lock stock and barrel
1100 W Jefferson
Boise, ID 83702Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
lock stock and barrel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lsbboise.com/
- Phone: (208) 336-4266
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Happy Hour: 11:00am - 6:00pm.
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00, Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Douglas Cole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms for groups of 30, 45 and 65 call for arrangements.
- Private Party Contact: Scott or Tom 2083364266
A word from lock stock and barrel
Established in 1977. Known for fantastic Prime rib and steaks. All steaks aged and hand carved in house. Meals are all inclusive with your choice of sides and salads including the Soup & Salad bar. Full bar and extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
lock stock and barrel - Best Restaurants in Boise ›
lock stock and barrel reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (16)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Didn't know about the live musicTinaVIPDined on 11/21/2014The service was very good as was the food. Very large portions - the artichoke dip was awesome. Tomato salad very heavy on the raw onions but our pastas were good. Sadly, there was live music in the bar and conversation was impossible throughout the restaurant. Even our waiter could not communicate with us easily. The music was poor and the "band" was most enjoyable when they took their break. I would return if passing through Boise again but only if there was no live music scheduled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Delightful as usual!BrigtednayspDined on 11/14/2014This was our 3rd time coming to Lock Stock and Barrel, and it did not disappoint! The prime rib was a first for me and it was awesome! Horseradish mashed potatoes were delicious as usual. My husband's birthday Double Barrel Steak had no complaints. And to top things off, they brought out a monsterous mudslide ice cream cake for him also! LSB was amazing as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Tasty!RBNampaDined on 11/8/2014We love the Barrell Steaks, Prime Rib and Jumbo Prawns! Best place in Boise for a steak dinner!!Special Features:
- treasured gemidxpathmanDined on 11/1/2014The Lock is a longtime fixture in the Boise restaurant scene with a devoted local following for their food, salad bar, (great) Caesar salad, and for the live music there. We go there regularlySpecial Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Absolutely the best prime rib I've had in a long time. Can always count on Lock Stock and Barrel for the best. Love that it's local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodStandardDined on 10/28/2014In Boise on a visit from Boston. The meet was remarkable and the price was goodSpecial Features:
- The best prime rib in Boise-notLiloDined on 10/26/2014We have ordered the prime rib special with baked potato and kids meal chicken strips for our son. My baked potato I ordered with the fixings on the side, while my husband ordered his regular. They both came with everything on the side including a lot of cubed butter? The prime rib came cold, so did my sons chicken tenders (not chicken strips?). The food was OK but not worth the price charged, even with the special. The server was courteous but clumsy, he dropped some of mine silverware and he also spilled salad at the next table. We dined upstairs and it was too loud and too dark, I couldn't even see how much salt and pepper I was putting on. Very disappointed not "fine dinning at all "
- so soBilCheDined on 10/25/2014The Caesar Salad was plain lettuce and croutons???? Salmon ok - a little dry. Barrell steak was good. Service marginal. Server rushed everything - when I was half finished he keep asking could he bring to go boxes.Special Features:
- good food bad servicegdfoodbadsrvceDined on 10/22/2014Great prime rib a bit over priced. But service was a joke. There were my table and one other table In the whole restaurant. We had a young woman waitress slow service, ordered a mamossa she brought out the juice and champagne separate. She let our waters run out twice, never checked on our foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday bash!TagadogDined on 10/12/2014My wife and friends visiting from California, took me out for my 65th Birthday. We all enjoyed a wonderful meal and wished we would have come on a Friday or Saturday to enjoy the late-night bar scene. Just felt it would be a fun night. We were very at ease with staff and would highly recommend Lock Stock and Barrel to our friends!! My steak was perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again Lovely EveningimnotcookingtonightDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful food and service. I ordered the The rack of lamb (again) and it was elegant. This time I shared it with one of my guests as I wanted to try the salad bar too. Perfect amount of food! Our waiter was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for large portionsMarkVIPDined on 10/1/2014Good for those who want large portions, but there are better fine steak restaurant options available.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014Took clients to Lock Stock and Barrel for dinner and wasn't blown away. Ordered the steamers and bacon wrapped scallops for an ap, both were very good. I love soups, especially chowder so I tried a bowl of their clam chowder from the salad bar. I had two bites and stopped, it was horrible. It tasted like it was straight out of a can, and I'm pretty sure it was overcooked or burnt. One of the clients also tried it and stopped after the first bite. Ordered the prime rib for my main meal, as I was told it was what they were know for. It was good, but not anything off the charts, especially if it was suppose to be their signature cut.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The servers and everyone was efficient and very friendly. Food was excellent. One person's cut of meat was tough, so they replaced it with a fillet that was tender and gave her a free slice of cheesecake for the trouble. They took good care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceLbrodenDined on 9/23/2014Took my husband to Lock Stock for his birthday since it is one of his favorite locations for great food and proper drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014We had the Sunday Prime Rib special and it was excellent. Salad bar very good. Excellent house wine. Robert was an excellent server and well appreciated.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Food is not reliable. I've been there for the bacon wrapped scallops when they have been excellent. Last time the bacon was under-cooked and the scallops still had a bit of sand in them.Special Features:
- Very Very good all aroundTerryDined on 9/12/2014Had not been there in several years but saw high ratings on OTable and gave it a try. We were very pleased. The steak was as good as it gets and compares favorably to any steakhouse here or elsewhere. Service was just right and all the sides were very good. It is an older place not a NY style place but you cannot beat the steak they serve. Cooked perfectly and as tender as I have had. Great job. And thanks Open Table. Dessert was over the top and huge. We saw it and thought we will never eat it all but we did!!!Special Features:
- Dinner at it bestjoe83716Dined on 9/10/2014The Lock Stock and Barrel has long been one our favorite dining options, date back to the late 70's. I continues to be at the top of our list list and seems to improve at each visit. We had great food, great service and great care dining with our friends Wednesday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014always great food, service and value. we go there altleast 4 times per yearSpecial Features:
- engagementfoodromanceDined on 8/29/2014My fiancé and I had always known about Lock Stock and Barrel, but had never had the opportunity to go there. I had decided to ask her to marry me there during dinner. The atmosphere was perfect. The waiter answered all the food and wine questions we had, as well as he helped me by putting the ring I had gotten for her in her glass of champaign. The evening was perfect. The food was perfection at its finest. I WILL be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantRBNampaDined on 8/23/2014They have the best Barrell steaks! I have never had a bad meal, it is my favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- Classic SteakhouseRavenousDragonDined on 8/20/2014My mother was visiting Boise and wanted to go to a steakhouse. I chose Lock, Stock, and Barrel because I have always enjoyed it in the past, and it's nice, but not too fancy. The house salad with the house dressing (a creamy garlic parmesan) was a great mix of flavors and fresh. My mom had the fabulous tomato and sweet onion salad with feta, and let me steal some of the onions and feta. The onions were truly sweet with no bite. Yum! My mom ordered the prime rib, and the first thing she said was that it was cooked just the way she liked it. My ribeye was also cooked to my specification. It was not as flavorful as I would have liked, but the gorgonzola topping and sauteed mushrooms were a tasty accompaniment. I also enjoyed the creme brulee.Special Features:
- Dinner with the co-workersLoveAGreatMealDined on 8/20/2014Excellent service to Accompany what has to be one of the Best, Big, Bone-in-Rib-Eye Steaks In Town! I finally go the Boss to go here, and he was pleasantly surprised. the wife and I eat at the LS&B a few times a year, and have Never Been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good prime RabCincyChzDined on 8/16/2014This is our first time to visit disestablishment. Staff was friendly food was really good. I found the place to be so loud that was very difficult to keep conversation with my family. But overall it seem like a good value for the quality of meat that you received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- You never let us down.Jon50Dined on 8/15/2014We always bring out of town guests to the Lock Stock and Barrel. It seems whoever we bring, that prime rib is the choice and the restaurant has never let us down. Great for my wife's birthday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerElbyDined on 8/12/2014Celebrated our anniversary dinner here on Tuesday night. First time here. We were pleasantly surprised with the restaurant. Since our reservation was for 5:30 PM the place was not crowded as there was only two other tables being served. Mike was our waiter and was very pleased with him and his knowledge. The crab & artichoke dip starter was excellent, but it is a large serving. Something probably for four people, vice two. We decided to go with Garden salads and were very pleased as the salads were very large. The wife had the sirloin & shrimp brochette with beans and I had the double cut black pepper crusted pork rib eye with au gratin potatoes. All food was outstanding and we had plenty to take home. Coffee was fantastic!Special Features:
- Best Prime RibRsb1Dined on 8/8/2014Best prime rib in Boise hands down. Alway cooked correctly and not just a hunk of fat like so many restaurants. Great servers. Laid back atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner with adult familyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We were seated immediately upon giving our name to the maître d'. Service was prompt and courteous, our server friendly and professional. Three of our four steaks were done perfectly to our medium rare order. My steak was slightly overdone, our server removed it promptly and had a new steak prepared. He returned with a new steak, cooked to medium rare perfection, within minutes. The quality of the beef was excellent, and the mushrooms I ordered for my vegetable were delicious. We were all very satisfied with our experience and will certainly be back.Special Features:
- The following 256 reviews are from the lock stock and barrel reviews archive.
- Great foodAKatDined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful experience at Lock, Stock, and Barrel. The service was outstanding, and the food was delicious and plentiful. You definitely don't walk out hungry. It did empty out early for a Saturday evening.Special Features:
- Food Quality and Service SuperbBoisewiseguyDined on 7/24/2014I've been to Lock Stock and Barrel many times in the past, and it continues to hit high marks on overall food quality and quality of service. There is no lamb served in the Treasure Valley that comes close to LSB, and my wife's steak was perfect. Great atmosphere, excellent service, and top quality meals, LSB is incredible.Special Features:
- My Favorite Restaurant!RBNampaDined on 7/18/2014Best restaurant in Boise. Love Love Love their steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousBandBDined on 7/12/2014A wonderful selection of new combinations of Italian items, with portions large enough to share by 4 adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT!FavoriteDined on 7/12/2014The Lock, Stock and Barrel, is our family's favorite restaurant. We've gone there for years and love celebrating special occasions there. The staff is always friendly, helpful and courteous and we have always had excellent meals there. Besides special nights, we will stop by the Lock on our way home to have the Salad Bar for dinner, especially on hot summer nights. For us, this is a neighborhood gem and a restaurant that we hope is around for many more years to come!Special Features:
- The Waiter...bestrollseverDined on 7/12/2014We had a great waiter. His name was JIm. Very attentive, chill, no pressure and was totally on top of it! Nice job!Special Features:
- charlieVIPDined on 6/29/2014If you want excellent food, especially the beef, and great service, this is definitely the place!Special Features:
- SmartdinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014If this is fine dining as they call it in Boise, Idaho don't go to Boise to dine. I have never found anywhere inBoise that is fine food.
- Great SteakIslandGirlDined on 6/29/2014We had the best aged steak at Lock, Stock, and Barrel in a long time. All of the sides were wonderfully tasty as well. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prime ribluv2skateDined on 6/28/2014Lock, Stock and Barrel is our "go to" place for prime rib. Great service and a good salad bar...chilled plates and homemade dressings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent melaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014We had an excellent meal! Excellent service even with several large groups. All tables were full even at 07:30. If you want to take advantage of the live music in the bar, go early to get a seat. We will the next time. Our meals were the pork tenderloin risotto and an herbed pork tenderloin. The risotto was wonderfully creamy and perfectly cooked pork. The herbed pork was cooked to perfection. A little pink and very moist. We had the au gratin potatoes. I've never seen them prepared i such a way. Cut very thick in stead of very thin. A great experience and look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.