387 Myrtle Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11205Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lolabklyn.com/
- Phone: 7188581484x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Gastro Pub, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Octavio Simancas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Chef Octavio can take your heart's culinary desires, and make them reality. That said, this is an easier process if we design those desires around our menu. But give us a call, and we'll work something out!
- Private Party Facilities: All types of parties welcome, private or otherwise. We can rent out garden space, bar space, or our intermediate dining room for private events, large, non-private dinners, brunches, baby showers, engagement parties, weddings, bar mitvahs, brisses, baptisms, or any other event you could possibly want to have.
- Private Party Contact: Nicole Wright 718-858-1484x
- Entertainment: If our waitstaff isn't entertaining enough for you (and they will be), we will also be hosting a summer series of concerts in our garden, along with showings of the entire UEFA Eurocup Tournament on our bar television starting June 8th.
- Special Events: Endless Mussels All Day, Every Thursday.
Burger & Beer for $13 all day every Monday
A word from Lola BKLYN
Lola is is your home away from home. We serve delicious fare inspired by different parts of our North Amerian continent. We have a rotating selection of craft beers, seasonal cocktails, and a gorgeous, secluded backyard. Bring a group of friends for brunch, bring a date for a romantic evening under the stars, or simply bring a book and and enjoy some "me" time. We also host endless mussels nights every Thursday, game nights on Tuesdays, and Sunday nights we show current TV shows or classic movies both inside and outside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lola BKLYN reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Absolutely fantasticMattDined on 4/20/2014The food was impressive, beautifully presented, and very tasty. We went for brunch and the entire menu looked delicious.Special Features:
- Worst "dining" experience in 6 yrsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/9/2014I've lived in NYC for 6 yrs and this was the absolute worst experience! In addition to incompetence, the staff is uninterested in service and downright rude. After sitting at our table for an hour (without a beverage refill) I was finally able to flag down a waiter to ask him about our food. We had ordered 45 mins earlier and everyone who around us had already received food. The waiter was rude, did not check on our food until I flagged him down a 2nd time, then he came back with our RUDE waiter who said the food ticket was lost. No apologies. We had an appointment to go to, so we asked how quickly they could bring the food. Again, the waiter was rude, offered no amends or promise to expedite food. We left without eating or an apology.
- First time dining in thisMichelleDined on 1/31/2014First time dining in this restaurant after reading the reviews. Food was very good, steak was prepared perfectly. Ambience was inviting. Our waiter, Reid was exceptional. Would definitely come again. Oh! I forgot to mention the chocolate cake and ice cream, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak and salmon wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2013The steak and salmon were perfectly prepared,just as we ordered. Pinot grigio and cote du rhone were not very good,but selection of beer was ok. The ambient was nice and cozy with lights down low and lot of candlelight. Definitely would return. Prices are good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, chill spotanguscottrDined on 11/1/2013I made a reservation at this place because it looked romantic and I was trying to plan a date. It was very nice, low, romantic lighting and the service was very nice. I have to say that the menu was pretty limiting. There wasn't much to choose from seafood wise or meat wise. There was bison in a bit of the dishes and finding beef wasn't easy even though I must admit that I didn't ask if substitutions could be made, and my waiter did suggest speaking up about making changes to a dish, or at least asking to remove an item if we weren't feeling it, which I appreciated. I really liked my waiter Reed, he was patient and funny and engaging and so was the bartender, he was very sweet.Special Features:
- nice evening outstf1Dined on 10/28/2013nice spot, decent (thought not spectacular) food. would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Surprise!laurabeckernycDined on 10/12/2013Such a great meal in a beautiful, fun backyard. I plan on having a big group brunch here shortly. Loved the bacon Bloody Mary, great pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okay. Service waskco10038VIPDined on 9/14/2013Food was okay. Service was a little slow but overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe going on here.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2013Great vibe going on here. I enjoyed the ambiance. Service was good not great. Food was pretty good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2013Great service, servers take the time to talk with you, food is good, nice revisited recipes (poutine with duck, oh my!) and a bunch of good beers on tap. Plus they serve late :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always my FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2013Wonderful place to go for a nice one on one dinner or to catchup with friends. The food is always amazing.Special Features:
- DisappointingNewintownDined on 5/12/2013The staff and ambiance were great. The cocktails were uneven. The mariposa was fabulous, but the hurricane tasted like watery fruit punch. The first bite into the food sent things downhill as the wings were flavorless. The duck fajitas were under-seasoned and the sides (including the beans and rice) came out cold. The only dish that was a winner was the salmon burger. It was perfectly seasoned and cooked. It even had a little kick to it! The fries were also awesome. If I were nearby for happy hour I might give it another try but I doubt that I'll be returning for dinner.Special Features:
- cute local place+great musselsnyeaterDined on 2/23/2013Cute local spot...Great mussel! We had pesto mussels and they were fresh and the sauce delicious. Proseco by the glass at a modest price...good friesSpecial Features:
- Amazing brunch great staffsatisfiedVIPDined on 2/10/2013Amazing brunch great staff a new neighborhood fave.Special Features:
- I THOUGHT I HAD MADE A RESERVATIONOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/27/2012I THOUGHT I HAD MADE A RESERVATION AT CHEZ JOSEPHINE AND THAT IS WHERE WE ATE. AS USUAL, A FINE EXPERIENCE.
- Moules a go go NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012"Moules a go go" night was amazing (just $13 for unlimited mussels!) We tried the white wine, creamy pesto, and coconut curry broths and the white wine was our favorite. My friend ordered an appetizer (empanadas, I think) and a cocktail and said both were also fantastic. All in all, a great time for a great price. Decor and ambiance were an added plus (loved the books throughout the restaurant) and the waiter seemed skittish but very sweet :)Special Features:
- Too BadLunchtimeDined on 10/6/2012Too Bad ... this place was not as good as stated in the reviews or that its website depicts. We were in Brooklyn for Pratt's Family Weekend. Nothing could dampen our weekend family reunion in Brooklyn -- although it was unfortunate that our drinks were weak, my husband's scallop “special” was not so special (tiny, tiny little scallops lost around a scoop of risotto) and my skirt steak had no hint of the green peppercorn “house specialty”. Seeing a creepy crawler traveling up the wall left a lasting impression as well.
- So great to have this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012So great to have this place in the neighborhood. Beautiful backyard and they appear to host private parties. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars in service was because our waitress disappeared in the middle of our meal, and I don't think anyone was clearly assigned to our table. It took quite a long time to get the check. That won't deter me from going back though! The food was excellent and the waitress was great before she disappeared.Special Features: