1423 P St. NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.logantavern.com/
- Phone: 2023323710x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Andy Phan, Events Coordinator, email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Andy Phan for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Phan 2026176869x
- Special Events: Contact Andy Phan, Events Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Between 14th and 15th
- Public Transit: 5 blocks east of Dupont Circle. 6 blocks south of U St. 6 blocks north of McPherson Square.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Colonial Parking – 1515 15th St. NW
Entrance at 15th and P St. NW. between Lululemon & Pitango
8/Hr. $15 Max.
Mon-Thurs, 7 am – 12 am
Fri, 7 am – 2 am
Sat, 10 am – 2 am
Sun, 10 am – 12 am
A word from Logan Tavern
It is a common criticism that Washington, D.C., where chains, steakhouses, and take-out joints abound, lacks restaurants that combine great food, friendly prices, and a hip atmosphere. Logan Tavern puts this tragic shortcoming to rest. Located in the dynamic Logan Circle neighborhood, Logan Tavern is a neighborhood restaurant and bar that"s as perfect for a quick weekday bite as it is for a Friday night out with friends. Come by for dinner, lunch, happy hour, or our great weekend brunch for some comfort food with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Logan Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (80)great for outdoor dining (61)great for brunch (56)good for groups (45)great for lunch (39)fit for foodies (36)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (18)special occasion (10)late-night find (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Logan TavernJobenDined on 8/20/2014We were to go at the Birch and Barley, but we changed our minds at the last minute since we had already gone to the Churchkey (same owners). We had a pleasant dinner at the Logan's Tavern, quite busy for a Wednesday evening! Thanks to Camille, our waiter, she was wonderful and so energetic. We enjoyed our dinner except for my overcooked steak. All the rest was super and we were delighted. Veny nice spot and nice employees. We would give a high 3.5*.
- molto carinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Personale cortese, cibo made in usa di qualità e location carina e accogliente, meglio se mangiate se fuori perché dentro l'aria condizionata è esagerata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceHungryGirlDined on 8/18/2014Logan Tavern is an amazing place for good food and memorable service. I would recommend better plating, but over all a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and gracious serviceDCDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014We went to Logan Tavern as part of a summer project to try to find the best fried chicken in DC. The chicken was great and so was the rest of the food. And unlike many other places, this restaurant is very accommodating. You can substitute one vegetable for another, and if you split a salad, they'll split it for you. Also -- noise level perfect. You can converse without shouting. The neighborhood is fun, too.Special Features:
- StevepDined on 8/3/2014Nice atmosphere, and kid friendly. Attentive waitstaff. The food was delicious, with the exception of the Swiss chard served with the salmon. Too salty, otherwise a great place.Special Features:
- Family Dining While Visiting DCFloridaDiner62Dined on 7/31/2014My family (husband & 2 kids) and I visited the restaurant will on vacation in DC. Upon our arrival we were immediately seated. The waitress was extremely attentive to our needs. The kids menu had a wonderful selection, my children enjoyed the grilled cheese & steak. We enjoyed the dates appetizer. The waitress asked if that is when we prefer to have the kids meal served. We enjoyed selections from their beer and mix drink menu. I would recommend the pineapple infused vodka. I order and enjoyed the eggplant panni & grits. My husband enjoyed the steak with a side of potatoes. I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the DC area with our without children. The staff is extremely attentive and the food is extremely pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken paillardOrlandoVIPDined on 7/29/2014I was there with a group of six and four of us gravitated to the Chicken Paillard which was unanimously enjoyed! We sat outside in what was a gorgeous summer night in Washington, DC. Logan Tavern has a moderately priced wine list. We enjoyed the Cloudy Bay, sauvignon blanc, which is always a favorite of mine. Logan Tavern is rarely disappointing. They are a dependable neighborhood staple.Special Features:
- notiDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food. The menu is limited but all delicious!Special Features:
- great foodnottooparticularDined on 7/25/2014everything we had was absolutely delicious. the menu is interesting without being too weird.
- foodloverhannahDined on 7/12/2014Very good! Loved the entire meal and the service with a smile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable and good!BrentDined on 7/5/2014Just a great place to go where you can depend on great food. The boneless fried chicken is yummy!Special Features:
- Great food and service!ViaVDined on 6/29/2014Our poor waitress had to deal with us! We originally had a reservation for 9, and 12 people ended up coming. She was so so accommodating and very friendly and patient. The food was amazing and their "make your own" Bloody Mary's were insane. Loved it all! Definitely going back.Special Features:
- Wonderful Brunch!!celticgrl67Dined on 6/29/2014Mussells were great and food and service will be back!!!Special Features:
- Great Find!MacEatsDined on 6/26/2014You have to try the Calamari. The best and most interesting we've tasted. Service very good and fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better and better.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/24/2014Logan was one of the first new good restaurants in the area, and maintained itself... But lately it's just gotten BETTER! Fresh farm ingredients and a creative menu make choosing what to have each visit difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014good service friendly staff creative dishes not too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummylunchforworkVIPDined on 6/15/2014Logan Tavern was great. it had a relaxed atmosphere but you could make it a date night too. food was amazing. all the food was cooked to order and all the flavors went together well. the brownie sunday was super yummy. i would definitely go back when we visit DC again!Special Features:
- MehWhitmanVIPDined on 6/14/2014Ketchup I was given was fermenting after I poured it our of the bottle - gross. Friend's food had a hair in it - gross. They replaced his meal and gave me a new bottle of ketchup but I won't be in a rush to return.
- Nice Eating OutsideJeffVIPDined on 6/11/2014The people scenery was good outside, and the food is always very good. The service was very attentive, as usual. I like this place.Special Features:
- Great kale saladPointhoarderVIPDined on 6/9/2014Had the lamb burger and the pulled pork sandwich. Both were good. Also liked the kale Caesar. Calamari was a little dry.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioustravelingfoodieDined on 6/6/2014My boyfriend and I were on our first trip to DC and we decided to go to Logan Square for dinner. It did not disappointment, an excellent menu fit for all, my boyfriend more of a meat eater love the burgers while I loved the portabella mushroom sandwich. TIP** EAT THE BREAD WITH BUTTER! The butter there is fantastic!Special Features:
- Great relaxing placeClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 5/31/2014one of my fav Dc places. Relaxing, casual (upscale nice). All Servers are wonderful to deal with. Food-Outstanding. Greta starts the dates in bacon are a Must! Dinner with guests were Lamb burgers, staek, mahi mahi and The Meatloaf! Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spot!YummersDined on 5/31/2014The "Best" French toast on the brunch menu was absolutely amazing. I couldn't get enough of it! This is definitely a great spot for lunch. The drinks are great and so is the food. I will definitely come back here again to indulge in some delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Best brunch I've had in DC!BethVIPDined on 5/26/2014I normally never go back to write a review, but Logan Tavern was so good, I had to give my two cents! My friend and I were looking for a brunch spot on Memorial Day that we could bring her dog to and ending up choosing Logan Tavern. I got there 45 minutes early and was immediately seated at a perfect spot right by the railing. The waiter was so awesome and accommodating, he even brought out a puppy water dish! I'm a vegetarian, and the waiter was able to help me get the dish I wanted. Favorite thing about Logan Tavern's brunch: Make your own Bloody Mary menu! The choices are fun and the Bloodys we concocted were so delicious! Don't miss this place!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent pub foodartemisiaDined on 5/24/2014Ate at Logan Tavern on a Saturday evening with mixed success. We ordered the gazpacho soup, the portabello and eggplant sandwich and a grilled burger with mushrooms. We didn't care for the gazpacho soup - one of the spices was overpowering and not to our liking. The house salad was standard in its ingredients but it was cold and the veggies crisp - always a plus. The burger was quite tasty and was cooked well. The only downside was that it was very greasy. The portabello sandwich was very good. Waitstaff was pleasant and attentive. I would eat at Logan again for a quick bite.
- Poor Serci eFB0037FoodieVIPDined on 5/21/2014I have normally had decent to very good service at Logan Tavern, but this time both the trainee and the regular server did not meet standards, most notably was how difficult it was to get our glasses of water refilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningreaderDined on 5/20/2014Nice place for dinner with friends on a weeknight evening. Great grilled vegetable sandwich.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/19/2014Arrived on time and was seated right away. We ordered the calamari which was greasy and lacked taste. I ordered my favorite dish, chopped salad with chicken. Usually it is very good, but this time the chicken was over cooked. Another friend had a salad with berries and enjoyed it very much. My partner had a pasta salad that had no presentation and tasted like paste. In the past I have had the fried chicken which is excellent. I believe the quality of the food has declined over the years. However, I will go again and hope for better results.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- large birthday dinnermainesqueezeDined on 5/19/2014We enjoyed our experience celebrating a birthday at Logan Tavern. The service was patient, friendly and helpful. Noise level was perfect - we didn't feel alone, but had no problem hearing people speak at the other end of the table. Food was decent. I'd definitely recommend for large group dinners. Our party size was 10.Special Features:
- unexpectedly leisurely brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/18/2014loved the bloody mary bar, decent brunch food, but slooooow service despite not being very busy. for a place that is borderline obnoxious warning you how they'll give away your table if your group isn't all there on time, they sure took their own sweet time with everything elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation dinnerCincyTomDined on 5/17/2014Logan Tavern did a great job of taking care of a graduation night family dinner. We were 10 in number and the restaurant took very good care of us. We had two servers covering our table. The food and atmosphere was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ReliableGarethVIPDined on 5/14/2014Logan Tavern has fair prices and good food. It is a reliable choice, if it is not too crowded. Off-peak is the best time to enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/8/2014Just a comment that in the two days between making the reservation and dining, the restaurant asked for an email confirmation two times as well as phoning me two times to confirm a reservation for 4 at 5:30 pm on a weekday. The 4th contact was while we were seated and the hostess called to ask if we were going to keep our reservation. I told her to turn around and then I waved. This angst from them seemed a bit much with a small group, a relatively empty dining room, and the time of day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchBillDined on 5/4/2014I grabbed a late lunch before catching my flight home. The table outside was perfect. Superlative service and good food. The lamb burger was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 349 reviews are from the Logan Tavern reviews archive.
- GreatunionlawyerDined on 4/28/2014Excellent food, an ability to accomodate special diet needs and great service in a restaurant with a neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- Best Chicken Wing Sauce in DCBethVIPDined on 4/26/2014While the meat of the chicken wings is not always superb, Logan Tavern definitely has the best chicken wing sauce in DC.Special Features:
- Dinner with a FriendReviewer12345VIPDined on 4/25/2014The chopped salad was filling and the cheesecake was amazing. I was catching up with a friend and at the two hour mark they let us know a reservation would be arriving soon. It was awkward, but I wasn't surprised since it was a Friday night.
- What an unexpected findluv2eatoutVIPDined on 4/22/2014I had never been to Logan Tavern before. From the outside it did not look like much and when I walked into a very loud and crowded bar scene that seemed to dominate the dinning room I was taken aback. Then I was brought to a back room which was quiet and lovely. How wonderful to have this refuge and choice of settings. The food was also an unexpected delight. I ordered the chicken and it was superb. My friend ordered the salmon and said the same thing. We had tickets for Theatre J and this was a nice distance to walk to make it in time for the curtain.Special Features:
- Delicious dinner at Logan Tavern.pastaqueenDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I had a delicious dinner with our two adult children at Logan Tavern. The menu was especially good, with a varied selection that appealed to all of us. We began with three delicious appetizers and moved on to a variety of entrees, although my husband had another two appetizers as his main course. We especially liked the Chicken Paillard, the mussels, and the daily special of pork ribs. The vegetarians among us loved their entree Chopped Salads. The only problem with the restaurant is the parking which is nonexistent. Be sure to allow a lot of extra time to find a place (in our case, blocks away).Special Features:
- Good food - fun for a groupfoodlovahDined on 4/14/2014Glad we chose this hotel for a large group dining in DC - Good burgers, friendly staff - great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.