833 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.loceanoristorante.com/
- Phone: (856) 833-9888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Ellias Medinas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, View
- Catering: Off-site catering is available, please contact us for details
- Entertainment: Located on Haddon Avenue in the heart of Collingswood. Haddon Avenue offers guest a multitude of things to do during a night out.
- Special Events: $35 Four Course Tasting Menu * Not offered on Saturday
A word from L'Oceano Ristorante
A hip & chic Italian Seafood Restaurant nestled in the quaint town of historic Collingswood, NJ.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
L'Oceano Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Collingswood ›
L'Oceano Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (69)special occasion (33)romantic (24)good for groups (20)hot spot (12)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SusanDined on 11/21/2014Food was great but definitely up there price wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the last time I was hereCosd47VIPDined on 11/15/2014Second visit to L'Oceano was a bit disappointing. Whereas service was attentive and stellar on my first visit, this time I found it to be just average. The menu was also hit or miss. The pompano was excellent, the cobia not so much. And by not so much I mean it in all senses. It wasn't great, and there wasn't very much of it on the plate. Maybe just an off night, but I won't hurry back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalEatslittleVIPDined on 11/7/2014Chris and his staff are every attentive, warm, friendly and know how to care for customers. The good was great. I'd come back again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian with an EdgeStepsiteVIPDined on 11/6/2014After dining here monthly, we moved and haven't been back since the spring. The front of the house was as friendly and welcoming as always with an ever-present eye on our table without being over-bearing. Our food was also very good and we didn't notice any difference in portions, quality or taste than when we were dining here regularly, which is something we will try to restart doing again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexymommomDined on 11/4/2014Food is very different and absolutely delicious. Chris Grasso, owner/manager, makes the dining experience personal by attending to every table himself and carefully explaining all the food choices and how they are made. Service is like none other. L'Oceano is certainly an outstanding eating experience in Collingswood!Special Features:
- foodiesrickVIPDined on 11/1/2014something a little different excellent fresh fish specialties A must go great spot in downtown CollingswoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemPC49Dined on 11/1/2014Great food and outstanding and friendly service...will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- L'Oceano Great Service!JeffDined on 11/1/2014We dined at L'Oceano our second time and we again enjoyed a great meal. The appetizer was outstanding (prosciutto wrapped shrimp/crab) and our entrees were very good. Service in this restaurant is always outstanding and they make every effort ensure a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noise levelpfrich1VIPDined on 10/25/2014you must do something about sound deadening. I order fish for dinner and it was a yelling match between me and the server who brought it to the table. I requested the head to be removed and flayed but leave the bones on the plate. I got it with the head removed only. This was not a big deal sing I can flay a fish. I won't hold that against the restaurant . I really like that you recognized that I am a repeat customer. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- What a findWendyDined on 10/25/2014Loved the food, homey environment, perfect food for fish lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant values its patronsCosd47VIPDined on 10/18/2014Tried this restaurant for the first time this past weekend and will definitely be back. The attentiveness of the owner and serving staff was simply amazing. Despite how crowded it was and the fact that people were waiting for tables in the small dining room we never felt rushed or imposed upon to leave. Best dish that night at our table was the grouper which was the special for the evening.
- awesomecjs0827Dined on 10/18/2014Food was wonderful. Everyone was very attentative to us during our visit. Felt like we were family. Will definitely recommend this place and will come again.Special Features:
- missbeaDined on 10/16/2014We had a group of 6. Our waiters were very informative regarding the selection of entrees and very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Joe Pesce RetaketropwesVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I originally came here when it was Joe Pesce and not much has changed. The staff is equally as friendly, entertaining and on top of its game. We really love the welcoming feel of the restaurant. I would give the food top notch rating. The menu is special and the specials just enhance the difficulty in choosing. Everyone in the restaurant does the BYOB on a Saturday night, so don't forget to pick up a bottle. The staff will open your bottle and service you even while you await a table. The only thing that takes this restaurant down a half notch is the looser t-shirt style staff dress code. Beyond that, you will be hard pressed to find a better place to spend your Saturday evening with the Wife.Special Features:
- Fish PlaceBethDined on 10/11/2014This is a great Restaurant for fish and seafood lovers. The fish is fresh and well prepared, as is the seafood. But don't order anything else (like the pork chop); you'll be sorely disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night SpecialBrucecampbell5Dined on 10/2/2014Staff is very attentive and the food is amazing. I would highly recommend this for a romantic night out or for a fun night with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!bon75Dined on 9/28/2014My husband & I were celebrating our anniversary. We had a reservation & were seated immediately. The owner greeted us, told us about the specials & opened our bottle of wine. I had the Lobster Macaroni & Cheese, he opted for the tasting menu & had the sausage stuffed long hots for his appetizer, homemade gnocchi w/a gorgonzola cream sauce & chilean sea bass. For dessert we had the tiramisu & chocolate peanut butter torte - both outstanding!All of the food was amazing! Not a negative thing to say about any of it - was delicious & we enjoyed it all. We're picky about gnocchi, as not all restaurants make their own, or make it right. This gnocchi was melt in your mouth, tender, perfection! All of the staff was very attentive the entire time.Special Features:
- One Of Our Favorite Placesjkm1968Dined on 9/26/2014L'Oceano never disappoints! We have always had great meals and great service!Special Features:
- Fresh fish and wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014My husband and I made last minute decision to try L'Oceano for an anniversary that fell mid week. I don't know how it is on weekends, but mid week, with a 3/4 full room, we could still have a conversation. The room is very attractive, softly lit with nice colors. The owner, or two owners, I'm not sure, Chris and Chris, were welcoming and informative about the food, everything good hosts should be. The dinner was wonderful. The fish and seafood is impeccibly fresh. We had the grilled romaine topped with crab and shrimp and whole pompano filleted tableside. Delicious! The gnocchi are a must have. Everything else, ending with dessert, was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeBossVIPDined on 9/20/2014Chris and his team continue to impress. By far the best restaurant in Collingswood and South Jersey for that matter. Delicious food, fun & friendly service in a very comfortable environment. If you haven't been there yet you are missing out. Special Gnocchi, whole fish, and Short Rib were all wonderful. Nice job Chris!Special Features:
- A Great Find60celebrateDined on 9/20/2014Broccoli rabe sausage appetizer was very good. Seared tuna was excellent. Service was outstanding. Noise level is high but some tables are in a quieter area. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- fresh, delicious seafood!plstwsDined on 9/19/2014great byob spot. The food was delicious, from appetizer thru dessert. We had the tasting menu for $35. Great value, included 4 courses. The fish, pompano, was amazing. Cooked whole, then filleted at the table. The owner greets you and explains all the specials. He was very friendly and very fun. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Neighborhood GemFionaDined on 9/12/2014Corner location with lots of sparkling clean windows, tastefully decorated, and most important serving the freshest finest food available on any given day. A return to often kind of restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Fresh fish and seafood2eatVIPDined on 9/11/2014byob with imaginative dishes that will please every foodies taste buds. Try the grilled seafood romain a long time favorite or the grilled or fried oyster app. Yum. We had the Dover sole (not from Delaware) ha ha, stuffed with a seafood medley that was awesome! Service was great and Chris the owner is very friendly and accomidating. This all adds to the dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014Go to L'Oceano from time to time. Last week was particularly a great experience. Food selection was excellent and food was delicious. Fresh!! Will return again...Nice to go to a local BYOB!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousLorrainneDined on 9/3/2014L"Oceano was recommended to us by my husband's boss. He said it was the best restaurant in Collingswood. Our experience was beyond expectations. Chris the owner not only met us at the door but reviewed all of the specials himself. My husband has a broken leg and he helped him into and out of the restaurant after dinner. I was blown away. The food was cooked to perfection. For appetizers I had the stuffed quail with mushroom stuffing. My husband had the grilled oysters with a creamy béchamel sauce. Absolutely outstanding he said. For dinner I had the Maple Glazed Salmon with salted toasted almonds accompanied with Mustard Mash Potatoes. My husband had the special of Pumpkin Gnocchi. Magnificent he said. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemNewby2NJDined on 9/2/2014Just the type of local scene we have been looking for. Great atmosphere, fantastic food, and even better service. We were there on a Tuesday night and it was not busy, not at all loud, and Chris and Chris both took time to explain things in detail with us. A bit pricey, but off-set by the BYO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food is GOODOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The food is very good but the noise level can be very distracting. But I guess what can you expect from a very small space. The owner and servers were very attentive which personalized the experience. Definitely will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinealotDined on 8/30/2014We always love this restaurant, and will keep coming back. The owner, Chris, is wonderful, as is the foold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm coming back6kidsnaboatDined on 8/29/2014Glad we tried it. Great place great find. The proprietor made us very comfortable and explained everything.Special Features:
- Great place for seafoodTomODined on 8/28/2014I had a great experience here. Chris, the owner, was our server, really nice guy. We started with JP's grilled romaine, which was amazing. Then we both got the fish of the day which was cooked whole and filleted table side. It was delicious. Chris said he changes the menu regularly, which to me is a sign of a good place. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but Details OverlookedAnkleDocDined on 8/16/2014Went to L'Oceano for dinner last Saturday night. The meal was good, but there were several things that kept the meal from being great. First, we were sat inside in the back of the restaurant. I don't know if their air conditioning was broken, but it was HOT at our table. When you're dressed nicely and out for a relaxing dinner, 80+ degrees is too much! Secondly, the food was hit or miss. Some of the dishes were memorable, like the Maple Salmon, and some were forgettable, like the Lobster Spring Rolls (appetizer special that was dominated in taste by the potato filling). I like that the managers and staff try to please, but the service from the wait staff was inconsistent for such a small restaurant. Noisy too for its quaint size.Special Features:
- RonnjyDined on 8/16/2014Thought the food was better on our first dining experience. The veggies were cold but the fish was good.
- Will be backCruxVIPDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic food!!! Great service. Can't believe I've missed out on this place for over a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambiance!DennyDined on 8/13/2014We picked L'Oceano for a girls night out and were not disappointed. The staff is friendly and helpful and there are plenty of yummy choices. Although we didn't take advantage of the 4 course menu (good value) all of our meals were top notch! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!HerbVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food preparation and presentation were great and were matched, if not exceeded, by excellent, friendly service. I could not decide between 2 interesting appetizers and although I selected one, both were brought to our table and the one I had not selected was on the house. The 4-course tasting menu was a great deal and we've already started recommending this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAndyKDined on 8/9/2014The food here was great, the service here was great - the place is just great! We walked in around 8pm on Saturday night and the host sat us right away with no issue! My fiance and I really enjoyed the ambiance of the restaurant and will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Ouch, my ears!PhuDeeDined on 8/9/2014Great food albeit a bit pricey. Good service till the end when the waitress seemed to forget us. The noise level grossly detracted from the meal and makes me reluctant to go back or recommend it. By the end of our meal my wife and I had to either yell ay each other or crawl across the table to make ourselves heard.Much like other Collingswood restaurants.Special Features:
- MLOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014Food was good, but it was very noisy and grossly overpriced. I won't go back.
- GREAT PLACE!happydiners62Dined on 8/6/2014We loved our dining experience. The food was delicious. We had the fixed price four course dinner. Every course was special. The owner was all over us to be sure the food was perfect and we were happy. It was and we were. it was a little pricey but worth it! Location is great, right across from Patco ttrain. We had a great early dinner then hopped on the train and went to Philly to see a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.