377 Greenwich Street
The Greenwich Hotel
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.locandaverdenyc.com/
- Phone: 2129253797x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 10:00am
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrew Carmellini
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Locanda Verde is a charming and versatile space complete with dedicated staff, a full bar and a working fireplace. The room overlooks the lush outdoor courtyard of the adjacent Greenwich Hotel.
Our menus are served family-style, paired with a fantastic Italian wine list with bottles averaging around $35-$55 per bottle.
The room accommodates up to 60 seated and 100 standing, and is the perfect location for your next private dinner, brunch, business meeting or cocktail party.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Catherine Moore 6462030053x
A word from Locanda Verde
Locanda Verde is a casual, bustling neighborhood Italian taverna located in Robert DeNiro's TriBeCa hotel, The Greenwich. The airy, light-flooded space is open morning, noon and night serving award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's inspired urban Italian cooking with home-style desserts and an all-day bakery counter by Pastry Chef Kierin Baldwin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Locanda Verde reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (118)neighborhood gem (95)great for brunch (75)special occasion (71)great for lunch (68)hot spot (64)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (45)good for groups (44)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (38)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (14)scenic view (7)Show More
- TnT USA 2014tntusa4014Dined on 9/17/2014Great place food and atmosphere expensive if you go all the way but what the heck "You are worth it" excellent cocktails highly recommended if you are in TriBeCaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lot of Pretty PeopleBigFanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great place for people watching. Great energy. Food was very good too especially the pastas. Entrees were tasty but lukewarm.Special Features:
- JBellesq1Dined on 9/14/2014I have two favorites in NYC and this is now Number 1.Special Features:
- lovely Brunch!Dramamama2Dined on 9/14/2014Fun, bustling place to have a nice brunch! Inventive menu! Waffles, poached eggs with hash and herbed eggs with salad were all great. Green fresh pressed juice phenomenal! Coffee good! Cheddar/ olive biscuits love love love! Service so-so. Waitperson had to be reminded a few times to bring us things. When reminded, he did come through and apologized though. He seemed overloaded and there seemed to be a lack of communication between team members. I will come back. Food is Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MartinDined on 9/9/2014Amazing service! The sommelier knows is stuff and recommend an excellent medium body red to go with our Grand-ma's ravioli !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKDoneDined on 9/7/2014NOT LIKE THE FIRST TIME, that's why I went back. Really annoyed me that for a $14.00 bottle of wine retail, they had the nerve to charge $60.00. I'm not cheap but this is chutzpah. I brought a party of 6. Mistakes happen, so they dropped my entree plate, apologized and went to make another one, But did they offer a glass of wine, on the house while I had to wait. No business sense.
- jjjjjj88888Dined on 9/2/2014Food is good, but not great, for its price point. Rude hostesses & slow service
- Nice for brunchGillyVIPDined on 9/1/2014Get together for a drink at the bar or some nice brunch dishes! Toast with ricotta and honey is very good.Special Features:
- Super Late LunchPRSperoVIPDined on 8/29/2014A celebratory late lunch. Superb food; excellent wine and drink; quiet responsive service. Yay.Special Features:
- Locanda VerdeOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/27/2014Never fails to disappoint. Always a very pleasant experience making a reservation - very polite staff Good service, always busy which is testament to the overall quality of this restaurant Love the artwork on the walls -- restaurant is owned by Robert DeNiro and this is either his or his father's work, which is a nice touchSpecial Features:
- Best Birthday Dinner EVERMilliejaneVIPDined on 8/26/2014From the crab crostini to the funghi misti and the pasta special-- with a particular shout out for the peach and fig crostata-- which gave me a whole new respect for herb flavors with dessert. My mother mentioned in an offhand manner while we were waiting to be seated that it was my birthday, but we didn't say anything else about it. After a really delightful meal with wonderful food and service they brought out a dessert with a candle-- just a little something that was so festive and nice. From start to finish it was a flawless meal and fantastic time.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Service was warm and welcoming. Had the sheeps milk ricotta, delicious and pastas and wine were excellentSpecial Features:
- Great for Business Lunch/DinnerFoodieDrummerDined on 8/21/2014I recently took some clients here for dinner and it was a hit. Excellent wine selection and great atmosphere. I ordered the Halibut as my main which I thought could have used a bit more flavor but was definitely still enjoyable. The standout dishes for me were the pastas; I cannot recommend the Squid Ink Linguini enough. I definitely plan on going here again, next time with my fiance for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood hangout.BayshoreRoseDined on 8/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance of this restaurant. Lots of people. Lots of hustle and bustle. Great menu. Wine is all Italian but we took their recommendation and had a wonderful bottle of wine (or two) for $75/bottle. The food was delicious. So many things that really appealed to us and it was hard to make a decision. Most everyone got fish. The waitress was very nice about splitting things. We would highly recommend it and we will definitely go back next time we are in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014was disappointed with food quality this time. pasta wasn't good and salad was average. this used to be one of my favorite restaurants, sadly
- good, not greathollanderDined on 8/19/2014Went to Locanda Verde for an anniversary dinner. Staff was friendly and happily reseated us after our request (it it very bright on one side). Everything was ok, but it wasn't particularly noteworthy, except for the wine, which ever very nice. The starting salads were "ok" but a little basic (same as in many other places), and the main course was "over-spiced" (too much rosemary). Our waiter was fine, maybe she could have been a little more present (or higher energy). All in all, the experience was fine, but not a must-go restaurant, and lower ranking on my value for money list.Special Features:
- Too tightSandyVIPDined on 8/17/2014The first three tables we were shown could barely accommodate 4 people. They crammed too many tables in a tight space. One table was wedged in a corner and 1/3 of the table surface couldn't be used. One could easily talk to the people sitting at the next table and unfortunately hear everything they were conversing about. Service was good, my water glass never was half empty. The server was knowledgeable about the menu. There was no bread to start the meal with- apparently one has to order from the "crostini" menu. Entrees and dessert were very good. I am not sure I would go again, too many other fantastic restaurants in the city to yet discover. Great meal, not a lot of room in this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014standards have slipped in the last couple of years.Special Features:
- Smallest portions in the easttheirfanVIPDined on 8/12/2014It really doesnt cost much to give a few more strands of linguine. I have eaten at many italian restaurants, in italy and here (marea, morini, michelin starred and not) but i have never ever seen smaller portions anywhere!! Not anywhere. Certainly not in Italy. Not even in france! I am not a huge eater, but frankly, I think it is an insult to give portions so small. On another note.. The art work of Bobby Deniro's father is beautiful.
- Excellent As AlwaysCathyODined on 8/10/2014I had a great lunch/brunch this past Sunday at Locanda Verde - food was excellent and the service was the best! I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining at MareaRussVIPDined on 8/7/2014I made reservations well in advance to have an opportunity to dine at Marea. After all, Frommers and Fodors gave the restaurant high marks. We were not disappointed. While the tables are bit close, we could easily carry on a conversation. The lighting and overall look and feel of the place prompts the word "lovely." Our server kept us on her radar, and made great recommendations. Our dinner was superb--we shared an appetizer and enjoyed our own beautifully-prepared entrees. Marea was, in all aspects, the perfect place for our special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, not so good serviceNewYorkerDined on 8/7/2014So I go to Locanda probably once a week for business lunches. The food is amazing but it still amazes me how rude and obnoxious the hostess are, every time, over and over again it is the same thing. the are unfriendly and extremly rude. The service is alright but not great, and again with attitude, not the right kind though. I continue to go for lunch because is convenient and people that invite me to lunch choose this restaurant but I would never go just on my own or for a fun and social evening, too much of a hassle to deal with these prople, given that are so many places to go in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deliciousvk593Dined on 8/6/2014Locanda Verde serves some of the most delicious food I've had while living in New York City. I had the blue crab crostini to start, the pappardelle as an entree, and la fantasia for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!Marz12VIPDined on 8/3/2014Locanda never ceases to disappoint! I've been several times for dinner and lunch, but this was my first time trying brunch. Their ricotta is always a must-have on the menu, but I think the brunch version takes the cake. It's served with a burnt orange toast and a truffle honey on top of the ricotta - it was amazing. We also had the frittata, which was great, and the salad. It was a bit too much food for brunch and we probably could have done without the salad. Service was OK this time, although it's usually amazing. Our waiter didn't do anything wrong, just wasn't anything above and beyond. Can't wait to get back here for brunch!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Had an 11:00p reservation, kitchen closes at 11:30p. Theater got out late, long wait for the subway, arrived right at 11:30 and they held the kitchen open for our order. We have eaten here many times, always a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tribeca treatDevDDined on 7/31/2014Food was delicious. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and the wine list. He was warm, friendly and guided us to the best pairings of wine and food. We had a 2 hour lunch and every minute of it was delightful.Special Features:
- loudnycfood2109Dined on 7/30/2014very small portions; left hungry; deafeningly loud
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014Locanda Verde is fantastic for business lunches, weekend brunch, or (if you remember to reserve) dinner. One of my neighborhood favorites.Special Features:
- mavedaDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant is beautiful, food is great , and service very good.Special Features:
- Super Meal!DeanBDined on 7/26/2014Had a super meal with great service. The ricotta and steak tartare appetizers were just outstanding as were all the entrees.Special Features:
- OpenReviewDined on 7/18/2014Completely forgot a drink that we ordered. For a 130 lunch, no longer had a ravioli that was listed on the menu. Could not make a dish without the bread. What happened to customer service.Special Features:
- One of the best!ThompsonDined on 7/14/2014I have dined here many times. The service has always been great and the food never disappoints. The sheep's milk ricotta crostini and the Burrata appetizer are two that I always order. You can't go wrong with any of the pasts entrees. I would recommend sitting in the back dining room as some of the other areas can get loud at times. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- lovely experiencePaNicDined on 7/13/2014Good food, great wine and nice service contributed to an excellent evening at Locanda Verde.Special Features:
- nice place with excellent foodalbinsDined on 7/7/2014The restaurant is beautiful and service is nice. We tried pasta and it was excellent. Maybe the amount of food was a bit short but it was ok for dinner. The desserts are amazing! Is a bit expensive but totally worth the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchSFoodieDined on 7/7/2014Food was excellent and service also great. Can't wait to try dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good with touches of very goodlizaazilDined on 7/6/2014This was overall a solid very good. So if a solid "very good" isn't worth $600 (including tax, tip and alcohol but not dessert) for dinner for four then this isn't your place. I'm not totally sure i'll go back but I enjoyed the food and the experience. The service, which seemed to be the focus of many of the negative comments, was actually quite good. The ambience was lovely. The portions are small but we ordered a lot of food (a crostini, 4 primo, 2 pastas and 4 secondi) and we were too stuffed to consider dessert. Because it was my birthday, however, they brought us a slice of cake with a candle in it which was very nice.Special Features:
- elGordoDined on 7/6/2014While the service was a little spotty this time, we ( a party of 4) enjoyed it thoroughly this time as we have in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful MealcnycVIPDined on 7/2/2014Blue Crab Crostini was very special and Duck Terrina was delicious! The Branzino with Rock Shrimp was melt in your mouth. Will find another time soon to go downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunchBrowserVIPDined on 7/2/2014As the lunch crowd was dwindling, we were unrushed, and totally catered to. It was one of those steamy days in NY, so I wanted to eat light. The insalate d'Andrea was perfect...and sharing the delicious ricotta was brilliant. I never would have lingered so long during a busier time, but so appreciated the chance to catch up with a rarely seen friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Staff offered great food and wine recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.