6451 E Millcreek Canyon
Salt Lake City, UT 84109Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.log-haven.com/
- Phone: (801) 272-8255
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: Begin seating at 5:30 p.m. with last seating at 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday - Sunday from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Special Events: Enjoy a 2 course dinner for only $27.50, when you place your order before 6:30 p.m. Southwestern Caesar salad, Pan Seared prime center cut Top Sirloin - glace de veau, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetable & served with Maine Lobster Tail and drawn butter.
Live Music - Thursday thru Sunday beginning at 6:30 p.m.
A word from Log Haven
Log Haven, long synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and fine canyon dining, is located in a historic log mansion in the Wasatch National Forest, minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Consistently honored with the most national and local awards in the industry: Best Utah Restaurant, Best Salt Lake Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the coveted Hall of Fame Award. “This is the highest honor we can give a restaurant in Utah. It means that besides having great food, terrific ambiance and passionate people, something magical has happened to make this restaurant so consistently excellent on all fronts that it thrives as an inspiration to everyone in the business.” -Salt Lake MagazineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Log Haven reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (127)scenic view (120)special occasion (118)great for outdoor dining (72)fit for foodies (71)notable wine list (49)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Lovely eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014We had a fantastic evening with our family who came to visit from England and Argentina. We spent a quiet evening with gorgeous background music, incredibly professional staff, and wonderful food. The room was quiet and it was possible to maintain a lively conversation at our table of five adults. Log Haven is, hands down, our favorite restaurant in SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Log Haven had great food. Not a huge menu to choose from but they have a great chef that is changing up the menu monthly. Everything we had tasted delicious and I highly recommend Log Haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally wonderful!BridgetDined on 11/21/2014Log Haven is our favorite place to dine in the entire Salt Lake City area. Every time we go, we fall in love with the view, the ambience, the food, and the wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceFiveStarDinerDined on 11/21/2014The meal my wife and I enjoyed at Log Haven was very good. I was surprised to find the prices reasonable for such a classy place, and was especially pleased to find we qualified for the "early bird" specials; that was something we hadn't planned on but were delighted to receive. As good as the food was, the service was even better. Our server, Elise, was pleasant and helpful without being pushy, which sometimes happens at finer restaurants. We couldn't have been happier with her. We'll be back on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect settingFirstTimer2014Dined on 11/21/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Log Haven and enjoyed every minute of our first experience there. Our server walked us through the yummy specials and I especially loved the Italian soda. The pork chops were delicious. The pianist completed the night with some nice ballads. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special PlaceseekinggreatfoodVIPDined on 11/10/2014Met friends for dinner and sat in front of the fire for cocktails first. LOG HAVEN has been beautifully restored and welcomes you the moment you drive into the national forest. It was spectacular! We were all thrilled to discover that the chef is focusing on healthy and clean cuisine .. very little butter or cream .... and yet the flavors were intense and interesting. One of our guests is gluten intolerant and SURPRISE...most items on the menu are gluten free or can be easily adapted to be so. All in all...Log Haven truly deserves their Hall of Fame awards. Well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Lovely PlaceambianceDined on 11/10/2014The scenery is fantastic, the food original and amazing. Hartley was our waiter and he was hysterical yet so awesome. We were the last table and he turned up the music for us to finish our desert to Barry White....yep he was hysterical. Todd from the kitchen came to check how our food was and chat with us about our experience which made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dining with romantic viewbigmikeDined on 11/1/2014We loved the atmosphere and the service. The food was amazing and the view was a special surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- log haven at Halloweenwinenut30Dined on 10/30/2014Log haven for Halloween was great. Everyone was in the mood and dress. Food was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visited during Haunted HavenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/29/2014We came to Log Haven for their annual Haunted Haven. It's fun to dress in costumes and I really enjoyed the tarot readers (they take their job seriously!). They spend a lot of time decorating the restaurant and even had spooky music. But, my favorite part is always the food. The server said they had just introduced their new menu and we tried several items - like the chicken drumettes (wow that ginger slaw), duck confit and housemade sage pasta, and the yuba noodle and mushroom vegetarian entree. Hearty, tasty and amazing meals. Log Haven never disappoints! Thank you for a very fun event and a lovely evening.Special Features:
- the haunted haven was greatrubberlobsterDined on 10/29/2014But the lobster was over done and chewy. The stak was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic special-occassion placeLovinFoodDined on 10/26/2014The food was fantastic and the service was exceptional. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- highly recommend.MtnmanDined on 10/24/2014Beautiful surroundings, romantic, great food. It was a wonderful experience, I will definitely return again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid service, great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Service was outstanding, I was actually impressed. My wife enjoyed her dinner. My dinner was... well...Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014It was a wonderful experience. The food was super and the service was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is romantic, ok food.AmeatsoutDined on 10/23/2014The building and surroundings are beautiful. Very nice service. Food was fine, nothing special which was kind of disappointing. We eat out often and travel to big cities often. I wouldn't say it was up to par with some higher end places but it was good. We were hoping to have amazing food and were dispointed. Price seemed to be in line with other comparable restaurants. May go again for ambiance, will have a clear expectation about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/23/2014This is a great restraint. More then worth the drive for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day Celebration-10/23/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014There were 8 of us beautiful ladies celebrating a b-day of one in our group. Chef Dave is outstanding! Donnie, our waiter was great! We shared appetizers and vino. We were seated in a semi-private area which was lovely for us so we could carry-on a bit and not be too intrusive to others. Such a beautiful atmosphere! The food...fabulous and yummy sums it all up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent food. Chef Jones has some great creations on both the appetizer and entree lists. Dessert was good too. Wine list was adequate but not exceptional. The drink pours are small as is customary across the SLC area. Very nice location tucked away in the Cache mountain in the National Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HartleychaunteesangoDined on 10/16/2014Thank you for giving us such a wonderful experience, the table was under my husbands name but it was my surprise to him. He was taken back by the service & surroundings. Our server was Hartley and he was amazing, always there when we needed him but not there so much that our experience felt 'restaurant'. This was our first date night in over a year and we definetly made the right choice. It was so romantic, peaceful, and the food & wine was 5 star all the way. I'd recommend to anyone! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014i loved this place, the food was amazing, i tried the bison steak which is now my favorite steak. my wife ordered the sirloin with lobster tail which was a great value. the presentation of the food reminded of something i would watch on chef ramsey.the waiter claytons recommendations were great each time.Then we had coconut banana souffle which was amazing. the combination of textures and flavors was something ive never had before. my only two cents was i had made a reservation early for a good seat to make it a good experience for my wife and they sat us in the corner next to a curtain and then i saw seats next to a fireplace with a lantern that was a little more romantic and the older host gentleman could have been more friendlySpecial Features:
- WonderfuljamesbrendanDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary here. The food and atmosphere were both exquisite and we would most definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Superb experience!Like2EatVIPDined on 10/11/2014We chose this restaurant for date night. We've never been before and we're trying new places. Since the trees are all changing we figured this would be a great time to dine in the canyon. I think we were seated at the best table in the restaurant as we overlooked perfectly the waterfall and the beautiful fall foliage. Our server, Elise, was very good. She helped pace our meal perfectly and made very good recommendations. All the service was very attentive but not too overbearing. There was terrific live music with a pianist and someone occasionally playing woodwind instruments. The food was absolutely excellent. Very high-quality ingredients that were expertly prepared. And definitely save room for some of the delectable desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service and foodJthomasDined on 10/8/2014Because of diet issues, I am the worst guest for dinner dates. I was able to enjoy and savor each and every bite including the Blonde Chocolate Tart for Desert!! It was truly a pleasure! I had taken a couple of co-workers who just relocated to UT and they both were impressed with everything from the canyon drive to the property ambiance, then the gracious and attentive servers. Food and wines were the topping on the feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & servicelflarsonDined on 10/7/2014Well worth the trip out of Salt Lake City. If possible, go during daylight as the scenery is fabulous. Log Haven is a superior restaurant, definitely a cut above. Food and service were excellent. Would love to go there again next time we're in Salt Lake. A gem.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place for DinnerSkipperDined on 10/7/2014Food and Service at this restaurant was impeccable, if you wanting to spoil somebody special in your life this is a very nice place to take them. Great food and location in Mill Creek Canyon!Special Features:
- Romantic Gem in the Woods!KatzEyezDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful Log Cabin Style Restaurant situated in the Utah National Forest, surrounded by majestic mountains! Very updated menu just the right portions, served by very courteous and attentive waiters! A lovely gem in the woodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightGmeisDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were dining for our One Year Anniversary and I couldn't think of a better or more romantic place to be besides Log Haven. We had a wonderful time and everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!!2HappyDinersDined on 9/26/2014We found Log Haven about 15 year ago. We joined a group of work mates there for a Christmas dinner. We have been in love ever since. Two of the most enjoyable things is the menu change with the season - its fun to see what Chef Jones has come up with and the quality is always consistently wonderful. NOTHING can beat the ambiance. We try to spend at least one holiday there - Thanksgiving or Christmas and take all our out-of-town guests there. The rule with our guests is we pay for the first visit and if they were pleased they can pay for dinner on a return visit. We always get a free dinner. Thank you for such an amazing place to enjoy!Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuvutahmtnsDined on 9/26/2014But I am looking for someplace for a special occasion or just a romantic dinner I usually choose log haven. I love the setting in the mountains I love the air I love their food, and the ambience and servers are great alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Utah!seekinggreatfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014There isn't a better, more romantic, cozy, restaurant in the middle of a national forest, 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. It is a first class, five star restaurant. The service is impeccable, the food is fabulous, the wine list is extensive, and with live piano music wafting throughout, one cannot ask for a more outstanding experience. Outdoor dining by the waterfall amid the beauty of the forest is special in the warm weather. All in all, this is a restaurant not to miss, and one that I treasure going back to time and time again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food and service was excellent... will be returning... love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleserviceDined on 9/22/2014Good place for a romantic dinner. The service is awesome. Staff are very friendly and food is good. Lot of options on the wine list and cocktails. Starters are good and salads are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star RestaurantKimmieVIPDined on 9/22/2014It has been over 40 years since my mom dined at Log Haven. She remembered the original owner and how it was an excellent restaurant. Fast forward to 2014, mom was delighted to experience Log Haven, again. The restaurant was everything as she remembered. We enjoyed every moment at Log Haven. The meal was fantastic, the service was impeccable and the ambiance was relaxing. Thank you for the wonderful and memorable evening, Log Haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful little restaurantLehiLBZDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant is nestled into the hillside up Millcreeck Canyon. It has a small cottage type feel to it and the surrounding area is lush and green. Most tables inside offer a great view of the mountainside and waterfall as there are large windows all the way around the building. The waterfall and river offer some nice ambient noise and there was live piano music that was just right. It was just the right level to provide a romantic scene, but still allowed us to carry on a conversation easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd good as firstJamesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We returned after one year with a party of six and had a great experience. Our request for a table with a view of the waterfall was honored and our server was experienced. The bison, filet, pork, salmon were all great as was the wine. The Utah law on cocktails is absurd so that part left a bit to be desired but it was not the restaurant fault.Special Features:
- For that special occasionpickyeaterDined on 9/19/2014Romantic ambience, love the views from almost every window table; food is really tasty moderate portions and price is reasonable for what you expect to pay at a place like this, plan on at least $100 per couple + tx and tip. There is a pianist on weekends who adds a nice touch to the dinner ambience. The only minus would probably be very few selections on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeaverbuzzinDined on 9/18/2014I will recommend log haven to anybody. My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner with them. Will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeReginarosyDined on 9/17/2014The food was delicious & it shows it was prepared by a chef. It's expensive but for a special occasion worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteSunshineDiningDined on 9/14/2014Love to dine at Log Haven any time of the year, but especially when we can sit on the patio. The food is delicious. Service this time was particularly great.Special Features: