974 Valencia St
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lolosf.com/
- Phone: 4156435656x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Regional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jorge Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ranging from bites for your party to a full service wedding.
Please call us.
- Private Party Facilities: Loló is available for private parties on Sundays. Please call us to book.
- Private Party Contact: Merdol Erkal 4156435656x
A word from Lolo
Loló was designed by Lorena Zertuche using many recycled materials. It was our attempt to create an environment that is fun and without pretention.Continued
We strive to take common ideas from all around the world and give them a playful and delicious new perspective.
We strive to take common ideas from all around the world and give them a playful and delicious new perspective.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Lolo reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (53)hot spot (45)vibrant bar scene (27)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (22)good for groups (17)special occasion (17)late-night find (8)notable wine list (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/1/2014Overall, the food was good but forgettable. Avocado tacos and drinks were amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ¡Caramba! ¡Qué sabroso! ¡Qué Rico!jubiladaDined on 8/1/2014This restaurant is a complete delight, visually, gastronomically, everything! The ambiance is eclectic and tremendous fun! The service is superb! The food is fabulous. I came here with 5 of my lady friends (we're all over 60), and we were enchanted and blown away ... and all of us would go back in a heartbeat! In fact, I am, with a new group of people ... this time with youngsters and my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funky DecorhansDined on 7/24/2014Food was good. Ecclectic decor. But you should really open on time (5:30 PM and not have your customer wait until 6 PM). Also, calling restaurant back to confirm my reservation - no live person who answers phone nor was there any voicemail options.Special Features:
- Great AmbiancegandoDined on 7/15/2014Went here for a girl's night with some coworkers and we all loved the drinks, food, and service! The food options were perfect for sharing and the drinks were fun and delicious! Will definitely be returningSpecial Features:
- Mostly greatJPynnSFDined on 7/6/2014Atmosphere - very fun. Food - the three times I've gone, I've enjoyed 10 small plates. Best asparagus I've ever had. Great carnitas - enough for 2 people. I crave the Windshield cocktail which they generally only serve at dinner but they'll make it for you for lunch, if you request it. The last time I was there, I was a bit disappointed in the service & drinks, especially because I brought two friends for their first visit. The wait person ignored after she took our order & at the end of our meal, she clearly wanted us gone. I didn't see anyone standing in line, so I couldn't understand the bum's rush. The lemonaid drinks were very weak (it's not on the online menu so I can't give a name). But generally, I've loved the food & service.Special Features:
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/3/2014I love the old location of Loló but something got lost along the way when they opened the new space. Prices have risen and quality has suffered. Bland guacamole, overly dressed brussel sprouts, nice homemade chips and avocado tacos.
- Fantastic.My3boysDined on 6/30/2014This was an outstanding meal from every angle. Fun decor made us laugh a lot, great drinks menu - highly creative. Outstanding service and food was unbeatable. SO unique!Special Features:
- Awesome sopes!NatalieDined on 6/30/2014Great Mexican-inspired cuisine. The meat (steak and chicken) were especially awesome. Go for the sopes and/or the tacos, and the kale salad was great as well!Special Features:
- Incredible food!OLASADined on 6/30/2014It was like having Mexican tapas. Really different take on your typical mexican dishes. You know it's good when an 8 year old will try something and then say it's delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatgoodbutnotgreatDined on 6/27/2014Good food, ok service and a bit too loud for normal conversation.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014This is now one of my three favorite restaurants! Everything was fabulous: food, decor, and service!Special Features:
- Will definitely return!sirfrancisrexDined on 6/24/2014Super friendly Hostess and servers. Got every dish that was recommended to us and they were all excellent, The decor is fun and super cute too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love LoloJMinSFVIPDined on 6/21/2014...and in their new location on Valencia St., there's more space, more light, more air ... with the same superb staff and over-the-top delicious food. A place this good generally goes downhill in quality (it's so good, there's really no place to go but downhill) ... but in the 5-6 or so years I have been off-and-on eating at Lolo's, this has not happened. Kudos to the management and staff for holding the line. I'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Lolo's popularity is well justifiedSFJazzerDined on 6/17/2014On a Tuesday, Lolo was popping like Saturday night, and despite having to wait 30 minutes for our reserved table, we liked it a lot. The folks finishing up at "our" table took that half hour for conversation after paying their check. Lolo let us know they would clear that table immediately when the earlier guests finally departed, and they brought us complimentary champagne (very nice champagne) to ease our wait. The menu is interesting and the food we ordered demanded a return visit to try the attractive choices that we left behind. Only complaint: as lifetime SFers, we are not afraid of spicy and at least one of the red sauces was surprisingly bland. Our servers were very good, well informed, and we expect to visit them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good foodpapaecoDined on 6/14/2014Very nice ambience, Very nice menu options, Not so good food.
- Oh no, loloLuvtoeatoutDined on 6/14/2014I had heard good things about lolo, but was really disappointed. First of all, it must have been 105 degrees at our booth. No sign of air conditioning or fans. I had asked the server about the shrimp tacos. She told me there were 2 on the plate. However she failed to tell me they were bite size. I was done with my lunch in 2 minuets, and still hungry. My partner ordered chilaquiles with a fried egg on top. They were dry, boring, and tasteless. My margarita was excellent, and I would have had another, had I been asked by our server. We both left saying the same thing "I'd never go back"Special Features:
- Second time, still great!KatieDined on 6/13/2014This is the second time we went to Lolo's and it was just as good as the first. The food has so much flavor, and all the dishes have a unique aspect to them. The place is relatively small and bustling, with crazy colorful and weird design. A great spot for groups or a date night. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- High and Low of Lolo4sustainabilityVIPDined on 6/11/2014Started on high note with wdfl beet/delicate cheese/fruity olive oil dish; downhill from there. Huge serving of browned, v. flavorful but a bit too oily Brussels sprouts, which took forever to arrive, was also tasty. Both grass-fed beef taco and carnitas sort of dry, bland--maybe because of late hour. Handmade corn tortillas had a slightly unfamiliar flavor that I didn't find an improvement over the standard. V. friendly, accommodating staff. I found my margarita kind of flavorless and the pina colada w. horchata just plain weird. Music loud; w. a full house I imagine the place would be deafening.
- tasty and fun settingoMiloDined on 6/9/2014was good not great but just right for an affordable lively /fun setting for good modern mexicanSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014I would definitely return to try other dishes! The Shrimp Tacos were good, loved the beets and also the brussle sprouts! Service was fantastic!Special Features:
- octopus taraditoRncmcVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great restaurant, one of my favorites in the neighborhood. Always have a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First dateandylandDined on 6/6/2014Nice. Cute. Great friendly staff. They had really good recommendations on food. Yum!Special Features:
- Fun & FantasticKatieDined on 6/5/2014This is a lively, fun an energetic spot with fantastic food. It's cozy and colorful, and you definitely need a reservation if you don't want to wait hours. But whether you make extra reservation efforts or decide to wait, it's definitely worth it. Our server was super friendly and knowledgeable about the food, but not overbearing. The food was all delicious and unique -- cool takes on traditional tapas with really great flavors. The wine was also excellent. And finally, for as much hype as this place has and as busy as it always is, the prices are still very reasonable. I highly recommend this place for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoLo respawnVicBeeDined on 5/30/2014I was very fond of the old Lolo with its funky setting, its excellent tapas and hot staff. So I decided to try the new place. It's spacious like many trendy eateries in the City. The decor tries to replicate the cool Latin bohemian old LoLo but with so much space to fill the same decor feels a bit cheap. The food is still excellent, with maybe fewer choices but truly nothing to complain about. From small LoLo to big LoLo intimacy with the staff is gone. Service is good and I recognize a few faces so I'll just deal with my nostalgia. But big space means big groups, likely from the suburbs, and the noise level can be a little overwhelming. So if you're hip and young, LoLo is probably the place to see and be seen.Special Features:
- The following 334 reviews are from the Lolo reviews archive.
- Good funtunaslurpeeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was great and perfectly timed, decor was fun, and service was very friendly and timely. A good time, for sure.Special Features:
- Warm Vib, Cold ChowTishieDined on 5/16/2014The service and the decor are terrific-really darling. The food was bland and not creative.Special Features:
- still my favorite Sf restaurantmarreiDined on 5/15/2014even if the old location had more character, it's still my favorite restaurant in San Francisco and I would recommend it over and over again, always a great dining experience!Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 5/15/2014Saw this place on Check Please and decided to try them. They have great tapas especially the tuna tacos and wonderful drinks too. Loved the domesticated wolf cocktail will definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant sceneskdineDined on 5/14/2014Lolo is very, very loud. Don't let that discourage you though. Lolo is perfect for dates or small parties. The atmosphere is fun but can also be very romantic. Come hungry enough to try multiple dishes. Some of the portions can be on the small side but that just means you have more room to try more dishes! If you like mezcal, they have lots of fun drinks to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingjoubeDined on 5/14/2014This place is hard to describe but it's easy to say that it's exceptional, outstanding, exquisite and fun... Do not miss the occasion to taste their cocktails also!Special Features:
- DisappointingILoveGreenvilleDined on 5/14/2014The menu reads like a dream but the actual dishes were fairly ordinary. We were disappointed. The waitress and staff, however, were very friendly and helpful.
- Great evening at Lolo's!BMBdinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014All the recommendations were fantastic. We will be back next time we visit SF.
- Tasty lunchaqua6VIPDined on 5/10/2014Happy to have a reservation here for lunch last Saturday, since we got the front table in the sunny window! Service was friendly and helpful in helping us decide how many plates to share. We enjoyed all the dishes we ordered, including the rum/beer/lemonade drink I had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beeatifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014beautiful food, service, and heartfelt experience.....Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceJocellDined on 5/9/2014The food was awesome - we were with a group of four and shared a bunch of small plates. The waitress showed up to the table after we had been sitting at our table for literally 20 minutes. We wanted to order more tapas but since our waitress was MIA we decided to go get ice cream instead. I was with some friends who I hadn't seen in a long time so the missing waitress wasn't an annoyance - it more became the running joke of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious cocktails and foodYuminmytumDined on 5/9/2014I enjoy this place every time I come into town. The mezcal margaritas are fantastic. I have everything on this menu and love it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bigger but not betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We have gone to Lolo for many years - everytime we had friends/relatives in town, this has been our destination with exceptional food & service. Unfortunately, it seems that moving onto Valencia to hit the big time hasn't worked out so well. Service is poor - the staff seemed overwhelmed and not so friendly, prices have gone up and food has declined - the panko seafood tacos that people come to Lolo specifically for (this was reported by the waiter) were cold, squishy and overwhelmed by pineapple chunks. Sitting towards the back, we got icky wafts of toilet odor. We'll be looking for a new go-to restaurant.Special Features:
- Delicious cocktails, tasty foodroxydDined on 5/2/2014I arrived slightly late (10 min) for our reservation and they were really kind about it, even turning people away while my friend waited for me. We started with cocktails and I was really, really impressed by the quality of their bartending. It's worth a visit solely to try their "windshield" cocktail, a smoky, perfectly balanced combination of mezcal, scotch, lemon, and bitters (if I am remembering correctly). We were hungry, so we got 5 plates between 2 people, and we probably could have done 4, but we were excited to try everything. Everything was delicious, but the avocado tacos were really incredible. We couldn't finish dessert, but the creme brulee and ice cream were both rich and satisfying. I definitely recommend checking them out.Special Features:
- Too loud for conversationAnOpenTableUserDined on 5/1/2014I went to Lolo at its old location and loved the food and the atmosphere, so I was eager to take two out-of-town guests for dinner at Lolo's new location on Valencia St. Unfortunately, I doubt that I will go back. Some dishes were just ok, some were quite good, and all are still very reasonably priced. But in addition to the restaurant being crowded, which was fine, it was filled with extremely loud technopop music, with no Latin flavor and no real character, but with a pounding bass. The high noise level, due to the music, made it difficult to converse without shouting and made the dining experience rather unpleasant. Lolo feels like a bar scene with food now. However, if you don't mind very noisy places, you may enjoy it.
- Kicky restaurant with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014The decor and the vibe give Lolo something special. The food is a definite asset. The owners have created something unique and these people are definitely not color wimps.Special Features: