6451 E Millcreek Canyon
Salt Lake City, UT 84109Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.log-haven.com/
- Phone: 8012728255
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: Begin seating at 5:30 p.m. with last seating at 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday - Sunday from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Special Events: Enjoy a 2 course dinner for only $27.50, when you place your order before 6:30 p.m. Southwestern Caesar salad, Pan Seared prime center cut Top Sirloin - glace de veau, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetable & served with Maine Lobster Tail and drawn butter.
Live Music - Thursday thru Sunday beginning at 6:30 p.m.
A word from Log Haven
Log Haven, long synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and fine canyon dining, is located in a historic log mansion in the Wasatch National Forest, minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Consistently honored with the most national and local awards in the industry: Best Utah Restaurant, Best Salt Lake Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the coveted Hall of Fame Award. “This is the highest honor we can give a restaurant in Utah. It means that besides having great food, terrific ambiance and passionate people, something magical has happened to make this restaurant so consistently excellent on all fronts that it thrives as an inspiration to everyone in the business.” -Salt Lake MagazineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Log Haven reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)romantic (114)special occasion (106)great for outdoor dining (85)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (42)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- A FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2014Love to dine at Log Haven any time of the year, but especially when we can sit on the patio. The food is delicious. Service this time was particularly great.Special Features:
- Best romantic dinner spotnickDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful, creative delicious food, exemplary service, and the most beautiful setting in SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2014This is a place worth going out for. I love to cook and when I dine out I want something better than I can cook or something you really don't want toor can't cook at home. This fit the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Getawaymaestro74Dined on 9/8/2014Just a short drive from downtown Salt Lake City, Log Haven's beautiful scenery is matched by it's delicious menu. There is a lovely waterfall just across the way and the forest setting is perfect for a delightful evening. From the appetizers (oh those carrots!) to dessert (the chocolate mint cheesecake is divine!) you will be delighted.Special Features:
- Beautiful butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Unique location and great ambiance. Food was not up to par for the price.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.AlpineDinersClubDined on 9/3/2014We didn't realize the restaurant is located 3 miles into the Wasatch National Forest past the guard house, but the Forest Ranger assured us to keep going & the restaurant would validate our entrance fee on the way out. We got there early and so we had the best seat in the house overlooking the waterfall across the road. Food was served very professionally by knowledgeable staff who were attentive but did not hover. We enjoyed the meal and felt like we got what we expected for around $75 pp. Very nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I couldn't have asked for a better restaurant for our anniversary! The whole atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:
- LegalkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014All around wonderful. Food perfect. Service fantastic. Only issue , we where there for early afternoon dinner on a hot day. No AC in dinning room and way too hot and buggy outside. Can't expect much more in the remote mountain setting. Perfect for a letter night dinner in a very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance is great, food is goodLocalgalDined on 8/28/2014Some unusual flavor combinations - spicy calamari, elk with waldorf salad. Different flavored oils used with each course. Ordinary ice cream choices - vanilla, chocolate, strawberry but convoluted desserts: chocolate mint cheesecake with peppermint ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Salt Lake GemlomowenDined on 8/26/2014We've been meaning to try Log Haven for years, but, for one reason or another, it just never happened. The atmosphere and view are outstanding! The meal offerings were unique and varied. We tried the tuna and buffalo steak, and both were delicious. The shared appetizer of carrots was a real treat. Our night out was a great experience.Special Features:
- A little on the pricey side for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We would've also liked a "normal" salad and a l more courses for our $. We had 2 people in our party, and we had 1 soft drink, 1 water, 1 spicy Caesar salad, offered 1 roll each, and our main course. It came to $111.00 including the tip. No appetizer, wine, or dessert included. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timespthjrDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I really enjoyed everything. Great food amazing service and even better view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Log Haven - UtahKen11RoseDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting Utah and wanted to find a special place for dinner. Log Haven certainly fit the bill. We selected an early reservation so that we would have a good view of the area. There is a wonderful waterfall that can be viewed from the dining room window. The piano player added a nice ambiance. The service was very good and I noticed that all of the wait staff seemed especially proficient. I will definitely recommend this place to others and will also return again if I am in the area.Special Features:
- Creative and Healthy FoodseekinggreatfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014We dined on the patio with views of the moon and a moss-laden waterfall. The chef's special was a spectacular grilled peach, arugula, fresh ricotta cheese with lemon zest salad ... the best we've ever eaten! Scallops with risotto and a perfectly designed salmon with crisp purple potatoes in a horseradish broth made this the best meal we have ever eaten in Salt Lake. Way to go Log Haven!Special Features:
- Log HavenKinzie01Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I are frequent diners and Log Haven is for sure in the top 5 of our list. It's was very romantic and the service was outstanding. I was chilly and they brought be a blanket, it was so lovely there. I would recommend for anyone! Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerHungryManDined on 8/15/2014Great place for a quiet, beautiful and dare I say "romantic" dinner. We arrived about an hour before sunset. Valet parking is nice since there is not a lot of places to self park without a hike. Staff was very attentive. They asked if we preferred outside on deck or inside. It was a little crowded outside. We chose indoors by a window. Oil burning lamp for atmosphere at our table. Food was fantastic, and just the right amount. Wonderful flavors, interesting combinations, but not so much you need to leave uncomfortable because you overate. We left after sundown, the valet service was prompt to bring our car around and help my wife with the door. They even provide a pass to to exit the canyon without paying the canyon fee.Special Features:
- Not 5 stars, but still good!Mixologist3000Dined on 8/15/2014As I looked over food recommendations the "nachos" were mentioned several times. So we ordered them. I was very disappointed they were dry & not what I had expected from the RAVE reviews. However, the tuna & filet were DELICIOUS!!! Our server seemed overwhelmed with describing the specials and took to long describing them. She was nice, but never smiled. I could see how it caters to an older crowd, since those were the only other customers there. We order a jack/sour & a dirty martini both of our drinks tasted terrible. I ordered a vodka tonic and it took 12 minutes to arrive. We loved the live piano and the ambiance was great, but the carpet has got to go. Wood floors would better suit the log cabin look they are trying to achieve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MyBrokenJeepDined on 8/12/2014Fantastic dinner! Wonderful and friendly service. Much recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinerDined on 8/12/2014Our group of four was there for a special occasion and was very pleased. We could not sit outside because of the torrential rain, but we could see how beautiful it was outside. We appreciated how quiet the restaurant was, a rare find today. Service was superb. Our only regret is that it would have been nicer to have a sommelier who could better guide us in the wine selection. We chose the wine the waiter said he liked very much, but we would have appreciated a better understanding of the choices. Overall, a very nice evening, and we will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularEasternersDined on 8/12/2014We were totally impressed with our waiter, Hartley. He was extremely knowledgeable and paced the courses perfectly. The food was nicely presented plus very good. The special appetizer for the evening was a tempura like battered cod. I give the appetizer 10 stars. Of course the coconut souffle was beautiful and delicious.Special Features:
- WonderfulromanticinterludeDined on 8/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the evening, as reflected in our recommendations above.lSpecial Features:
- Questionable Ducklondon182Dined on 8/10/2014We went to Log Haven for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. This was our first meal at Log Haven. I ordered the 'Pine Smoked Duck, Hand Cut Porcini Pappardelle, Forest mushrooms, Nettles, Pine nuts, Smoked parmesan with Port jus'. The server informed me that Nettles were out of season, so instead the chef used spinach. When my entree arrived, the food looked absolutely amazing! My first bite was an explosion of flavors. The only problem is, the 'duck' seemed more like pork to me. I'm not sure if this was due to the way the chef cooked and cut the meat that made it seem more like pork. Nonetheless, if it really was duck, then it should have been cooked more properly because every piece was a different size and tough. Not too pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfredo sauce needs cheeseRiverdruidDined on 8/9/2014I had the alfredo with zuccini ribbons. I'm pretty sure alfredo sauce should have cheese in it. This alfredo, however, did not. I was not impressed. The mint chocolate cheesecake was divine, though.Special Features:
- Anniversary Celebrationkatephil44Dined on 8/8/2014Recently celebrated our Anniversary at Log Haven after reading it was one of the most romantic places in the Salt Lake area and it didn't let us down, in fact it blew us away! There was a wedding going on which we thought might make it a bit chaotic, but the staff didn't miss a beat and the dining room was absolutely stunning with views of the waterfall out the window, not to mention secluded and quiet from the celebration. The wait staff was attentive and friendly. Best of all, the food exceeded our expectations. The scallops were seared to perfection and the desserts were like nothing we've had before. Would highly recommend for your next special occasion with a loved one. Thanks again Log Haven!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Erik or server rocks and deserves a raise. He was super helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and amazing sceneryChristine77084Dined on 8/7/2014I was visiting SLC and happened upon this lovely restaurant. I love the giant log cabin with it's storied history--you'll find it tucked in the canyon and spot it with the white Christmas light trim around the roof. The waiting area is filled with the sounds of a piano being played. If you can get a spot on the patio, it's a must on a nice day. There's a waterfall just in front of the restaurant that you can hear while you dine. The James Beard award winning chef does a great job--I had the chicken and the jalapeno cheddar grits were amazing! Great service, great food and amazing scenery! Self parking was a bit tough, but the valet saved the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation TimeapolloDined on 8/6/2014Although the food was great and the environment was stunning, I don't remember a time when I had to wait around so long for a reservation seat. Usually if I have a reservation, I will wait approximately 5 minutes before getting a table. I wasn't seated until 15-20 minutes after arriving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional on a busy evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014We visited Log Haven with an out-of-town guest when there was a convention in town. Very busy for a weeknight but the service and food - was as it always is - top notch. We appreciated the attentive service and exceptional cuisine by Chef Dave Jones. The grilled calamari was outstanding, as well as the chicken dish (oh my God those grits!). Outstanding wine list - very extensive with new selections every time I visit. Thank you for your consistency in excellence.Special Features:
- Great experience!LilCmacDined on 8/3/2014We dined at Log Haven recently for a birthday celebration. The food was outstanding as well as the signature cocktail and wine. It's a short drive up Millcreek and well worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best romantic dinner to date.criticalthinkerDined on 8/2/2014I took my wife here for her birthday, and it was amazing. The server was great, the ambiance and scenery was breathtaking. All of the staff were courteous and several of the employees wished my wife a happy birthday. I will definitely be coming back to this amazing restaurant.Special Features:
- Haven HeavenMwardVIPDined on 8/2/2014What a thrilling view of the conifer and the waterfall. Absolutely picturesque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good service *very* spottyFeedMeVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was in general quite good (not amazing, but good). Service was disappointing; it seemed like the staff was new to working at a restaurant. Orders did not come together. Dishes consistently served to wrong guest. Had to ask for more water, and bread. One dessert was served lopsided and collapsed (the Coconut Banana Souffle -- which by the way wasn't a souffle at all), and after serving it the waitress said "sorry that it doesn't look very nice, I can get you another one if you want." Who says that? Just don't serve it in the first place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful chefslcaweDined on 8/1/2014Food was inventive and delicious. Wonderful portions and every course was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mountain RestaurantHavenlyDined on 7/26/2014Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Service and Great Views!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing000hyaaaDined on 7/22/2014Dinner cost $130 without desert. But it was definitely a $200 experience and very much worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatSlawwichDined on 7/18/2014This was our second time at Log Haven. The restaurant staff were more reserved, and not as friendly. Our server was good, so no real issue. My folks and wife had the ribeye special. They ordered it medium well, which is far off from my choice of medium rare for steaks. Two of the three were tough, as could be sometimes for medium well. I had the soup special, which was a very complex carrot puree with shrimp and yogurt, etc. Simply amazing...they should adopt this soup as a regular menu item. My entrée was the bison. To be honest, it was too tough, and I know bison is very lean, and not much entrée for $34.50. Overall, good, but not great for the $235 bill for 4 people with tip.Special Features:
- Fantastic meal, fantastic settinglookingforgoodeatsDined on 7/13/2014We had a reservation for 7 and upon arrival they had a table ready for us outside as well as inside. We chose to dine outside as it was a beautiful evening and were not disapponted. The patio was delightful and once the sun sank low enough they pulled back the sun sail and we had a gorgeous view of the mountains. The veal and fettucine appetizer special as well as the nachos and chilled potato leek soup were wonderful. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their main courses, but I think the peppered filet was the best. I highly recommend this restaurant for both the location and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingSurfdaseaDined on 7/11/2014I have driven by this place many times while in the canyon and decided to take my best friend here for her birthday. It was magical and a birthday hit. The ambiance was amazing, the good was amazing, and the service was amazing! Hidden magical gem. I'm bring a date here for sure next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I wasn't too impressed with the food, the duck dish was actually kinda gross and the prices are a little high. But I think I rarely have good experiences with fancy places. I guess I'm just use to regular restaurants...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatbalancDined on 7/8/2014We got married at Log Haven and continue to dine there for our anniversary and randomly throughout the year. The food/wine list is consistently exciting and the staff is knowledgeable, polite, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.