lock stock and barrel
1100 W Jefferson
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
lock stock and barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lsbboise.com/
- Phone: 2083364266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: 11:00am - 6:00pm.
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Douglas Cole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms for groups of 30, 45 and 65 call for arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Scott or Tom 2083364266
A word from lock stock and barrel
Established in 1977. Known for fantastic Prime rib and steaks. All steaks aged and hand carved in house. Meals are all inclusive with your choice of sides and salads including the Soup & Salad bar. Full bar and extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
lock stock and barrel - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
lock stock and barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (19)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (12)romantic (12)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Dinner at it bestjoe83716Dined on 9/10/2014The Lock Stock and Barrel has long been one our favorite dining options, date back to the late 70's. I continues to be at the top of our list list and seems to improve at each visit. We had great food, great service and great care dining with our friends Wednesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014always great food, service and value. we go there altleast 4 times per yearSpecial Features:
- engagementfoodromanceDined on 8/29/2014My fiancé and I had always known about Lock Stock and Barrel, but had never had the opportunity to go there. I had decided to ask her to marry me there during dinner. The atmosphere was perfect. The waiter answered all the food and wine questions we had, as well as he helped me by putting the ring I had gotten for her in her glass of champaign. The evening was perfect. The food was perfection at its finest. I WILL be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantRBNampaDined on 8/23/2014They have the best Barrell steaks! I have never had a bad meal, it is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Classic SteakhouseRavenousDragonDined on 8/20/2014My mother was visiting Boise and wanted to go to a steakhouse. I chose Lock, Stock, and Barrel because I have always enjoyed it in the past, and it's nice, but not too fancy. The house salad with the house dressing (a creamy garlic parmesan) was a great mix of flavors and fresh. My mom had the fabulous tomato and sweet onion salad with feta, and let me steal some of the onions and feta. The onions were truly sweet with no bite. Yum! My mom ordered the prime rib, and the first thing she said was that it was cooked just the way she liked it. My ribeye was also cooked to my specification. It was not as flavorful as I would have liked, but the gorgonzola topping and sauteed mushrooms were a tasty accompaniment. I also enjoyed the creme brulee.Special Features:
- Dinner with the co-workersLoveAGreatMealDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service to Accompany what has to be one of the Best, Big, Bone-in-Rib-Eye Steaks In Town! I finally go the Boss to go here, and he was pleasantly surprised. the wife and I eat at the LS&B a few times a year, and have Never Been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good prime RabCincyChzDined on 8/16/2014This is our first time to visit disestablishment. Staff was friendly food was really good. I found the place to be so loud that was very difficult to keep conversation with my family. But overall it seem like a good value for the quality of meat that you received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You never let us down.Jon50Dined on 8/15/2014We always bring out of town guests to the Lock Stock and Barrel. It seems whoever we bring, that prime rib is the choice and the restaurant has never let us down. Great for my wife's birthday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerElbyDined on 8/12/2014Celebrated our anniversary dinner here on Tuesday night. First time here. We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. Since our reservation was for 5:30 PM the place was not crowded as there was only two other tables being served. Mike was our waiter and was very pleased with him and his knowledge. The crab & artichoke dip starter was excellent, but it is a large serving. Something probably for four people, vice two. We decided to go with Garden salads and were very pleased as the salads were very large. The wife had the sirloin & shrimp brochette with beans and I had the double cut black pepper crusted pork rib eye with au gratin potatoes. All food was outstanding and we had plenty to take home. Coffee was fantastic!Special Features:
- Best Prime RibRsb1Dined on 8/8/2014Best prime rib in Boise hands down. Alway cooked correctly and not just a hunk of fat like so many restaurants. Great servers. Laid back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner with adult familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were seated immediately upon giving our name to the maître d'. Service was prompt and courteous, our server friendly and professional. Three of our four steaks were done perfectly to our medium rare order. My steak was slightly overdone, our server removed it promptly and had a new steak prepared. He returned with a new steak, cooked to medium rare perfection, within minutes. The quality of the beef was excellent, and the mushrooms I ordered for my vegetable were delicious. We were all very satisfied with our experience and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great foodAKatDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Lock, Stock, and Barrel. The service was outstanding, and the food was delicious and plentiful. You definitely don't walk out hungry. It did empty out early for a Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Food Quality and Service SuperbBoisewiseguyDined on 7/24/2014I've been to Lock Stock and Barrel many times in the past, and it continues to hit high marks on overall food quality and quality of service. There is no lamb served in the Treasure Valley that comes close to LSB, and my wife's steak was perfect. Great atmosphere, excellent service, and top quality meals, LSB is incredible.Special Features:
- My Favorite Restaurant!RBNampaDined on 7/18/2014Best restaurant in Boise. Love Love Love their steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBandBDined on 7/12/2014A wonderful selection of new combinations of Italian items, with portions large enough to share by 4 adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT!FavoriteDined on 7/12/2014The Lock, Stock and Barrel, is our family's favorite restaurant. We've gone there for years and love celebrating special occasions there. The staff is always friendly, helpful and courteous and we have always had excellent meals there. Besides special nights, we will stop by the Lock on our way home to have the Salad Bar for dinner, especially on hot summer nights. For us, this is a neighborhood gem and a restaurant that we hope is around for many more years to come!Special Features:
- The Waiter...bestrollseverDined on 7/12/2014We had a great waiter. His name was JIm. Very attentive, chill, no pressure and was totally on top of it! Nice job!Special Features:
- charlieVIPDined on 6/29/2014If you want excellent food, especially the beef, and great service, this is definitely the place!Special Features:
- SmartdinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014If this is fine dining as they call it in Boise, Idaho don't go to Boise to dine. I have never found anywhere inBoise that is fine food.
- Great SteakIslandGirlDined on 6/29/2014We had the best aged steak at Lock, Stock, and Barrel in a long time. All of the sides were wonderfully tasty as well. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribluv2skateDined on 6/28/2014Lock, Stock and Barrel is our "go to" place for prime rib. Great service and a good salad bar...chilled plates and homemade dressings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent melaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014We had an excellent meal! Excellent service even with several large groups. All tables were full even at 07:30. If you want to take advantage of the live music in the bar, go early to get a seat. We will the next time. Our meals were the pork tenderloin risotto and an herbed pork tenderloin. The risotto was wonderfully creamy and perfectly cooked pork. The herbed pork was cooked to perfection. A little pink and very moist. We had the au gratin potatoes. I've never seen them prepared i such a way. Cut very thick in stead of very thin. A great experience and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just averageSirEatsOutAlotDined on 6/27/2014Not the best. Nothing seemed really fresh and the service was very average. Music was great though.Special Features:
- Exceptional serviceSteakandspudsDined on 6/21/2014First, the service we received was second to none. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and taken right to our table. Our waiter was knowledgeable about all dishes, the drinks, and just incredibly pleasant without being overbearing. He never hovered over us, but was always nearby if we needed him. He was the best part of the experience. My fiance's steak was cooked as requested, well-done, but so tender and juicy, as was my chicken. Sadly, both dishes fell short on flavor and were almost bland. The wine list was disappointing. Under the varietal, it only included the name of the winery and the price, notably missing the name of the wine and the year. Many wineries have a few red blends or cabs, and I'd like to know what I'm getting.
- Greta for a large group!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014We had never been to LS & B and took a group of 12. The service was excellent!!!! We had a couple of kids in our group and really were looking for a great steakhouse in Boise that was comfortable, casual for a large group but that had good food. This was it! The food was delicious and it had a nice salad bar. The entire experience was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 6/15/2014Great prime rib !! The soups are always very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meat in townskindogDined on 6/12/2014I love this restaurant, and have supported LS&B for close to 30 years. I recommend it to anyone looking for the best in a steak restaurant.Special Features:
- Good music, good foodJohneagle1Dined on 5/23/2014The Friday that we went there was a guy singing and playing the guitar. He was pretty good. Good enough where I was paying more attention to him then to my in laws...darn. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- The following 239 reviews are from the lock stock and barrel reviews archive.
- Excellent classic steakhouse!lovefoodDined on 5/19/2014We went for our anniversary and loved it! Classic old school restaurant. The waiter was awesome .. great service and attentive. The steaks are delicious but were alittle overcooked (ordered rare and med rare) compared to most fine steakhouses. All around meal was very good! Definitely would recommend as the prices are MUCH better compared to a Ruth's Chris and just as tasty. Excellent value meal. The cow pie dessert is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are Awesome!HeavyCDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I decided to go to Lock, Stock for our anniversary. Plus, it had been a while since the last time. Both of our steaks were cooked to perfection. Totally jealous of my wife's fillet. Melt in your mouth! Server was very nice and attentive. Will most definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO GOOOOD!!!RBNampaDined on 5/16/2014Best steak dinner in town! I always look forward with excitement to going to dinner at Lock Stock and Barrel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ls&bharleygal55Dined on 5/3/2014I like Lock Stock. They have really good menu and bar choices. However, everything is slightly over priced by $3. or $4. That little extra mark up makes it a "special occasion" place for me. I would not normally spend that kind of money for a casual steak dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic CelebrationsNatnDeeDined on 5/2/2014The best Steak and Prime Rib I have ever eaten in all of the Western US. The atmosphere is casual and romantic. The service above par and exceeding all expectations. The salad bar is always crisp and fresh. The bread hot and fresh also. The seafood is also prepared to perfection. You come here for the quality of food and service. You pay well for this kind of experience and are not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner for two!SaraandWillDined on 4/26/2014My sweetheart and I went here for his birthday. We were seated immediately because of our reservation I made online. our service was very good. The food was excellent. I had lobster and he had prime rib. We were very happy!Special Features:
- Romantic NighttwoguncopswifeDined on 4/22/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday and our anniversary there. Wonderful food that melts in your mouth. Worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch at Lock Stock & BarrelESquireDined on 4/18/2014LS&B is a well-known steak house on the northwest edge of Boise's City Center. Their lunch menu is short but surprisingly robust. I enjoyed a grilled salmon salad and my companion raved about the teriyaki steak kabobs. Service was prompt and attentive. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicebobkatDined on 4/16/2014Food exceeded the high expectations to which we've grown accustomed over many years, that is, even better than usual. Our server was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMaryDined on 4/4/2014A delightful find! Food was wonderful and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BkrateDined on 3/28/2014Lock Stock and Barrel has made some major improvements in the quality of meals served. The service was great. I would recommend this resturaunt.Special Features:
- Fun night outgreatfoodDined on 3/28/2014This is a place that has always been a favorite. It is well known for it's prime rib but I chose to have the filet which was excellent. They have a good salad bar or they offer to make a variety of salads for you. My friend ordered shrimp scampi and said it also was very good in a buttery garlic sauce. Reservations are a good idea especially on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.