Lokanta Mediterranean Grill & Bar
443 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lokanta Mediterranean Grill & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatlokanta.com/
- Phone: 9252238074
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:30am-4:00pm
Lunch: Sa-Su 10:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Sa-Su 4:00pm-11:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10:00am-3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Mediterranean, Turkish
- Executive Chef: Muhammet Culha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us for detailed information
A word from Lokanta Mediterranean Grill & Bar
Lokanta Mediterranean Grill & Bar, situated in downtown Pleasanton offers a Californian influenced Mediterranean Cuisine. Whether you are looking to enjoy some cocktails and meze"s at the bar during happy hour, catch the latest sports game, or enjoy a brunch, lunch or dinner at one of our intimate tables, Lokanta Grill&Bar is sure to satisfy even those with the most discernible of palates. Allow us to share this dining and cultural experience with you in a refreshing change of cuisine that will shake up your taste buds ...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lokanta Mediterranean Grill & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Our favorite local placeSusanWDined on 5/11/2014We love Lokanta and come in frequently for Happy Hour and wonderful meals. The staff is attentive and personable. The food always terrific.Special Features:
- Nicely donefootsoarDined on 5/11/2014This was our first visit, but we'd heard good things and were not disappointed. We joined the Mother's Day crush so I can excuse a slight delay in our entrees' arrival. The dolma appetizer (tasty, nicely presented with lemon slices and yogurt) arrived quickly along with our drinks so we didn't starve while waiting. As it was nearly mid-afternoon we stayed on the lunch side of the brunch menu. We had trouble picking - so many things sounded good. The food was very tasty and the prices quite reasonable. It's nice to have a Greek-Med choice in downtown Pleasanton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Montana16Dined on 5/10/2014Service, as always, was excellent.................................................................................................................................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- P-Town happy hourtsunamiVIPDined on 5/9/2014Great price value happy hour and also late night after 10 pm happy hour specials during the weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good food & wineRestaurantExlporerDined on 5/8/2014Totally enjoyed this place. The waiter was extremely helpful, and the servers were on top of things. The food was extremely good and the wine we had was perfect. I had questions about a few wines - the waiter offered me a taste of each. Nice! We've made reservations to return next month to try different dishes and more wines!Special Features:
- Good food, good service but noisymcthomDined on 5/7/2014We enjoyed a delicious dinner with friends in the back garden room. However, since we were last in the restaurant, several years ago, a sport bar has been added. So it may be a good place to drink with friends, but it was pretty noisy for a birthday dinner. I would request a table in the front if you want it quieter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean DelightSymphonyTicketsVIPDined on 4/28/2014Grilled octopus appetizer was the best anyone in our group of three had tasted. Entrees included an Israeli couscous salad, Talas (a sort of greek pot pie) and a beet salad with a lamb skewer. Uniformly tasty!Special Features:
- Trendy and Casual settingMojitoMamaDined on 4/27/2014The place was easy to find. The parking is behind the restaurant. We were seated immediately. The ambience is just right. We were seated close to where we could watch our food get cooked. There were four of us in our group and everyone enjoyed their dishes including the dessert. I found the food healthy and less salty which is always a relief. The street is beautiful for an after dinner walk.Special Features:
- Fantastic night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Our date night couldn't have been better. From the food to the service to the ambiance this place had it all. We would absolutely recommend this place to a friend and we are already planning our next visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spices!evesinner2Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I love to bring friends here for lunch and dinner, because we know we will always have wonderful food, great service, and fantastic wine choices. The spices in all dishes are truly amazing, very exotic but flavorful and interesting. Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Turkish delightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014My wife and I dined there for her birthday. The food and service were outstanding, and the prices are very reasonable. We are sure to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!DinerDined on 4/5/2014Four of us ordered something different and everyone was pleased.Special Features:
- The salads are wonderful!foodieDined on 4/4/2014The salads are wonderful! This this a fantastic place for lunch. I love the back atrium. It's sunny and fun.Special Features:
- Very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/26/2014Had a very good meal in the back room; beautiful room. Great service and very good meal at reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!FoodieVIPDined on 3/22/2014I accidentally booked this restaurant thinking it was a different one and when we got there, I was totally surprised! We like the layout, we got a great window view, the food was delicious, service a little slow but friendly! We can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- detailsporkersDined on 3/21/2014The food is outstanding with many unique flavors, along with beautiful presentation. Service was excellent and consistent each time we have been there.Special Features:
- Tasty creative dishes andHungrygurlDined on 3/14/2014Tasty creative dishes and attentive service. Comfortable environment. Nice selections between salads, pasta, seafood and more. Only shortcoming would be lack of appetizers for those of cutting back on bread/carbs. Wanted to try the hummus but only offered with pita. A veggie & hummus would be nice. Still, small squabble. Nice place to enjoy a fresh yummy lunch with friends or business associates. I would come back for sure. The salads alone are amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMJBagsVIPDined on 3/1/2014We sampled a number of dishes and all were excellent. Lokanta was a great find.Special Features:
- lamb burgersMediterraneanDined on 3/1/2014I had the lamb burger. The only dissapointment was the bun. It was a sesame bun and for price it should have been better. The presentation was of a fast food burger. So won't order that againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lokanta Smashes Ethnic Food SceneEDUBBSDined on 2/23/2014Lokanta is a welcome addition and brilliant star of Pleasanton's downtown area. The food is healthy, innovative, and astoundingly tasty. There is no doubt in my mind that the people in the kitchen and in the back room know exactly what they are doing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative InterpretationsHIghFlyerVIPDined on 2/21/2014We enjoyed our birthday lunch here! The server was friendly and competent. We loved the food, which is interesting versions of Mediterranean ingredients. The stuffed apricot dessert was a surprise. Wasn't expecting much but it was delicious. We will return and try other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely recommendpiwacketDined on 2/20/2014Enjoyed a nice evening catching up with family. We had heard so much about the lamb burgers so tried it - it was delicious, and I do not usually go for lamb. Service was great and waiter was knowledgable about the menu. Would recommend it and would like to go back!Special Features:
- Service is EverythinghmoreDined on 2/16/2014Unfortunately what began on a positive note, degraded into a miserable experience due to very poor service. We were put in the back room by the bar and we seemed to have pretty good service. We got our wine quickly and ordered our appetizers, which were really good. It went downhill from there. After that, we got absolutely ZERO attention and our waiter never came by to take our entree order. He was doubling as the bartender. We had to ask for more pita bread for the appetizer because there wasn't enough to start with (which they charged us for). Deciding we'd had enough, rather than begging to order our entree, we asked for our bill, paid it and left.
- This small restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2014This small restaurant was excellent. A great salmon dish, and very good flaming Halloumi cheese and a tasty flatbread. Service was wonderful. Drinks were pricey, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantHichDined on 2/15/2014I'll definitely come back here again. Delicious food, great service and nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a quiet night out for 2smjimDined on 2/15/2014Had reservations at 6pm for 2 on a Sat night. Main room of restaurant all set for tables of 4 to 6. So we were ushered back to the bar room where tables of 2 are packed like sardines. When we asked about being moved we were told they could not accommodate our request. Then we watched the tables sit empty for the entire time we were there. Serve staff was fantastic and the food was good.
- Incredible choice.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I picked this spot for a special Valentine's dinner. I was completed pleased with the entire staff, and especially our serve Fevzi. I was also very impressed by the speed of the meal preparation, and the attentiveness of everyone. I can't wait to return as soon as next week. No more traveling to Walnut Creek for Mediterranean, as I can drive to Main Street here in Pleasanton. Hands down great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerDeborahDined on 2/14/2014Not only was the food superb, the waiter (a gracious Turk who really knew his menu and wine) provided over the top service. I personally would eat there every day if I could. The octopus salad was superb, the Talas (chicken meat and vege with philo) was incredible. The wine list was nice and varied.Special Features:
- Must try -RemTarDined on 2/12/2014My wife and I have eaten here many times since they opened. The food is consistently excellent. While there is a clear Turkish/Mediterranian character to the menu, it's not overly exotic with good choices for more conservative eaters and vegetarians. Portion size is just right; wine list is well thought out and there is a full bar if fine wine is not your choice of libation. We bring small groups here often, and everyone has enjoyed it. It's also our personal favorite restaurant when the two of us eat out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite restaurant!momsterVIPDined on 1/31/2014We came on the spur of the moment last weekend. Could only get a seat at the bar, but the food was SO good, the drinks were great, and we really enjoyed the bartender. Came back this weekend and were not disappointed. Favorites (so far) are the Talas and the Flaming Hellumi Cheese appetizer. Yum! The evening's specials were very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisittonicDined on 1/27/2014I picked this place by looking at the menu's of Restaurants in the area on Open Table and liked the options. There were 5 of us and everyone selected something diffrent, we all enjoyed what we had ordered and are planning to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeTravisDined on 1/21/2014We moved here recently and needed to find a good place to go for dinner. We found thee place to go for dinner. The staff is amazing and the food even better. From the ever-smiling owner who greets you as soon as you walk in to the knowledgable and personable staff that make sure your experience is delightful, this is the place to be. We are already making excuses to go out to dinner again. Because it is Friday is a good excuse, right?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good service and all aroJeffVIPDined on 1/17/2014Good food, good service and all around a nice place to eat dinner. For sure go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a difference a server can makeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014This was my second time eating here. The first time we had a friendly server not this time...When seated I asked the server if dish washing was almost completed since the smell of detergent was very strong and was told that "we wash dishes and glasses all night long" as she walked away from us. I made a reservation and there were so many tables vacant I wondered why an offer of changing tables to the front room wasn't offered. When ordering my food I mentioned that the last time I had eaten here I asked for my salmon to be prepared garlic free and was told okay. My two friends ordered the salmon as well and their entrees came out ten minutes before mine. The server placed my plate down and said apologies from the kitchen. Really?
- Great food, Great drinks!CorinneDined on 1/15/2014We went to Lokanta for our weekly date night and were very pleased. I consider myself a foodie because I observe what I'm eating closely and I'm picky. Well, at Lokanta I enjoyed my dish very much. My husband enjoyed his dish too. I had the braised short ribs with mushroom risotto and my husband had the mousaka because he loves eggplant. We would reorder these dishes again! They were delicious. We will be returning to Lokanta for another date night in the future!Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/11/2014Love this restaurant. Great Mediterranean food along with great service. Wait staff is very friendly. Well priced. Good value. Near the Pleasanton farmers market. Have lunch and then go shopping for fresh fruits and vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively eveningAcedVIPDined on 1/10/2014Good food and service. Customers that we were seated next to were very loud which made a loud room even worse. Couldn't wait to finish our dinner and leave which was too bad, the apps (octopus and hummus) and dinners (mousakka and veal) were very tasty but somewhat ruined by our obnoxious neighbors.Special Features:
- We always have a great experienceMontana16Dined on 1/10/2014We always have a great experience at Lokanta. Customer service is exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/6/2014Everything we ate at lokanta was very good. Our food came quickly and the staff were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best greek!KaileighDined on 1/3/2014My Boyfriend and I were in Plesanton to check out a car and were looking for a good place to eat after we were done, I searched on my Open Table app and found this place had great reviews so we stopped by! We were seated at the bar sice we arrived early on a friday but it was cool to see the chefs prepare our food. Overall food was great and so was the service! Our favorite of our meal was the spinach & feta wrapped in filo SO scrumtious! Our server was fantastic! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.