900 Literary Rd
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lolitarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2167715652
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner:Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: James Mowcomber
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lolita
Nestled in Cleveland's chic Tremont neighborhood, Lolita is an inviting restaurant which attracts locals and out-of-towners alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lolita - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Lolita reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (190)neighborhood gem (168)special occasion (151)hot spot (91)romantic (86)notable wine list (63)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (49)late-night find (35)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Stagger food deliverymfredVIPDined on 9/17/2014Loved our server, but we ordered peppers, eggplant, mac n cheese, polenta, mussels, and pigs ears. I just settled into my first drink...and it all arrived. I mean it all arrived at once! Maybe the question should be asked as to what order things should arrive so that the meal can be extended...drawn out for the enjoyment. While I love that time to table was under 7 minutes, we were done eating 35 minutes after we had arrived. It felt so rushed and because I had so much food in front of me, the cold dish got warm and the warm dishes got cold. I just love Lolita so much that I would like servers to offer staggered delivery.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014It was great. Excellent service and the atmosphere was enjoyable. I would definitely dine here again. Quail raviol!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Needs attentionnomnomDined on 9/10/2014As always, the food selection at Lolita was innovative and full of fresh ingredients one would not normally put together. The creativity combined with a great wine list always offers the food and wine lover a great selection. The ambience is always our favorite at Lolita...with the neighborhood charm, dark lighting and comfortable tables. Although the service was prompt, it was awkward. We have had this server several times and he/she somehow always makes us uncomfortable about asking questions. We were also disappointed that we couldn't opt for the burger...our go-to option if all else fails. We were told to go to BSpot. Really? A mall diner wasn't what we were looking for: we just wanted the MS signature option and a good wine list.Special Features:
- Not worth the hypeCLeFoodieDined on 9/10/2014Very disappointed with this Cleveland 'hot spot'. Mediocre bar food style menu with high price tags. Michael Symon should be ashamed to have his name associated with this place. Staff was the only redeeming quality.
- Pretty goodClevesteveDined on 9/7/2014Food was good, not sure if the quail was cooked all the way in some parts, waitress was very attentive. Only negative was that we sat outside and were seated next to the door going into the resteraunt from the patio, lots of traffic in and out primarily from the staff , not sure what was up with that , overall food was good, and price was rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding first visit!AimeeDined on 9/6/2014This was our first visit to Lolita, and we had an amazing experience! We had reservations for 6pm--the restaurant was very busy, but we were seated immediately. Our server was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable. We had the charred eggplant dip and beet salad special to start, followed by skirt steak with Brussels sprouts and the mushroom pizza. For dessert we had the cheesecake and the s'mores ice cream special. Everything was outstanding. Great selection of wine and after dinner drinks! We also tried two of the Ohio specialty cocktails that they were offering that evening, and they were excellent! It's a very lively and warm place, and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was awesome..waiter was good but when he got alot of tables he seemed to take longerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleAnniekDined on 9/5/2014Amazing restaurant. Incredible food, great environment, and fantastic cocktails.Special Features:
- Need to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014The service was impeccable; the food extraordinary; wine perfect. It was 99.9% perfect. No fault of the Lolita's, it was 98 degrees outside with Cleveland humidity....just a little warm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful summer dining.Diningin216Dined on 9/3/2014The charming courtyard setting and the fabulous food served by a very attentive, knowledgable waiter made for a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lolita is excellentPDXfoodieVIPDined on 9/2/2014I love this restaurant. The food is fantastic. The drinks were very interesting. I enjoyed the margarita martini cocktail. It was like drinking a classier margarita and was delicious. The macaroni and cheese with goat cheese was excellent and a very flavorful take on a classic dish. The service was also great as they were very attentive when needed. This place is great for the romantic, special occasion and a business dinner. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- wonderful food, difficult ambience2GarciasDined on 8/31/2014The food was creative, absolutely delicious, and fairly priced for the quality and quantity. The quail ravioli is outstanding. Our only concern was the ambience-- really loud, and the open kitchen made the entire (small) restaurant smoky at times. The smoke made it difficult to appreciate the aroma of our own food, and stung my eyes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVERYTHING WE EXPECTED AND MOREAwesomeDined on 8/31/2014Deliciously DIFFERENT foods (who would think to combine dates with bacon for dessert)? Outstanding server. Fantastic atmosphere.Special Features:
- Food Network ChefJoakes00Dined on 8/30/2014I selected this restaurant because I've always wanted to experience Michael's creations. I've watched his numerous shows on TV and I live so close but the only missing element was him actually doing the preparation. I realize it was a stretch because it is a business bu I have to say it was cool being there and knowing he has input into was is placed on the table. Overall, a real joy to spend the evening with two people that I care about and to be part of the experience. The atmosphere was dark, eclectic and small but felt like I was part of the neighborhood and not visiting an upscale, trendy restaurant. The food was a amazing from the Mac-N-Cheese, hanger steak, sprouts and pork chop. A real delight ad I would highly recommend the venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu, great food!!PeggyVIPDined on 8/29/2014Second time at Lolita visiting from NYC. Michaela Simon does not disappoint! The menu is so interesting...we actually ordered the pig ears and tails in agrodolce sauce. Surprisingly good despite how it sounds. We also ordered the crab cake special app, heirloom tomato salad, quail ravioli and hanger steak entrees. SO DELICIOUS! A side of brussels sprouts with nuts and capers was inventive and delish. Dessert was lavandar/honey gelato and blueberry corn trifle....both yummy! Our server Kathleen rocked. She was attentive and super friendly. Highly recommend!!!Special Features:
- Priceless Mealfoodie4everDined on 8/28/2014From the service to the food it was one of the best experience I have ever had. Being a Chef myself it isn't easy these days to be able to enjoy a great meal bursting with flavors from the appetizer to the dessert. I enjoyed the smooth velvety texture of the roasted eggplant dip with a hint of chile served with freshly made flatbread. Main course, seafood daily special: Grilled Hawaiian Waui Escolar in a pool of cucumber gazpacho & roasted heirloom cherry tomatoes garnished with micro greens. Cucumber gazpacho balanced out the buttery richness of the Escolar & the roasted heirloom tomatoes add the perfect touch of acidity and sweetness. Perfect well balanced entree of sweet, sour, bitter, &salty. Corn cremeux blueberry trifle yummm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014Michael Simon's restaurant lives up to the reputation of the Iran Chef, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014Really enjoyed our evening at Lolita. The weather was perfect for outdoor seating. The food was exquisite. Very nice experience.Special Features:
- Lolita Bistro in TreamontJillymoEatsDined on 8/22/2014Everything about Lolita is outstanding. Something for everyone, for me and my "foodie" friends, bone marrow & crispy chicken livers, pig tails and ears ... for my not as adventurous hubs, the best pizza any of us have ever had! Lavender & Honey Gelato, delicious! The service and atmosphere make this an all around great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic dining experienceYummyDined on 8/22/2014We had an early reservation on a Friday night for four. Service was great wine and food were even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very happyPEZ1Dined on 8/21/2014We live on the West coast and dined here 1 other time. We were quite happy with the dinner then (6 months ago). This time we brought a relative but we were all disappointed with several dishes. The side dishes were so salty - totally uneatable. We asked the server if she could change them but the subsequent replacements were not much different. The manager tried to remedy the situation but the dishes were still fairly salty. We gave up and chose not eat them - we noticed that we were not charged for these bad side orders. Maybe the kitchen staff has changed?? We were really disappointed as we follow Michael Simon and loved the food first time around. We have also eaten at Lolas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still excellent.LolitaRocksDined on 8/19/2014We go here on special occasions. It is well worth the wait. My wife and I appreciate the time together for a grown up meal. The food is consistently superior and arrives at the table hot and fresh. Service is impeccable. The atmosphere is fun. Ingredients always seem fresh. If you enjoy unpretentious fine dining, then you need to experience Lolita.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedKiss831Dined on 8/16/2014Amazing food. Pleasantly surprised as to how great eveything was! I've told many people already to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LolitaSCHWDined on 8/15/2014Great food, knowledgeable servers! Gave us pig tails and ears to try-- wow, delicious!! Could make meals out of the great apps. Only issue was they seemed to be running short on staff and service was slow. Also forgot one of our plates, and had to be reminded. Apologized profusely, but our 11 yr old had to wait 10 mins for her dinner to show up. Gave us gelato as a comp, very nice, but then my other daughter wanted a different dessert and it took several minutes to get the eye of the waitstaff. Ultimately it took so long, we decided not to order dessert. We are big Symon fans on a family trip and had driven from central NY so the family still had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerPoochDined on 8/15/2014We had a nice dinner - we were unfortunately seated under an air conditioning vent and it was cold. But other than that, a fine meal. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive average experienceNikkiV317Dined on 8/13/2014We waited to be approached, we waited for suggestions, we waited for our drinks, we waited for the extraordinary experience that we've all had there in the past. The entire experience was underwhelming. Their were a couple moments where I felt the server may redeem themselves, but it ended up being average at best. I have no problem spending the money, when I get the experience I am expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to expectationsDatenightDined on 8/13/2014Michael Symon has a big reputation and Lolita lives up to it. The menu is small but well thought out and each item is a testament to his style of food. Prices are reasonable for the quality of what you receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very creative and tastyLovegreatfoodDined on 8/10/2014The chefs pull together some interesting items and create very delicious dishes out of them. Service is great, atmosphere as well. A great place to enjoy fine dining without feeling stuffy while doing it. Don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef listens to you!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2014Food was very much expected from a Michael Symon's restaurant. Amazing pizzas with fresh house-made mozzarella and sausage. My foodie son said "Hands down the best tomato sauce ever!". One of the appetizers I ordered was not quite balanced to my taste. The server asked whether I don't care for the dish and why. I told her capers overpowered. A little later she came back and reported that the chef investigated and he agreed with my assessment. She took it off the bill (I didn't expect her to.) At that point, I felt I have a voice and the chef actually listened to me. It was a great feeling!Special Features:
- Love!KhrundellDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful food and service! Great place to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLetdown1234Dined on 8/9/2014Some of the staff wasn't friendly, waiter was polite but unattentive, food was overpriced for small portions. I expected so much moreSpecial Features:
- Awesome ExperienceLettheromancebeginDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I went to Lolitas for a nice romantic Dinner and had a great time. Food was awesome and our waitress did an outstanding job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GregVIPDined on 8/3/2014Food was amazing. Pig tail and ear appetizer was delicious. Like chicken wings on steroids. Carbonara was very filling but surprisingly light. Quail ravioli with mushrooms is a dish I will remember for a long time.Special Features:
- Great food; know what to expect.FoodIsGoodDined on 8/3/2014The food was delicious! A little pricey but I knew what to expect ahead of time, so I was okay with it. Really enjoyed the interior design and atmosphere. This was my first and only experience so far, but there were a couple of times where we noticed the service was fairly slow or our server was not around when we needed her. Part of the reason may be that we were over in the corner by the entrance and the server wouldn't have been just walking by that area where we could have stopped her. Dessert was great, and I'm glad that it wasn't a very large portion so I didn't feel like i was going to explode after eating it. I would go here again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Beautiful placeindulgeDined on 8/2/2014We had the bone marrow to start, full of flavor! Then we had the fried livers as a meal, the prosciutto and asparagus pasta dish, and the rosemary and goat cheese macaroni. The dishes were overall very delicious. The server never told us her name but was pleasant and efficient. We were sat right on time for our reservation and the atmosphere was nice. tables and booths. Parking was terrible so unless valet is an option leave time for hunting down a space.Special Features:
- New FavoriteFrequentDinerDined on 8/2/2014Been dying to try this restaurant as I've been to all of Michael Symon's other Cleveland restaurants, and it did not disappoint! The food and drinks were great and reasonably price. I definitely recommend the big board of cured meats to anyone as well as the Spaghetti Carbonara and Brussel Sprouts. Only complaint I have is that, like most of his food, all the dishes are just a little too salty which distracts from the core flavors of each dish. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Interesting menu!shauna121211Dined on 8/1/2014We loved the crispy pig tail & ears and found the menu very exciting. We were Hally with most of our food, however the risotto was crunchy. When we mentioned this to the waiter, we were told this is how they prepare it there, al dente. They took it back and cooked it a bit more but we would prefer risotto cooked in the traditional way... The flavors were great though we wouldn't order that again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Iteatingwell12345Dined on 7/31/2014The staff was so professional. The food was delicious. I would recommend everyone eat there sometime in their lifetime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrammyDined on 7/30/2014Lolita never disappoints, delicious food and wonderful serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Michael Symon GemDrums46Dined on 7/26/2014Great food. Service was excellent. I enjoyed the crispy chicken livers over polenta appetizer. The polenta was out of this world! My husband liked his bruschetta with tuna. My pork chop Milanese was huge and delicious. My husband scarfed down his wahoo entree. We both had The key lime sorbet, although one portion was enough to share. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.