Locklear's Beach City Grill
101 E. Arctic Ave.
Folly Beach, SC 29439Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Locklear's Beach City Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://locklearsrestaurant.com/beachcitygrill
- Phone: 8435886412
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 11:00am
Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Kincaid
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Locklear's Beach City Grill
Locklear's Beach City Grill is located on the Folly Beach pier with beautiful oceanfront views of Folly Beach and fresh seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Locklear's Beach City Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- birthday dinnerPeggy360Dined on 7/14/2014We enjoyed the food. It was served at a good speed since we ate very early the evening we were there. The fried seafood, shrimp, scollops and fish were very good, the red rice not so much. It would be nice to have another choice. Lemonade was very good with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat Anytime we are at the BeachDebbieNDined on 7/1/2014We live in Charleston and vacation on Folly every summer, plus go out during the winter for weekends. Locklear's is always on our list of places to eat. We have had small groups and very large groups and have always been seated promptly. The food is excellent and the service is always good. If you are looking for elegant fine dining, then Locklear's is not for you. It is a very nice, typical beach restaurant. We love it and are actually going there tomorrow night with a group of eight and very much looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, disappointing foodSeayaDined on 6/22/2014Terrific location land-side of pier. Seating available in or out. It's a beach restaurant. I suspect good for burgers, sandwiches & fries, but we ventured into dinner specials & were horribly dissatisfied. She crab soup was gloppy & tasteless barely crab. Both of us had fish dishes, stuffed trout & mahi we were told were fresh of the day from the seafood market just across the bridge (we shop there too). Trout was fresh, slightly crisped on the skin but overstuffed with a cheesy, llight on the crab stuffing. Stuffing was scrapped out after two bites. Mahi was overcooked to dry texture and served with a topping of a minced salsa. Our server was no where to be found after food delivery. We had to find our own utensils to eat our meal.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD AND VIEWwillard2Dined on 6/21/2014We went to Locklear's for a family celebration. Our server was knowledgeable and had a great personality. Sometimes it is difficult to please a party of six, but we all walked away with full bellies and happy faces!Special Features:
- Great viewOnceisenoughDined on 6/15/2014Great view, good service, but the food was disappointing.Special Features:
- Never a bad meal and fantastic viewSeaforeverVIPDined on 6/13/2014I can honestly say I've never had a bad meal here, the menu is great, food is fantastic, the view is picture perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Locklear's Beach City Grill reviews archive.
- Good local seafood at Locklear'sLlamaDined on 5/4/2014Seasonal soft shell crabs and fish were excellent. Hush puppies very tasty when we received some hot after kitchen forgot them from platter. Red rice was completely forgettable and cold; did not eat it. Service friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not go!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014We had a large group of 15 people and needed a restaurant that could accommodate us. I found Locklear's on open table and they confirmed they could take us at 8:30 pm. We showed up at 8:30 and were told it would be 10 - 40 minutes depending on when a large party got up from their table. 40 minutes passed and they said it would probably be another 15. We patiently waited and had a few drinks, knowing we were a larger group. BY 10 PM, we gave up and asked to speak to a manager. He offered nothing but a brief apology. We went over to Taco Boy who sat us immediately. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't put your restaurant on this service if you're not going to use it. Total Scam.
- Gorgeous ViewgbnflDined on 4/6/2014Awesome spot on Folly Beach. Our waiter, Eric was more than kind & very funny. He was very attentive to our table, even though he was very busy with the Brunch rush. Prices are very reasonable considering this is an oceanfront restaurant. It is refreshing to see an establishment not price gouge based on location. We are locals & tend to shy away from "tourist areas", but all my friends agreed due to such accommodating staff & a fun drink list, we will be sure to return here when we want to enjoy the beach. Can't beat the scenic views from this restaurant.Special Features: