Loco Tapas and Wine Bar
520 Foundry Street
South Easton, MA 02375Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Loco Tapas and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.locotapas.com/
- Phone: 5082305626
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm (lounge/bar menu later on Friday & Saturday evenings)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: James Messinger, CIA '97
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Loco Tapas and Wine Bar
L O C O tapas & wine bar offers tapas “nueva” style, focusing on traditional tapas from the Catalonia, basque, and La Rioja regions of Spain while utilizing only first class ingredients sourced from the finest purveyors and farms. L O C O tapas boasts a separate ultra sexy lounge with a handmade copper bar and an array of leather couches and chairs along with a very sophisticated, yet comfortable for all dining room, and the professionally trained chefs offer cuisine for those with the most discerning of palettes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Loco Tapas and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nice spot for Wine & TapasGEllisDined on 10/18/2013If you live in the Easton area and like Tapas this is a great place. Sometime we don't feel like taking the half hour drive into Boston and this saves me the trip. They change up the menu every so often and it's nice to get to try new things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night out.KymJodiDined on 10/18/2013Great night out! Food was wonderful as always! Quality of service was very good. Few glitches: no cocktail list, menu was smaller and by 7 they were out of one of their desserts. I love Loco's and hope that this was just an off night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always tastyGuidoDined on 9/28/2013Loco has great food and drink, but equally important is the fabulous friendly service one always receives. A place we will continue to visit again and again. High marks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too dark!optionalDined on 9/21/2013I usually like the menu but found it changed with some of my favorites cut out so a bit dissapointing. I had to use my flashlight to see the menu it was so dark. Found the waitress' knowlege of the bar unsatisfying and she needed to go back and forth to verify drink selection and availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious dining experience!adeanDined on 9/21/2013I absolutely love Loco! It is the place I choose when dining out with my husband or friends. Recently, I brought some foodie friends of mine from the Boston area and they loved it! The food is always delicious, the wine selection is great and the atmosphere is cozy and intimate. I hope to visit again soon!Special Features:
- First time at Loco Tapas.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 9/14/2013First time at Loco Tapas. An anniversary dinner. Wasn't the quiet, romantic place we had been led to believe it was, the noise level was fairly high. We ordered a Spanish wine (something other than Rioja) and were quite pleased with it. We started with cold tapas (cheese plate, charcuterie plate, olives), then moved on to hot tapas (mussels, shrimp), then split the braised short ribs for a main course. Overall the food was very good, and I would recommend. Server was quite attentive and friendly. The bar area was much larger than I expected, almost half the space. In future I would consider going for a cocktail or glass of wine, and order a few tapas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened????OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2013I have been to locos several times (it has been a year since the last time) but what a difference a year makes. I took a friend for her first time this week and it was horrible. Some of the good tapas items were gone, the food was not as tasty as I remembered, the services was horrible ( forgot to bring spoons with coffee, had to ask for more water, dishes were not taken in a timely manner, bread and oil were not tasty) I called a few friends just to make sure it wasn't me as I loved going in the past. They also have stopped going as well. Was there a Chef or managment change?? I raved about this place before we went and was so embarrased as my guest and I are both foodies and love great food. She hated it too!
- Something strange is happening hereJoeInBostonVIPDined on 9/7/2013We have dined at Loco probably 20 times over the years. When it first opened it was hip and the service was great. The food, however, was spotty. Over the years, the food has improved. We dined there recently and started by ordering a cocktail, which took a long time to arrive, which is fine with me. When the cocktails arrived, we placed out food order. Almost immediately, the food started arriving. I don't know about you but watercress and gin aren't my favorite flavor combination. The rest of the food arrived as we finished our cocktails and we ordered a glass of wine each, which took until we were nearly finished to arrive. The amazing thing was the food. It was better an ever. but the service has lost its edge. It's too bad.Special Features:
- Came for the filet mignonPeanutDined on 9/6/2013Came for the filet mignon and you ran out of it by 9 p.m. We were offered a ribeye steak instead but it was not very good. Next time order more filet in the kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerMelissaDined on 8/31/2013We were seated pretty much right away. Great feel to place- warm and inviting. Food was AMAZING and service was great. Plan on going back on date night .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMikeDined on 8/24/2013Food as always was incredible and we got MANY different dishes. The croquettes and beef tenderloin were to die for. Daughter loved the cedar plank salmon. Down side was hostess was going around several times very energetically filling water, our table kept getting overlooked, even the waitress forgot. But if that's the worst I have to say then I have it made. The waitress , Amanda was very sweet, attentive and knowledgeable about the food, which was great since she hasn't been there long. She seemed to genuinely get a kick out of the fact that we were enjoying everything. All in all for 3 people, 9 dishes, 3 desserts, bottle of wine, and a sangria, the total bill was only $139. It made for a very very enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/24/2013Loco Tapas is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is exceptional, really, really excellent. The Spanish environment perfect (red walls, leather seating in the bar, intimate tables). It is hard to believe that a restaurant of this quality is in Easton, MA and not the Back Bay of BostonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was okayJimmyDined on 8/22/2013Everything we ate for the tapas and entree were just okay, and wouldn't have ordered it again with the exception of the calamari which was really ridiculously salty to the point that we couldn't eat it, and I should note my boyfriend loves salt. We had the short ribs for an entree, again it was okay the only thing we really loved was the tomato sauce on the string beans, that sauce was excellent. We had the churros for desert and they looked and tasted great. We wouldn't go back again for dinner or even recommend it to anyone because we were pretty disappointed in all the dishes. I would go back for desert. The service was great and the place is nice, great for a date night I would just skip the dinner and just order desert and wine.Special Features:
- wonderful neighborhood diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013We found this restaurant on the internet and are so glad we took the chance. The experience was wonderful, from the food to the service and the ambience. The acoustics were perfect for the four of us to have a conversation and not disturb or be disturbed by other diners. Loco's is a great little neighborhood find and we are looking forward to trying some of the other delicious sounding dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been going to thisHoopVIPDined on 8/16/2013We have been going to this restaurant for many years and count it as one of our favorites. However, this meal was well below their usual standards. The portions were smaller. The foie gras was tiny and dried out. The beef tenderloin was way overcooked. Hopefully this is a one time thing and not a change in the kitchen. We will try again.
- Summer bummerDined on 8/15/2013Went out for my 50th birthday dinner with my wife and daughter and was let down on most points. Having been there several times before I felt that something was missing in the dinner experience. To start with our favorite dish the scallops were not available as the chef sent them back and our 2nd choice the fish tapas was forgotten to be placed on the order, without a explanation or apology. So the dinner was a salad, potatoes, and fried cheese and mushroom dish. Discouraged but will try again after some time maybe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, even worst serviceCarolineVIPDined on 8/7/2013If you can get past the incredibly bad service, the food isn't too bad. We waited a long time to be greeted by our very curt waitress and after an hour and 20 minutes our paella was still not served. When we asked for the order to be cancelled because we couldn't wait any longer, the paella miraculously showed up as a take out and we were still charged for it! Some of the tapas were better than others. Do not order the garlic bread, it's a horrible waste of money. The lemonade was a powder mix evident by the clump at the bottom of the glass. The beef tenderloin was good and the patatas bravas was tasty.Special Features:
- Always great takeColieDined on 7/27/2013I love loco. The food is fantastic. We try things we might not try otherwise. The wine is the best. I even asked where I could Purchase a bottle or two or three. They were very Helpful. Our 13 year old son also enjoyed it there. Can't say enough good things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodmiamyaVIPDined on 7/26/2013The food at Loco Tapas is excellent. Price points are rather high. Our waitress was not attentive,However, the manager Sarah was very attentive and made sure we enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:
- Wallet lighter, tummy still empty!ElizabethDined on 7/19/2013Extremely hot outside, 98 degrees, not much cooler inside. A/c was on but it was warm and stuffy. The food quality was good, extremely small portions for the $$. bill was over $150.00 for four people, (Not including tip)2 drinks each and 5 small plates. We left there still hungry! ordered the scallop plate, which contained 3 scallops, the server asked if we wanted a fourth so we could each have one. we agreed &charged $5.00 extra for 1 scallop!! We each ate 1 scallop, 1 shrimp, couple of almonds, 1 fig, bit of codfsh and tablespoon of vegetable. No Lie. Bread was served, thank goodness to soak up the yummy sauce the shrimp were cooked in. Food quality is very good but too expensive for the portion size. Bar Service sloow!
- Spain arrives in EastonfoodfreakDined on 7/18/2013Had a great dining experience at Loco Tapas the other night. The food was fresh and delicious. The presentation was exotic and the service made us feel like we were in Barcelona. Our first time but as Arnold would say "I'll be back"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant but slightly chaoticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2013The servers mixed up our order of 9 different tapas, bringing the same thing twice and forgetting another. Still the food is delicious-best garlic bread ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite local restaurantEastonmomDined on 7/11/2013Our favorite local restaurant with NYC quality food, yet a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Their wine list is impressive although the cocktails always win us over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing crazy about Loco! Go now!MartysmomVIPDined on 7/5/2013First time here: wonderful selection of tapas - Serrano ham/manchego cheese drizzled with honey, cheese nicely softened.Grilled asparagus with sherry braised tomato was superb. Smoked ham/chicken croquettes were crispy outside and creamy inside. Whoever does the frying at Loco is a true artiste! Paella was tasty as were the delicate churros for dessert. We'll be back to try more - would love to see more authentic Spanish dishes. Sangria was tart and refreshing-plan on enjoying more than one-although a bit too much ice. Bar area was busy with funky chairs and tables vs more formal dining room. Wine list was substantial with good selection of Spanish wines. Run, don't walk to Loco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time fair...will try againeateroutersDined on 7/5/2013Atmosphere dark (almost dreary), music a little too loud. All 4 tapas plates arrived @ same time although waitress had told us that they'd arrive staggered so as not to overwhelm us. When she saw that they arrived together, commented that it was unusual, but offered no apology. Several dishes were delivered to incorrect parties(servers apparently "share" delivery duties) seemed that system could run more smoothly. Tried 4 tapas dishes, all super!!! Shrimp, scallops, mussels and tenderloin. Yum! Paella disappointing, especially since advertised as signature dish. Very salty, smoked chicken gave "off" taste. If we return will go strictly for tapas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013My husband and I enjoyed a nice dinner here. Low key and romantic setting with Spanish flair. Food was amazing and our server was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2013I have enjoyed great tapas from London to Vancouver to San Antonio to Madrid, and I've never seen food so far off the mark as this. The *only* dish that we enjoyed was the Jamon Serrano y Manchego. We ordered chicken and ham croquettes, patatas bravas, and gambes al ajillo. The consistency of the croquettes was mush inside, and they were the size of a small golf ball (rather than oblong, which is standard); no texture of either chicken or ham could be found. The patatas bravas were overcooked and soggy. The gambes al ajillo--garlic shrimp--had a good taste, but were overcooked and tough. We ordered the apple-filled churros, which weren't even hot when they got to our table (we were the last table in the dining room). Truly awful.
- My family loves Loco and hasRAB84Dined on 6/19/2013My family loves Loco and has been many times. Our most recent visit, however, did not live up to our expectations. Our waitress tried to make up for all of the "kitchen mishaps." It seemed as if our order never got put in or perhaps there was a computer glitch and it got erased or something because they kept bringing us the wrong food. They brought us other tapas to hold us over until our real food came, but then we ended up filling up on fried food that we hadn't ordered and then couldn't eat the food that we had wanted. To make matters worse, they were all out of the mussels, which are our favorite dish, and dinner lasted about 2.5 hours, making us late to our destination. Again, our server was apologetic, but it wasn't a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperiencellakeDined on 6/19/2013Excellent dining with friendly service. Quality of meal was outstanding!!! If you ever have the opportunity to try it.......don't pass it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2013Have been to Loco 3 times. Each time food and service was beyond our expectations. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. You can not go wrong with any of the food choices. Have tried quite a few of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful evening!SharonDined on 6/15/2013The food and service were outstanding, and we felt very well taken care of. The server was careful to space out the tapas plates so we had a few on the table and then a little time to breathe before the next set. The dinner took a while, about 2 hours or more, so it felt like a really nice evening, not just a quick meal. I would definitely recommend Locos to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great nightLoco4LocoDined on 6/14/2013Loco Tapas never fails to deliver. The food is fantastic!! All they need now is to open more than 4 nights a week so I can go more often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Nice place to enjoy a night with friends. Tapas are great to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceEastonNeighborDined on 6/13/2013I have been to LOCO several times. Started back when they were on 138. The food is very, very good. Though, it seems every other time we go there the service is really slow. Puts a bit of a damper on dinner. We were there for 3 hours. I do realize this type of dinner is an "experience" but a 3 hour dinner is a bit much. We just felt the waitress did not pay attention to us.... Perhaps she had too many tables? Not sure, but the place has been there long enough, they know what to expect on thurs, fri and sat nights ( this was a Thursday). I will go back.... For as I said the Spanish tapas are great and the ambience for a rural area makes it special. I just wish the service was a bit better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very, very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/8/2013The food is very, very good. However, this is the second time in a row we've experienced terribly slow and inattentive service.
- Second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013This was my second visit and not as impressive as the first. Much louder than last time. Despite an early 5:15 reservation our table for two was not ready for seating. Shakey dining table and chair were annoying. Tapas are consistently good yet pricey. Very limited red wine by the glass list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an enjoyable eveningGuidoDined on 6/6/2013A unique experience and such a welcome change to the same old stuff.Special Features:
- Muy Bien Loco TapasfoodluberDined on 6/5/2013Very attentive service. Nice atmosphere, Very good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantGGG777Dined on 6/5/2013It's not often that you find a good restaurant right around the corner. Loco is a unique experience with excellent food, great ambiance and terrific service, without having to go into Boston. Order a little or order a lot, the variety of the tapas experience is extremely flexible. There is always something for everyone. We will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2013My husband and I were taking friends out to dinner to thank them for something special they did for us (held a 25th anniversary party). We arrived on a Thursday night and the bar was out of IPA, so the men ordered another beer and unfortunately they were out of that too (apparently if you want something more than Bud this is not the place to go). Our waiter was apologetic but had no personality at all. We ordered a considerable amount of food which was good but certainly NOT worth the price. To top it off, the manager was very attentive to one and only one table. We were never visited by management to inquire about our experience. This is the 4th or 5th time going to Loco's but will not be back.