Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch
1 Old Ranch Road
Carmel, CA 93923Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.carmelvalleyranch.com/
- Phone: 8316262599x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet & A la Carte: Monday-Friday: 7:00am-11:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday-Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Wood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant offers a private dining room that accommodates groups from 8 to 30 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Alisha Huntspon (831)626-2599x
A word from Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch
The Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch showcases the natural bounty of California's Central Coast; a region renowned for its seafood, vegetables, and meat & game. The menu highlights cuisine that is ingredient driven and seasonal, focusing on rustic presentations that emphasize bright flavors in harmony with the warm, beautiful setting of the valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch - Best Restaurants in Carmel Valley ›
Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (14)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (9)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)romantic (8)kid-friendly (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Lovely dinnerSearchingKatDined on 9/6/2014Everything about it was top drawer. Loved the ingredients from their garden. The local goat cheese was the best ever. I've been scouring the Carmel Village looking for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceMomof4Dined on 9/6/2014We came for a 715 reservation on a Saturday night for our anniversary birthday sans our 4 kids so we were looking forward to a good dinner. The atmosphere is more family friendly than I was expecting as we sat near a table with crying toddlers, but I was ok with that. What bothered me the most was the fact that I only had 1 glass of water with our entire meal and was sucking on ice cubes though dinner, nor did our wine with dinner ever come. When I finally flagged down our waiter for water my husband mentioned the wine. About 10min later after we were completely done eating someone brought it by, at that point my husband was soo irritated he sent it back then asked for the dressert menu and was given then the check. Our meal was just fairSpecial Features:
- Outstanding.betty69VIPDined on 8/28/2014Our service went above and beyond. Our son is gluten-and dairy-free. Our waitress brought gluten-free pasta---not on the menu--and sheeps milk cheese. Restaurant is beautiful & relaxing. Food was delicious, healthy & beautiful. S'mores after dinner were an extra treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014I was very disappointed in the fact that there were so many children eating at 7 PM, the food and atmosphere was fabulous but I felt like I was at Denny's-too much family dinning.Special Features:
- MelissaMelissaDined on 8/15/2014The Lodge Restaurant never fails. They have quiet seating, bar seating, or a very social dining room near the bar. Chef Tim is the most amazing chef around and he has trained his kitchen staff to model his magic well. Go! You won't be disappointed. Food, service, fun. Every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014I sat at the bar. The food was delicious. Drinks were outstanding. Bartender very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value for moneyTageDined on 7/13/2014The Carmel Valley Ranch is a great resort with excellent service and superb surroundings. However unfortunately our family of five were all disappointed about the dinner we had. Beef quality was mediocre, vegetables overcooked and with excess oil and butter. However the restaurant has a really good selection of USA wines, but food is what we came for and became disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 169 reviews are from the Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch reviews archive.
- It could have been great!ojaijimVIPDined on 6/22/2014First, the good news-the hostess was great about reserving me a table by the window (it was our anniversary) and handling the flowers I ordered; the food was very tasty, and the view spectacular. The bad news was the service. We sat at the table over 30 minutes before someone even brought us a glass of water. I had to grab the sommelier as he walked by to order a bottle of wine and when the waiter finally decided to grace us with his presence, he seemed totally disinterested. It's too bad that bad service turned a potential 5 star meal into three stars.Special Features:
- Never disappointsDollfaceLVIPDined on 6/13/2014Swung by for a quick dinner. The salad with fruit was perfect and the salmon dish was one of the best I've had. Husband got the steak and enjoyed it. This place never disappoints. The only thing I would change is the noise level. Sometimes the echoes are too much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The Carmel Valley Lodge always uses veggies from their own garden. Great service! Great food!Special Features:
- Solid and dependableDollfaceLVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great spot for lunch. Don't miss the soups and the salad nicoiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh greens!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/31/2014The produce is from their own gardens. Everything was excellent and fresh.Special Features:
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014Was fairly disappointed with our entire dinner... everything just seemed to lack flavor and seasoning, and simply wasn't special in any way. The Ahi tartar was relatively flat and uninteresting... the Chili Chicken Wings were crispy, but lacked flavor...the Rib Eye was cooked well and probably the most flavorful entree we had. All in all, the warm chocolate chip cookies were probably the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- Staff needs some workMuledaddyVIPDined on 3/29/2014This is a high end restaurant, so I expected more from them. The wine list is fair on the one hand to great (owing to former owners there is a 100 pt 1988 Chateau Mouton Rothschild 6L bottle in the wine cellar). The restaurant is open and there is a nice fireplace seating area for drinks while you wait on the table, or a nice bar area for either waiting or eating without reservations. They really do stick to the reservations and I'd highly recommend reserving especially between 5:30 and 8:00pm. So here is the conflictedness…the service was slow-really slow. The staff didn't communicate with each other well. The hostess, waiters, sommelier none of them knew what the others were doing-there did not seem to be any management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidQCommVIPDined on 3/19/2014Solid place. Screaming kids are a problem. Steak was very good.Special Features:
- Gem in Carmel ValleydparkinsonVIPDined on 3/7/2014The lodge restaurant is great especially if you are staying at the lodge. We had both breakfasts and dinner. All were creative with fresh ingredients and tasty. I like the green eggs and ham for breakfast--toasted jalapeno hollandaise sauce over artisanal ham and poached eggs. The seared tuna nicoise salad was also delicious for dinner. Lots of lively conversation at the bar on Friday night too.Special Features:
- Not Farm to Table.....happy1219VIPDined on 2/24/2014...but resort property to table. The resort boasts a large organic garden from which much of the produce on the menu is sourced. Everything is very fresh and well prepared. The winter vegetable raviolis were the best version of this pasta I have ever had. Really good. Definitely two notches above a typical resort restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceWeasieDined on 2/20/2014We enjoyed the service and the overall atmosphere. The appetizer special, pan seared scallops were delicious, but a bit salty. Our entrees were presented very well, but my sea bass was a bit dry & salty and my husband's pork chops were very dry (over done). We had been here before, so we were a bit surprised by the lack of quality of the entrees. Coffee and the berry crisp dessert were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food could use some workDisappointedDined on 2/16/2014The first thing we noticed were all the kids running around and that we were somewhat overdressed. People were playing at the pool and very casual. The dining room was not bad and the view of the oak trees and large fireplace were nice. The waitress was a little too energetic. The food presentation was not bad either but I became concerned when I saw the portion size of the charcuterie plate. It was quite large and I immediately wondered if they were compensating for something. In fact they were. We ordered a beet salad and the beets were woody and not very flavorful. The entrée was so-so but for the price they missed the mark on everything. I'd prefer they scale back the portions and improve the quality.Special Features:
- BeautifulMyturtledoveDined on 2/14/2014Me and my family had a wonderful dinner date, the service was outstanding and the food was awesome! We had a great waitress, the only thing I noticed in the restrooms there were no baby changing station. Our overall all experience was great, my daughter enjoyed the smores bar also the swing on the tree outside the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always the bestEmc1Dined on 2/11/2014My favorite "go to" restaurant in the area. Have never had a bad meal at the Lodge Restaraunt. Attentive staff, delicious food, warm, cosy ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, great breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2014We ate dinner and breakfast at the Lodge Restaurant while on a weekend getaway. Service was friendly and efficient, and the food was superb. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not what we hoped forJonathanDined on 12/31/2013We were surprised that a resort of this level has only one restaurant in the main lodge. As a result our dinner felt like it was served in a breakfast and lunch locale. The ambiance wasn't bad, it just wasn't noteworthy. Because this was a New Year's Eve meal, we expected something a little more out of the ordinary. Our table wasn't ready when we got there but the table side service was friendly and attentive. The pacing for the meal courses was erratic with a long wait for the main course. The food was very good, especially the preliminary courses. The main course was good but not particularly memorable, in part because the presentation was so-so. The wines paired with each course were outstanding and were the highlight of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful meal howeverFamilyoffoodiesVIPDined on 12/25/2013Had a wonderful meal however we there on a very cold night Nd were seated next to a door to the outside. Peoe and staff kept walki g in and out and we were freezing! Makes dining much less pleasant and when we Asked if we could move or hAve doors kept shut the hostess offered us blankets! RidiculousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!JackiDined on 12/25/2013This restaurant is highly overrated. The service was the worst ever... One waiter for the entire room. The food was very poor and we could not even get wine bottle brought to our table. This place looks good but isn't. Would not eat there again.
- Nice Christmas Eve dinner, but ....TJ71Dined on 12/24/2013There were way too many kids running around and screaming all night. Kids kept opening door next to our table...cold air continuously coming in.Ii asked to be seated 15 minutes early if possible, was told my table was occupied. At 7pm they sat us at a different table?? Restaurant could have had a few more servers working. I'm a local and have dinned at the Lodge a few times before. Food was good, my steak was about 1/2 the size of the one served to the table next to me. Plus a silver dollar sized single crab cake was $18.... Beet salad was amazing. Hotel had Christmas carolers that night - nice touch!
- Christmas Eve in HeavenCocoDined on 12/24/2013We took our family to CV Ranch for Christmas Eve dinner, and it was really a fun evening! My son is a friend of Tim (the chef) and he sent out a complimentary appetizer to start us off to the beginning of a fabulous meal! We are all 'foodies' and I love that they grow some of their own veggies, along with lavender and their honey... and are so tuned in to 'sustainable food sources'. As we were leaving the restaurant they had carolers in the lobby, and we sat and listened for a perfect finale! Peter Tuff is an amazing vocalist, and was enjoyed by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Office LuncheonPamelaDined on 12/21/2013The Lodge Restaurant at Carmel Valley Ranch went out of their way to create a private setting for our office Celebration. Tim Wood, the chef, went beyond the call of duty to make sure appetizers were placed as soon as we arrived. He came out and greeted us to make sure all was well. We had terrific service and can hardly wait to return next year. As a family, we are going on Christmas Eve as is our tradition.Special Features:
- The Lodge in CVRMeeksDined on 11/29/2013Been there several times now. Wonderful food, garden grown and fresh. Nice cross-section of food options. Lovely upscale, rustic hotel setting, a neighborhood gem. Many young families staying there this recent holiday weekend. Looking forward to going back soon. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Wonderful thanksgiving dinnerPaulRVIPDined on 11/28/2013We enjoyed an excellent thanksgiving dinner here. IT is a difficult to produce a meal in mass of this type well. The food was tasty and beautifully cooked. Servive was excellent and we were not overfed although we could have asked for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatharpoVIPDined on 11/20/2013Good enough, and very convenient if you're staying at Carmel Valley Ranch. But for an outstanding meal, for not very much more money, go down the road to Magnus at Bernardus -- a whole higher category of fine dining.Special Features:
- Friend's birthdayChuckDined on 11/17/2013My wife and I took a friend there for her 75th birthday and the experience could not have been better. Greg the chef, or sous chef, came to the table, introduced himself and welcomed us to the Ranch. The food preparation and service could not have been better. Our friend was delighted and said it was the nicest birthday dinner she ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmel Valley rustic eleganceDBICHONDined on 11/10/2013Carmel Valley Ranch is understated golf heaven, with gorgeous grounds, hills and a vineyard.It has perfect fall weather and the restaurant whispers " elegance." Our waiter was charming and very tolerant of our many questions.Service was prompt, kind, good humor end and unobtrusive. Brunch Buffet was over at 10:30 so we missed that, but enjoyed our omelets and sausages.We started with a round of truffle fries, thin, hot crisp and salty with herbs.Could have used a heavier hand with the truffle.Omelets were perfectly cooked, with artisan bread and excellent chicken sausage.We ate outside watching the young and beautiful in their bikini attire.It was great fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too few serversLocalsDined on 10/31/2013We are regulars at the Lodge. We love the food, ambiance, friendliness and until recently, the service. It seems to us they have cut back on the number of servers. Even though the restaurant was not terribly busy the service the last couple of times has been inattentive and slow. It also seems that the servers are not as well trained. They don't bring the wine glasses or without us asking more than once. We had to pour our own wine. We had to ask someone to find our waiter so we could order. The food did arrive in a timely manner after ordering. Our empty plates were not removed as quickly as they could have been. No one asked us if we wanted dessert or coffee or asked us if everything was fine during the meal. We still love the Lodge.Special Features:
- The best!MishmishDined on 10/17/2013I made a trip out to Carmel for my husbands bday. I wanted to make it very special. I have to say this was the best choice I coupled have made. He had a great time that we both will always remember. The was amazing. We will be back for sure and will definitely recommend this place. Thank You for making it such a great trip for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Birthday dinnermontereylocalDined on 9/20/2013Very comfortable, warm atmosphere. Knowledgeable bartenders/servers, pleased to help in suggesting drinks/food. Extensive wine list with 2 weekly choices offered. The chicken dish was amazing, although I believe it is the least expensive entree on the menu, do not let that deter you from considering. Tasty appetizers at the bar, I opted for the tuna poke again and it was delish as the first time and presented beautifully. The cocktails are a little on the pricey side--$14 for a specialty martini and they are served in small glasses. Beautiful drive through the country club that winds up through fields of lavender to the Lodge. Arrived at dusk and there were 3 lovely deer, roadside and nibbling on the lavender nearly close enough to touch!Special Features:
- Excellent CrabcakesWeasieDined on 9/17/2013While a pet friendly hotel, there were dogs nearby in the lobby that barked and were distracting for me as a diner. The cocktails were excellent as well as the crabcakes. I had the risotto which was a bit greasy, but tasty. My husband had the cabernet short ribs which was excellent. Service was very good as it wasn't intrusive, but attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!SACVISTORVIPDined on 8/26/2013We celebrated a birthday here, and staff made the experience lovely! food is fresh and delicious, we ordered Scallops & Chicken. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, a little pricey.PanddiningDined on 8/23/2013Great atmosphere, good service. Limited menu, great martinis. a little pricey. wonderful family place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost perfect!DollfaceLVIPDined on 8/16/2013We love CV Ranch. We went early and had a quiet dinner is heirloom tomato soup (perfection), the salmon special and a filet. The salmon was very good, but a bit overcooked. The filet was very good, but meat is not their specialty. Had the crime brûlée, good and the chefs small bites--absolutely perfect. Alejandro waited on us and was fantastic.Special Features: