2518 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lolindasf.com/
- Phone: 4155506970
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 5:30pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 5:30pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Argentinean, Steakhouse, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alejandro Morgan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 21st Street
- Public Transit: 24th Street Bart station is your best options as it is three blocks from our location.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We have valet connected with the restaurant that charges a flat rate of $10 per car. Closest parking garage is on 21st and Bartlett. Please allow a minimum of 20 minutes to find street parking.
A word from Lolinda
A new kind of Argentinian steakhouse that combines Latin American flavors with Californian sensibilities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Lolinda - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Lolinda reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (151)good for groups (123)hot spot (120)special occasion (114)vibrant bar scene (94)neighborhood gem (76)romantic (75)late-night find (49)notable wine list (46)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Not really a steakhouse...mikeNjamesVIPDined on 8/17/2014Yes there are steaks on the menu; 6 steaks and a pork chop on the night we were there. And all the grilled meats we tasted were good. But the heart of the menu is the 20+ tapas selections, and especially the hot "pequeno" dishes. Each was great (we had many of them) with standouts being the croquetas, octopus, pork belly, corn empanadas, and quinoa salad. The grilled meats that followed seemed just to be gilding the lily. We will definitely return mid-week for tapas and a bottle of Argentinian wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Impossible to keep a conversation. The place was crowed, too many people and it was impossible to have a convesartion even with the person on the other side of the table. Too bad to meet and chat.
- Excellent Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent dinner. Food and service top notch. Loved the ceviche, seabass, blood sausage, pork belly and churros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014only complaint - we could barely read the menu - so dark! But, who cares!! The food was amazing! I'd definitely make my way to this place again. The meat was unlike anything I've tasted - so tender and delicious - I'm not a big meat person, but I'm a convert now! The food was amazing, and a good number of vegetarian options. So tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- :D Yum!sfo2bcnVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything we tried on the menu was fantastic... especially the pork chop... wow.. The service was excellent, the food was fantastic, drinks were excellent and the atmosphere was fun. If you like meat, go to Lolinda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!nummynumDined on 8/9/2014We had great food and great service, but the noise level was a bit much. We couldn't quite hear ourselves talking, but it was all worth it for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise level unbearable.KiwigiannaDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food, average service (the hostess wasn't friendly or accommodating at all, but the noise level prevented us from enjoying our meal. One would have to shout to be heard and it got louder and louder as the night progressed. There was no getting away from it. On top of the noise, loud music was turned on around 10P which made it more like a night club scene rather than un upscale restaurant. I would not go there again unless I had been advised that the noise pollution had been corrected.Special Features:
- Hostess very accommodatingNonongDined on 8/6/2014Reservations for 4 but talked to Keenan the day before to change it for 6 people. We had cocktails at El Techo, seated promptly upon arrival but at the mezzanine which was not to my liking. I explained to the hostess that it was our daughter's wedding weekend and her husband's parents from Canada were w/ us. I wanted them to feel the vibrant ambience of your restaurant. I saw the hostess go down to make arrangements and saw her arranging the tables to sit us together. The parents whoever, feeling my disappointment insisted that they were very comfortable in the spot they were seated down already without realizing that the hostess already acquiesced to my request. I recommend her for her professionalism. We had a good dinner. Thank you.Special Features:
- Hidden Mission GemSF2ParisGourmetDined on 8/4/2014I took my boss to Lolinda's. He grew up in and works in Paris, his nationality is Italian & Spanish, he loves Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine - so the challenge was to find a place that wasn't French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine. Enter Lolinda! The food was incredible, the staff were very friendly and accommodating (we asked if we could move to a somewhat "quieter" place to sit and it was no problem) and our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. I would have given Lolinda 5 stars if the noise level wasn't so high. So, the food - OMG - off the charts good. I had the Lengua (beef tongue) braised in a Malbec sauce, which was perfection. My boss-the flank steak, cooked & seasoned perfectly!Special Features:
- Lucky finding this special placefoodluvrVIPDined on 8/2/2014Super, high-energy restaurant with equally standout food/drink. We had the perfect table on the second level overlooking all that was going on. Cocktail was spectacular - if you like gin would recommend the 50/50 martini. The pork chop & the shrimp skewers were our food highlights of the evening. And, the service was spot on - engaging & attentive. Will hopefully have the opportunity to visit again in the future!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great time at dinner, there was a hiccup with our order and it took much longer than expected with a few items missing. The waitress was told about the issue and attended to it. Other than that, we would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even for vegetariansveronikaDined on 8/1/2014I'm a vegetarian, but my family loves meat. Even though it's a steakhouse they have a lot of really great vegetarian options. The food is really delicious here. The portions are not too big, but we all like sharing food and tasting everything. Make sure you make a reservation early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great bbq meatsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014Great meats and ambience for date night or group gatherings. Dining room is a little dim and noisy for younger families. However, it is more than made up by the great food and timely service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy.gk1414Dined on 7/26/2014Our server was not really in the mood to be nice or serve, we ordered steak and sausages steak was raw( we ordered well done) no big deal, she took it back and made it well done, being from Argentina, we wanted chimichurri since it didn't come with it, we asked our server...it took forever and still no chimichurri, when my husband asked her again, she was so rude!! We drive one hour to come to this place! and it's no cheap! pls at least have your waiters ans waitresses give good service!Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014First time at Lolinda and was impressed with the food and ambiance. I bit noisy, but in a good way as it is apparent this is a local hot-spot. Food was good. Fiance raved about the tenderness of the chicken skewer. The only negative I have was the Tres Leches. They did a different take on it and it was more like a dense flourless cake. Still tasty, just not that soft spongey cake you expect. Bonus points to them for reading my reservation request from Open Table that it was my Fiances birthday. They brougt her a complimentary lemon dessert with candle for her occasion. Excellent dessert!Special Features:
- Great Experiencefillmoreeater415Dined on 7/19/2014Nice server without any pretentious attitude. Ceviche was fanastic and the portions were unexpectedly generous.Special Features:
- Best food in the citycnegreteDined on 7/19/2014I love the ceviche - it's a must. The steak is amazing as well. People are nice, cocktails are great - perfect date spot.Special Features:
- Fantastic tapas-style cuisine!1FabFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Everything is great at this place. Loved the empanadas and croquetas! The seabass skewer was also a bit hit. The bourbon shake and churros for dessert were absolutely divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing AnniversaryNewstoreyDined on 7/11/2014My girlfriend and I took our good friends here for their first anniversary. The ambience, food and wine list are fine (although less than original), but the service from our server was shameful. She was snooty, inattentive, and unapologetic with her errors. Although something we've never done, we asked to speak to the manager about it and he only offered a perfunctory "sorry" and made no effort to ensure us that our next dining experience would be better. That said, we definitely will not recommend Lolinda's to any of our contacts.
- Loved it!Sunai27Dined on 7/11/2014Our party of 4 started at the techo upstairs on a Friday evening. Amazing weather and great drinks. They could use more waitresses up at the roof. Downstairs our reservation was at 8pm, we were seated promptly and had excellent service and food. Great place for happy hour upstairs and great food and ambience downstairs. 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum ArgentinaluveDined on 7/11/2014Enough Said. The food was great. Very authentic. Good Malbecs on the wine list. I would prefer some more options of Malbec's on the list. But over all very good. Meat was very well done.Special Features:
- Worse Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2014The server from start to finish was one of the worse ever. She forgot each order, cocktail , water preference and wine preference. A total amateur. Any good manager would have noticed her lackluster service. When called on it she turned the other way and walked away. One time even rolling her eyes. Keep servers like this and your doors will close very soon. Food was decent but she ruined the night. Either re train her or terminate her because she is a detriment to your business.
- Not impressed.NormaniDined on 7/11/2014We approached Lolinda with great anticipation, as we are aficionados of Argentine food (Since the early 1990s: 2 trips to Argentina, including Buenos Aires, Bariloche, Cordoba, etc., etc.), and a number of field trips to Gardel's in LA (on Melrose)). Our party of 4 had 2 different beef dishes and a sea-bass skewer and empanadas (veggie). All were were tasty. The fish ceviche was the only stand-out. The cooked kale was tough, with large stems. The wine is list overpriced, given that there are many, many, many excellent Argentine, Spanish and California wines that could have been featured at under $40. Give the customer a couple of more less expensive options. Our experience was dampened by abrupt and arrogant attitude of the waiter.
- always goodDGDGDined on 7/10/2014Lolinda rocks....food always amazing, interesting, great flavors, lots of options, beverages are all on point, service generally good to great. was with a party of 4 recently and had a great meal, each dish as good as the next....the high point on this occasion was Mia our server...she was in control enough to get the job done but not hovering, engaged humorously when appropriate and sincerely, never missed a beat...great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Food was great and the service was remarkable! A little loud if you want a quite romantic night and the portion is small, but well worth it.Special Features:
- All goodReliableVIPDined on 7/10/2014The food, service, and ambiance were all enjoyable. One thing I must also compliment the restaurant on is that though two of our party were 30 minutes late on a busy night, they held our table without any hassle.Special Features:
- A must visit in SFMelissaloo27VIPDined on 7/7/2014What a pleasant surprise for a Monday night! Hidden gem indeed, the menu is full of fantastic options and the ambiance feels rich and romantic. We started with the beef tartar and the ceviche mixto. The tartar with horseradish aioli atop crostini was awesome, just a shame there's only 3 to an order! The ceviche was A+! I could eat 5 orders of this. The dish was bold with citrus, yet spicy and savory all at the same time. For dinner we ordered the skirt steak. The chimichurri was excellent and carried the meat. For veg we opted for the charred artichoke. It was delicious, so much so that I didn't even need the lemon aioli which accompanied. I recommend this place to anyone wanting a departure from your everyday haunts. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouthwatering meat, great serviceLaCelesteDined on 7/6/2014We arrived early, yet were greeted and seated promptly. We had the asado mixto and every bite was delicious- the steak, the chorizo, the potatoes, peppers, the bread- and the chimichurri was perfect. I poured it on everything. We drank a delicious red wine, Malbec, that went perfectly with the meal. Our server was excellent, friendly, and not overbearing. I will be remembering this meal for a long time, highly recommend this restaurant, and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Succulent!NebulonianDined on 6/30/2014Everything was to die for, especially the ceviche and the octopus small plates. The cocktails are yummy as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place!sueherbDined on 6/28/2014You'll love the small platos and the large! Mix and match.. share with a friend. The beef is grilled on a wood fire to perfection. The sides and tapas we chose--artichokes, potatoes, leek soup--divine! Do go.. gritty neighborhood, but not unsafe.Special Features:
- Cool PlaceSSfoodDined on 6/28/2014This was a really nice, fun restaurant in the mission. Although the food was really hyped up for me, I was not fully as impressed as I thought I would be. However, the ambiance was so great that it was a really enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- A bit loud. Food to share but smallyouthinkimlyingDined on 6/27/2014The place was surprisingly loud, but that's fine. However, the portions were pretty small, yet, delicious. We ordered the mixed platter for 2 and it's something I usually eat by myself and more, it's very small, and they didn't include enough meat. Overall the place is a good place to go as a group and have fun and eat delicious food.Special Features:
- Great, as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Extra points for the waitress who recognized us, and greeted with a warm welcome. Great food, great service as always. Keep up with great work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A trip worth making!GeeLizzieDined on 6/26/2014Lolinda is surrounded by markets and a working-class neighborhood. But behind it's metal facade, is a jewel! The food was amazing! The service was great, and, for San Francisco, the prices were alright. My friend and I shared dishes family-style. We had the beef tartare, the croquettes, quinoa salad, skirt steak, papas and the Churros. If you eat nothing else, at least have the Churros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceFoodisgoodDined on 6/26/2014We sat at the bar and received exceptional service. The food was innovative and exquisitely prepared -- the tongue was just heavenly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/24/2014The food at Lolinda is great. Our waitress was also very good. Good wine list! It's a big room with really high ceilings so it gets loud. One member of our party had a lot of trouble hearing the conversation. Just something to consider when going. The hostess.... needed an attitude adjustment. She was quite rude and simultaneously fake.Special Features:
- Great foodloutronDined on 6/21/2014We decided to venture out and try something a bit more adventurous than the standard steakhouse. This place provided a great dining experience. The steaks were delicious as well aa the tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still fantasticYumYumDined on 6/21/2014We've probably been to this restaurant 5 or 6 times now. Since our first dinner only a few weeks after its opening to our most recent feast, we've never been disappointed. The food is absolutely fantastic - special favorites the ceviche, empanadas, bone marrow, ribeye, and new favorite dessert, the flourless chocolate cake. Service has always been helpful and with a smile. We love the fact that the dishes are designed to be share family style. Definitely best for groups though plenty of couples this last time we were there. Hope to be back soon!
- So-soAlesiDined on 6/21/2014I would say the food was 3,5 stars. Chumichurri was excellent, the rest was very average. Empanadas are better at the Ferry building, steak was burnt (little bit of charcoal on the steak would be great, but it was way to much). Service was also very so-so. Seemed that the waitress was very distracted and we constantly had to wait for her. Overall, there are much better places in SF for the same amount of $$$.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014the ribeye is the very best, we also loved the empanadas and the ceviche. I ordered an old fashioned, and it tasted like straight up bourbon - they seemed to have forgotten the bitters/simple syrup, etc. fun with friends, but on the loud side, so, dont expect an intimate conversation.