377 Greenwich Street
The Greenwich Hotel
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.locandaverdenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 925-3797
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Locanda Verde is a charming and versatile space complete with dedicated staff, a full bar and a working fireplace. The room overlooks the lush outdoor courtyard of the adjacent Greenwich Hotel.
Our menus are served family-style, paired with a fantastic Italian wine list with bottles averaging around $35-$55 per bottle.
The room accommodates up to 60 seated and 100 standing, and is the perfect location for your next private dinner, brunch, business meeting or cocktail party.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Catherine Moore 6462030053x
A word from Locanda Verde
Locanda Verde is a casual, bustling neighborhood Italian taverna located in Robert DeNiro's TriBeCa hotel, The Greenwich. The airy, light-flooded space is open morning, noon and night serving award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's inspired urban Italian cooking with home-style desserts and an all-day bakery counter by Pastry Chef Kierin Baldwin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Locanda Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (104)hot spot (76)great for brunch (68)special occasion (63)great for lunch (61)notable wine list (53)vibrant bar scene (51)good for groups (50)romantic (42)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (6)Show More
- Bad first impression from hostessChichiVIPDined on 11/17/2014Chose this Italian restaurant because of decent reviews and close proximity to my daughters work. Take note that the hostess said we could not be seated until everyone in our party was in attendance. We wished to go ahead and order an appetizer and drinks while waiting a few minutes on our daughter but their policy would not allow paying patrons to do this, So we had to wait in the lobby on our daughters arrival. This immediately set for a somber tone to the start of a dinner visit with our daughter. Keep in mind that we were also told you must order everything at once. Well, after being seated we had a wonderful waiter that never mentioned this but we did order all after drinks as told by our hostess. Our party had the yummy autumn salad, cheese appetizer, trout, grandmothers ravioli and a seasonal pumpkin pasta dish. All were good but not excellent. Another thing, we ordered something extra, the mushrooms after we ordered earlier, so puzzled by their policy.Special Features:
- Neighbourhood gemTraveldelightsDined on 11/16/2014Came here years ago and wanted to return for a Sunday brunch during my NYC visit. Didn't have space, so settled for dinner instead. We had a warm welcome, a nice corner table, prompt service and in particular very good delicious food. Ambiance, interior and a window place made for the rest.... Great evening.... Will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS A WINNER !formerfrancophileDined on 11/14/2014It's hard to believe that a restaurant can surpass itself time after time, but that has been our experience at Locanda Verde. Seating is immediate, the waitstaff is so friendly and helpful that you want to adopt them, the food is outstanding and the wine list is formidable. The ambiance is continental and our only regret is having to leave it all again until next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great Servicecwm21Dined on 11/13/2014Wine list is fantastic, that had a good amount of affordable wines as well as the pricier ones. Food was good but not mind blowing, but definitely acceptable for the price point. Service was spot on, never intrusive but around when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HOT--but NotCary885VIPDined on 11/7/2014Instant hit restaurant due to celebrity chef Andrew Carmellini and big bucks backers. Food is NOT outstanding. Good, but certainly not worth the high prices and SKIMPY portions. Beautiful restaurant with lots of glitter and pizazz and packed at 11pm. And glad I went once but would never go back again. A place to be seen for rich hipsters!Special Features:
- bakedbeans212VIPDined on 11/3/2014Lively place that never seats you on time. Good lamb meatballs but small portion sizes on the fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/1/2014enjoyed the restaurant..great food great ambiance and location. Would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/31/2014I have been wanting to go for a while and never got around to it. Finally had lunch last week and was very disappointed. The Pappardelle with lamb bolognese, mint and sheep’s milk ricotta was very good. The waitress said their best seller was the Scampi Ravioli with rock shrimp, zucchini and toasted garlic. Wow, was this bad. It was basically cheese ravioli with a couple tiny shrimp on top. The waitress said the seafood was whipped into the mascarpone cheese to make it light. It had absolutely no seafood flavor. This dish was seriously lacking and was left on the table.
- Great food and service!iluvnyDined on 10/29/2014Love this restaurant! Love the food and service. Great ambiance! Definitely a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot for brunch/lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/26/2014Staff welcoming. Food perfect for the purpose. One of these days will make it there for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointingses716VIPDined on 10/23/2014Found the staff a bit stand-offish--perhaps too used to dealing with tourists or B & T crowd-- Food ok, but was very surprised when I asked for oil and vinegar on the side for my arugula salad and was presented with red wine vinegar-- I thought this was an Italian restaurant----got balsamic upon request--also, no salt and pepper on the table--strange-- all in all--less than I expected---
- Always GreatBillPDined on 10/22/2014Loconda is the best food in Tribeca. Fortunately it isn't as overbooked as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoniaDined on 10/19/2014All 4 girls from Montreal, PQ Canada, enjoyed the beautiful place, very good food (breakfast) and friendly service !!! Next time in NYC, we'll come for late happy hours and dinner !!! Have a nice day !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The ricotta crostini was to die for- a must order from the appetizer list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top class atmosphereTP3012Dined on 10/11/2014Had a great evening in a vibrant atmosphere. Food selection was limited but delicious.Special Features:
- Good Resteraunt.KhairDined on 10/11/2014I went a couple of times, once for drinks and once for dinner. Yesterday I went for brunch and the server was rude. Barely answered any of our questions and her responses were and facial expressions were unfriendly. I understand when one has a bad day at work or elsewhere but there are standards that this restaurant has to live up to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceluvwine3Dined on 10/9/2014I chose Locanda Verde for my husband's birthday dinner. The food was, for the most part, incredible. Our waiter was really kind and knowledgeable - so much so that my husband and I talked about how the service was really good. However, between our pasta course and our entree, we waited 55 minutes. After waiting 30 minutes, the waiter told us the food was coming out in just ten minutes. After waiting another 20 minutes, the manager came out to tell us that she's sorry and the food is coming out 'in 90 seconds.' It came out a few minutes afterward. My husband and I were furious and the long wait ruined the birthday dinner. We enjoyed the food, but waiting that long - with no solid explanation - was unacceptable. Especially after spending $$$!Special Features:
- DinnerFreshiesVIPDined on 10/9/2014With much hype I went here. I am quite picky with my Italian food. The food was delicious and think that the non-pasta dishes were actually the best. Try the duck entree and start with the Fois gras.Special Features:
- Almost perfectWillajaneVIPDined on 10/9/2014A little mixup with order but once smoothed over all was fine Great sommelierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious surprisefoodymi1Dined on 10/5/2014i found this restaurant by searching "small plates near MSG". There were 4 of us, dining before a concert. The service was excellent; pleasant, knowledgable and accommodating. The food was delicious and the presentation was impressive. We enjoyed 2-3 plates each and some of the specials, as our server suggested. The amount of food was just right. The sangria was excellent. All of the plates were delicious. There was a pork sandwich that was off the charts. I will definitely recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Brunch spot downtownDianeBDined on 10/5/2014Great spot for breakfast or brunch downtown - good energy, great for groups and fun atmosphere. Great diverse menu which has something for everyone. Make a reservation! A popular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingNYTimDined on 10/5/2014We had dinner here a few weeks before and loved it but we're SO disappointed when we returned for breakfast. It took 20mins before anyone even took our drinks order and then the food came out before the drinks (which was just coffee!). The waitress was very average. Food was ok but nothing to rave about like dinner. We also got out into the tiniest corner table that had chairs knocking into my wife's back when the next tables guests moved around. Next time will be going to Buddy's!Special Features:
- Best restaurant everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014This was undoubtably the best restaurant experience I have ever had in Manhattan (and I've eaten in a lot of places). The food was amazing. The staff were absolutely fantastic and the atmosphere was spot on. It's also very reasonably priced for such beautiful food. My perfect restaurant and Italy is my most visited holiday destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!AnnieVIPDined on 10/1/2014This is, and continues to be, one of my favorite TriBeCa restaurants. From the luscious ricotta appetizer to the homemade pasta dishes and outstanding entrees you will never be disappointed. Service is attentive and friendly and Italian wine selection is unique and delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchCityGirlDined on 9/28/2014Went there last Sunday for brunch before visiting the 9/11 Memorial. Very cool spot. The Bloody Mary, pumpkin bread, French toast and bacon were delicious. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BighouseVIPDined on 9/27/2014Too loud could barely hear yourself talk and food over rated have been once a few years ago and was excited to go back. Huge disappointment I can make tastier pasta.
- Good, but not as good as last yearRosieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I returned for breakfast because I enjoyed my meal so much last year when I was in NYC. I ordered the ricotta blueberry pancakes with lemon curd and they were slightly overdone. Slight burnt taste to it and dry - disappointing...The sausage was good though. Also, after ordering the waitstaff didn't really come around again until I was almost done. I would have preferred some honey with my tea that I ordered. Kind of an anti-climatic trip this time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014It was amazing! Thank you! We were seated in such a cute little spot and not squeezed in somewhere - i really appreciate itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A first time experienceHollysmomDined on 9/21/2014Had brunch at Locanda Verde with a dear friend. We ate outside and watched the world go by while we sipped our really good café Americano and enjoyed delicious fare, he the ricotta blueberry pancakes, me the oeuvo modenese. We even split a pastry. The server was amiable and efficient (although it took several requests to get really hot coffee!) and we never felt rushed. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- A big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014I had been here before for drinks and always wanted to come back based on the great reviews, so I decided to try it for brunch with friends, but left pretty disappointed. Hostess was nice and our server was super friendly, the problem was the food. I had the uovo al forno, which were two baked eggs with a few greens on top. Period. It was flavorless and not good at all. My friends had the frittata, and said it was under seasoned as well. It was three of us and we had one drink each, shared the ricotta cheese (the best part of our meal, really good!), one egg entree each, two shared desserts and one coffee each, and we ended up paying $70 each, which in my opinion is way too much for brunch. Especially a meh brunch. Not coming back.Special Features:
- TnT USA 2014tntusa4014Dined on 9/17/2014Great place food and atmosphere expensive if you go all the way but what the heck "You are worth it" excellent cocktails highly recommended if you are in TriBeCaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lot of Pretty PeopleBigFanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great place for people watching. Great energy. Food was very good too especially the pastas. Entrees were tasty but lukewarm.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014My wife and I came here on a friend's recommendation and left fat and happy. We scored a last minute table then strolled down to Pier 25 for a round of putt putt golf.. Good way to work off the squid ink noodles. I'd go back again, and again... and again... and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBellesq1Dined on 9/14/2014I have two favorites in NYC and this is now Number 1.Special Features:
- lovely Brunch!Dramamama2Dined on 9/14/2014Fun, bustling place to have a nice brunch! Inventive menu! Waffles, poached eggs with hash and herbed eggs with salad were all great. Green fresh pressed juice phenomenal! Coffee good! Cheddar/ olive biscuits love love love! Service so-so. Waitperson had to be reminded a few times to bring us things. When reminded, he did come through and apologized though. He seemed overloaded and there seemed to be a lack of communication between team members. I will come back. Food is Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MartinDined on 9/9/2014Amazing service! The sommelier knows is stuff and recommend an excellent medium body red to go with our Grand-ma's ravioli !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKDoneDined on 9/7/2014NOT LIKE THE FIRST TIME, that's why I went back. Really annoyed me that for a $14.00 bottle of wine retail, they had the nerve to charge $60.00. I'm not cheap but this is chutzpah. I brought a party of 6. Mistakes happen, so they dropped my entree plate, apologized and went to make another one, But did they offer a glass of wine, on the house while I had to wait. No business sense.
- jjjjjj88888Dined on 9/2/2014Food is good, but not great, for its price point. Rude hostesses & slow service
- Nice for brunchGillyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Get together for a drink at the bar or some nice brunch dishes! Toast with ricotta and honey is very good.Special Features:
- Excellent food & service. Worth it!TNNJVIPDined on 8/30/2014Certainly a great place to dine, albeit a bit unwelcoming. Overall, the menu is thoughtful and engaging and the kitchen delivers on its promise. Service is top notch and makes all the difference in getting to really enjoy this place and its intended hospitality.