LOCL Restaurant & LOCL Bar
8201 Preston Rd
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
LOCL Restaurant & LOCL Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nylohotels.com/plano/restaurants-texas-hotel-4-1.aspx
- Phone: 9726246990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Breakfst: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am -2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: NYLO provides private dining which requires a minimum and rental for private groups.
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Niewald 972-624-6991
A word from LOCL Restaurant & LOCL Bar
The LOCL restaurant, Lounge and Bar features complete table service; full-service bar; avant-garde seating areas, including hanging cocoon chairs, custom tables, spectacular chandeliers; and poolside dining out at the The Courtyard. The motto at LOCL, “fun people serving fun people,” is especially evident when NYLO's culinary masters create their Chic Urban Cuisine.. LOCL features live music ,special events like Movies Under The Stars, daily Happy Hours, and always something new. LOCL restaurant also offers a take-out menu. LOCL is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LOCL Restaurant & LOCL Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014It was horrific. The service, the food, the uncomfortable chairs/tiny tables. You are better off going anywhere else. Quite a shame...neat venue and beautiful outdoor area. They have completely wasted an opportunity for a world-class evening out.
- unorganized and overbookeddisbeliefDined on 2/14/2014They ran out of food for the valentines day menu and the salad that was brought to the table was dry.....waitstaff handled the situation well I think because I feel that they were put in a difficult situation.
- Had reservation for Valentine'sNYLODined on 2/14/2014Had reservation for Valentine's day and had to wait for 45 min at the bar. I understand that it was a very busy day, but the staff was totally not ready for the trafic. We saw our waiter only twice. No soft drinks were offered, no silverware for desert... Ordered well done stake was not even cooked half way through, had to leave it on the plate.. Salads had no dressing on them.$39,50 per person included the desert acording to their Holiday menu. Although waiter told us that that he is "taking care of us" on desert by not charging for it..I am not sure what he meant. It looked like they were so suprised to see so many people, although the took the reservation for every one of them. Anyway, now I know where not to go. I still left 20% tips...
- ValentinePopeyeDined on 2/14/2014We had a reservation but it still took 20 minutes for us to be seated. I think they were understaffed for the Valentine day rush.Special Features:
- Valentines dinner flop!MandoDined on 2/14/2014There are some restaurants who Have bad food and there are others who Have bad service. This place should Get the award for both. I have never in My life experience such flavorless tough Premade food and then have to wait And wait and wait for it. Shameful
- This is an awesome locationRicheyVIPDined on 1/24/2014This is an awesome location for a laid back dinner for two or even a group. It has a very ecclectic blend of seating options, pool table, DJ, outdoor seating, library area with books, a bar...you name it and its all here. We were pleasantly surprised at the food quality, although the menu at this location was a bit limited versus the ones that come up on Open Table. I'd highly recommend especially if you live or work in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily surprised...JewelzjlhDined on 8/25/2013We circled the hotel NYLO like a shark, looking at the dot on the map. We decided to pull in and check at the desk of the hotel. It was the right place! We enjoy such crazy Art Deco chairs and paintings but not sure where we were going. Down a hall toward a very scenic pool and BAM-- a bar with food. The restaurant wasn't really busy, or at all. Our paninis we're excellent but cocktails are $$$.Special Features:
- Great foodtlightDined on 7/27/2013LOCL has a pretty sparse menu, but what is on there is wonderful. Be sure to order an appetizer as the portions are on the small side. We had dinner and breakfast the next morning. I was very disappointed that their beer tap was broken as I was looking forward to a draft IPA on their patio by the pool.Special Features:
- Save Your Time and MoneyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2013There are too many great restaurants in North Dallas to waste your time with this one . The food was unremarkable, the service was slow, and the server lacked personality and enthusiasm. Although I had a reservation our table was not ready and we had to wait. There were 13 people in my group so a gratuity was automatically added to our bill, while I know that's the usual practice this server and this restaurant were not worth the $120.00 gratuity. I am frequently in Dallas for business and I will never return to this restaurant.
- Hotel Restaurant FindFood4AllVIPDined on 7/5/2013The food is great, and the service even better. And, there is a new chef. Only compmalint was that since they are switching chefs, they had no desserts at all! The outside are is very nice if it is cool outside!Special Features:
- Girls WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/8/2013There was no reason for a reservation as there was no host to greet us or acknowledge the special requests I had made on our reservation. The window shades could not be closed and the remote that controlled the shades was lost, who knows how long ago. The restaurant or front desk couldn't help to pull down the shade so not only did we squint but so did other diners as well. Our server seemed very put out to serve us and was not engaging in any, disappointing as we tried to engage her with questions but got nothing back. The caesar salad was good but the scallops were extremely salty, too salty to eat. Overall not happy with our dinner, such a shame as we travelled far to have a nice mommy's night away.
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/5/2013This venue has a lot of potential. However, the execution is lacking. The outdoor patio area is very cool, but the attention to detail is missing. The tables all need a good cleaning and to be stained. There is no servers outside- we had to walk back in to get drinks. The inside seating area where our party was located- the chairs were not the right height for the table, they were very unstable and a few had broken pieces that came off during our dine. The food & beverage manager was our waiter- due to someone not coming in to work. he really tried but had a lot to deal with. The bartender was inexperienced to say the least. And wasn't sure how to make a lot of common drinks so we all just settled for beer or wine.
- Overall, our experience withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013Overall, our experience with the family at this restaurant was good. We had three small children so it was nice to be able to be in a place that masked the noise they were making. The food and the service were fine, but the food was nothing to rave about--it wasn't bad but it wasn't a place to go specifically for the food. It was great that being in a hotel they were open late enough when all other restaurants are closed. I would recommend it but it's not a place I'm dying to return to for the food. Service was very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- Outstanding and wonderful.SusanVIPDined on 2/22/2013Outstanding and wonderful. It is a cool atmosphere. Food fantasic and reasonable.Special Features:
- My wife and I love the ambianceCJH95VIPDined on 2/2/2013My wife and I love the ambiance of the NYLO Hotel and the restaurant had the same feel. However on a Saturday night during prime time, the place was dead. The service was so-so. The food was pretty good, but not so much that we would visit again. Frankly we prefer to go places on a Saturday that feel alive. There are way too many other restaurant choices that are more enjoyable.Special Features:
- We were there for New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We were there for New Year's Eve for drinks and a meal. It was fun, lively and decorated great for NYE! We almost didn't want to leave for our parties!! :-)Special Features:
- Akward client breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2012Met a client here for breakfast and it was really akward ordering food at the counter, toasting your own toast, and seating ourselves. Won't be going back for client meetings.
- We arrived for our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/14/2012We arrived for our dinner reservation, with a party of 7, but were not greeted by anyone at the hostess stand. After several minutes of standing there, we ventured out into the restaurant to find someone. The chef appeared and told us to wait there. After another long pause of many minutes, we ventured out again to be told that they were really crowded and there would be a 45 minute wait...but they didn't seem to be very crowded. And we had a reservation! Very strange indeed!
- Nice & fun place. Loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012Nice & fun place. Loved the live music on Saturday night!Special Features:
- Although their menu is prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/8/2012Although their menu is pretty limited, "Hotel Restaurant", their Bar, Social and Outdoor areas where outstanding. The dinning area is not very expansive so seating is pretty limited. However they do have picnic style benches outside where you can also eat, which was a wierd combo. Their design and decorations are pretty modern and trendy yet they have certain things, like the picnic tables which they use to try and cater to families. The bar is really cool and well stocked. Their inside social area is pretty clever and inviting and their outdoor pool, patio, performance area is outstanding. Of course the live music also helps.Special Features:
- salads and fish and schipsPlanetjDined on 9/8/2012salads and fish and schips and mussels were terrific. ordered seared tuna that was over cooked, overpriced, was my dinner but it was more of an appetizer portion, that was disappoioting. Music was way too loud indoors, could not have a conversation with my husband. person who greeted us at the door was aloof, "just sit anywhere", after I said we had never been there it didn't matter to them and they walked away. The waiter we had was pleasant.Special Features:
- I was a little concerned aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2012I was a little concerned about the quality of service because of other reviews about poor service. I was pleasantly surprised by the attentive and friendly service we received. Very trendy and lively atmosphere. I love the outdoor area with the fire and the comfy seating.
- OUr server was so slow andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012OUr server was so slow and not very attentive at filling water glasses etc. SHe was nice and friendly but just seemed to either be new or not that concerned about our experience. The food was great and we love the ambience.Special Features:
- Maybe an off night? Maybe not?DateNightDined on 8/18/2012First, let me start that the wait staff was less than expected. We had reservations and no one was manning the hostice desk. We stood there for at least five minutes before anyone even asked if we needed help. They were not able to help so they found someone that could. We finally got seated and our waitress was poorly trained. When I'm having dinner and it's going to cost $100 for two to have a meal, I expect waitstaff better trained better than Denny's. She didn't explain the menu and didn't refill our drinks without asking. The food was fair, portion sizes were small and no one bothered to tell us it was a'la carte. We went there for birthday party so we stayed after our dinner. We managed to get another waiter but had simular results.Special Features:
- If I hadn't had a food creditOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012If I hadn't had a food credit I would have been very disappointed with the food. It was average at best. I would never eat there again.
- There were several issuesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012There were several issues that we had to bring up to management. And even though the manager tried to adjust to make things better, in the end there we just too many issues that left the night a bust. From issues with seating, slow service, undisclosed menu pricing, unsanatary issue in the kitchen, food not prepared as requested. So like I said the manager tried his best to make us feel comfortable and for that I give him a 10 for effort, but in the end I would not look to host another even there at all.Special Features:
- The service was the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The service was the worst I have had in a long time. We had 10 people for dinner and we could not get service. Missing items from the menu and wecould not get a good mix drink... For breakfast we waited almost 11/2. Very disappointed....
- We were totally disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2012We were totally disappointed in the whole experience, both dinner and breakfast. The dress code was listed as business casual though the only entrance to pool area was through the middle of the restaurant and tables were made of plexiglass filled with straw. Really? They didn't have the draft beer that was listed on the menu and bottles served were barely cool, the creme brulee was soupy instead of custard, the morning pancakes were burned on the outside and gooey on the inside. The pool area was very nice but the restaurant and hotel were not.
- First time and what a surpriseRepeat2CustomersDined on 7/7/2012First time and what a surprise to find such a funky restaurant in a hotel - reminded me of the W's we've stayed before. Service was a bit slow but the food was great - when it got there. Luckily we weren't in a hurry. A portion of our order never arrived but the tapas we had ordered were sufficient. Despite the minor hiccups, we'll come back again.Special Features:
- The ambiance was nice if you'reOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2012The ambiance was nice if you're looking for a bar scene with upscale "bar food". We went during the summer in July and they keep a huge fireplace burning at night on their patio for lighting and ambiance but even outside we were sweating the entire time. It was wayyy too hot for that. We tried two different wines and both tasted poorly. We would go back if seeking a bar atmosphere with outdoor music for drinks and dinner but not when seeking a nice meal with great service and a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:
- The service was not good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012The service was not good and the drinks were not even stirred. Food was good though. Seemed like a pretty sterile atmosphere due to the crowd. Chairs were cool. We are glad We tried it but will not return.
- Service was great, food wasjw1447VIPDined on 6/22/2012Service was great, food was excellent, but drink prices were extremely high.Special Features:
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2012This is the first bad restaurant fron OpenTable. The staff acted as if they do not know I have a reservation. I have to look around for their staff. I finally found the hotel receptionist. Apparently, he's also the restaurant staff. He began to look for a table and started cleaning it. At that juncture, I told him I am just gonna leave and go somewhere else.
- I had visited the Las ColinasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012I had visited the Las Colinas location a year ago and enjoyed the atmosphere. I wanted to check out the Plano location and it did not disappoint! Service was great! Food was excellent! Atmosphere nice and serene...we were there for 3 hours! I will visit again!Special Features:
- The food and service wereEveDVIPDined on 5/31/2012The food and service were adequate but the ambiance on the patio was our primary reason for going. Unfortunately we chose a date when there were 2 birthday parties and some graduation parties so that killed the ambiance for our date night.
- Good for a bar not for dinner.PoorexperienceVIPDined on 5/26/2012Good for a bar not for dinner. I would definitely hang out there with a group.Special Features:
- Don't reccomendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Food was overpriced and small portions. Service was very slowSpecial Features:
- The restaurant is locatedMelinMurphyDined on 4/15/2012The restaurant is located inside the hotel and is a nice set up. Not really kid or family friendly and it isn't very large. Compact space. The food was ok (we had brunch) but we may have to go back for dinner sometime and see if the food lives up to the reviews we read. The food we did have was fresh and good but the reviews we read heightened our expectations . Looks like it may be for y a younger trendier crowd.Special Features:
- The food was very good, servedmmmmgoodDined on 4/1/2012The food was very good, served hot & fresh. We decided to eat at an off time, Sunday 5pm. There weren't many dining patrons and a few people at the bar. The bar tender was trying to cover the bar and us, which made the service a little week.Special Features:
- terrific ambiance, uniqueTrojanVIPDined on 3/7/2012terrific ambiance, unique decor, wonderful personal serviceSpecial Features: