1423 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.logantavern.com/
- Phone: (202) 332-3710
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Andy Phan, Events Coordinator, email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Andy Phan for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Phan 2026176869x
- Special Events: Contact Andy Phan, Events Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Between 14th and 15th
- Public Transit: 5 blocks east of Dupont Circle. 6 blocks south of U St. 6 blocks north of McPherson Square.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking – 1515 15th St. NW
Entrance at 15th and P St. NW. between Lululemon & Pitango
8/Hr. $15 Max.
Mon-Thurs, 7 am – 12 am
Fri, 7 am – 2 am
Sat, 10 am – 2 am
Sun, 10 am – 12 am
A word from Logan Tavern
It is a common criticism that Washington, D.C., where chains, steakhouses, and take-out joints abound, lacks restaurants that combine great food, friendly prices, and a hip atmosphere. Logan Tavern puts this tragic shortcoming to rest. Located in the dynamic Logan Circle neighborhood, Logan Tavern is a neighborhood restaurant and bar that"s as perfect for a quick weekday bite as it is for a Friday night out with friends. Come by for dinner, lunch, happy hour, or our great weekend brunch for some comfort food with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Logan Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (66)good for groups (50)great for outdoor dining (34)great for brunch (32)great for lunch (26)fit for foodies (23)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (14)special occasion (7)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Brunch ChoicesgaldcVIPDined on 11/9/2014Went for a Sunday brunch and was pleased that they offered lunch choices as well as brunch. Had Great bloody marys followed by delicious fresh salmon sandwiches. French fries were excellent.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Great spot for brunch if you are in Area. And French Toast is really good.Special Features:
- Another positive experienceDCLindaDined on 11/6/2014I've eaten in both dining rooms and at the bar, and I've always had a great meal. The "back" room is the best for having a conversation in a group, as the noise level is much lower (you're away from the bar!). Staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. All in all it was a great way to enjoy a meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/Service for Tough CrowdPattiVIPDined on 11/6/2014Our server, Megan, was outstanding. She was focused on ensuring that our needs were met and we made a number of special requests. She made excellent recommendations and brought out special orders exactly as ordered. When we hesitated about the soup of the day, Megan offered a taste to help with the decision. The turkey sausage and kale soup was delicious. The food was flavorful, well-prepared and attractively plated. Courses were served in a timely manner, leaving us lots of extra time to get to the theater.Special Features:
- Love this placenicknameVIPDined on 11/2/2014I love love love this place. With all the new restaurants and everything popping up, you always know you will get great food and great service and creative drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchbniemiecVIPDined on 11/2/2014I had the pulled pork Benedict, which was inventive and very good. My wife had the veggie Benedict, which she actually raved about. One guest at our table received an omelet that she felt was cold. They took it away and delivered a new one in very short order. What's more, they took it off the bill. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Reliably good...DaisyVIPDined on 10/28/2014I first went to Logan Tavern for a large group birthday dinner, then for brunch with a couple friends, and most recently dinner w a colleague - each time the service has been good, the food excellent, and the atmosphere warm and inviting. It is a fun relaxed place, and the food is inventive without being fussy, fresh and tasty. The lamb burger is very good, the salads are crunchy and fresh, and the appetizers are very good and not too large so you cant eat your entree' . All in all, a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, odd servicekrowVIPDined on 10/9/2014The food and drinks were good, and the ambiance is very nice (hip but comfortable) but I had what feels like kind of an odd experience. Our waiter spilled my glass of wine - spilled enough of it that he had to run to get towels to mop it up and commented on the fact that the glasses are wobbly - but did not offer to give me a new glass or even refill the amount that he spilled. He was otherwise lovely, but I really couldn't believe he dumped my drink and did nothing about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodJaniceDined on 10/8/2014Logan Tavern has become our office birthday lunch place. The tables are not so crowded together as most places, which makes for good conversation. The menu has something for everyone and everything is always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort food with classMackDined on 10/2/2014I'm a creature of habit, so it's hard to pass up the southern fried chicken or meatloaf. They used to have awesome crab cakes, but they're gone from the menu. Very tasty salads. Garlic mashed potatoes. Hands down, the cooked greens are my favorite--one of these days I'm going to order sides of spinach, chard and brussel sprouts and forget the entre. Yum.Then I'd actually have room for one of their desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in Logan CircleMarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 10/2/2014Casual, intimate, comfortable dining with family and friends! Great food and attentive waiters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Logan Circle Gemluv2eatVIPDined on 9/28/2014Always happy to return to Logan Tavern for a email. This time it was a fine brunch one Sunday. I've never been disappointed by the food or service. I keep coming back since I moved here in 2007.Special Features:
- BrunchjessplaciDined on 9/27/2014BEST BLOODY MARYS EVER! A little bit of older crowd, so if you want a wilder brunch maybe not the moveSpecial Features:
- BRIENDABriendaDined on 9/26/2014Logan Tavern was a really enjoyable dining experience. Our waiter was very engaging & recommended some interesting local dishes. The bacon-wrapped, stuffed dates were fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and lovely servicesnapperDined on 9/24/2014I love the chicken entree, parmesan grits. Appetizer wasn't as great. Service was lovely. Really nice people.Special Features:
- Great Group Lunch VenueJaniceDined on 9/23/2014My office has had several birthday lunches at Logan Tavern. Unlike so many restaurants who cram tables and leave little room to get in/out of your seat, not to mention having to hear other conversations, the table placement leaves an incredibly generous amount of room -- allowing you to avoid such hassle. The service is top-notch and the food is consistently delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful Servicemslanee1VIPDined on 9/22/2014The service here was amazing. From the moment we walked in the door to we were treated wonderfully. The happy hours wine was only 4 dollars and better than the house wine I have had at the last 10 restaurants Ive been to. The food was just okay. Maybe we ordered the wrong menu items but we were not blown away.Special Features:
- Great brunch with two under 2OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014My wife and I grabbed brunch there with our two kids (16 months and 7 weeks) this past Sunday. Not only was the food good, the service was exceptional. They were so accommodating of our little ones. Definitely a place to go for good brunch if you have kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal and service!WillPVIPDined on 9/17/2014Each course was delicious. Can't recommend the buffalo shrimp appetizer enough! Ethan, our waiter, was very thoughtful and responsive to our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clarendonDined on 9/14/2014Pleasant casual dining before attending Studio Theater performance.
- Delicious and Great AtmosphereSuzieDined on 9/13/2014I made a reservation for 20 people (though 13 showed up) and they were very accommodating. It was a surprise dinner for my boyfriend and they were very understanding about about us showing up an hour late. The server even split the checks for us! The food was delicious. I recommend the gnocchi, salmon, and fried chicken! But everyone enjoyed their dishes. Great spot for occasions, and even a low key nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menu, food not as goodlocalVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our go to place before Studio Theatre for years. The new menu offers lower quality and higher priced foods. The salads are soggy with dressing, the fish overcooked. Too bad. The servers and staff are wonderful and quick as usual.
- Good and Efficient10104VIPDined on 9/11/2014We had tickets for Studio Theater and Logan Tavern is convenient, efficient and good - glad we sat outside 'cause the inside gets noisy Food was reasonably priced with good selections - service was very good and I like when the server tells the price of the specials as he relates them - all in all, pleasant start to an enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Reliable Brunch SpotDCFoodieDined on 9/6/2014The bloody mary bar is AMAZING! I brought my parents here for that reason alone. They were very accommodating when we showed up a bit early and had no problem tacking on an extra person. The waitress was energetic and met all of our needs. She had excellent recommendations and brought all food out in a timely fashion. The food is always good here and this past weekend was no exception. The breakfast BLT was to die for the the mushroom omelet was perfect. I will always come back for more at Logan Tavern.Special Features:
- Post-Studio diningFormerFedVIPDined on 9/4/2014Dropped in after a disappointing evening at the Studio Theatre a half-block away. The friendly service at Logan Tavern perked us up. My girlfriend "mezed" on three appetizers: the delicious Buffalo Shrimp, spicy calamari, and a goat cheese salad. I got the Lamb Burger, which came well done as requested. She wished we could have dined outside, but noise restrictions close the sidewalk seating at 9:30 PM. We were again puzzled, but not seriously inconvenienced, by the Tavern's refusal to serve doubles. We will return, hopefully after a better play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Logan TavernJobenDined on 8/20/2014We were to go at the Birch and Barley, but we changed our minds at the last minute since we had already gone to the Churchkey (same owners). We had a pleasant dinner at the Logan's Tavern, quite busy for a Wednesday evening! Thanks to Camille, our waiter, she was wonderful and so energetic. We enjoyed our dinner except for my overcooked steak. All the rest was super and we were delighted. Veny nice spot and nice employees. We would give a high 3.5*.
- molto carinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Personale cortese, cibo made in usa di qualità e location carina e accogliente, meglio se mangiate se fuori perché dentro l'aria condizionata è esagerata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceHungryGirlDined on 8/18/2014Logan Tavern is an amazing place for good food and memorable service. I would recommend better plating, but over all a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and gracious serviceDCDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to Logan Tavern as part of a summer project to try to find the best fried chicken in DC. The chicken was great and so was the rest of the food. And unlike many other places, this restaurant is very accommodating. You can substitute one vegetable for another, and if you split a salad, they'll split it for you. Also -- noise level perfect. You can converse without shouting. The neighborhood is fun, too.Special Features:
- StevepDined on 8/3/2014Nice atmosphere, and kid friendly. Attentive waitstaff. The food was delicious, with the exception of the Swiss chard served with the salmon. Too salty, otherwise a great place.Special Features:
- Family Dining While Visiting DCFloridaDiner62Dined on 7/31/2014My family (husband & 2 kids) and I visited the restaurant will on vacation in DC. Upon our arrival we were immediately seated. The waitress was extremely attentive to our needs. The kids menu had a wonderful selection, my children enjoyed the grilled cheese & steak. We enjoyed the dates appetizer. The waitress asked if that is when we prefer to have the kids meal served. We enjoyed selections from their beer and mix drink menu. I would recommend the pineapple infused vodka. I order and enjoyed the eggplant panni & grits. My husband enjoyed the steak with a side of potatoes. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the DC area with our without children. The staff is extremely attentive and the food is extremely pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken paillardOrlandoVIPDined on 7/29/2014I was there with a group of six and four of us gravitated to the Chicken Paillard which was unanimously enjoyed! We sat outside in what was a gorgeous summer night in Washington, DC. Logan Tavern has a moderately priced wine list. We enjoyed the Cloudy Bay, sauvignon blanc, which is always a favorite of mine. Logan Tavern is rarely disappointing. They are a dependable neighborhood staple.Special Features:
- notiDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food. The menu is limited but all delicious!Special Features:
- great foodnottooparticularDined on 7/25/2014everything we had was absolutely delicious. the menu is interesting without being too weird.
- The following 374 reviews are from the Logan Tavern reviews archive.
- foodloverhannahDined on 7/12/2014Very good! Loved the entire meal and the service with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable and good!BrentVIPDined on 7/5/2014Just a great place to go where you can depend on great food. The boneless fried chicken is yummy!Special Features:
- Great food and service!ViaVDined on 6/29/2014Our poor waitress had to deal with us! We originally had a reservation for 9, and 12 people ended up coming. She was so so accommodating and very friendly and patient. The food was amazing and their "make your own" Bloody Mary's were insane. Loved it all! Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch!!celticgrl67Dined on 6/29/2014Mussells were great and food and service will be back!!!Special Features:
- Great Find!MacEatsDined on 6/26/2014You have to try the Calamari. The best and most interesting we've tasted. Service very good and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better and better.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/24/2014Logan was one of the first new good restaurants in the area, and maintained itself... But lately it's just gotten BETTER! Fresh farm ingredients and a creative menu make choosing what to have each visit difficult.Special Features: