1330 Washington Ave
500 N 14th Street
Saint Louis, MO 63103Neighborhood:
Downtown St. Louis
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://welovelola.com/
- Phone: 3146217277x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Executive Chef: Renell Harris
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please submit your request to email@example.com and our Coordinator will be sure to contact you!
- Private Party Facilities: Let us help you create the Perfect Party at Lola on Washington!
Dinner Parties (3 Course, 4 Course, w/without Pairings)
*Bachelorette Parties *Birthday Parties *Retirement Parties *Wedding Receptions *Engagement Parties *Class Reunions
*Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Becky Blue 8779182040
- Entertainment: Live Music- Sunday Brunch 11-2 / Dinner Session ($5 Cover begins at 7pm)
Vibrant Nightlife 9pm -Friday / Saturday
Hottest Deejays in STL- Friday Happy Hour 4pm-8pm
- Special Events: Visit us at www.welovelola.com for upcoming shows and music events!
There is sure to be something for everyone!
A word from Lola
Hand-crafted cocktails, succulent nosh, jazz, and funk-driven late night grooves are only a compliment to the true nature of what makes our city so wonderful. Lola celebrates community in her efforts to provide a location to gather, to socialize, and to relax.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lola reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance1.8Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Might have been good...tviceDined on 6/21/2014Might have been good, had they actually been open. I made a reservation for 9pm, and their listed hours said they were open until 11pm. They were closed when we got there. And, when we backed by again later in the night, their open sign was on and people were inside but the door was locked. Not worth your time.
- Restaurant closedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/17/2014Place was closed, It would appear that it is out of business
- Great foodOutnaboutDined on 6/4/2014The food was very good, and the servers were pleasant, however there seemed to be a management issue. Things were confused. Twice our server had to come back to tell us what we ordered was not available. Our food didn't all arrive together. Salad was served with no dressing. Soda was flat. Each issue was addressed pleasantly and apologetically by our server, and when we finally got to eat it was yummy! If I was in the area, I would try it again. You just have to be patient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 362 reviews are from the Lola reviews archive.
- Mothers Day MassacreFoodandFashionDined on 5/11/2014I usually give restaurants some slack on mothers day, but this place was pathetic. They weren't even crowded but they forgot to take our orders, we sat and waited for someone to take out orders for 20 mins, when we did order they had run out of the one thing I wanted. Eventually the food arrived... one plate at a time, so essentially we didn't dine together. The food (french toast) was below average and the drinks were warm, though they did get me a cold one eventually. They leave the prices off the menu for overly expensive items (3 pieces of thin bacon for about $4.25). When it came timeto depart the busboy waited at the table for us to finish, essentially telling us it was time for us to go. At least the rest of the staff was friendly.
- nikkijb3Dined on 5/11/2014I took my Mom here for brunch on Mother's Day. It's not our first time. We love the food & the feel of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fight NightBirdmanDined on 5/3/2014The experience was good for the most part. The wait staff was attentive and pleasant. The food and drinks were a bit overpriced for what you received (very little alcohol in the mixed drinks and chicken and waffle portions small). However, the food was tasty. I would go back again for the atmosphere, knowing that my plans would be to eat somewhere else first and just have one drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Job.FoodLuver21Dined on 4/26/2014Although I was disappointed when I found out they took out the Absinthe bar, and had one snafoo, for which I was offered a solution, I enjoyed my experience overall at Lola. Thanks to all who work at Lola's for keeping me coming back. I will continue to recommend and be a patron at Lola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at LolasBeCreativeDined on 4/12/2014Chicken and waffles, not what they used to be. Didn't know the band only plays during Sunday brunch :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but slow serviceSarahbeeDined on 4/5/2014Went for a bachelorette party on a Saturday night. We were seated close to the door and it was pretty empty and open in the front part of the restaurant. Would have been nice to be around others and not felt so exposed to everything. Food was good, some was over cooked others was under cooked. Waiter told prices of drinks were cheaper then what they ended up being which was very disappointing. Slow service considering there were only 8 of us and the rest of the restaurant didn't look busy. Plenty of space for our group which was nice though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creole/Southern Food Great MusicBrentRDined on 3/27/2014The food was excellent and there was a really good band playing that covered a nice range of music. There was no cover charge since it was a Thursday night. I can see this place being very crowded on the weekends. So, I would recommend a Thursday night for a more comfortable evening if you want to avoid crowded venues like I do!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp Po Boy's just for LunchgigishawVIPDined on 3/25/2014The Shrimp Po Boy is the best anywhere around, but you can only get it for lunch. It's also the best thing on the menu with their chicken & waffles being 2nd on the list.Special Features:
- Good food, loud at nightKito3987VIPDined on 3/19/2014The food is always solid. Lots of soul food and cajun dishes that are well-prepared and reasonably priced. It's a hopping club at night, so it gets loud. I prefer to go for lunch.Special Features:
- First Time Diner at LolaAmberJ27Dined on 3/7/2014It was my first time dining at Lola and i really enjoyed it. A friend and i went in during lunch hours and it wasn't that many patrons there which was ok with me. The Server Terrence was great at helping us decide what we should try. I had the chicken and waffles and Creole Chicken wings. Everything was delicious. I really enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayKenyatteDined on 2/19/2014I The experience was great. MOST PEOPLE ENJOYED MOST OF THEIR CHOICES, HOWEVER THE MACARONI WAS NOT A HIT!. OUR WAITER WAS EXCELLENT SO WAS TBE REP THAT CONFIMED MY EMAIL. HOWEVER THE OLD BLACK GUY (MAYBE THE MANAGER) I WAS NOT A FAN OF HE WAS PRETTY RUDE TO SOME OF MY GUEST. OVERALL A GREAT EXPERIENCE. I WOULD SUGGEST SOME MOOD MUSIC, THEIR WAS NOTHING PLAYINGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014I made reservations for 6:15 pm and we arrived on time at 6:15. The hostess had no table for us and then tried to seat us in wats basically a hallway between front and back sections right by the doors to the kitchen. We said no and she said it was our only option. I said we had another option and we left. The hostess was very unapoligetic and gave us the impression she just didn't care whether we were there or not. We have eaten there before and it not like they have best food in STL, so where does the attitude come from? Good luck staying open if that's how you treat customers!!!!
- Bad day, I hopeFoodieVIPDined on 2/15/2014My reservation for four wasn't needed because there was not a wait. Opentable has the wrong address posted for this location. Our food came out a separate times approximately 15 minutes or longer and it was cold!! The Delilah crepe was recommended as a fave, but only get it if you like artificial seafood!! Just a bad, bad experience
- Decent Dining ExperienceCasualJoeDined on 2/14/2014I chose to take my wife here for their Valentine's day special that offered your choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert for a fairly reasonable price. The gumbo appetizer was delicious and rich with flavor. The creamy chicken and strip steak as entrees were also pretty good. I was satisfied on that front. The quality of the service however, was lacking. I had to flag a waiter down to get our orders after being passed over a few times and the wrong drinks were brought to our table twice. I asked for music for our part of restaurant after it was turned off. That never happened without any explanation. Overall I enjoyed my time because of the romantic atmosphere coupled with the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice venue..with faults...CJ71Dined on 2/14/2014I've been to Lola before. The food is good. The service is friendly but not efficient. There was supposed to be live music. That was over at 8:30. They also ran out of 2 items that were on the prefixed menu....I would return but not for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overwhelmed on Valentine's DaygeorgeVIPDined on 2/14/2014Booked a table at the last minute for 7:30. When we arrived, the waiter seemed to be extremely stressed., and mentioned something about challenges in the kitchen. The menu had only three items (duck, chicken, steak) and he told us immediately that they had already run out of the steak (at 7:30!). He said it was more popular than they expected. Our main courses were delayed by some computer glitch, for which the asst manager bought us a round of drinks. The whole thing was weird as they didn't seem to have filled all their tables. Hope they are better prepared in the future! I like the location and the ambiance of the place.
- Unique and fun!Romantic2Dined on 2/14/2014What a delicious gem. A touch of New Orleans in St. Louis. Great music, great food and amazing chocolate waffles for dessert!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing mix-upshrew1Dined on 2/8/2014Our first time slot was not available, but it gave us another option for 30 minutes sooner. Upon arriving, it appeared that the restaurant was having a special event, which we had to walk into the middle of. The hostess found someone, and they took us to a back room and quickly put some tables together. Apparently another party suffered the same consequence. Our waitress said that we had booked before Open Table had blocked the date for their special show, but that they could accommodate us. After waiting several minutes for water, we waited another 10 or fifteen before someone came to take drink orders. After waiting 15 minutes more for these, we left. Friendly staff but it's a shame they had this problem with Open Table. Never ate!
- Exceeded ExpectationsCDfromCTDined on 2/8/2014So often celebrity chefs phone it in with their restaurants, assuming they will get the business regardless of the quality because of their name. That is most definitely NOT the case with Lola, Michael Symon's Cleveland mainstay. I visited on a business trip, solo, and dined at the bar. The bartender David provided excellent service and just enough conversation (a tricky balance to get right!). He also was attentive and considerate to my food allergies, ensuring that I would not have any issues. The scallops were divine, and only surpassed slightly by the tuna crudo. The wine list is exceptional and when asked for a recommendation based on my flavor profile of choice, David did not disappoint. Overall a lovely experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booked through OpenTable but closedeljefeDined on 2/4/2014Booked a reservation through OpenTable, but the restaurant was closed. Not sure if that was due to normal operating hours not properly reflected through OpenTable or weather related problems, it was snowing that night. OpenTable immediately responded to my complaint in a satisfactory way. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try Lola on my next visit to St. Louis, sounds like a fun place and I've heard they have great food! Will try again.
- Check out Lola!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014This was an amazing experience from start to finish. Staff was excellent and owner is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- <3 Lola!BluAliCatDined on 1/26/2014I go to Lola all the time so it was no shock that I wanted to spend my birthday there on Sunday. The staff was amazing (I've grown to love most of them) and they were awesome to my large party! As always, I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lola is a great night spot.nikkijb3Dined on 1/11/2014Lola is a great night spot. The DJ's always play the best music and the crowd is always energetic. It also has some of the best dishes in town. The tenderloin was awesome!!Special Features:
- I definitely wanted to come back!kbrownDined on 12/22/2013Me and my boyfriend went while in town for the holidays because I noticed customers on OpenTable enjoyed it. We really had a very good time. As soon as the night was over I thought about when I could come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaymskiaDined on 12/7/2013The staff were friendly and did a wonderful job accommodating our large birthday dinner party. Our server Paco was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culinary WondermentdenisejonesorangeDined on 11/30/2013I have been to Lola twice for brunch now. I really enjoyed the food. This time I went I was able to catch some live jazz music. This was a wonderful accompiant to the scrumptious food and awesome atmosphere. I will definitely return and maybe for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love to visit New OrleansjohnDined on 11/8/2013We love to visit New Orleans and while this was not quite the same experience, the food was great and reminded me of other great meals in New OrleansSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being in New OrleanslschVIPDined on 10/24/2013Excellent Jambalaya and Shrimp Po Boy. Nothing blackened, not too heavy. Friendly wait staff. Good prices. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Lola. It is my venueLolanistaDined on 10/20/2013I love Lola. It is my venue for any events and get togethers. I love the service and the people that work there. It is a premier spot I will share with everyone.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Time!!VisitorDined on 10/20/2013This was my second time going to the resturant and I was amazed again! The chicken and waffles are the best I have ever had! I have been to the east coast, south, and west coast and I have not found any chicken and waffles better. In good old St. Louis!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ServiceGirlsNightOutDined on 10/15/2013We had a good server, but the food was not as listed on their menu. They were out of several items, and the red beans and rice that was supposed to come with corn bread was served instead with cold, rock hard garlic bread. It was quiet (a Tuesday night) so at least we were able to talk and enjoy ourselves.Special Features:
- Disappointing to say the leastSTLdinerDined on 10/14/2013Never got our entrees after 45 minutes. Had an event to get to so had to leave. Place was practically empty so not sure what was going on. Not happy. Will not go back or recommend this restaurant
- Wow... Never again.FoodCritiqueDined on 9/21/2013We were at Lolas for almost 2 hours and were one of three customers. All we did was wait.. The desert experience alone was disappointing.. We asked for a nutella crepe for 'desert', we were brought a dessert menu. I explained to the server in training we wanted a nutella crepe, 15 minutes later we received an, I assume, fruit crepe. It looked like old onions and had no flavor. Another 15 minutes later she brought out a new crepe filled with whipped cream.... For being known for their crepes (and having ordered an entree for dessert) I was really disappointed with the crepe that came to us twice wrong. The last three times we've gone to Lola's the service was poor, food over cooked or had cold coffee & coffee grounds. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!
- great downtown spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2013I have been to Lola a few times and always find new tasty things to eat there. If you like Cajun food or chicken and waffles then you will love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible food and serviceteteDined on 9/8/2013this was my first time me and my friend I ordered the sm casear sal with crutons on the side and fish and home fries my friend ordered the salmon with veggie of the day first off the salad was hot the crutons was served in a styro foam cont Tacky,then the salmon was so dry the steamed veggies were very very salty there was no green beans for the veggies I wanted mussels but was told they were out the calmari was bunched up fried together will we return to eat dinner No waySpecial Features:
- Lola - The Place to Be!CMackDined on 9/1/2013Lola has been my favorite spot for entertainment and fun for the last few years now. One of the reasons is that they always stay relevant and they are never satisfied with the status quot. The food is par-excellent, (variety and imagination with awesome presentation) the entertainment is for grown folks like me who enjoy a mature and energetic atmosphere. Lola is MY place to be!Special Features:
- gotta love Lola'sTipperDined on 9/1/2013Poised at the edge of a vibrant downtown STL scence, Lola's offers foodies a treat for the senses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.