2518 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lolindasf.com/
- Phone: (415) 550-6970
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Morgan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 21st Street
- Public Transit: 24th Street Bart station is your best options as it is three blocks from our location.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have valet connected with the restaurant that charges a flat rate of $10 per car. Closest parking garage is on 21st and Bartlett. Please allow a minimum of 20 minutes to find street parking.
A word from Lolinda
A new kind of Argentinian steakhouse that combines Latin American flavors with Californian sensibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Lolinda - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Lolinda reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (154)good for groups (119)hot spot (110)special occasion (101)neighborhood gem (72)vibrant bar scene (71)romantic (68)late-night find (43)notable wine list (35)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Fine DiningEngineerJohnDined on 9/5/2014I was 4000 miles away from home and my daughter took me to Lolindas. No reservation the first time and the lineup was too long. The next time we made a reservation for 6:30. No lining up for us. We went right in. The food was amazing. Very popular spot. Everyone recommended it to us and they were right on. I expect to be back next year with a large group attending a conference and I will recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehRobroxsfVIPDined on 9/5/2014I was really looking forward to this place. The food was pretty good, though the meat a bit overcooked. The service sucked out loud. Our server was clearly more interested in flirting with the bartender than paying attention to her tables. When our food finally hit the table, we were ready for more wine. I tried the entire meal to get anyone's attention. So we had our meal of Argentinian style steak without any wine. I had to flag a food runner down to bring us our check. I let him know how bad service had been and he didn't really seem to care. We never actually saw our server again, she didn't bring the check or handle the payment. I would not go here again. I expect at least some service when I am paying for a nice meal.
- Big SmileMoonriderVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wow, first time here. Great fun with fantastic and friendly service. Went to bar after dinner and didn't want to leave at last call around 11.Special Features:
- Lolinda ExperienceNicamanDined on 9/4/2014The food was great, right portions, the service great, the spirits list could have been more open, they had great licor, but small list, I know they want to be more sophisticated, but did not have known names. I mean for vodka, scotch, and rums. Other than that, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantSFgreattimeDined on 9/2/2014The staff was courteous and friendly. The food was great. The atmosphere was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantILOVEFOODDined on 9/1/2014Food was amazing. The empanades were small, but full of flavor. My friends and I had the lengue and both versions of the short ribs. The meat just fell off the bone into my mouth. Great flavor! The scenery was nice. I just wished they gave me more food because it was so delicious! Great place to have a date or a small gathering with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The mixed plate asada was good but the short ribs and steak were dry and over-cooked. The ceviche and vigoron are my favorite dishes. Dishes are small overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific Latin restaurantKevinDined on 8/31/2014Great food, the steaks are terrific and portions perfect (not too much, just right)! The Maze side dish perhaps best side dish I have ever had! The place is really cool, noisy and service very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Local Gem-Book in Advance!JohndeeDined on 8/31/2014We had a fantastic mid-evening feast at Lolinda on Sunday. Our waitress took time to explain the menu and translate dishes where necessary. Great sharing platters to start us off with a cocktail. The meat was melt in mouth succulent and gorgeous. Try some of the ales and finish with one of their yummy desserts. Great atmosphere and good photos but quite loud. Will definitely book again.Special Features:
- Love this placeSouthernFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Best food and the best staff ever. My husband and I come here at least once a month. The food is just mouth watering. The best steaks on the planet..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongmoschefDined on 8/25/2014Every time I come here I know what to expect. Nothing but great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meats & cocktailsZackDined on 8/25/2014The Asado Mixto is highly recommended (the short ribs are amazing) and you can’t go wrong with basically any cocktail on the menu, although be warned that they’re pretty strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodTasteDined on 8/24/20144th time there and might've been the best... will return again.. well done Team Lolinda..Special Features:
- An outstanding Epicurean ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Everything we ate was fantastic. Want to know how they make those grilled artichokes. All the skewer entries are so flavorful.Special Features:
- amorcomerDined on 8/23/2014Overall great experience food was excellent, ambiance was great, wine & drink list fantastic, the service was great for the exception of one of the servers, SANDRA, that was extremely rude and just too busy to snap a picture for us but somehow was able for other tables that she was taking care of. Understood that she might be busy but her overall attitude killed the experience. Luckily another server made it a point to graciously apologize for her, apparently she didn't have the etiquette to do so herself and he was probably embarrassed about the situation. Stay away from Sandra and your experience at Lolinda will be enjoyable.Special Features:
- JenRecommendsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, both small plates & entrees! Very vibrant, trendy scene and great cocktails! A win-win all around!Special Features:
- SublimesonyavioletDined on 8/23/2014Every single bite of the meal was impeccable and succulent! Terrific main server/waitress. Fun ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014Every time I have dinner here I have an amazing time. I consistently bring in small groups of people in and we always enjoy the pre-dinner cocktails, dinner, wine and dessert, service, ambience but more importantly the company. It is wonderful to eat at a place where there is good food, energy, not too close to other tables where you can sit with your people and talk and also hear each other.Special Features:
- LoLinda=Amazing; El Techo = NotSummerStarrDined on 8/21/2014The rooftop venue was packed in the bar area, so things were a bit hectic. It was hard to catch our server's eye sometimes. But the actual restaurant was beautiful and the food was AMAZING. I went with two friends, and we ordered a bunch of sides (which were all divine), but the main dishes we ordered were the Sea Bass (succulent and not fishy at -all-, which meant that I was willing to taste it). I ordered the Flank Steak and it was the most perfect piece of meat I've ever had. I mean, I fell in love right there. As an aside, I'd order their wine and not their cocktails, as the one for our table seemed more of a warning than an entreaty. Also, go for the churros for dessert! Stellar, all of it. Definitely a special date kind of place.Special Features:
- Great Argentinian grill menu2PickyVIPDined on 8/20/2014The highlights on the menu rare really the A la Vara and the Asador sections. The Lubina (Sea Bass) is amazing and so are the selection of meats (steak, sausages, etc.) from the grill. The rest of menu is all right - nothing exceptional. Have had better ceviche and the selection of small plates tend to be a little static.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely dinnerluv2dineVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had an amazing time at Lolinda with my family. The service was excellent as well as food. Favorites of the night were beef tartare, hearts of Palm salad and asparagus appetizer. Great decor and ambiance, will defiantly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014First time dining here. Saw the rating on yelp and took a chance. Good steak, great shrimp, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not really a steakhouse...mikeNjamesVIPDined on 8/17/2014Yes there are steaks on the menu; 6 steaks and a pork chop on the night we were there. And all the grilled meats we tasted were good. But the heart of the menu is the 20+ tapas selections, and especially the hot "pequeno" dishes. Each was great (we had many of them) with standouts being the croquetas, octopus, pork belly, corn empanadas, and quinoa salad. The grilled meats that followed seemed just to be gilding the lily. We will definitely return mid-week for tapas and a bottle of Argentinian wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Impossible to keep a conversation. The place was crowed, too many people and it was impossible to have a convesartion even with the person on the other side of the table. Too bad to meet and chat.
- Excellent Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinner. Food and service top notch. Loved the ceviche, seabass, blood sausage, pork belly and churros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014only complaint - we could barely read the menu - so dark! But, who cares!! The food was amazing! I'd definitely make my way to this place again. The meat was unlike anything I've tasted - so tender and delicious - I'm not a big meat person, but I'm a convert now! The food was amazing, and a good number of vegetarian options. So tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :D Yum!sfo2bcnVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything we tried on the menu was fantastic... especially the pork chop... wow.. The service was excellent, the food was fantastic, drinks were excellent and the atmosphere was fun. If you like meat, go to Lolinda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!nummynumDined on 8/9/2014We had great food and great service, but the noise level was a bit much. We couldn't quite hear ourselves talking, but it was all worth it for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise level unbearable.KiwigiannaDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food, average service (the hostess wasn't friendly or accommodating at all, but the noise level prevented us from enjoying our meal. One would have to shout to be heard and it got louder and louder as the night progressed. There was no getting away from it. On top of the noise, loud music was turned on around 10P which made it more like a night club scene rather than un upscale restaurant. I would not go there again unless I had been advised that the noise pollution had been corrected.Special Features:
- Hostess very accommodatingNonongDined on 8/6/2014Reservations for 4 but talked to Keenan the day before to change it for 6 people. We had cocktails at El Techo, seated promptly upon arrival but at the mezzanine which was not to my liking. I explained to the hostess that it was our daughter's wedding weekend and her husband's parents from Canada were w/ us. I wanted them to feel the vibrant ambience of your restaurant. I saw the hostess go down to make arrangements and saw her arranging the tables to sit us together. The parents whoever, feeling my disappointment insisted that they were very comfortable in the spot they were seated down already without realizing that the hostess already acquiesced to my request. I recommend her for her professionalism. We had a good dinner. Thank you.Special Features:
- Hidden Mission GemSF2ParisGourmetDined on 8/4/2014I took my boss to Lolinda's. He grew up in and works in Paris, his nationality is Italian & Spanish, he loves Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine - so the challenge was to find a place that wasn't French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine. Enter Lolinda! The food was incredible, the staff were very friendly and accommodating (we asked if we could move to a somewhat "quieter" place to sit and it was no problem) and our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. I would have given Lolinda 5 stars if the noise level wasn't so high. So, the food - OMG - off the charts good. I had the Lengua (beef tongue) braised in a Malbec sauce, which was perfection. My boss-the flank steak, cooked & seasoned perfectly!Special Features:
- Lucky finding this special placefoodluvrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Super, high-energy restaurant with equally standout food/drink. We had the perfect table on the second level overlooking all that was going on. Cocktail was spectacular - if you like gin would recommend the 50/50 martini. The pork chop & the shrimp skewers were our food highlights of the evening. And, the service was spot on - engaging & attentive. Will hopefully have the opportunity to visit again in the future!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at dinner, there was a hiccup with our order and it took much longer than expected with a few items missing. The waitress was told about the issue and attended to it. Other than that, we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even for vegetariansveronikaDined on 8/1/2014I'm a vegetarian, but my family loves meat. Even though it's a steakhouse they have a lot of really great vegetarian options. The food is really delicious here. The portions are not too big, but we all like sharing food and tasting everything. Make sure you make a reservation early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 109 reviews are from the Lolinda reviews archive.
- great bbq meatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014Great meats and ambience for date night or group gatherings. Dining room is a little dim and noisy for younger families. However, it is more than made up by the great food and timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy.gk1414Dined on 7/26/2014Our server was not really in the mood to be nice or serve, we ordered steak and sausages steak was raw( we ordered well done) no big deal, she took it back and made it well done, being from Argentina, we wanted chimichurri since it didn't come with it, we asked our server...it took forever and still no chimichurri, when my husband asked her again, she was so rude!! We drive one hour to come to this place! and it's no cheap! pls at least have your waiters ans waitresses give good service!Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014First time at Lolinda and was impressed with the food and ambiance. I bit noisy, but in a good way as it is apparent this is a local hot-spot. Food was good. Fiance raved about the tenderness of the chicken skewer. The only negative I have was the Tres Leches. They did a different take on it and it was more like a dense flourless cake. Still tasty, just not that soft spongey cake you expect. Bonus points to them for reading my reservation request from Open Table that it was my Fiances birthday. They brougt her a complimentary lemon dessert with candle for her occasion. Excellent dessert!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014This is my favorite restaurant in San Francisco! Must haves: Pork belly, ceviche, lengua, croquettes, tartare de carne, and CHURROS!
- Yum!keatsDined on 7/20/2014Potato-leek soup with fried shallots, empanadas and yucca-ricotta croquettes were tops. Considering how spacious the restaurant is, our table for two was the smallest in the place, making it was hard to fit all of the small plates on it with meats served on mini cutting boards. The tables next to us were so close/right on top of us along banquette and it was an uncomfortable squeeze to sit down. Potatoes were so hot I burned my mouth and medium steak was more rare. Very low lighting made it difficult to read menu.
- Great Experiencefillmoreeater415Dined on 7/19/2014Nice server without any pretentious attitude. Ceviche was fanastic and the portions were unexpectedly generous.Special Features: