6451 E Millcreek Canyon
Salt Lake City, UT 84109Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.log-haven.com/
- Phone: 8012728255
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: Begin seating at 5:30 p.m. with last seating at 9:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Jones
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Thursday - Sunday from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m.
- Special Events: Enjoy a 2 course dinner for only $27.50, when you place your order before 6:30 p.m. Southwestern Caesar salad, Pan Seared prime center cut Top Sirloin - glace de veau, mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetable & served with Maine Lobster Tail and drawn butter.
Live Music - Thursday thru Sunday beginning at 6:30 p.m.
A word from Log Haven
Log Haven, long synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and fine canyon dining, is located in a historic log mansion in the Wasatch National Forest, minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Consistently honored with the most national and local awards in the industry: Best Utah Restaurant, Best Salt Lake Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the coveted Hall of Fame Award. “This is the highest honor we can give a restaurant in Utah. It means that besides having great food, terrific ambiance and passionate people, something magical has happened to make this restaurant so consistently excellent on all fronts that it thrives as an inspiration to everyone in the business.” -Salt Lake MagazineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Log Haven reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (117)scenic view (116)special occasion (112)great for outdoor dining (83)fit for foodies (67)notable wine list (45)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/22/2014Excellent food. Chef Jones has some great creations on both the appetizer and entree lists. Dessert was good too. Wine list was adequate but not exceptional. The drink pours are small as is customary across the SLC area. Very nice location tucked away in the Cache mountain in the National Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HartleychaunteesangoDined on 10/16/2014Thank you for giving us such a wonderful experience, the table was under my husbands name but it was my surprise to him. He was taken back by the service & surroundings. Our server was Hartley and he was amazing, always there when we needed him but not there so much that our experience felt 'restaurant'. This was our first date night in over a year and we definetly made the right choice. It was so romantic, peaceful, and the food & wine was 5 star all the way. I'd recommend to anyone! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014i loved this place, the food was amazing, i tried the bison steak which is now my favorite steak. my wife ordered the sirloin with lobster tail which was a great value. the presentation of the food reminded of something i would watch on chef ramsey.the waiter claytons recommendations were great each time.Then we had coconut banana souffle which was amazing. the combination of textures and flavors was something ive never had before. my only two cents was i had made a reservation early for a good seat to make it a good experience for my wife and they sat us in the corner next to a curtain and then i saw seats next to a fireplace with a lantern that was a little more romantic and the older host gentleman could have been more friendlySpecial Features:
- WonderfuljamesbrendanDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary here. The food and atmosphere were both exquisite and we would most definitely return for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Superb experience!Like2EatDined on 10/11/2014We chose this restaurant for date night. We've never been before and we're trying new places. Since the trees are all changing we figured this would be a great time to dine in the canyon. I think we were seated at the best table in the restaurant as we overlooked perfectly the waterfall and the beautiful fall foliage. Our server, Elise, was very good. She helped pace our meal perfectly and made very good recommendations. All the service was very attentive but not too overbearing. There was terrific live music with a pianist and someone occasionally playing woodwind instruments. The food was absolutely excellent. Very high-quality ingredients that were expertly prepared. And definitely save room for some of the delectable desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Service and foodJthomasDined on 10/8/2014Because of diet issues, I am the worst guest for dinner dates. I was able to enjoy and savor each and every bite including the Blonde Chocolate Tart for Desert!! It was truly a pleasure! I had taken a couple of co-workers who just relocated to UT and they both were impressed with everything from the canyon drive to the property ambiance, then the gracious and attentive servers. Food and wines were the topping on the feast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food & servicelflarsonDined on 10/7/2014Well worth the trip out of Salt Lake City. If possible, go during daylight as the scenery is fabulous. Log Haven is a superior restaurant, definitely a cut above. Food and service were excellent. Would love to go there again next time we're in Salt Lake. A gem.Special Features:
- Fantastic Place for DinnerSkipperDined on 10/7/2014Food and Service at this restaurant was impeccable, if you wanting to spoil somebody special in your life this is a very nice place to take them. Great food and location in Mill Creek Canyon!Special Features:
- Romantic Gem in the Woods!KatzEyezDined on 10/3/2014Beautiful Log Cabin Style Restaurant situated in the Utah National Forest, surrounded by majestic mountains! Very updated menu just the right portions, served by very courteous and attentive waiters! A lovely gem in the woodsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic nightGmeisDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I were dining for our One Year Anniversary and I couldn't think of a better or more romantic place to be besides Log Haven. We had a wonderful time and everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!!2HappyDinersDined on 9/26/2014We found Log Haven about 15 year ago. We joined a group of work mates there for a Christmas dinner. We have been in love ever since. Two of the most enjoyable things is the menu change with the season - its fun to see what Chef Jones has come up with and the quality is always consistently wonderful. NOTHING can beat the ambiance. We try to spend at least one holiday there - Thanksgiving or Christmas and take all our out-of-town guests there. The rule with our guests is we pay for the first visit and if they were pleased they can pay for dinner on a return visit. We always get a free dinner. Thank you for such an amazing place to enjoy!Special Features:
- Great restaurantLuvutahmtnsDined on 9/26/2014But I am looking for someplace for a special occasion or just a romantic dinner I usually choose log haven. I love the setting in the mountains I love the air I love their food, and the ambience and servers are great alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Utah!seekinggreatfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014There isn't a better, more romantic, cozy, restaurant in the middle of a national forest, 20 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. It is a first class, five star restaurant. The service is impeccable, the food is fabulous, the wine list is extensive, and with live piano music wafting throughout, one cannot ask for a more outstanding experience. Outdoor dining by the waterfall amid the beauty of the forest is special in the warm weather. All in all, this is a restaurant not to miss, and one that I treasure going back to time and time again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food and service was excellent... will be returning... love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horribleserviceDined on 9/22/2014Good place for a romantic dinner. The service is awesome. Staff are very friendly and food is good. Lot of options on the wine list and cocktails. Starters are good and salads are really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star RestaurantKimmieVIPDined on 9/22/2014It has been over 40 years since my mom dined at Log Haven. She remembered the original owner and how it was an excellent restaurant. Fast forward to 2014, mom was delighted to experience Log Haven, again. The restaurant was everything as she remembered. We enjoyed every moment at Log Haven. The meal was fantastic, the service was impeccable and the ambiance was relaxing. Thank you for the wonderful and memorable evening, Log Haven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful little restaurantLehiLBZDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant is nestled into the hillside up Millcreeck Canyon. It has a small cottage type feel to it and the surrounding area is lush and green. Most tables inside offer a great view of the mountainside and waterfall as there are large windows all the way around the building. The waterfall and river offer some nice ambient noise and there was live piano music that was just right. It was just the right level to provide a romantic scene, but still allowed us to carry on a conversation easily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd good as firstJamesVIPDined on 9/20/2014We returned after one year with a party of six and had a great experience. Our request for a table with a view of the waterfall was honored and our server was experienced. The bison, filet, pork, salmon were all great as was the wine. The Utah law on cocktails is absurd so that part left a bit to be desired but it was not the restaurant fault.Special Features:
- For that special occasionpickyeaterDined on 9/19/2014Romantic ambience, love the views from almost every window table; food is really tasty moderate portions and price is reasonable for what you expect to pay at a place like this, plan on at least $100 per couple + tx and tip. There is a pianist on weekends who adds a nice touch to the dinner ambience. The only minus would probably be very few selections on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeaverbuzzinDined on 9/18/2014I will recommend log haven to anybody. My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner with them. Will be going there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeReginarosyDined on 9/17/2014The food was delicious & it shows it was prepared by a chef. It's expensive but for a special occasion worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteSunshineDiningDined on 9/14/2014Love to dine at Log Haven any time of the year, but especially when we can sit on the patio. The food is delicious. Service this time was particularly great.Special Features:
- Always SuprisingslcdinerDined on 9/13/2014I only dine here once and awhile and every time I do I wonder why it's not more often. Overall the food is delicious well prepared. Varied but not large menu. Excellent pastries. I've taken two groups there this year and both have been very pleased. The bar menu is lacking but you still can find something to drink.Special Features:
- Best romantic dinner spotnickDined on 9/12/2014Wonderful, creative delicious food, exemplary service, and the most beautiful setting in SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special PlaceDinerDined on 9/8/2014This is a place worth going out for. I love to cook and when I dine out I want something better than I can cook or something you really don't want toor can't cook at home. This fit the bill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Getawaymaestro74Dined on 9/8/2014Just a short drive from downtown Salt Lake City, Log Haven's beautiful scenery is matched by it's delicious menu. There is a lovely waterfall just across the way and the forest setting is perfect for a delightful evening. From the appetizers (oh those carrots!) to dessert (the chocolate mint cheesecake is divine!) you will be delighted.Special Features:
- Beautiful butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Unique location and great ambiance. Food was not up to par for the price.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.AlpineDinersClubDined on 9/3/2014We didn't realize the restaurant is located 3 miles into the Wasatch National Forest past the guard house, but the Forest Ranger assured us to keep going & the restaurant would validate our entrance fee on the way out. We got there early and so we had the best seat in the house overlooking the waterfall across the road. Food was served very professionally by knowledgeable staff who were attentive but did not hover. We enjoyed the meal and felt like we got what we expected for around $75 pp. Very nice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I couldn't have asked for a better restaurant for our anniversary! The whole atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:
- LegalkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014All around wonderful. Food perfect. Service fantastic. Only issue , we where there for early afternoon dinner on a hot day. No AC in dinning room and way too hot and buggy outside. Can't expect much more in the remote mountain setting. Perfect for a letter night dinner in a very romantic setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance is great, food is goodLocalgalDined on 8/28/2014Some unusual flavor combinations - spicy calamari, elk with waldorf salad. Different flavored oils used with each course. Ordinary ice cream choices - vanilla, chocolate, strawberry but convoluted desserts: chocolate mint cheesecake with peppermint ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Salt Lake GemlomowenDined on 8/26/2014We've been meaning to try Log Haven for years, but, for one reason or another, it just never happened. The atmosphere and view are outstanding! The meal offerings were unique and varied. We tried the tuna and buffalo steak, and both were delicious. The shared appetizer of carrots was a real treat. Our night out was a great experience.Special Features:
- A little on the pricey side for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We would've also liked a "normal" salad and a l more courses for our $. We had 2 people in our party, and we had 1 soft drink, 1 water, 1 spicy Caesar salad, offered 1 roll each, and our main course. It came to $111.00 including the tip. No appetizer, wine, or dessert included. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timespthjrDined on 8/25/2014My wife and I really enjoyed everything. Great food amazing service and even better view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Log Haven - UtahKen11RoseDined on 8/23/2014We were visiting Utah and wanted to find a special place for dinner. Log Haven certainly fit the bill. We selected an early reservation so that we would have a good view of the area. There is a wonderful waterfall that can be viewed from the dining room window. The piano player added a nice ambiance. The service was very good and I noticed that all of the wait staff seemed especially proficient. I will definitely recommend this place to others and will also return again if I am in the area.Special Features:
- Creative and Healthy FoodseekinggreatfoodVIPDined on 8/21/2014We dined on the patio with views of the moon and a moss-laden waterfall. The chef's special was a spectacular grilled peach, arugula, fresh ricotta cheese with lemon zest salad ... the best we've ever eaten! Scallops with risotto and a perfectly designed salmon with crisp purple potatoes in a horseradish broth made this the best meal we have ever eaten in Salt Lake. Way to go Log Haven!Special Features:
- Log HavenKinzie01Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I are frequent diners and Log Haven is for sure in the top 5 of our list. It's was very romantic and the service was outstanding. I was chilly and they brought be a blanket, it was so lovely there. I would recommend for anyone! Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerHungryManDined on 8/15/2014Great place for a quiet, beautiful and dare I say "romantic" dinner. We arrived about an hour before sunset. Valet parking is nice since there is not a lot of places to self park without a hike. Staff was very attentive. They asked if we preferred outside on deck or inside. It was a little crowded outside. We chose indoors by a window. Oil burning lamp for atmosphere at our table. Food was fantastic, and just the right amount. Wonderful flavors, interesting combinations, but not so much you need to leave uncomfortable because you overate. We left after sundown, the valet service was prompt to bring our car around and help my wife with the door. They even provide a pass to to exit the canyon without paying the canyon fee.Special Features:
- Not 5 stars, but still good!Mixologist3000Dined on 8/15/2014As I looked over food recommendations the "nachos" were mentioned several times. So we ordered them. I was very disappointed they were dry & not what I had expected from the RAVE reviews. However, the tuna & filet were DELICIOUS!!! Our server seemed overwhelmed with describing the specials and took to long describing them. She was nice, but never smiled. I could see how it caters to an older crowd, since those were the only other customers there. We order a jack/sour & a dirty martini both of our drinks tasted terrible. I ordered a vodka tonic and it took 12 minutes to arrive. We loved the live piano and the ambiance was great, but the carpet has got to go. Wood floors would better suit the log cabin look they are trying to achieve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!MyBrokenJeepDined on 8/12/2014Fantastic dinner! Wonderful and friendly service. Much recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.