833 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.loceanoristorante.com/
- Phone: 8568339888x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ellias Medinas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
- Catering: Off-site catering is available, please contact us for details
- Entertainment: Located on Haddon Avenue in the heart of Collingswood. Haddon Avenue offers guest a multitude of things to do during a night out.
- Special Events: $35 Four Course Tasting Menu * Not offered on Saturday
A word from L'Oceano Ristorante
A hip & chic Italian Seafood Restaurant nestled in the quaint town of historic Collingswood, NJ.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
L'Oceano Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
L'Oceano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (44)romantic (36)good for groups (21)hot spot (17)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I'm coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Glad we tried it. Great place great find. The proprietor made us very comfortable and explained everything.Special Features:
- Great place for seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014I had a great experience here. Chris, the owner, was our server, really nice guy. We started with JP's grilled romaine, which was amazing. Then we both got the fish of the day which was cooked whole and filleted table side. It was delicious. Chris said he changes the menu regularly, which to me is a sign of a good place. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Details OverlookedAnkleDocDined on 8/16/2014Went to L'Oceano for dinner last Saturday night. The meal was good, but there were several things that kept the meal from being great. First, we were sat inside in the back of the restaurant. I don't know if their air conditioning was broken, but it was HOT at our table. When you're dressed nicely and out for a relaxing dinner, 80+ degrees is too much! Secondly, the food was hit or miss. Some of the dishes were memorable, like the Maple Salmon, and some were forgettable, like the Lobster Spring Rolls (appetizer special that was dominated in taste by the potato filling). I like that the managers and staff try to please, but the service from the wait staff was inconsistent for such a small restaurant. Noisy too for its quaint size.Special Features:
- RonnjyDined on 8/16/2014Thought the food was better on our first dining experience. The veggies were cold but the fish was good.
- Will be backCruxVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic food!!! Great service. Can't believe I've missed out on this place for over a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance!DennyDined on 8/13/2014We picked L'Oceano for a girls night out and were not disappointed. The staff is friendly and helpful and there are plenty of yummy choices. Although we didn't take advantage of the 4 course menu (good value) all of our meals were top notch! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!HerbVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food preparation and presentation were great and were matched, if not exceeded, by excellent, friendly service. I could not decide between 2 interesting appetizers and although I selected one, both were brought to our table and the one I had not selected was on the house. The 4-course tasting menu was a great deal and we've already started recommending this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAndyKDined on 8/9/2014The food here was great, the service here was great - the place is just great! We walked in around 8pm on Saturday night and the host sat us right away with no issue! My fiance and I really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Ouch, my ears!PhuDeeDined on 8/9/2014Great food albeit a bit pricey. Good service till the end when the waitress seemed to forget us. The noise level grossly detracted from the meal and makes me reluctant to go back or recommend it. By the end of our meal my wife and I had to either yell ay each other or crawl across the table to make ourselves heard.Much like other Collingswood restaurants.Special Features:
- MLOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Food was good, but it was very noisy and grossly overpriced. I won't go back.
- GREAT PLACE!happydiners62Dined on 8/6/2014We loved our dining experience. The food was delicious. We had the fixed price four course dinner. Every course was special. The owner was all over us to be sure the food was perfect and we were happy. It was and we were. it was a little pricey but worth it! Location is great, right across from Patco ttrain. We had a great early dinner then hopped on the train and went to Philly to see a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurantBigDogDined on 8/2/2014L'Oceano is simply my favorite restaurant. Specializing in fresh seafood, the base menu is excellent but the constantly changing specials are just terrific! At most restaurants, I have one or two dishes that are my default choices. I know I like them and that is what I order when I go there. But at L'Oceano, I rarely order the same thing twice. Chris has an amazing talent for preparing food in unconventional ways that are simply delicious. If ever there was a restaurant to go to to expand your pallet, this is the one.Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Went back after a few months and had an even better meal. Specials for the night really stood out. There was an unexpected wait but they took care of us at the little side bar in the meantime.Special Features:
- Fantasticdrivingmissdaisy46Dined on 8/2/2014Our total experience was wonderful. From the outstanding service & knowledgeable owner & staff to the wonderful plates of food. We'll be back !!!Special Features:
- First visitJeannieDined on 8/2/2014The food was out of this world. You need to try it. We will be regulars. They wait on you hand and foot. Check it out.Special Features:
- Best Kept SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014L'Oceano (formerly Pesces) has been a Collingswood gem for years. Fresh seafood, amazing pastas, delectable sauces... and BYOB! We took advantage of the four course menu for $35... I started with a grilled eggplant, tomato and mozzarella tower with drizzled balsamic, then on to their amazing lobster mac and cheese, followed by a fresh caught and grilled Pompano in their sicilian sauce of capers, tomatoes, olive oil... then finished with a homemade cannoli... seriously... $35 on a Wednesday night... unbelievable! We have gone there many times and have NEVER been disappointed... especially when they keep the Sinatra playing. BUT be sure to make a reservation... always full! Go hungry and leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Wonderfull, friendly service. Owner very involved with your time at the restaurant, making sure to greet you, And making you feel we welcomed.Special Features:
- AmazingNickmDined on 7/25/2014All I have to say is this place is amazing. From the food to the service everything is too notch. Can't wait to go back. Best restaurant in CollingswoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent All Around!BillBVIPDined on 7/25/2014Chris and his team make for an excellent dining experience. This was our third visit and the quality of food and service has remained consistently high. Always a nice variety of daily specials. I would highly recommend trying “ALL” of the appetizer specials. Escargot Fra Diavolo, Lobster Stuffed Potato-skin, Porcini Gnocchi and Stuffed Figs were outstanding!!!! Restaurant was very living on this Friday night and the staff was very attentive. Great job Chris! Thanks!Special Features:
- Wonderful findDMC1Dined on 7/25/2014We had a wonderful dinner at L'Oceano. The wait staff was very attentive and they explained how their food was prepared. When I ordered the whole fish special and they said they filet it tableside, they were quick to accommodate me when I said I didn't want to see it done, or see the head and tail. I will go back again, and recommend this to my friends.Special Features:
- Very good...JokersVIPDined on 7/25/2014First time here and we were not disappointed. Everything was delicious. The service was awesome and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST!!BOBBIEDined on 7/24/2014THE FOOD HERE IS ALWAYS GREAT AND THE SERVICE IS WONDERFUL. YOU CAN'T BEAT THE BRANZINO!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Fork WeekNLaneFanDined on 7/24/2014Went to L'Oceano for the first time during Collingswood's Farm to Fork week and I was thoroughly impressed! The staff is incredibly helpful and guest-oriented. They even went so far as to put our napkins on our laps and clean off the table in between courses. The food was dynamite! I am not a seafood lover, but there were still plenty of delicious options for those of us who like things that are found on land. The gnocchi in the truffle oil was a particular favorite! The whole place had a very South Philly Italian vibe to it. A lot of the food had an Italian flare even though it was a seafood restaurant. HIGHLY recommend!!Special Features:
- Very nice timediningoutVIPDined on 7/23/2014I was impressed by this place. We each did the tasting menu and each option was excellent. In felt the spare rib was a bit dry still tasty but my date enjoyed it. We also split an app that was a special which was a potato skin with lobster meat and covered in a sauce that was incredible. I believe it was the manager who sat us and he was very personable and knowledgeable. Only complaint was the AC didn't seem to be working well on this night so it was warm in there. I definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysthezVIPDined on 7/18/2014Another great meal. Fish is fresh as you can get and made perfectly.....Service top flight too.Special Features:
- Awesome!Yummy8Dined on 7/18/2014A little pricy but the food is well worth it. The fish is so fresh because it is bought that day. One of the best meals I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediterranean freshnessCharlieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Try the whole fish with the Mediterranean sauce which is olive oil, garlic, and lemon. The gnocchi are soft and pillow like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Meal, Great RestaurantDennisGDined on 7/12/2014Food is fantastic. No rushing you, though the speed was not too slow. Very good food quality, very fresh fish. I think that the fish selection can be a bit larger - adding two more fish would be good as well as a couple more whole fish options. Definitely check this place out.Special Features:
- Definitely going back to L'Oceano!iterationzeroDined on 7/12/2014The food and service were perfect from top to bottom. The wait staff is professional and courteous while still being personable and fun to interact with. We had the grilled oysters as a starter, which we melt-in-your mouth perfect. I had the Florida pompano in a garlic sauce, my wife had the trout stuffed with eggplant and bacon; both were excellently prepared and plated. Honestly, the only possible criticism I had about the food was the bread -- DiBartolo's is right down the street, grab some baguettes from them instead of the flavorless mini loaves! It's a small restaurant with a very open floor plan, so don't expect anything intimate and you won't be disappointed by the atmosphere.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable eveningBarbaraDined on 7/9/2014Dinner was delightful with artfully prepared food served by well trained waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/2/2014Our meal was delightful, from the attentive wait service to the delicious food. The stuffed fig appetizer was excellent and the fish dishes, plank salmon and stuffed trout were delicious. The service was also superb. A destination and a neighborhood gem. Don't forget the wine, like I did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'OceanoloceanoDined on 6/27/2014The service is thee best! The food variety is fabulous. This place is the gem of Collingswood. Food is tasty and unique. Sunday crab gray special is something you can not get at any other dinning facility. The cooks and servers put their heart and soul into pleasing their customersSpecial Features:
- YUMMYpfrich1VIPDined on 6/21/2014The wait staff was right on the ball, very friendly (treated you like family). The food was absolutely wonderful. I would recommend that people who wear hearing aides go during the week. The noise level was over bearing, even when 1/3rd of the people lesft.Special Features:
- Nice spotmcmpimDined on 6/21/2014We enjoyed everything we had and the service was outstanding. The fig special appetizer should stay on the menu. Down side for our group was it is a tight space and a bit loud,but would return.
- go try it!haddongourmetDined on 6/19/2014Excellent food, personalized service, pleasant surroundings. This is a real find in Collingswood that merits a trip across the bridge. Seafood is great and the other dishes up to the same standard.Special Features:
- Outstanding mealFoodieloveDined on 6/14/2014Dined at L'Oceano for a date night with my husband. We had an excellent meal. The lobster Mac & Cheese was amazing as was the grilled romaine, the lamb chops, scallops! Everything was delicious & we'll definately be returning. This might have just been our best meal in Collingswood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBigDogDined on 6/14/2014Undeniably the best restaurant in all of a Southern Jersey. If you're looking for food that is cooked to order and sends your tastes buds into overdrive, this is the place to be! Atmosphere and wait staff are five star!Special Features:
- Just rightTomcat14VIPDined on 6/14/2014We've eaten at L'Oceano twice recently and both experiences were outstanding. Personal touch, exceptional choices and preparation, and family staff. Just the right combination of neighborhood feel and excellent value. The specials and entrees are all custom items with obvious attention to detail and quality, along with the owner greeting you and walking you through the selections. The fact that it's a BYO establishment is a real plus.Special Features:
- L'OceanoloceanoDined on 6/8/2014Thee best food in south jersey. Service is above and beyond my expectations. Could not be betterSpecial Features:
- Good mealag1023Dined on 6/7/2014This was our first time here since Joe Pesce closed. Very similar menu and really enjoyable. We were more intrigued by the small plates so shared a bunch of those. The grilled oysters were outstanding and really stood out. The fettucine with beef short rib ragu was a nice surprise, really excellent. Of course the grilled Romaine with crabmeat and shrimp is always excellent. Service is always friendly and attentive. Our only complaint: the temperature, really hot, not surprising on a warm evening since they have an open kitchen.