Lola - Great Neck
113 Middle Neck Road
Great Neck, NY 11021Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lola - Great Neck
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurantlola.com/lola/index.php
- Phone: (516) 466-5666
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Brunch: Sunday - 10:30am - 3:00 pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30- 11:00 pm
Sunday 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael Ginor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Private parties and off-site catering are available.
A word from Lola - Great Neck
Lola Restaurant comfortably integrates white linen elegance with a fresh and innovative “New American” cuisine that is perfectly prepared and impeccably served. Strong Asian and French influences inspire the contemporary and eclectic culinary style of Chef Michael Ginor and make for a unique dining experience. Lola is dressed up as a special occasion restaurant inspired by New York City hotspots, but is sociable and affordable enough for every occasion. A full bar, comprehensive wine list and fine selection of mouth-watering desserts will complete your meal, all while the atmosphere and décor transport you to the heart of New York City without leaving the Island. Owner and Chef Michael Ginor personally attends to every detail to ensure that your dining experience is superb. It enjoys a dedicated following of appreciative diners from Long Island and New York City.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lola - Great Neck - Best Restaurants in Great Neck ›
Lola - Great Neck reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (19)good for groups (12)romantic (10)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- We are visiting Lola quite often and just love itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014The food is consistently of superior quality and the service is efficient and very friendly. You are never pushed to quickly pay you bill ater you have finished your dinner or lunch. Me, my family and fiends love LolaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJerryVIPDined on 11/9/2014Outstanding dinner. Portions & quality great. We are consistent fans of Chef MicharlSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable Dinner- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014I had heard that Lola's was great, but had never been. I went during Restaurant week. The place had a great vibe, and was very crowded. The Duck Lollipop was memorable. The Duck Breast entree was good as well. The Salmon with Lentils & Bok Choy was enjoyable change. I look forward to returning and trying the very interesting small plates. Oh, the focaccia was glazed and a nice surprise. The staff tried very hard and worked as a team. I saw both the chef and hostess helping out to deliver food to the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go hungrylallvlaVIPDined on 11/7/2014A very pretty place with scrumptious food. The appetizer called duck wing lollipops are amazing. The dinners were delicious. Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/5/2014Went for Restaurant Week special. At first they were very welcoming but once they served our appetizers they disappeared completely. Seriously. After a long wait they were about to give us dessert so we had to remind them we hadn't had our entrees yet. Then they brought a wrong entree so one of us had to eat while the other waited another 20 minutes. And finally when we went to pay with cash they said they couldn't give us change for a $20 because they ran out of cash. Completely. A waiter had to beg someone in the kitchen for change. And by the way the food was average.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/20147 Course Chef's Tasting was a fantastic choice for our first visit here! We will be back to sample more.Special Features:
- Fit For Foodies Only!! DeliciousMgreenVIPDined on 10/31/2014The owner is world renown for his foie gras - and boy that is not the only amazing thing he cooks up. Mr. Ginor is there almost every night, if not to cook- to check up and make sure everything is running well. The restaurant is small- but I recommend you bring a big appetite. The menu changes every few days so if you like something it may not be their again. The duck pizza is a MUST have!Special Features:
- Asian FusionABCAsianDined on 10/15/2014I had the duck breast and it was excellent. The duck was cooked perfectly - slightly rare and came with some interesting accompaniments. The Foie Gras was very good as well. Service was warm and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awfulnorthhills24Dined on 9/20/2014burnt bread, reordered and came back burnt second time. refrigerated burger rolls? Overpriced, small portions...
- Fantastic chefsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014The dining experience begins with a focaccia bread that is to die for. Everything else was wonderful and made to perfection. It's like having a slice of NYC dining on the island at a great price.Special Features:
- Great Menu!returningfatherDined on 9/13/2014We were delighted with the variety of international dishes - among the five guests at our table, we sampled food from four different cultures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Date Night spotsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014On the rare occasion my husband and I can get out, we love to go to Lola, he's a huge foie gras fan and we both love duck. Usually we get the large tasting menu, but last time decided on the 5 course and were able to finish our meal for once. Always a nice spot for good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ..OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014.............................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and great atmospherewinnieDined on 8/15/2014the life singer was a surprise and perk love the restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily the most creative...FundguyVIPDined on 8/1/2014...menu in Great Neck, and probably all Nassau County. Excellent food, always beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 385 reviews are from the Lola - Great Neck reviews archive.
- Just not rightTomeatsDined on 7/22/2014Upon entering I mentioned that I had a reservation through Open Table but they did not care and brought us to a table. Looked like a decent menu so ordered their Korean fried chicken to start as well as their smoked duck pizza tart (decent). The Pizza was excellent but the chicken not cooked literally still had blood on the inside. Told the waitress and she took it away. She brought the same piece of chicken back which had been put back into the fryer...Yuck!! My friend had a decent steak but could not get myself to order more food.
- Really goodMikefasDined on 7/18/2014Food was terrific and the waitress was kind enough to point out that we may have ordered too much. Who does that?! We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great food...innovative dishesEatstarDined on 7/11/2014The service is great. They have no trouble slowing it down when asked. I spent 3 hours there the other evening enjoying. The menu changes more here than at other places so you don't get bored with the selections. Enjoy food from all over the world here. Eating here over time has become a learning experience that you can bring home to your own kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!FavoriteVIPDined on 6/30/2014Great menu, delicious food! This time we gad mostly appetaisers because we like to try new things. The kale salad was very nice, a shrimp dish, out of this world, the pizza (a must in my opinion) delicious, the tuna tartar, a work of art and the cod as a main dish, mouth watering! Micheal, the owner, stops by to make sure all is ok and say hi. Te service is friendly and attentive. Looking forward to my next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SAC2VIPDined on 6/21/2014overall food was overpriced with small portions. Food generally over-seasoned. Kale salad was extremely salty (almost inedible)). Same for shrimp and lamb appetizers, and they were over-spiced. Aoli fries, had way too much aoli. However, steak was excellent quality and properly seasoned. Manager (?) was rude to our group, telling us we had to leave within two hours for the next table reservation. We should have left, when she told us that.
- Great food in Great Necklive2eatDined on 5/25/2014Lola in Great Neck, next to the historic Squire movie theater, is perhaps one of the best restaurants in a village full of great choices. The tiger shrimp, cod with black bean sauce, and mouth watering cocktails are just a few of the highlights at this beautiful restaurant. Lola has a tasting menu for the adventurous, as well as a creative ala carte menu for those who want to share. The staff is spot on when it comes to timing each dish so that you don't feel rushed. In this day of crowded schedules, it's nice to go to a relaxed restaurant.Special Features:
- mmkkVIPDined on 5/24/2014consistently, fine, sophisticated, food; a perfectly adequate wine list, and a delightful, efficient, friendly! staffSpecial Features:
- Could be specialHarryUESDined on 5/11/2014If the environs and staff came to a par with the kitchen it'd be another few stars. The menu is fresh, imaginative, and sometimes inspired, and the execution can be spot on. Where it goes wrong is in a waiter rushing to clear plates, or bring a course when you're halfway through the previous. Wish the joint would catch up with the chef. Kudos to him.Special Features:
- DeliciousMissCityFoodDined on 5/3/2014There were four of us celebrating a birthday dinner on a Saturday night. We are prompted seated and service was great. Our server was attentive and very friendly. The menu was outstanding with numerous tasty combinations. We had ordered four tapas but wish we had more people so we can order more for variety. The best perhaps was the foie gras! My niece could not get enough of it! The duck was excellently prepared, flavorful and juicy. Miso cod was a nice portion and fresh. Kale salad was fresh and lightly dressed, perfect balance to round the out the rich meals. The wine list has very good selections and moderately priced. We are coming back for Mother's day and bringing more people!Special Features:
- restaurant weekcherluiVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food was smaller portioned for restaurant week. I really liked the ceasar salad. Duck was very good. Service was very good though their wines by the glass seemed a bit pricey for a long island restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/3/2014$5 for more bread??? Overdone, perhaps precooked? duck???? I was embarrassed that I encouraged friends to travel to meet us at Lola. I'd been to Lola before. It has never been as good as the first time I was there. Not sure I will return.
- restaurant weekladiesVIPDined on 5/1/2014We were served a 3 course meal in 55 minutes. Everything was precooked and pre-prepared; even the ice cream sundae had been made in advance (frost covered glass and frozen chocolate sauce). Don't participate in Restaurant Week if all you want to do is get people out as fast as you can.
- EsquireDined on 5/1/2014My friend and I went here for Long Island Restaurant Week. This was a good deal because the regular menu is too pricey for such a casual place and usually small portions. I enjoyed the fried chicken (ask for agave syrup to accompany it), and my friend loved the kobe burger with french fries in a spicy mayonnaise-type sauce that was yummy. The best part of the meal was the free serving of a flat bread with an olive oil and fig vinagrette sauce--out of this world! The chef tries hard to be innovative and succeeds for the most part. Thus, Lola offers an interesting, albeit expensive, dining experience.Special Features:
- Our new go to spotLingDined on 4/30/2014This is our second visit to Lola and they did not disappoint. We randomly showed up during Restaurant Week, which was a nice treat. Although there was not an excessive amount of food, the dishes were complex and dense (in a good way) that we were stuffed by the time dessert showed up! I think the only thing we would do differently next time is stick to the small plates so we can sample more of the amazing dishes. It seems they added an entree section that wasn't there last time. Make sure to try any duck dish, (we heard) the owner of the restaurant raises his own duck for the restaurant. And the wines recommended to us to try were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great meal!JocelynNYVIPDined on 4/22/2014We are regulars at Lola, and the food, service and ambiance is always great. There are not many restaurants like Lola in the town as well as neighboring towns that we can compare to when we dine in the city, so we definitely recommend Lola.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent eats!!DevineDine2323Dined on 4/22/2014Both kale and Caesar salads were fresh, vibrant and delicious. The tuna tartare had nice spice and the scallops were seared perfectly. Great presentation as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Great NeckBiancaDined on 4/4/2014A favorite place for us, and if you happen to like foie gras this place is heaven!! The chef created fantastic dishes using this "liver". A must place for Long Islanders!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MonicaDined on 3/29/2014My husband & I have been to Lola's before and it was even better this time. The food experience is wonderful. Anyone who thinks they have to go into Manhattan to get a stellar meal are sorely mistaken. This is a great place to eat, socialize and the décor is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for business or pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/26/2014I had a business dinner here with 5 people. We sat in a quiet enclosed booth-like table. The service was great and so was the food. I would highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As I RememberdukieDined on 3/21/2014This is our second or third time to Lola and this was our least favorite visit. The food, while creative, was quite heavy and over spiced. The wine was very good. Overall, the food was good but the prices result in an experience that was not a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - Awful musicOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/20/2014A friend and I were looking forward to a quiet dinner to catch up. We had a lovely first course but all of a sudden loud music started playing. At 7:15pm this musician started singing along to a karaoke machine which sounded like elevator music. It was so loud that we asked the waitress to request they turn down the sound so we could talk. She said that the singer was a diva and didn't want to be disturbed when he was singing. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Too bad cause the food seemed tasty.
- LOLA!NicoleDined on 2/28/2014This restaurant never disappoints. We've eaten there about a dozen times and the food is consistently excellent. No joke - we literally crave their duck, crispy brussel sprouts and creamy polenta. The service is always professional. And, now, as a bonus, they have a very talented cabaret singer on Fridays. All this at reasonable prices. Well done & thank you LOLA!Special Features:
- Quack-QuackrandbVIPDined on 2/15/2014The "duck for two" is amazing. Generous portions and top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LOLA!NougatineluvaVIPDined on 2/15/2014LOLA is our go to restaurant for great food, service and wine! Also not to be missed are the performances by Christoper Moll usually Thursday nights. Chef Michael Ginor's food is unsurpassed ... Manhattan food in a Long Island restaurant... hard to find anything else that compares on L.I. and at a good price. There are also wonderful, tasting menus, prix fixe specials and brunches. Special occasion or anytime one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014Foie Gras Foie Gras Foie Gras. There is no better place in the NY area to have Foie Gras! Thank you so much Chef Ginor! Brunch with Pancakes and Foie Gras -- just great!!Special Features: