Lola - Great Neck
113 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lola - Great Neck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantlola.com/lola/index.php
- Phone: 5164665666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:30am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30- 11:00 pm
Sunday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Ginor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties and off-site catering are available.
A word from Lola - Great Neck
Lola Restaurant comfortably integrates white linen elegance with a fresh and innovative “New American” cuisine that is perfectly prepared and impeccably served. Strong Asian and French influences inspire the contemporary and eclectic culinary style of Chef Michael Ginor and make for a unique dining experience. Lola is dressed up as a special occasion restaurant inspired by New York City hotspots, but is sociable and affordable enough for every occasion. A full bar, comprehensive wine list and fine selection of mouth-watering desserts will complete your meal, all while the atmosphere and décor transport you to the heart of New York City without leaving the Island. Owner and Chef Michael Ginor personally attends to every detail to ensure that your dining experience is superb. It enjoys a dedicated following of appreciative diners from Long Island and New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lola - Great Neck - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Lola - Great Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (15)good for groups (13)romantic (11)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Fantastic chefsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014The dining experience begins with a focaccia bread that is to die for. Everything else was wonderful and made to perfection. It's like having a slice of NYC dining on the island at a great price.Special Features:
- ..OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014.............................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great atmospherewinnieDined on 8/15/2014the life singer was a surprise and perk love the restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily the most creative...FundguyVIPDined on 8/1/2014...menu in Great Neck, and probably all Nassau County. Excellent food, always beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just not rightTomeatsDined on 7/22/2014Upon entering I mentioned that I had a reservation through Open Table but they did not care and brought us to a table. Looked like a decent menu so ordered their Korean fried chicken to start as well as their smoked duck pizza tart (decent). The Pizza was excellent but the chicken not cooked literally still had blood on the inside. Told the waitress and she took it away. She brought the same piece of chicken back which had been put back into the fryer...Yuck!! My friend had a decent steak but could not get myself to order more food.
- Really goodMikefasDined on 7/18/2014Food was terrific and the waitress was kind enough to point out that we may have ordered too much. Who does that?! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great food...innovative dishesEatstarDined on 7/11/2014The service is great. They have no trouble slowing it down when asked. I spent 3 hours there the other evening enjoying. The menu changes more here than at other places so you don't get bored with the selections. Enjoy food from all over the world here. Eating here over time has become a learning experience that you can bring home to your own kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FavoriteVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great menu, delicious food! This time we gad mostly appetaisers because we like to try new things. The kale salad was very nice, a shrimp dish, out of this world, the pizza (a must in my opinion) delicious, the tuna tartar, a work of art and the cod as a main dish, mouth watering! Micheal, the owner, stops by to make sure all is ok and say hi. Te service is friendly and attentive. Looking forward to my next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2014overall food was overpriced with small portions. Food generally over-seasoned. Kale salad was extremely salty (almost inedible)). Same for shrimp and lamb appetizers, and they were over-spiced. Aoli fries, had way too much aoli. However, steak was excellent quality and properly seasoned. Manager (?) was rude to our group, telling us we had to leave within two hours for the next table reservation. We should have left, when she told us that.
- Great food in Great Necklive2eatDined on 5/25/2014Lola in Great Neck, next to the historic Squire movie theater, is perhaps one of the best restaurants in a village full of great choices. The tiger shrimp, cod with black bean sauce, and mouth watering cocktails are just a few of the highlights at this beautiful restaurant. Lola has a tasting menu for the adventurous, as well as a creative ala carte menu for those who want to share. The staff is spot on when it comes to timing each dish so that you don't feel rushed. In this day of crowded schedules, it's nice to go to a relaxed restaurant.Special Features:
- mmkkVIPDined on 5/24/2014consistently, fine, sophisticated, food; a perfectly adequate wine list, and a delightful, efficient, friendly! staffSpecial Features:
- The following 377 reviews are from the Lola - Great Neck reviews archive.
- Could be specialHarryUESDined on 5/11/2014If the environs and staff came to a par with the kitchen it'd be another few stars. The menu is fresh, imaginative, and sometimes inspired, and the execution can be spot on. Where it goes wrong is in a waiter rushing to clear plates, or bring a course when you're halfway through the previous. Wish the joint would catch up with the chef. Kudos to him.Special Features:
- DeliciousMissCityFoodDined on 5/3/2014There were four of us celebrating a birthday dinner on a Saturday night. We are prompted seated and service was great. Our server was attentive and very friendly. The menu was outstanding with numerous tasty combinations. We had ordered four tapas but wish we had more people so we can order more for variety. The best perhaps was the foie gras! My niece could not get enough of it! The duck was excellently prepared, flavorful and juicy. Miso cod was a nice portion and fresh. Kale salad was fresh and lightly dressed, perfect balance to round the out the rich meals. The wine list has very good selections and moderately priced. We are coming back for Mother's day and bringing more people!Special Features:
- restaurant weekcherluiVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food was smaller portioned for restaurant week. I really liked the ceasar salad. Duck was very good. Service was very good though their wines by the glass seemed a bit pricey for a long island restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/3/2014$5 for more bread??? Overdone, perhaps precooked? duck???? I was embarrassed that I encouraged friends to travel to meet us at Lola. I'd been to Lola before. It has never been as good as the first time I was there. Not sure I will return.
- restaurant weekladiesVIPDined on 5/1/2014We were served a 3 course meal in 55 minutes. Everything was precooked and pre-prepared; even the ice cream sundae had been made in advance (frost covered glass and frozen chocolate sauce). Don't participate in Restaurant Week if all you want to do is get people out as fast as you can.
- EsquireDined on 5/1/2014My friend and I went here for Long Island Restaurant Week. This was a good deal because the regular menu is too pricey for such a casual place and usually small portions. I enjoyed the fried chicken (ask for agave syrup to accompany it), and my friend loved the kobe burger with french fries in a spicy mayonnaise-type sauce that was yummy. The best part of the meal was the free serving of a flat bread with an olive oil and fig vinagrette sauce--out of this world! The chef tries hard to be innovative and succeeds for the most part. Thus, Lola offers an interesting, albeit expensive, dining experience.Special Features:
- Our new go to spotLingDined on 4/30/2014This is our second visit to Lola and they did not disappoint. We randomly showed up during Restaurant Week, which was a nice treat. Although there was not an excessive amount of food, the dishes were complex and dense (in a good way) that we were stuffed by the time dessert showed up! I think the only thing we would do differently next time is stick to the small plates so we can sample more of the amazing dishes. It seems they added an entree section that wasn't there last time. Make sure to try any duck dish, (we heard) the owner of the restaurant raises his own duck for the restaurant. And the wines recommended to us to try were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!JocelynNYVIPDined on 4/22/2014We are regulars at Lola, and the food, service and ambiance is always great. There are not many restaurants like Lola in the town as well as neighboring towns that we can compare to when we dine in the city, so we definitely recommend Lola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eats!!DevineDine2323Dined on 4/22/2014Both kale and Caesar salads were fresh, vibrant and delicious. The tuna tartare had nice spice and the scallops were seared perfectly. Great presentation as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Great NeckBiancaDined on 4/4/2014A favorite place for us, and if you happen to like foie gras this place is heaven!! The chef created fantastic dishes using this "liver". A must place for Long Islanders!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MonicaDined on 3/29/2014My husband & I have been to Lola's before and it was even better this time. The food experience is wonderful. Anyone who thinks they have to go into Manhattan to get a stellar meal are sorely mistaken. This is a great place to eat, socialize and the décor is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business or pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014I had a business dinner here with 5 people. We sat in a quiet enclosed booth-like table. The service was great and so was the food. I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As I RememberdukieDined on 3/21/2014This is our second or third time to Lola and this was our least favorite visit. The food, while creative, was quite heavy and over spiced. The wine was very good. Overall, the food was good but the prices result in an experience that was not a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Awful musicOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014A friend and I were looking forward to a quiet dinner to catch up. We had a lovely first course but all of a sudden loud music started playing. At 7:15pm this musician started singing along to a karaoke machine which sounded like elevator music. It was so loud that we asked the waitress to request they turn down the sound so we could talk. She said that the singer was a diva and didn't want to be disturbed when he was singing. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Too bad cause the food seemed tasty.
- LOLA!NicoleDined on 2/28/2014This restaurant never disappoints. We've eaten there about a dozen times and the food is consistently excellent. No joke - we literally crave their duck, crispy brussel sprouts and creamy polenta. The service is always professional. And, now, as a bonus, they have a very talented cabaret singer on Fridays. All this at reasonable prices. Well done & thank you LOLA!Special Features:
- Quack-QuackrandbVIPDined on 2/15/2014The "duck for two" is amazing. Generous portions and top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LOLA!NougatineluvaVIPDined on 2/15/2014LOLA is our go to restaurant for great food, service and wine! Also not to be missed are the performances by Christoper Moll usually Thursday nights. Chef Michael Ginor's food is unsurpassed ... Manhattan food in a Long Island restaurant... hard to find anything else that compares on L.I. and at a good price. There are also wonderful, tasting menus, prix fixe specials and brunches. Special occasion or anytime one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go!DonnaDined on 2/5/2014Attentive service and excellent food make this well worth the trip. Not your standard menu, with some real gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant on Long Island!MelanieDined on 1/24/2014Outstanding food Manhattanesque atmosphere Reasonable prices Amazing live music My waiter even did a duet with the female vocalist. Big Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heard about this place forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/24/2014Heard about this place for quite some time and finally went for lunch. Greeted warmly. Very quiet during lunch, which was a good thing. We were able to change tables freely due to cracked glass tops. Food was wonderful. We shared a truffle cheese and carmelized onion pizza tart. Delicious balance of flavors. The duck entree was thoroughly enjoyed. One of my friends said it was one of the best she'd had. The pappardelle was also excellent. Sauce was not overwhelming and the mushroom flavor made me want to lick the plate. All the talk is true!! Go and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting dishes. RecommendEatoutDined on 1/11/2014Interesting dishes. Recommend sampling the small dishes. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMicheleVIPDined on 1/9/2014We had an early dinner prior to a movie and were very impressed with the ambiance and food. We were surprised to see that there was entertainment so early, and really enjoyed the singer performing great American songbook hits. We shared two small plates and one main course, which was perfect for us and very flavorful. Service was attentive, and drinks were reasonable as it was happy hour. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the restaurantBoosBestDined on 1/7/2014We enjoyed the restaurant very much. The food was delicious. For a tapas place, though, portions weren't easily dividable for three. One minor thing, we had to continually ask for serving spoons. When the first plate came out, the waitress said, wait, I'll get you a spoon. Then on subsequent dishes, she didn't bring them and we had to ask bellboys, etc. Sat in a booth-very comfortable. Was a cold night; they warned us at the door that it wasn't warm inside although heat was cranked. Very considerate so we could chose whether or not to stay.Special Features:
- Love this placeDordorDined on 1/4/2014Overall , we always enjoy Lola! great food, love the small plates, drinks are nicely done and generous.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve at LolaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Was absolutely perfect. The menu was full of fantastic options,but the highlight had to be the scallops with crispy brown butter risotto- or the duck accompanied with seared foie gras- delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, when you finally get itVtexgt3Dined on 12/31/2013Food was top notch for the most part. Chef has great creative ideas but some of the little things could use a little work. Fish looked like it had sat around a bit after plating before being served. Steak was cooked nicely but hard to cut with the knife provided. All the food tasted great so would definitely go back. Live singer, great atmosphere. Biggest complaint: We were there for a set menu due to the holiday, however we sat around for 45 minutes before getting any of the food. The table that sat down 20 minutes after us got their first course before we did. When food finally came out it was the wrong course so they had to take it back and we had to wait another 10 minutes. Our waitress was very attentive though so +1 for that.Special Features:
- Great Find in Great NeckOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013I've been going to great neck for decades and to be honest, have found it a bit tired and disappointing lately. Lola is the exception. Fresh and fun. Eclectic menu. Killer drinks. Our server this time was particularly knowledgable. Live music on some nightsSpecial Features:
- The place for Foie GrasYipeeSLPDined on 12/27/2013Our party had the "Ultra Crazy Elaborate" tasting menu ($85/pp for 9 courses + dessert). Our courses were as follows (w/ my favs marked by *): Kale salad, baked scallops (*), Torchon Foie Gras, beets w/ pistachio puree (too much green food coloring), Black miso cod w/ "forbidden" rice"(*), Shrimp Curry (too gingery, I couldn't taste anything else afterwards), Seared Foie Gras (*), BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork, Roast Duck Breast w/ Wheat berries. Dessert was a sharing plate of ice cream, bread pudding, and "Kit-Kat" Bar. Other things: Friend said: for $85, you shouldn't be serving beets. The beets & shrimp were misses (a shame, b/c the shrimp itself was cooked well). The glass on our table was cracked, We noticed other tables were cracked too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menurichardVIPDined on 12/10/2013They list a dinner menu which they no longer serve. Should list only tapas availability(you choose 2 items). Had I known, would have chosen a restaurant that served dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.