377 Greenwich Street
The Greenwich Hotel
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.locandaverdenyc.com/
- Phone: 2129253797x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Locanda Verde is a charming and versatile space complete with dedicated staff, a full bar and a working fireplace. The room overlooks the lush outdoor courtyard of the adjacent Greenwich Hotel.
Our menus are served family-style, paired with a fantastic Italian wine list with bottles averaging around $35-$55 per bottle.
The room accommodates up to 60 seated and 100 standing, and is the perfect location for your next private dinner, brunch, business meeting or cocktail party.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Catherine Moore 6462030053x
A word from Locanda Verde
Locanda Verde is a casual, bustling neighborhood Italian taverna located in Robert DeNiro's TriBeCa hotel, The Greenwich. The airy, light-flooded space is open morning, noon and night serving award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's inspired urban Italian cooking with home-style desserts and an all-day bakery counter by Pastry Chef Kierin Baldwin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Locanda Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (88)hot spot (66)great for brunch (63)special occasion (62)great for lunch (61)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (46)good for groups (46)romantic (35)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- Lovely spot for brunch/lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014Staff welcoming. Food perfect for the purpose. One of these days will make it there for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointingses716VIPDined on 10/23/2014Found the staff a bit stand-offish--perhaps too used to dealing with tourists or B & T crowd-- Food ok, but was very surprised when I asked for oil and vinegar on the side for my arugula salad and was presented with red wine vinegar-- I thought this was an Italian restaurant----got balsamic upon request--also, no salt and pepper on the table--strange-- all in all--less than I expected---
- Always GreatBillPDined on 10/22/2014Loconda is the best food in Tribeca. Fortunately it isn't as overbooked as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoniaDined on 10/19/2014All 4 girls from Montreal, PQ Canada, enjoyed the beautiful place, very good food (breakfast) and friendly service !!! Next time in NYC, we'll come for late happy hours and dinner !!! Have a nice day !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The ricotta crostini was to die for- a must order from the appetizer list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top class atmosphereTP3012Dined on 10/11/2014Had a great evening in a vibrant atmosphere. Food selection was limited but delicious.Special Features:
- Good Resteraunt.KhairDined on 10/11/2014I went a couple of times, once for drinks and once for dinner. Yesterday I went for brunch and the server was rude. Barely answered any of our questions and her responses were and facial expressions were unfriendly. I understand when one has a bad day at work or elsewhere but there are standards that this restaurant has to live up to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceluvwine3Dined on 10/9/2014I chose Locanda Verde for my husband's birthday dinner. The food was, for the most part, incredible. Our waiter was really kind and knowledgeable - so much so that my husband and I talked about how the service was really good. However, between our pasta course and our entree, we waited 55 minutes. After waiting 30 minutes, the waiter told us the food was coming out in just ten minutes. After waiting another 20 minutes, the manager came out to tell us that she's sorry and the food is coming out 'in 90 seconds.' It came out a few minutes afterward. My husband and I were furious and the long wait ruined the birthday dinner. We enjoyed the food, but waiting that long - with no solid explanation - was unacceptable. Especially after spending $$$!Special Features:
- DinnerFreshiesDined on 10/9/2014With much hype I went here. I am quite picky with my Italian food. The food was delicious and think that the non-pasta dishes were actually the best. Try the duck entree and start with the Fois gras.Special Features:
- Almost perfectWillajaneVIPDined on 10/9/2014A little mixup with order but once smoothed over all was fine Great sommelierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious surprisefoodymi1Dined on 10/5/2014i found this restaurant by searching "small plates near MSG". There were 4 of us, dining before a concert. The service was excellent; pleasant, knowledgable and accommodating. The food was delicious and the presentation was impressive. We enjoyed 2-3 plates each and some of the specials, as our server suggested. The amount of food was just right. The sangria was excellent. All of the plates were delicious. There was a pork sandwich that was off the charts. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brunch spot downtownDianeBDined on 10/5/2014Great spot for breakfast or brunch downtown - good energy, great for groups and fun atmosphere. Great diverse menu which has something for everyone. Make a reservation! A popular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingNYTimDined on 10/5/2014We had dinner here a few weeks before and loved it but we're SO disappointed when we returned for breakfast. It took 20mins before anyone even took our drinks order and then the food came out before the drinks (which was just coffee!). The waitress was very average. Food was ok but nothing to rave about like dinner. We also got out into the tiniest corner table that had chairs knocking into my wife's back when the next tables guests moved around. Next time will be going to Buddy's!Special Features:
- Best restaurant everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This was undoubtably the best restaurant experience I have ever had in Manhattan (and I've eaten in a lot of places). The food was amazing. The staff were absolutely fantastic and the atmosphere was spot on. It's also very reasonably priced for such beautiful food. My perfect restaurant and Italy is my most visited holiday destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!AnnieDined on 10/1/2014This is, and continues to be, one of my favorite TriBeCa restaurants. From the luscious ricotta appetizer to the homemade pasta dishes and outstanding entrees you will never be disappointed. Service is attentive and friendly and Italian wine selection is unique and delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchCityGirlDined on 9/28/2014Went there last Sunday for brunch before visiting the 9/11 Memorial. Very cool spot. The Bloody Mary, pumpkin bread, French toast and bacon were delicious. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BighouseVIPDined on 9/27/2014Too loud could barely hear yourself talk and food over rated have been once a few years ago and was excited to go back. Huge disappointment I can make tastier pasta.
- Good, but not as good as last yearRosieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I returned for breakfast because I enjoyed my meal so much last year when I was in NYC. I ordered the ricotta blueberry pancakes with lemon curd and they were slightly overdone. Slight burnt taste to it and dry - disappointing...The sausage was good though. Also, after ordering the waitstaff didn't really come around again until I was almost done. I would have preferred some honey with my tea that I ordered. Kind of an anti-climatic trip this time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014It was amazing! Thank you! We were seated in such a cute little spot and not squeezed in somewhere - i really appreciate itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first time experienceHollysmomDined on 9/21/2014Had brunch at Locanda Verde with a dear friend. We ate outside and watched the world go by while we sipped our really good café Americano and enjoyed delicious fare, he the ricotta blueberry pancakes, me the oeuvo modenese. We even split a pastry. The server was amiable and efficient (although it took several requests to get really hot coffee!) and we never felt rushed. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- A big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014I had been here before for drinks and always wanted to come back based on the great reviews, so I decided to try it for brunch with friends, but left pretty disappointed. Hostess was nice and our server was super friendly, the problem was the food. I had the uovo al forno, which were two baked eggs with a few greens on top. Period. It was flavorless and not good at all. My friends had the frittata, and said it was under seasoned as well. It was three of us and we had one drink each, shared the ricotta cheese (the best part of our meal, really good!), one egg entree each, two shared desserts and one coffee each, and we ended up paying $70 each, which in my opinion is way too much for brunch. Especially a meh brunch. Not coming back.Special Features:
- TnT USA 2014tntusa4014Dined on 9/17/2014Great place food and atmosphere expensive if you go all the way but what the heck "You are worth it" excellent cocktails highly recommended if you are in TriBeCaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lot of Pretty PeopleBigFanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great place for people watching. Great energy. Food was very good too especially the pastas. Entrees were tasty but lukewarm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I came here on a friend's recommendation and left fat and happy. We scored a last minute table then strolled down to Pier 25 for a round of putt putt golf.. Good way to work off the squid ink noodles. I'd go back again, and again... and again... and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBellesq1Dined on 9/14/2014I have two favorites in NYC and this is now Number 1.Special Features:
- lovely Brunch!Dramamama2Dined on 9/14/2014Fun, bustling place to have a nice brunch! Inventive menu! Waffles, poached eggs with hash and herbed eggs with salad were all great. Green fresh pressed juice phenomenal! Coffee good! Cheddar/ olive biscuits love love love! Service so-so. Waitperson had to be reminded a few times to bring us things. When reminded, he did come through and apologized though. He seemed overloaded and there seemed to be a lack of communication between team members. I will come back. Food is Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MartinDined on 9/9/2014Amazing service! The sommelier knows is stuff and recommend an excellent medium body red to go with our Grand-ma's ravioli !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKDoneDined on 9/7/2014NOT LIKE THE FIRST TIME, that's why I went back. Really annoyed me that for a $14.00 bottle of wine retail, they had the nerve to charge $60.00. I'm not cheap but this is chutzpah. I brought a party of 6. Mistakes happen, so they dropped my entree plate, apologized and went to make another one, But did they offer a glass of wine, on the house while I had to wait. No business sense.
- jjjjjj88888Dined on 9/2/2014Food is good, but not great, for its price point. Rude hostesses & slow service
- Nice for brunchGillyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Get together for a drink at the bar or some nice brunch dishes! Toast with ricotta and honey is very good.Special Features:
- Excellent food & service. Worth it!TNNJVIPDined on 8/30/2014Certainly a great place to dine, albeit a bit unwelcoming. Overall, the menu is thoughtful and engaging and the kitchen delivers on its promise. Service is top notch and makes all the difference in getting to really enjoy this place and its intended hospitality.
- Super Late LunchPRSperoVIPDined on 8/29/2014A celebratory late lunch. Superb food; excellent wine and drink; quiet responsive service. Yay.Special Features:
- Locanda VerdeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/27/2014Never fails to disappoint. Always a very pleasant experience making a reservation - very polite staff Good service, always busy which is testament to the overall quality of this restaurant Love the artwork on the walls -- restaurant is owned by Robert DeNiro and this is either his or his father's work, which is a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Best Birthday Dinner EVERMilliejaneVIPDined on 8/26/2014From the crab crostini to the funghi misti and the pasta special-- with a particular shout out for the peach and fig crostata-- which gave me a whole new respect for herb flavors with dessert. My mother mentioned in an offhand manner while we were waiting to be seated that it was my birthday, but we didn't say anything else about it. After a really delightful meal with wonderful food and service they brought out a dessert with a candle-- just a little something that was so festive and nice. From start to finish it was a flawless meal and fantastic time.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Service was warm and welcoming. Had the sheeps milk ricotta, delicious and pastas and wine were excellentSpecial Features:
- Great for Business Lunch/DinnerFoodieDrummerDined on 8/21/2014I recently took some clients here for dinner and it was a hit. Excellent wine selection and great atmosphere. I ordered the Halibut as my main which I thought could have used a bit more flavor but was definitely still enjoyable. The standout dishes for me were the pastas; I cannot recommend the Squid Ink Linguini enough. I definitely plan on going here again, next time with my fiance for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood hangout.BayshoreRoseDined on 8/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant. Lots of people. Lots of hustle and bustle. Great menu. Wine is all Italian but we took their recommendation and had a wonderful bottle of wine (or two) for $75/bottle. The food was delicious. So many things that really appealed to us and it was hard to make a decision. Most everyone got fish. The waitress was very nice about splitting things. We would highly recommend it and we will definitely go back next time we are in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014was disappointed with food quality this time. pasta wasn't good and salad was average. this used to be one of my favorite restaurants, sadly
- good, not greathollanderDined on 8/19/2014Went to Locanda Verde for an anniversary dinner. Staff was friendly and happily reseated us after our request (it it very bright on one side). Everything was ok, but it wasn't particularly noteworthy, except for the wine, which ever very nice. The starting salads were "ok" but a little basic (same as in many other places), and the main course was "over-spiced" (too much rosemary). Our waiter was fine, maybe she could have been a little more present (or higher energy). All in all, the experience was fine, but not a must-go restaurant, and lower ranking on my value for money list.Special Features:
- Too tightSandyVIPDined on 8/17/2014The first three tables we were shown could barely accommodate 4 people. They crammed too many tables in a tight space. One table was wedged in a corner and 1/3 of the table surface couldn't be used. One could easily talk to the people sitting at the next table and unfortunately hear everything they were conversing about. Service was good, my water glass never was half empty. The server was knowledgeable about the menu. There was no bread to start the meal with- apparently one has to order from the "crostini" menu. Entrees and dessert were very good. I am not sure I would go again, too many other fantastic restaurants in the city to yet discover. Great meal, not a lot of room in this restaurant.Special Features: