229 Galisteo Street
Santa Fe, NM 87501Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.loliviersantafe.com/
- Phone: 5059891919x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, French
- Executive Chef: Xavier Grenet
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: West Alameda & Galisteo Street
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: 2 minutes away from public parking/garage, entrance on San Francisco Street. Exit by walking on the back side of the parking, on Water street. We are 2mn away.
Or you can park on the other side of the Santa Fe River.
A word from L'Olivier
Fine Southwestern and French Cuisine. Executive Chef Xavier Grenet uses as many local products as possible with his own French technique. He creates a fine Southwestern cuisine, rich in flavors and finess.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
L'Olivier - Best Restaurants in Santa Fe ›
L'Olivier reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (77)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (43)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (33)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- LandofEnchantmentDined on 10/17/2014Our second visit was as wonderful as our first. We definitely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great DiscoveryDannyDined on 10/16/2014I happened to discover L'Olivier by accident and I'm so happy I did. It was perfect in every way: ambiance, service, and most of all food. The duck confit was sublime. Really wonderful escargot and garlic sauce. The suckling pig was excellent. This was one of the best meals my wife and I have enjoyed in Santa Fe and that's saying quite a lot. We will definitely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est magnifique!protrombinaDined on 10/16/2014Our first visit to Santa Fe and now we understand why this restaurant appear on every single search we did on "best restaurants in Santa Fe". The food was outstanding and the desserts to die for! A MUST stop while in town.Special Features:
- WonderfulSamStarDined on 10/13/2014We stopped in here on a whim and it was truly one of the best dining experiences we've had. Our server was very professional and knowledgeable about the food, down to the preparation of specific components. The wine pairings she recommended were spot on, and she brought out four glasses to try to make sure we were satisfied with the selections. The food was magnificently prepared and beautifully plated, the flavors were perfectly balanced and the portions were more than ample. My only regret is that we were too full to try any of the dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvsavoryluvsavoryVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were in Santa Fe on vacation and thought we would try this newer restaurant. We were disappointed with the night's special, Leg of Lamb, It was fatty and tough. The flavor profile was weak. The other entre, Duck was average . The saving grace was the excellent dessert, Chocolate Souffle.it was to the best we've had. The server was very, very good, knowledgeable and pleasant. The servers need a little more training. All in all, we will give this place a little time and will try again.
- ok but...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/10/2014I had the lamb and it was very fatty and had to ask for sharper knife to cut all the gristle....waiter never even asked if lamb was ok (Ask for sharp knife was my tip off)....thought prices were a bit high for the soups and salads but maybe many diners only order them for dinner so the restaurant has to make their profit on the apps and sides
- L'Oivier 1OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We had a great time! It was noisy, though; I do know that means people are having a good time. Maybe more textiles somewhere could help to absorb the sound. The food was great!Special Features:
- Ask about what you're ordering.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014I was a little disappointed because I ordered the beef steak that was supposed to come with gnocchi, some sort of cheese and favi beans. I mainly ordered the item because of the sides. However, there were was no cheese and it was served with brussell sprouts and some potato croquettes. I understand that sometimes the kitchen has to substitute items, but they need to let the customer know so they aren't surprised. I probably would have changed my order had I known.
- Disappointing dinnerdiningout7Dined on 9/27/2014We had a disappointing dining experience this past Saturday night. The noise level made it difficult for our waiter to hear our order and for us to have a conversation. The waiter was missing most of the evening. His support team was as well. We spent much of the evening hoping for more water. When food arrived it was never served to the correct person. At on point, I had to get up from the table to find him, so that we could all have more water and order additional beverages. The food was hit or miss. The Duck was delicious, the steak and squash blossom starter were overly salty. A very uneven experience.Special Features:
- First timeLuvveroVIPDined on 9/20/2014This was our first visit and we thoroughly enjoyed the evening. Our only negative was that there was not enough wait staff. Our waiter was very solicitous but had too many tables to cover. We'll go back!Special Features:
- Excellent French BistroPete35Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent food, wine parings unmatched and wine list very good, but very reasonably priced. The sea bass was fantastic, my wife said it was the best she has had fantastic blanc sauce and black rice. The elk achiote was traditional Santa Fe with excellent sweet potato puree. The foie gras with sauternes was the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- SherryDined on 9/20/2014Excellent!!!!! I would go back again, great service, amazing food (try the Green Chile Mashed Potatoes - they're to die for)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencenmcapoteDined on 9/19/2014Took my partner here for his birthday, and while it was his first visit, I had been here before. Though relatively new on the Santa Fe restaurant scene, this is the place to go for foodies who want to experience the latest cutting edge cuisine. I had the elk steak, which was the best I've had, and there was strong wine list, with plenty of seafood options if one wanted to eat lighter fare. Well worth every cent, this restaurant delivers on every level. Great, great evening. Would recommend to anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful FindLandofEnchantmentDined on 9/19/2014We had a wonderful first-time experience. The foie gras and the squash blossom appetizers were magnificent, light and silky, and the elk and halibut were perfectly cooked. Wine pairings were spot-on. All in all, a fabulous dinner.Special Features:
- One of Santa Fe's Best RestaurantsLynnDined on 9/12/2014The food here never disappoints. My party split several dishes: we began with a crab salad and a tuna tartare, then had warm asparagus with ham and parm, duck salad with frisée and pomegranate, and a wonderful halibut with orzo and lobster sauce. All superb. L'Olivier always makes the best, most perfectly cooked halibut anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply excellentAnchomanVIPDined on 9/5/2014What a pleasure to have a restaurant with consistently excellent food and a really good European wine list at great prices. (Finally somebody understands that the bulldozer-Californian wines are not to everyone's tastes; hooray for balance and subtlety!). Par excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WildcatDined on 9/4/2014Four out of five entrees were excellent. The salad entry was undersized and relatively flavorless. Short ribs and fish dishes were excellent. However, the "Floating Island" dessert was mediocre at best. Watery with an egg flavor. The presentation was unappetizing. The chef and staff were excellent and accommodating. We will definitely return since now we are familiar with the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinner!ExquisiteVIPDined on 8/30/2014Friends recommended this place or it would never have occurred to us to try it. The food was really wonderful! The mix of french and New Mexican ingredients was a delightful surprise. Each dish was beautifully prepared. We sat on the patio & it was quite intimate with the fire going. Just a lovely evening! The close proximity to the Plaza is nice for tourists, but I saw mostly local foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good but not GreatWesternretireeDined on 8/30/2014Small warm restaurant with somewhat crowded tables and uncomfortable seats. Our four starters were lovely. The Elk main course was cooked strangely, apparently starting with a large tenderloin, then sliced, and when it was seen that it was too rare, the slices were arrayed and put into the oven. This resulted in an overdone slice, a medium slice, and two raw slices. The sauce was quite salty. The Halibut was quite good as was the chocolate soufflé and the off-menu cheese plate. The service was good, but not particularly friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something special for Santa Fepatti83Dined on 8/22/2014The most important feature is the Menu and all the daily specials. Everything if fresh of the day. The menu is creative and unusual with a French influence and sometimes a southwestern twist. A very peaceful atmosphere in the center of town, walking distance to most shopping areas and the Plaza. Very friendly staff who knows how to accommodate your needs and never rushes you. Recommended for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always wonderful.TJGIntlVIPDined on 8/21/2014I regularly send friends, both in and out of town, to this great little French restaurant. One of my favorites in Santa Fe. I wish L’Olivier continued success and I will certainly support it. I recently brought our group of 7, and everyone loved their meal. The squash blossoms are wonderful, although the cherry soup was heavily seasoned with anise, much too strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Dissapointed!Localgal235Dined on 8/21/2014Not what I expected. Disappointing experience with our food. Presentation not pleasing and food was undercooked and cold.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This was our first time at this restaurant and it was wonderful. We will definitely return. Our group had Squash Blossom Tempura and Escargot for appetizers. For entrees, we had halibut, snapper, sea bass, and chicken and everyone loved their food.Special Features:
- Delicious Dining ExperienceSFDinerDined on 8/14/2014Celebrating the end of our annual Opera bonanza in Santa Fe, our group found L'Olivier a perfect setting and equally delicious dining experience. All our choices on the menu, from the elk to the beef and the duck, were superbly prepared with excellent sauces to highlight the varied meat tastes. We know because we all excitedly sampled all the dishes on our table. We could not have done better that evening to pair our dining experience with our continued love of the Santa Fe Opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Ambience, service, and food were all fantastic! Love how the chef incorporated green chile into his french style. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious overallOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014We had the squash blossom and an oyster special for an appetizer - both delicious. For our main entree, I chose the Sea Bass while my husband had a swordfish special. His was DELICIOUS! Mine was just average. However, the chocolate mousse dessert made up for it! And he had the cherry soup for dessert which was also amazing. Service was perfect. Outdoor patio is amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have had betterBabykittenDined on 8/8/2014I ordered the duck confit salad as a main course. I love duck confit and always order it when I see it on the menu. It was dry, and not at all succulent and flavorful the way good duck confit should be. Dessert was so so. Without wine, and with only one entree, two appetizers and two desserts, bill was $78, plus tip. I would not return.
- Excellent entrees and apetizersTerryDined on 8/6/2014But the desserts were only so so. We asked for a quiet table outside and were placed next to the street. Loud motorcycles passing by interrupted our conversation. The service was fine only it took forever once we were seated to get a waiter to take our order. We had to tell a passing waiter that we were ready. With tip it cost the three of us $190 and we only got one appetizer, 2 glasses of wine, and 2 desserts and 3 entrees. So it is quite expensive. On the site it has two $$ which is not accurate. And either on your site or theirs it says dinner under $30 while most entrees are more. Wines are expensive and appetizers are too.Special Features:
- food4meVIPDined on 8/6/2014Excellent French chef==a great dining experience. Quality ingredients presented in an elegant way.Special Features:
- lovesantaferestaurantsDined on 8/2/2014Expected bigger portions for such a huge price. Sea bass good enough that I would have liked more than a two inch x 4 inch sliver for the money. Overall good experience, and great patio, but will only be a special occasion-when-i'm-not-that-hungry spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/30/2014We had a 7 45 p m reservation and were seated immediately . Restaurant was crowded. Drinks were offered and delivered promptly . All three of our courses were excellent . Lots of interesting dishes on the menu made it hard to choose. Only criticism is of the location where parking is a problem but of course this has been an issue for all the restaurants at that address. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- New favepeb3VIPDined on 7/26/2014With great food, good service and a charming atmosphere, l'Olivier has become our new Santa Fe non-splurge fave.Special Features:
- An outstanding restaurantalwaysthere1VIPDined on 7/25/2014The menu selections are all so inspiring that selection was a hard choice. I had a wonderful lobster salad as an appetizer snd deliciously prepared Halibut as an enter. The wine list has many good, yet modestly priced choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in Downtown Santa FeepicuriousVIPDined on 7/24/2014Each of the several times I've been to this restaurant I've been happy with the food and service. The ambiance is appealing though it can get busy.The latest visit I have to say my lobster salad starter was tired,but my partner's salad special was very good and the duck we both chose was excellent. There is a bar indoors where you can dine, and they've made an appealing outdoor dining space with another bar and also tables.The waitstaff have always been very efficient.Unless you're lucky enough to find a space on the street, parking is a problem,but there are several parking lots within a 5 min walk.For visitors, the location is central to the Plaza area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New in town-Good!CathyVIPDined on 7/22/2014Three of us dined and loved it. One had the scallops, one the halibut and one the elk tenderloin. We all loved each others' dishes. Portions are very adequate without being too much. The accompanying sauces and vegetables were delectable. My halibut was roasted in a mascarpone sauce-lovely!Special Features:
- Criticalwoman52CriticalWoman52Dined on 7/21/2014If you hadn't just walked through downtown Santa Fe, You would think you were in France! Perfect seasonal food, expertly prepared and beautifully presented. The appetizers and salads were a taste of summer! Don't miss the squash blossoms stuffed with goat cheese and fried in a light tempura batter! We will definitely make this a regular on our trips to SF- lovely out door seating and interesting wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RioinNjVIPDined on 7/21/2014One great finding in Santa Fe. Nice cozy place with a lot of outdoor seating. Although the food presentation needs a bit more sophistication, my dish was excellent. Definitely worth going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedFoodlover102Dined on 7/17/2014Selecting L'olivier for dinner in a quick visit to Sante Fe was a wise move. The quality of the dishes was excellent & the service was unobtrusive and well done. Only complaint: entree does not come with any accompaniments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous PlaceMoonSongDined on 7/14/2014Best Restaurant in Santa Fe! The food is the best French food in all of Santa Fe. Great owners, staff and ambiance. Highly recommend it to visitors and townies alike. It would make Julia Child smile!Special Features:
- Epicurius would be proudRobertDined on 7/12/2014I have eaten at this establishment several times. This was truly amazing dining. Gracious host, amazing food, great service, in a wonderful environment. For what more could one ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.