Lola's Mexican Kitchen - Stamford
135 Bedford Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Lola's Mexican Kitchen - Stamford
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lolasmexicankitchen.com/
- Phone: (203) 674-5652
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Norberto Ramirez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Any and all catering options are available. Will work with each clients needs.
- Special Events: Taco Tuesday's: Enjoy all of Lola's great tacos for only $2 form 5pm-10pm every tuesday.
Half Priced Sangria Pitchers Every Wednesday form 5pm-10pm.
A word from Lola's Mexican Kitchen - Stamford
Lola's Mexican Kitchen - A Re-Freshing Concept.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lola's Mexican Kitchen - Stamford reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)good for groups (3)fit for foodies (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Great BrisketSuzCTVIPDined on 11/13/2014We eat here frequently and enjoy the food and atmosphere. On our last visit, it was a little quieter than usual - OK by us! I got three of the tacos - brisket with plantains was fantastic. Love it when the chips are served warm. Great salsa.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service overkillJanskiVIPDined on 11/4/2014My first time ... The wait staff was hovering over us the entire meal mist annoying . We ordered two appetizers no one motioned they were similar .. Food was fair Never going back
- Enjoy this placeSuzCTVIPDined on 10/17/2014We eat at Lola's fairly frequently and generally have a consistently good experience. I have not been crazy about the new menu, but finally found something that I like so this restaurant is back on our regular rotation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs major improvement to surviveKellyDined on 10/6/2014The food comes out looking good but it is almost inedible. From the guacamole to margaritas and tacos not one item was decent. I would not spend my money here. Service slow and inexperienced. I felt sorry for the waitress. Terrible experience and not sure how they got it so wrong.
- LuckyLucky14Dined on 10/2/2014Stopped in for lunch some of the best Mexican food we've had Service was friendly and fast would go back thereSpecial Features:
- The following 145 reviews are from the Lola's Mexican Kitchen - Stamford reviews archive.
- good food, questionable serviceFoodieGirlDined on 6/27/2014Actually made reservations for this place. We were seated right away, but after that the service stopped. We waited 15 minutes just for someone to stop at our table to order drinks and then after that 3 other waiters stopped by asking the same thing. Then when it came to order food the bus boy took our order . Overall the food was decent, but the service (or lack there of) really knocked this place down a peg. Don't know if we will go back here when there are better options in Stamford.
- Food Was good, but service...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014We went there on Father's Day to celebrate the day. The restaurant had a small amount of diners, but it felt that the staff was unable to handle the crowd. It appeared that there was no manager to oversee the crew. My family (including 2 kids) were sat down promptly. We ordered drinks and then it felt like 15-20 minutes before someone our food order went in. Initially the bartender sat us down to take our drink order. Then we waited until another waitress asked if we ordered anything. Based on that, there is no manager on hand to oversee the tables. Other than the poor service, the food was pretty good. We had the guacamole, wings, empanadas, and skirt steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Was one of the worst places I have eaten in a long time. Service was terrible , food was cold and took about 45-50 min come come out. The complimentary chips and salsa were brought to our table 40 min. After we were seated. They tried giving us the small glasses for our drinks ( which there is no refills) and other tables received the larger glasses we caught onto that after two tables in front of us received large glasses so we brought it to their attention and they said OOOOPS it was a mistake.Special Features:
- Nothing to rave aboutwhat2thinkDined on 5/8/2014Went on weeknight with my boyfriend and had to wait to be seated, not because the restaurant was busy but because no one noticed us standing there. Sat down and ordered margaritas (worst margarita I have ever had). Waited around 45-50 mins for appetizer and another 50 for food. Food was average. We sat in their dining area but I still had trouble hearing my boyfriend speak because the group at the bar was screaming at the nfl draft.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2014Did not have to wait long. It was Monday, Cinco de Mayo, & there were no specials but we were told that the Monday drink special (1/2 price 16 oz Grande Margaritas) would still be honored. We received our drinks in the traditional glasses it was obvious that it was not a 16 oz glass. When we questioned the size, we were told that was the glass used and yet the table next to us had 16 oz glasses (the type used for soda or beer). They were not willing to give us another drink to make up for the difference. When the check came we were charged the full price for a 16 oz Grande Margarita. This was called to the waiter's attention and he said that there were no specials on the holiday. CONTINUED SEE BELOWSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014love their sangria and guac! Great to go out with a group of friends. Their margs are very delicious as well.Special Features:
- Good food and great timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2014Came in the other day with a large group. We sat at the bar and did their happy hour and orders a few appetizers. We were presently surprised about everything. Will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Great time with good frinedsFoodie101VIPDined on 4/17/2014We came in for a friends birthday and loved every minute of it. From start to finish the staff was attentive and drinks came out on time. The food was great and the chef brought out some of the new items they will be featuring on their upcoming menu. We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Family DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2014Went to Lola's for the first time with my wife and kids. Great place for dinner with the family. Casual atmosphere, fair prices, and great kids menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2014Celebrated my birthday at Lolas. Lots of fun. My guests loved everything. Especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MargaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/10/2014Came for happy hour with some co-workers. Great margaritas and bar snacks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1/2 Price Pitchers of SangriaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/9/2014Went there for the Sangria Special on Wednesday. Place was packed! Sangria was delicious! Service was Super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reaction mixedStamfordRedDined on 4/2/2014The food was great, but the drinks &service, not so much! We went on their big Happy Hour night. Online we'd seen $5 Sangria pitchers & cocktails at $5, however, when at the table, we were told that people in the dining room were not allowed to order the specialty drinks (actually, what the server said was the only dining room drinks were the sangria pitchers). My friend took a chance & asked for a frozen margarita. He said fine - bit of a mixed message. The 1st margarita was so thick it had to go back & be thinned out. The 2nd tasted completely different, even in color. Food was great, but the dessert menu featured items that are not available - told after we ordered. Drinks were $12 each - ridiculous. Not going back.Special Features:
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014The food was only OK, especially for the price. The brisket taco was good though and worth going back for. The drink menu was not very extensive and the service was pretty good, but nothing special.
- Great ExperienceLisyDined on 2/22/2014Came here with a group of 7. We had a reservation and the table was ready when we arrived. We had great service, very prompt and checked in on us. Drinks were good and they had a good variety. Would definitely come back!! Mmm... Chicken flautas!Special Features:
- Service needs a littel workOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/18/2014I love Lola's, but it seems like the servers disappear and never return. Waited 20 minutes to get our check.
- Not badRuthieDined on 2/14/2014Not the best food I've had, but also not the worst. Great location and ambiance. Service was poor, had to ask for things multiple times.Special Features:
- Great food, service needs a littleTicketDined on 1/26/2014Five people all raved about the food. Service was a little slow at first, staff not overly friendly. Good service overall, just need to add a little warmth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MexicanLexionnVIPDined on 1/10/2014Two couples out without kids. Just right. Very good Mexican food, good service and reasonably priced. I will go there again.Special Features:
- awesome mexican food!!!pookieDined on 12/31/2013First time goers. Was New Years Eve,,and the special menu was very thought out, even though ate off traditional daily menu. Great variety of house specials coupled with an array of traditional Mexican plates also. Highly recommend If your looking for that special Mexican meal. Only thing I would have liked which is a favorite of mine would have liked the table side freshly made guacamole to order. That would have been the "piece de resistance". And i'm also happy, as sometimes can be a bit intrusive, that there was no mariacha band hopping from table to table, overall, a great Mexican hotspot! Would go again! Thanks for a great night/meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding CevicheCtdinerVIPDined on 12/7/2013I wish I had more positive things to say about the restaurant. The food was ok. It wasn't bad but it wasn't special either aside from the ceviche. The tacos are small and everything is ala carte. The refried beans were as delicious and notable as any can I have opened. I am not suggesting they are canned but they too were lacking anything interesting/authentic. The 3 guacamole sampler was a bit bland. It was improved with some salt, especially the black bean guacamole. Their carne asada was good but the chimmichurri for my taste needed more garlic. The food service was good but it did take a while to place and receive drink orders. There are better meals out there. Price to value was a bit off here.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/27/2013Lola's is located in a convienent part of Stamford. We decided on this resturant due to location and casual ambiance. We arrived when it was still quiet yet service was slow and unattentive. Food was just so so. Overall, we were disappointed in our experience and will not return. Chipolte has better food.Special Features:
- Averege FoodMiamicane25VIPDined on 11/6/2013This was our first trip to Lola's and will probably be our last. Not because it was horrible - just because it was nothing special. It was really just bland overpriced Mexican food. We did enjoy the pitcher of Sangria although halfway through drinking it one of the waiters walked by and took it off our table. Another waiter had to chase him to the kitchen to get our $32 drink back. We order an assortment of tacos and an enchilada. The tacos were very small. The fish was good. The carnitas and brisket was ok - both tasted the same and the meat appeared to be doused in BBQ sauce. The enchilada with carnitas was bland...very bland, plus it was missing cheese. Overall I'm hoping to find some decent Mexican food elsewhere in Stamford.
- Good food, nice placejustmeVIPDined on 10/2/2013This mexican food was very good -- I usually like Mexican food quite spicy, which this was not, but it had wonderful flavors. The salsa was exceptional. Very friendly staff. We enjoyed sitting at the open window watching Stamford go by. A very pleasant, casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish, fresh Mexican food.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/1/2013Delish, fresh Mexican food. I had Cerviche which was tender and wonderful. Flautas and Fajitas were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Food!tcordsDined on 9/28/2013Dinner for two on a Sat evening... The place was not too crowded (should have been my first clue), unlike nearby establishments. You would think that the regular menu entree would not be served up stone cold, but yet it was. Lousy Chimi at that... Somewhat offsetting this, my guest's entree from the special menu was very good and the wait staff was friendly and most helpful. I wanted to like this place, but I dont think I can recommned it.
- Needs more staff during luch hourPat8Dined on 9/18/2013I went in with a group of 8. A Co-worker was leaving the company and we decided to go out for lunch as a group. The restaurant was quaint and there was only one other couple sitting at a corner table. When we entered there was no staff in site. We waited to be seated by the only waiter working at the time. He took our order and we waited for about 15 to 20 minutes to be served. I had the Mexi Cobb salad and the serrano-dijon vinaigrettedressing was way to spicy for my taste (Its a good thing I ordered it on the side). Its a good lunch option if you are looking for light Mexican food. My co-workers loved the tacos and the sangria was not bad either.Special Features:
- Best Mexican In TownTomCDined on 9/13/2013If you like Mexican food you will LOVE Lola's. The food is great, the ambience is wonderful, and the service is superb. I have been there for dinner on the early side with my kids, later in the evening with my wife for a romantic dinner and also with a group of 12 for a birthday celebration and each experience was fantastic. I highly recommend Lola'sSpecial Features:
- Food was good..Service not so much!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2013My good friend was treating me to a nice birthday dinner at the restaurant. The waiter came over and took our drink orders and then never came back. We had to call him over to order the appetizer and then again with the main course. The food was good but no one ever came to check to see how everything was. We had to call the waiter again to order dessert. We specifically asked him for hot lava cakes. When the desserts came out, it was cold to the touch. We complained and only 1 came back hot. Overall, it left me dissatisfied. I doubt if I will return.Special Features:
- Satisfied customerRebeccaDined on 9/11/2013Delicious food, great sangria and an awesome spot for 20-somethings. Loved the half price pitcher of Sangria Wednesdays!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!KristineVIPDined on 9/9/2013Love the tacos!!! Pulled pork and brisket are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2013Several of the reviews I've seen here so far focused on poor service, which is not a problem I encountered. Our server showed up promptly to take our orders and stopped by during the meal to ask if we needed anything, so I was happy on that front. The food was very good as well - my steak was properly cooked to order, and the refried beans were excellent. The only real downside I found was the noise level was very high: the music was loud, and the echoy acoustics of the interior only made it worse. The lights were rather low as well, down past merely "atmospheric" to "difficult to see". On the whole I didn't mind these aspects too much, but it's probably better for a celebration like a birthday party than for a quiet date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatheticNYBritVIPDined on 8/23/2013At this moment, with far better choices in Stamford and surrounding towns, there is just no excuse for a restaurant to be this bad. The service was beyond unprofessional and slow. Like a previous reviewer wrote - we sat down and not a bus boy or waiter approached the table for 20 minutes. When the lame waiter finally did show up - no hello, what would you like to drink? Just - do you know what you want? He didn't even look at us. We ordered drinks - which were probably the worst margaritas we have ever had. The food was basic, dry, over cooked, and just plain bad. It is clear the management of this "restaurant" relies only on its location to draw a crowd. I can't imagine anyone ever returning, so that can last only so long. Avoid!
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/201320 minute drinks. Had to ask twice for chips and salsa it came when my drink finally arrived and 2 minutes before the appetizers. Whats the point? Chips tasted a little stale. Both tables next to me complained anout their wait. I had a 845 rez and didnt eat anything until 9:15. Tacos were alittle dry and guac was underseasoned on all 3 trio dips. It didnt seem as tho restaurant was prepared for a busy night. Hostess didnt give a warm welcome and criticized the way i made my reservation! Wtf! I should have turned arnd then. Ive been here before and it was a great time, but you were way off the mark that night.
- ServiceDawnDined on 8/13/2013Although our waiter apologized about the wait for our food and drinks, the restaurant was understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.