2518 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lolindasf.com/
- Phone: 4155506970
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Morgan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 21st Street
- Public Transit: 24th Street Bart station is your best options as it is three blocks from our location.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have valet connected with the restaurant that charges a flat rate of $10 per car. Closest parking garage is on 21st and Bartlett. Please allow a minimum of 20 minutes to find street parking.
A word from Lolinda
A new kind of Argentinian steakhouse that combines Latin American flavors with Californian sensibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Lolinda - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Lolinda reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (159)good for groups (122)hot spot (113)special occasion (109)vibrant bar scene (86)neighborhood gem (84)romantic (69)late-night find (43)notable wine list (41)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Try all the things!ConriaDined on 10/15/2014We went there on a weeknight for a special occasion. The outside of the restaurant is deceiving because it is WAY nicer on the side that you'd expect. The menu has a lot of variety and would definitely recommend getting many small plates so you can try everything! Dessert was perfect. It was a great experience overall and would most certainly go back.Special Features:
- WonderfulLadybluesDined on 10/13/2014The food, the service, the decor.. . . .what more can I say. Awesome! For desert, the vanilla milkshake laced with bourbon is a MUST. Hope to be back before I head home to Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Messed UpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Very disappointed with OpenTable. I thought my reservation was for the roof top restaurant at Lolinda, only to find out after we arrived that it was for the ground level restaurant. I was there for my birthday with friends from out of town to watch the sunset and over-look San Francisco. In my reservation I stated that it was my birthday and I wanted a table with a view. Not even a window where my reservation was placed. The staff in the ground level restaurant was the only reason we stayed. The items suggested off the menu were good.
- Excellent Noshy BitsFeedMeDined on 10/10/2014If you like noshing with friends (and who doesn't?), you'll really enjoy the selection of excellent tapas on offer here. Not a dud among them. Great place to share many plates with a group of friends. Only caveat: some of the "artisanal" cocktails were pretty, um, challenging to the palate. Not in a good way. We're a bunch of fairly seasoned drinkers and actually put aside a couple of the "cocktails nuevo" we tried. Classic cocktails were very well done though.Special Features:
- LolindaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014Great view from the top bar (El Techo), great ambiance. We went in a big group for a farewell dinner and I thought it was a great balance between the food, service and ambiance. There have really unusual food which i have never tried before such as cow tongue, sweet bread etc. Great experience would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great date night locationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Although I've had some drinks here before this was my first time actually dining in and eating their food. The food was absolutely amazing. My boyfriend and I split the mixed meat dish and had side of the grilled corn. We love spicy food and they gave us a generous amount of hot peppers in the mixed meat dish! Their cocktails were amazing as well. However, it took way too long for our cocktails to come out.. The ambiance is amazing, but a little bit too loud for my boyfriend and I to talk to across the table. We had to really raise our voices just to hear what we were saying. Other than that I would come back for the food and drinks! Had a lovely date night :]Special Features:
- Great dinner with friends!4TheresahDined on 10/3/2014Bone marrow, ribeye and Chilean sea bass were our favs!! Tho very loud place I am craving another visit for that bone marrow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014Great food. Good service. Very dark - tables on both sides were having trouble reading the menu and we had to pull out our iPhone for me to read it as well. Very noisy. Restaurant is trying way too hard to be "hip in the mission" when the food speaks for the itself. The pork chop is amazing. All the sides were outstanding. Brighten the place up just a bit, turn down the noise level and they've got a winner. Otherwise, just be a nightclub.
- Not my styleOntheroadDined on 10/3/2014In a less-refined part of town, Lolinda is unassuming from the outside. The inside is better; however it is very dark, and the seating is very close together and sort of uncomfortable. The menu is hard to decipher, and the waitress was friendly but not very attentive. The food was definitely unique, and the squash dish with goat cheese was a highlight, but I can't say it was something I'd go back for. I think it was personally just not my style.Special Features:
- yummy!!!foodieDined on 10/2/2014The food was full of flavor, just really delicious ! Service and atmosphere was great for date or groups. The neighborhood is up and coming so the outside area is sketchy but once you go through the doors to lolinda you will be happy you took the cab rideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 9/29/2014The dinner was great. The waiter needs to be more focused and attentive to customer needs. They need to polish on their serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1stTimer1stTimerDined on 9/27/2014Food was very good. Got in when it opened for dinner so no wait at all. Wine list incredible. Only downside it was promoted as portions of food being family style. However if you have 4 people some entrees is just enough to get a taste, cant get seconds.Special Features:
- Love2wineVIPDined on 9/26/2014Trendy, good food, a place to hang our with friends! It's just a bit loud, considering the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Amazing food and great service! But the place is very loud and darkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousVIPDined on 9/17/2014Perfect for sharing and trying new dishes. Meat was grilled perfectly. Alfajores were so fresh and the accompaniment of milkshake was brilliant.Special Features:
- Great SpotDollyDined on 9/13/2014Didn't know what to expect. I had a few people tell me it was a great place, so my husband and I made reservations for our anniversary. Ambiance was very nice, just a bit dark, I had a hard time reading the menu. Food was amazing! I had the flank steak and my hubby had the pork chops. My only complaint would be that the tables were a bit close together, seems like the servers rear end was on our table when serving next to us.
- caliexplorerscaliexplorersVIPDined on 9/11/2014Awesome! Try the Pork Chop, but everything on the menu was so good!!!!!Special Features:
- Lolinda reviewmichelleDined on 9/9/2014I came here in a group of 6 and had to wait 30 minutes after our reservation to be seated, but it wasn't too much of a annoyance. Once we sat down, our server immediately came and greeted us. Our orders were taken and the soon quickly arrived. Everything we ordered was delicious, especially the pork belly.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantMaggieDined on 9/9/2014It's a really nice restaurant, the decorations are great, and food is fine. It's not outstanding though. Tip: Order empanadas!!!Special Features:
- Great food but way to loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014This place is amazing when it comes to the quality and flavor of their food. Seriously... the Pork chop will make you cry. Unfortunately it was way too loud I couldn't hear someone sitting 2 seats away from me because it was so noisy so keep it in mind if you are trying to catch up with someone. I would return for the food.Special Features:
- vanessaDined on 9/7/2014One of the best dinners I've had in SF! Really good food, everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2014Food was absolutely tasty & delicious. Service was not so great. The hostess rushed us to close our tab while we were waiting at the bar to be seated-when not everyone had even ordered their drinks. It wasn't a horribly busy night. They could've just transferred out tab to the table like other places do. Then our waitress was rude & snobby. However, did not have any trouble with the bartenders, they were great. I would go back to sit at the bar, not eat in the dining area.Special Features:
- Don't schedule your night around itKRTUDined on 9/6/2014What good is a reservation if it's nearly an hour late? Anyone can take a reservation... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaMSpecial Features:
- Food was amazingFoodie83Dined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing from beginning to end. We just felt a little rushed towards the end. They brought us the check when we had not asked for it. Mind you we were gonna order some coffee to top off desert. Anyhow she never bother to see if we needed anything else. That was the only downfall. I would go back bc the food was amazing but our waitress was kinda crapy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningEngineerJohnDined on 9/5/2014I was 4000 miles away from home and my daughter took me to Lolindas. No reservation the first time and the lineup was too long. The next time we made a reservation for 6:30. No lining up for us. We went right in. The food was amazing. Very popular spot. Everyone recommended it to us and they were right on. I expect to be back next year with a large group attending a conference and I will recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehRobroxsfVIPDined on 9/5/2014I was really looking forward to this place. The food was pretty good, though the meat a bit overcooked. The service sucked out loud. Our server was clearly more interested in flirting with the bartender than paying attention to her tables. When our food finally hit the table, we were ready for more wine. I tried the entire meal to get anyone's attention. So we had our meal of Argentinian style steak without any wine. I had to flag a food runner down to bring us our check. I let him know how bad service had been and he didn't really seem to care. We never actually saw our server again, she didn't bring the check or handle the payment. I would not go here again. I expect at least some service when I am paying for a nice meal.
- Big SmileMoonriderVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wow, first time here. Great fun with fantastic and friendly service. Went to bar after dinner and didn't want to leave at last call around 11.Special Features:
- Lolinda ExperienceNicamanDined on 9/4/2014The food was great, right portions, the service great, the spirits list could have been more open, they had great licor, but small list, I know they want to be more sophisticated, but did not have known names. I mean for vodka, scotch, and rums. Other than that, great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantSFgreattimeDined on 9/2/2014The staff was courteous and friendly. The food was great. The atmosphere was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrilliantILOVEFOODDined on 9/1/2014Food was amazing. The empanades were small, but full of flavor. My friends and I had the lengue and both versions of the short ribs. The meat just fell off the bone into my mouth. Great flavor! The scenery was nice. I just wished they gave me more food because it was so delicious! Great place to have a date or a small gathering with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The mixed plate asada was good but the short ribs and steak were dry and over-cooked. The ceviche and vigoron are my favorite dishes. Dishes are small overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific Latin restaurantKevinDined on 8/31/2014Great food, the steaks are terrific and portions perfect (not too much, just right)! The Maze side dish perhaps best side dish I have ever had! The place is really cool, noisy and service very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Local Gem-Book in Advance!JohndeeDined on 8/31/2014We had a fantastic mid-evening feast at Lolinda on Sunday. Our waitress took time to explain the menu and translate dishes where necessary. Great sharing platters to start us off with a cocktail. The meat was melt in mouth succulent and gorgeous. Try some of the ales and finish with one of their yummy desserts. Great atmosphere and good photos but quite loud. Will definitely book again.Special Features:
- Love this placeSouthernFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Best food and the best staff ever. My husband and I come here at least once a month. The food is just mouth watering. The best steaks on the planet..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongmoschefDined on 8/25/2014Every time I come here I know what to expect. Nothing but great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meats & cocktailsZackDined on 8/25/2014The Asado Mixto is highly recommended (the short ribs are amazing) and you can’t go wrong with basically any cocktail on the menu, although be warned that they’re pretty strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodTasteDined on 8/24/20144th time there and might've been the best... will return again.. well done Team Lolinda..Special Features:
- An outstanding Epicurean ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Everything we ate was fantastic. Want to know how they make those grilled artichokes. All the skewer entries are so flavorful.Special Features:
- amorcomerDined on 8/23/2014Overall great experience food was excellent, ambiance was great, wine & drink list fantastic, the service was great for the exception of one of the servers, SANDRA, that was extremely rude and just too busy to snap a picture for us but somehow was able for other tables that she was taking care of. Understood that she might be busy but her overall attitude killed the experience. Luckily another server made it a point to graciously apologize for her, apparently she didn't have the etiquette to do so herself and he was probably embarrassed about the situation. Stay away from Sandra and your experience at Lolinda will be enjoyable.Special Features:
- JenRecommendsVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, both small plates & entrees! Very vibrant, trendy scene and great cocktails! A win-win all around!Special Features: