lock stock and barrel
1100 W Jefferson
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
lock stock and barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lsbboise.com/
- Phone: 2083364266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: 11:00am - 6:00pm.
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Douglas Cole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms for groups of 30, 45 and 65 call for arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Scott or Tom 2083364266
A word from lock stock and barrel
Established in 1977. Known for fantastic Prime rib and steaks. All steaks aged and hand carved in house. Meals are all inclusive with your choice of sides and salads including the Soup & Salad bar. Full bar and extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
lock stock and barrel - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
lock stock and barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (15)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)Show More
- My birthday bash!TagadogDined on 10/12/2014My wife and friends visiting from California, took me out for my 65th Birthday. We all enjoyed a wonderful meal and wished we would have come on a Friday or Saturday to enjoy the late-night bar scene. Just felt it would be a fun night. We were very at ease with staff and would highly recommend Lock Stock and Barrel to our friends!! My steak was perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again Lovely EveningimnotcookingtonightDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful food and service. I ordered the The rack of lamb (again) and it was elegant. This time I shared it with one of my guests as I wanted to try the salad bar too. Perfect amount of food! Our waiter was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for large portionsMarkVIPDined on 10/1/2014Good for those who want large portions, but there are better fine steak restaurant options available.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Took clients to Lock Stock and Barrel for dinner and wasn't blown away. Ordered the steamers and bacon wrapped scallops for an ap, both were very good. I love soups, especially chowder so I tried a bowl of their clam chowder from the salad bar. I had two bites and stopped, it was horrible. It tasted like it was straight out of a can, and I'm pretty sure it was overcooked or burnt. One of the clients also tried it and stopped after the first bite. Ordered the prime rib for my main meal, as I was told it was what they were know for. It was good, but not anything off the charts, especially if it was suppose to be their signature cut.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The servers and everyone was efficient and very friendly. Food was excellent. One person's cut of meat was tough, so they replaced it with a fillet that was tender and gave her a free slice of cheesecake for the trouble. They took good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceLbrodenDined on 9/23/2014Took my husband to Lock Stock for his birthday since it is one of his favorite locations for great food and proper drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We had the Sunday Prime Rib special and it was excellent. Salad bar very good. Excellent house wine. Robert was an excellent server and well appreciated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Food is not reliable. I've been there for the bacon wrapped scallops when they have been excellent. Last time the bacon was under-cooked and the scallops still had a bit of sand in them.Special Features:
- Very Very good all aroundTerryDined on 9/12/2014Had not been there in several years but saw high ratings on OTable and gave it a try. We were very pleased. The steak was as good as it gets and compares favorably to any steakhouse here or elsewhere. Service was just right and all the sides were very good. It is an older place not a NY style place but you cannot beat the steak they serve. Cooked perfectly and as tender as I have had. Great job. And thanks Open Table. Dessert was over the top and huge. We saw it and thought we will never eat it all but we did!!!Special Features:
- Dinner at it bestjoe83716Dined on 9/10/2014The Lock Stock and Barrel has long been one our favorite dining options, date back to the late 70's. I continues to be at the top of our list list and seems to improve at each visit. We had great food, great service and great care dining with our friends Wednesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014always great food, service and value. we go there altleast 4 times per yearSpecial Features:
- engagementfoodromanceDined on 8/29/2014My fiancé and I had always known about Lock Stock and Barrel, but had never had the opportunity to go there. I had decided to ask her to marry me there during dinner. The atmosphere was perfect. The waiter answered all the food and wine questions we had, as well as he helped me by putting the ring I had gotten for her in her glass of champaign. The evening was perfect. The food was perfection at its finest. I WILL be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantRBNampaDined on 8/23/2014They have the best Barrell steaks! I have never had a bad meal, it is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Classic SteakhouseRavenousDragonDined on 8/20/2014My mother was visiting Boise and wanted to go to a steakhouse. I chose Lock, Stock, and Barrel because I have always enjoyed it in the past, and it's nice, but not too fancy. The house salad with the house dressing (a creamy garlic parmesan) was a great mix of flavors and fresh. My mom had the fabulous tomato and sweet onion salad with feta, and let me steal some of the onions and feta. The onions were truly sweet with no bite. Yum! My mom ordered the prime rib, and the first thing she said was that it was cooked just the way she liked it. My ribeye was also cooked to my specification. It was not as flavorful as I would have liked, but the gorgonzola topping and sauteed mushrooms were a tasty accompaniment. I also enjoyed the creme brulee.Special Features:
- Dinner with the co-workersLoveAGreatMealDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service to Accompany what has to be one of the Best, Big, Bone-in-Rib-Eye Steaks In Town! I finally go the Boss to go here, and he was pleasantly surprised. the wife and I eat at the LS&B a few times a year, and have Never Been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good prime RabCincyChzDined on 8/16/2014This is our first time to visit disestablishment. Staff was friendly food was really good. I found the place to be so loud that was very difficult to keep conversation with my family. But overall it seem like a good value for the quality of meat that you received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You never let us down.Jon50Dined on 8/15/2014We always bring out of town guests to the Lock Stock and Barrel. It seems whoever we bring, that prime rib is the choice and the restaurant has never let us down. Great for my wife's birthday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerElbyDined on 8/12/2014Celebrated our anniversary dinner here on Tuesday night. First time here. We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. Since our reservation was for 5:30 PM the place was not crowded as there was only two other tables being served. Mike was our waiter and was very pleased with him and his knowledge. The crab & artichoke dip starter was excellent, but it is a large serving. Something probably for four people, vice two. We decided to go with Garden salads and were very pleased as the salads were very large. The wife had the sirloin & shrimp brochette with beans and I had the double cut black pepper crusted pork rib eye with au gratin potatoes. All food was outstanding and we had plenty to take home. Coffee was fantastic!Special Features:
- Best Prime RibRsb1Dined on 8/8/2014Best prime rib in Boise hands down. Alway cooked correctly and not just a hunk of fat like so many restaurants. Great servers. Laid back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner with adult familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were seated immediately upon giving our name to the maître d'. Service was prompt and courteous, our server friendly and professional. Three of our four steaks were done perfectly to our medium rare order. My steak was slightly overdone, our server removed it promptly and had a new steak prepared. He returned with a new steak, cooked to medium rare perfection, within minutes. The quality of the beef was excellent, and the mushrooms I ordered for my vegetable were delicious. We were all very satisfied with our experience and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Great foodAKatDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Lock, Stock, and Barrel. The service was outstanding, and the food was delicious and plentiful. You definitely don't walk out hungry. It did empty out early for a Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Food Quality and Service SuperbBoisewiseguyDined on 7/24/2014I've been to Lock Stock and Barrel many times in the past, and it continues to hit high marks on overall food quality and quality of service. There is no lamb served in the Treasure Valley that comes close to LSB, and my wife's steak was perfect. Great atmosphere, excellent service, and top quality meals, LSB is incredible.Special Features:
- My Favorite Restaurant!RBNampaDined on 7/18/2014Best restaurant in Boise. Love Love Love their steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBandBDined on 7/12/2014A wonderful selection of new combinations of Italian items, with portions large enough to share by 4 adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT!FavoriteDined on 7/12/2014The Lock, Stock and Barrel, is our family's favorite restaurant. We've gone there for years and love celebrating special occasions there. The staff is always friendly, helpful and courteous and we have always had excellent meals there. Besides special nights, we will stop by the Lock on our way home to have the Salad Bar for dinner, especially on hot summer nights. For us, this is a neighborhood gem and a restaurant that we hope is around for many more years to come!Special Features:
- The Waiter...bestrollseverDined on 7/12/2014We had a great waiter. His name was JIm. Very attentive, chill, no pressure and was totally on top of it! Nice job!Special Features:
- charlieVIPDined on 6/29/2014If you want excellent food, especially the beef, and great service, this is definitely the place!Special Features:
- SmartdinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014If this is fine dining as they call it in Boise, Idaho don't go to Boise to dine. I have never found anywhere inBoise that is fine food.
- Great SteakIslandGirlDined on 6/29/2014We had the best aged steak at Lock, Stock, and Barrel in a long time. All of the sides were wonderfully tasty as well. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribluv2skateDined on 6/28/2014Lock, Stock and Barrel is our "go to" place for prime rib. Great service and a good salad bar...chilled plates and homemade dressings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent melaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014We had an excellent meal! Excellent service even with several large groups. All tables were full even at 07:30. If you want to take advantage of the live music in the bar, go early to get a seat. We will the next time. Our meals were the pork tenderloin risotto and an herbed pork tenderloin. The risotto was wonderfully creamy and perfectly cooked pork. The herbed pork was cooked to perfection. A little pink and very moist. We had the au gratin potatoes. I've never seen them prepared i such a way. Cut very thick in stead of very thin. A great experience and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just averageSirEatsOutAlotDined on 6/27/2014Not the best. Nothing seemed really fresh and the service was very average. Music was great though.Special Features:
- The following 244 reviews are from the lock stock and barrel reviews archive.
- Exceptional serviceSteakandspudsDined on 6/21/2014First, the service we received was second to none. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and taken right to our table. Our waiter was knowledgeable about all dishes, the drinks, and just incredibly pleasant without being overbearing. He never hovered over us, but was always nearby if we needed him. He was the best part of the experience. My fiance's steak was cooked as requested, well-done, but so tender and juicy, as was my chicken. Sadly, both dishes fell short on flavor and were almost bland. The wine list was disappointing. Under the varietal, it only included the name of the winery and the price, notably missing the name of the wine and the year. Many wineries have a few red blends or cabs, and I'd like to know what I'm getting.
- Greta for a large group!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014We had never been to LS & B and took a group of 12. The service was excellent!!!! We had a couple of kids in our group and really were looking for a great steakhouse in Boise that was comfortable, casual for a large group but that had good food. This was it! The food was delicious and it had a nice salad bar. The entire experience was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 6/15/2014Great prime rib !! The soups are always very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meat in townskindogDined on 6/12/2014I love this restaurant, and have supported LS&B for close to 30 years. I recommend it to anyone looking for the best in a steak restaurant.Special Features:
- Good music, good foodJohneagle1Dined on 5/23/2014The Friday that we went there was a guy singing and playing the guitar. He was pretty good. Good enough where I was paying more attention to him then to my in laws...darn. Food was delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent classic steakhouse!lovefoodDined on 5/19/2014We went for our anniversary and loved it! Classic old school restaurant. The waiter was awesome .. great service and attentive. The steaks are delicious but were alittle overcooked (ordered rare and med rare) compared to most fine steakhouses. All around meal was very good! Definitely would recommend as the prices are MUCH better compared to a Ruth's Chris and just as tasty. Excellent value meal. The cow pie dessert is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are Awesome!HeavyCDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I decided to go to Lock, Stock for our anniversary. Plus, it had been a while since the last time. Both of our steaks were cooked to perfection. Totally jealous of my wife's fillet. Melt in your mouth! Server was very nice and attentive. Will most definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO GOOOOD!!!RBNampaDined on 5/16/2014Best steak dinner in town! I always look forward with excitement to going to dinner at Lock Stock and Barrel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.