Lola - Great Neck
113 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lola - Great Neck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantlola.com/lola/index.php
- Phone: (516) 466-5666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:30am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30- 11:00 pm
Sunday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Ginor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties and off-site catering are available.
A word from Lola - Great Neck
Lola Restaurant comfortably integrates white linen elegance with a fresh and innovative “New American” cuisine that is perfectly prepared and impeccably served. Strong Asian and French influences inspire the contemporary and eclectic culinary style of Chef Michael Ginor and make for a unique dining experience. Lola is dressed up as a special occasion restaurant inspired by New York City hotspots, but is sociable and affordable enough for every occasion. A full bar, comprehensive wine list and fine selection of mouth-watering desserts will complete your meal, all while the atmosphere and décor transport you to the heart of New York City without leaving the Island. Owner and Chef Michael Ginor personally attends to every detail to ensure that your dining experience is superb. It enjoys a dedicated following of appreciative diners from Long Island and New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lola - Great Neck - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Lola - Great Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (18)good for groups (12)romantic (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best Restaurant on Long Island!MelanieDined on 1/24/2014Outstanding food Manhattanesque atmosphere Reasonable prices Amazing live music My waiter even did a duet with the female vocalist. Big Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heard about this place forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/24/2014Heard about this place for quite some time and finally went for lunch. Greeted warmly. Very quiet during lunch, which was a good thing. We were able to change tables freely due to cracked glass tops. Food was wonderful. We shared a truffle cheese and carmelized onion pizza tart. Delicious balance of flavors. The duck entree was thoroughly enjoyed. One of my friends said it was one of the best she'd had. The pappardelle was also excellent. Sauce was not overwhelming and the mushroom flavor made me want to lick the plate. All the talk is true!! Go and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting dishes. RecommendEatoutDined on 1/11/2014Interesting dishes. Recommend sampling the small dishes. Service was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMicheleVIPDined on 1/9/2014We had an early dinner prior to a movie and were very impressed with the ambiance and food. We were surprised to see that there was entertainment so early, and really enjoyed the singer performing great American songbook hits. We shared two small plates and one main course, which was perfect for us and very flavorful. Service was attentive, and drinks were reasonable as it was happy hour. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the restaurantBoosBestDined on 1/7/2014We enjoyed the restaurant very much. The food was delicious. For a tapas place, though, portions weren't easily dividable for three. One minor thing, we had to continually ask for serving spoons. When the first plate came out, the waitress said, wait, I'll get you a spoon. Then on subsequent dishes, she didn't bring them and we had to ask bellboys, etc. Sat in a booth-very comfortable. Was a cold night; they warned us at the door that it wasn't warm inside although heat was cranked. Very considerate so we could chose whether or not to stay.Special Features:
- Love this placeDordorDined on 1/4/2014Overall , we always enjoy Lola! great food, love the small plates, drinks are nicely done and generous.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve at LolaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Was absolutely perfect. The menu was full of fantastic options,but the highlight had to be the scallops with crispy brown butter risotto- or the duck accompanied with seared foie gras- delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, when you finally get itVtexgt3Dined on 12/31/2013Food was top notch for the most part. Chef has great creative ideas but some of the little things could use a little work. Fish looked like it had sat around a bit after plating before being served. Steak was cooked nicely but hard to cut with the knife provided. All the food tasted great so would definitely go back. Live singer, great atmosphere. Biggest complaint: We were there for a set menu due to the holiday, however we sat around for 45 minutes before getting any of the food. The table that sat down 20 minutes after us got their first course before we did. When food finally came out it was the wrong course so they had to take it back and we had to wait another 10 minutes. Our waitress was very attentive though so +1 for that.Special Features:
- Great Find in Great NeckOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013I've been going to great neck for decades and to be honest, have found it a bit tired and disappointing lately. Lola is the exception. Fresh and fun. Eclectic menu. Killer drinks. Our server this time was particularly knowledgable. Live music on some nightsSpecial Features:
- The place for Foie GrasYipeeSLPDined on 12/27/2013Our party had the "Ultra Crazy Elaborate" tasting menu ($85/pp for 9 courses + dessert). Our courses were as follows (w/ my favs marked by *): Kale salad, baked scallops (*), Torchon Foie Gras, beets w/ pistachio puree (too much green food coloring), Black miso cod w/ "forbidden" rice"(*), Shrimp Curry (too gingery, I couldn't taste anything else afterwards), Seared Foie Gras (*), BBQ Smoked Pulled Pork, Roast Duck Breast w/ Wheat berries. Dessert was a sharing plate of ice cream, bread pudding, and "Kit-Kat" Bar. Other things: Friend said: for $85, you shouldn't be serving beets. The beets & shrimp were misses (a shame, b/c the shrimp itself was cooked well). The glass on our table was cracked, We noticed other tables were cracked too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menurichardVIPDined on 12/10/2013They list a dinner menu which they no longer serve. Should list only tapas availability(you choose 2 items). Had I known, would have chosen a restaurant that served dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently exceeds expectationsHalaDined on 11/30/2013Honestly, a favorite. Unique tastes, original dishes...I love it. The food you will eat at Lola's you won't find any where else.Special Features:
- It was a very special birthdayEllenDined on 11/26/2013It was a very special birthday dinner. We chose the tasting menu. It was absolutely amazing. The food was preparation/presentation was great, service excellent. An absolute favorite.Special Features:
- Enjoy at LolasusanDined on 11/24/2013Terrific food, great choices. My only complaint was our seating. My husband and I were the only people for an early Sunday dinner at 5:30. I requested a banquette that seated 4. I was told they would only give them to parties of 4. During a meal 2 separate parties of 2 people were given the seats I had requested. When I brought this up to my server I was told that they were a 4 when they made the reservation, but only 2 came. What an amazing coincidence! I really don't like being lied to. Whether these people were regulars or not, I don't see any reason why in a totally empty restaurant I could not be given the seat I requested. Clearly others did. Not the way to treat customers. Good thing their food is so great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still A FavoriteHalaDined on 11/24/2013Hasn't disappointed yet...a home run every time. Everyone I have taken there loves it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhhhhhmazingheddabombsDined on 11/7/2013My husband and I went to Lola on Thursday night. I had been there once before for a work function and the food was awesome so we decided to check it our for restaurant week. Well forget the RW prix fixe, we decided to go all out with the "ultra crazy elaborate" tasting... 9 courses of fabulous, decadent chefs choice. Everything was delicious and unique! This is a truly special culinary adventure and I would say my new favorite place on Long Island! We even got the "never done before" foie gras over smoked brisket. In addition their bartender sings on Thursday nights and it was really nice to have the live music during our feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but.. service not so muchDinnerDinnerDined on 11/5/2013Two servers decided that neither want to take on one more table so we waited 20+ min before one of them finally decided to give in and take the order. Entire dinner took 2.5 hrs. They managed to get the drink and dessert order wrong. Did not warn us that some items are spicy and failed to informed that iced tea was unsweetened. Food was great. Last time we had the chef choice and loved every dish. Dishes were again very good but the service was quite frankly terrible. Neighborhood diner has better service. I get that some nights are busy and at least one server (better 1 of 2 who gave in and took our order) did apologize but the damage is done. Won't go back. No need to spend $200 and be treated like I'm begging for food.Special Features:
- Unexpected Surprises !HtownfoodenthusiastDined on 10/25/2013Selected seeing great reviews & unique menu but got so much more. Standouts are the Pizza tart and fried sweet salty spicy Brussel Sprouts- totally unusual & delicious ! Ambiance & singer was great, and then restaurant regulars requested our waiter perform, who sang fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OntherunOnthetownVIPDined on 10/19/2013Excellent food but service was below par. Water glasses not refilled, silverware taken but not replaced until requested. Desert served family style before plates were set. Servers were pleasant but either insufficient number of staff or not well trained. Will try restaurant during the week when it is less crowded. Food definitely worth the return visit.Special Features:
- Good, but not fantasticPumpkin124Dined on 10/18/2013I have enjoyed Lola the handful of times I have been here, but the service is just below good for the type of restaurant. The host was extremely slow to acknowledge me. The server was nice and courteous but I happen to drink a lot of water so I find it very annoying if refilling it is an afterthought for the staff, and it was. I was also unaware that there would be live music. She was an excellent vocalist, but for people that want to have a conversation over dinner it was a few notches too loud. The Brussel Sprouts were amazing and I really enjoyed the Spicy tuna tartare. The garlic curry shrimp was nothing special and we both found the spice overwhelming.Special Features:
- poor alcoholAlanDined on 10/12/2013Food was exceptional however, the alcohol was overpriced and diluted. Very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLingDined on 10/11/2013I went on a Friday night for a birthday dinner and the food was wonderful. We did not realize there was live music that night, however. And although the singers were quite good, the sound was a bit loud no matter where you sat in the restaurant. It was difficult to have a conversation without yelling over it. The place is small also, so there was no need to crank up the volume. The small dishes were wonderful though and the portion sizes were perfect for getting 2-3 per person depending on how hungry you are. The owner owns a farm, so you must try any of the duck (from his farm) or foie gras dishes, as recommended by the waitress. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantdukieDined on 9/29/2013Small plates good for sharing. The dishes were creative and tasty.Special Features:
- Love LOLA!NougatineluvaVIPDined on 9/28/2013Thank you to the staff Christopher Moll, Greg, and the wonderful Chef! We always look forward to Lola for great food and wine and wonderful service! Lola's food is one of the best east of Manhattan! Certainly there is nothing else comparable in Nassau County! And you know when you are in a fine restaurant when there is a wine sommelier to help you. Lola's sommelier, Greg, will help you pick out outstanding wine, some from his recent visit to Spain should not be missed. Thank you again for a wonderful evening. And do go on Thursday when Christopher Moll is singing for an evening of great food, great wine and wonderful entertainment! A trifecta!Special Features:
- The best food buy on LongOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/28/2013The best food buy on Long Island - 5 gourmet courses plus dessert for $40, but I'd rather pay a little more and have competent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointment!IzabelaDined on 9/23/2013I picked this restaurant for my husband birthday and unfortunately this was a big disappointment. We all chose tasting menu and I have to admit that we would be better off if we picked our own dishes instead of relying on "chef's picks". The plates are really small. You should not go there if you really hungry. The dishes were nothing special and based on high reviews we expected much more. Also our waiter was in a very "sour" mood so it only added to the disappointment. We did not feel welcome in that place. On the way out (after leaving a nice tip) he would not say good night or even thank you. We are not coming back or recommending the place to our friends.
- Great Wine list but...nadslibraDined on 9/21/2013They had a terrific wine list, with a wide selection of great wines from different regions. However, the wine was the only highlight for me.. I thought the food was over rated and over priced. I really didn't enjoy any of the food.. I know it's cool and chic to make everything different but sometimes less is more.. over priced as well!!Special Features:
- Who need Manhattan!Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/15/2013Do yourself a favor and get over to Lola's of Great Neck! What a great culinary experience! Chef Billy prepared a tasting menu for my husband and me that rivaled anything I've seen on the Foodnetwork! And the presentation was phenomenal! Service was great(ask for Brandon!) and the ambiance very Zen. A gem in Great Neck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative,unusual & very deliciousvichtualsDined on 9/1/2013Get to know the cuisine at LOLA -it will be very worthwhile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So so foodDiner12VIPDined on 8/30/2013The concept is interesting but in practical terms it didn't meet expectations. There are way too many choices and the idea of small portions fails to meet the mark. Some items were good but nothing was outstanding. There are just way too many flavor choices from a menu with food that is just so so.
- Expected moreGrammagDined on 8/27/2013Mod decor with a pricey small plate tasting menu.One or two tables filled when we arrived at 6:30, (it did fill up later on), but no explanation of menu when presented. Chef was obliging when we asked to have something other than fries with the lobster rolls and prepared a lovely vegetable assortment as an alternative.The food was fair, but the coffee was really bitter and when a fresh replacement was requested it took forever to receive it. We couldn't catch the eye of any of the servers (very young staff) to ask why so long. More pretentious than they could deliver - especially at those prices. Sorry - would not go again.
- Christopher Moll Rocks!NougatineluvaVIPDined on 8/22/2013LOLA's food is always terrific but we went to see Christopher Moll... he is not to be missed. Christopher is not only a wonderful singer but warm and welcoming to his guests. If you go to see Christopher's performance make sure you stop to speak to him afterwards, you will come away with wonderful memories ... a good performer and a wonderful person too. Took my family, we all had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chef in Great NeckFundguyVIPDined on 8/17/2013Seriously good food, best ingredients, thoughtfully presented. We always get the wild mushroom tart and the brussel sprouts. This time I tried the fish "tacos," and they ain't what you get at Chipotle! They were excellent, with large pieces of crunchy, perfectly fresh fish.Special Features:
- Raves for LolabarbDined on 8/3/2013Lola is a rare find! Not only is the place pretty, the service attentive and friendly, but the food is delicious---small plates ample for sharing add to the fun! Interesting. & unusual combinations, all presented with picture perfect style & flair.Definitely worth a second and third visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined here twice before-OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2013I have dined here twice before- the food is impeccable. Small tapas size plates that may not seem like a lot, but the flavors are so rich- you get full really quickly. Their signature pizzas are a must. Roshida, one of the servers, is awesome and has a bubbly personality. Great place for an intimate date night with your significant other or close friends- when they're open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; service levelMarcDined on 7/23/2013Excellent food; service level needs significant imrpovement. For example, drinks were brought after the food arrived. The pacing of the food being delivered was too fast. All of the tapas style dishes were delivered at the same time with only 2 people at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/16/2013You may have to order a lot to feel full but every morsel is an amazing flavorful experience. You can't go wrong. The place is loud and hard to have a conversation but the food is worth it.Special Features:
- caught by surprise tapasjointdocDined on 6/29/2013based on internet we expected a conventional dinner menu but were surprised that format for dinner was now tapas, small portions at high prices, elegant food in innovative ways, but bring plenty of money and eat firstSpecial Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2013We had the tasting menu with 6 courses. Every course was delicious. The chef came to our table several times to make sure everything was fine. The service was very attentive. We will definitely go back for more deliciousness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The first time I went to LolaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2013The first time I went to Lola I was struck by the quality, preparation, presentation and sheer deliciousness of the food. I mean struck. It was love at first taste. So, I wanted to return as soon as possible and did so the following week with with my husband and an out of town guest. Both times we had the "small plates" as it was a Monday night - giving us the chance to sample many different dishes. Wow, it was fabulous. Our waiter, Chris was extremely helpful, efficient and cordial. He also has a lovely singing voice (we heard his CD) and I understand he sings at Lola on Thursday nights. Lola is really a special place. It becomes rather expensive because you want to taste everything.....but it is well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.