8638 W. Third Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.locandaveneta.net/
- Phone: 3102741893
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday, 11:00am - 5:00pm. Dinner: Monday - Sunday, 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Andre Ginekis, Sr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details on our catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Massimo Pianiri 3102741893
- Special Events: We also cater your private parties, please call for details.
A word from Locanda Veneta
Click here to read our press release! One of LA’s best Italian restaurants, Locanda Veneta aims to transport you to Venice, Italy. Where the freshest and often deceptively simplest ingredients are combined and cooked into art. The cozy room, often dotted with celebs, is elegant but there’s nothing fussy about the menu. Here you’ll find favorites such as a fresh-vegetable minestrone; wild mushroom risotto; and spinach and ricotta cheese gnocchi. Garlic, fresh herbs and olive oil dress many of the pasta, meat and fish dishes; and the veal scaloppini gets a different preparation every night. When an Italian spot is as classic as this, how can you skip a dessert of tiramisu? Our extensive wine list complements your meal, with selections mainly from Italy, France and California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Locanda Veneta - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Locanda Veneta reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (39)romantic (32)special occasion (23)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- ExcellentGreatVIPDined on 9/17/2014The authentic Italian food was delicious. Service was fantastic. I definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Birthday EleganceTammyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Came here for the first time for my husband's birthday with another couple. Our service was impeccable, and the food surpassed our expectations. My Lamb Shank over Polenta was so succulent I forced myself to leave enough for the next day's lunch so I could enjoy it again later! My husband had the Pappardelle with Filet Mignon ragu which was spectacular. The Carciofa Salad was wonderful; I especially loved the shaved parmesan on top. Unfortunately we had dessert waiting at home so we didn't get to try the many great-sounding offerings, but we will most certainly be back! This is now one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in LAJu1244Dined on 9/13/2014Best food, best secret,best celebrity citings. I've been more than 25 times, also lunch is a great and affordable optionSpecial Features:
- reviewVIPDined on 8/24/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner. Food was pretty tasty for the most part but overall was a nice dinner along with dessert. Glad we were able to try this restaurant. Server was friendly and helpful but you could tell he had a lot of tables to worry about but he did a good job in spite of having to take care of so many tables.
- chuck90036chuck90036Dined on 8/23/2014Always amazing! Had friends in from out of town and another who hadn't been there in years. All were pleased, content and will go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Pasta, Not so good OtherOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014I have eaten at Locanda Veneta many times over the years.. Each previous time I had one of their pastas which are always excellent. this time I tried the Osso Buco. I was very disappointed. The meat was excessively fatty and difficult to eat, although the sauce was delicious. Ambiance and service always first rate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Have been coming here for many years and I consistently find the food and service outstanding, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Great meal! We had a great scallop appetizer and our great raved about the branzino!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerStephanieDined on 7/29/2014Took my husband here for his birthday and it was delightful. Our waiter (maybe the owner?) was so gracious, charming, and attentive. We felt as though we were in Italy on vacation. I had a truffle pasta that was incredible and my husband had the soft shell crab risotto which was also divine. There was a cool cucumber soup and octopus carpaccio too. The Prosecco, a lovely Italian red, and finally a glass of Moscato were excellent company for the amazing dishes. I'm so glad this classic and superb Italian restaurant is still with us. A great night.Special Features:
- GDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Each time I visit LA, I make sure that I eat here on the first and last days of my trip. Food continues to be excellent. Service as well. They make you feel at home.Special Features:
- GDinerVIPDined on 7/23/2014This is quite the neighborhood gem. Food is as good as it gets in Los Angeles. Just like mama used to make.
- Never disappointedPopPopDined on 7/23/2014A favorite and never disappointed. An excellent selection for Dine L.A. Always pleasurable with excellent food and staff. A wonderful, leisurely dinner.Special Features:
- Still Amazing!DeborahVIPDined on 7/22/2014We decided to revisit Locanda Veneta during DineLA week after a decade long hiatus. Glad we did!! And sorry we had forgotten about this gem. Wow! The food was even better than we remembered. Authentic, well prepared Italian food using the freshest ingredients. The stuffed pork chop with a mushroom sauce and polenta on the side was rich, unctuous and too much to eat in one sitting. The pear tart is shaped like a pear and buttery rich, like baking should be.The best part?The restaurant is small and quiet.We could hear one another talk.How refreshing for LA!Some say it is dated.No way! It's charming like a Trattoria in Italy.How come Angelenos can't appreciate that?We will be back a lot, now. Try it. It's wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArnieDined on 7/22/2014Food was plentiful and generally good..My pork chop was unfortunately overcooked. Service was great and the corkage fair.I will be backSpecial Features:
- Locanda foreverBabycakes84VIPDined on 7/21/2014We've dined at Locanda Veneta for over 20 years. While the prices are high, the quality of the food and service remain high as well. The specials are almost always occasion worthy and the small intimate setting suits an evening of quiet conversation among friends. I highly recommend Locanda Veneta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shirking pork chopOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2014The last DineLA experience here was excellent, the pork chop was to die for. This time, the pork chop was 1/2 the size, still taste good, but not as good as last time. The service was OK. I didn't have my usual waiter (he was not working). The one we had was just doing his job. Food is still good.Special Features:
- Pure Delight!!OCfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We decided to hit this lovely little place for our LA Dine experience. What a treat!! Everything was delicious! From my appetizer of Pulpo capriccio to my main of Scallops and pasta it was pure delight. Thinking that we had seen the very best, we were blown over by pear pastry desert! Oh My!! Perfection!! Had to miss our movie and eat our desert slowly as it was too fantastic to just gobble it down! Hats off to the Chef and crew at Locanda Veneta, you have acquired new patrons who plan to return as much as we can to relieve the experience!Special Features:
- A must for anyone loving great foodDanielDined on 7/17/2014I have to say, both the food quality and presentation were FANTASTIC! The staff was helpful, courteous but not intrusive. I have nothing but good things to say. I started with a roasted tomato and buffalo mozzarella salad, the tomatoes were sliced and fanned out on the plate with the cheese in the center, slight drizzle of great olive oil and balsamic reduction. On to the main course, home made papparadelle pasta with short ribs, satisfying and hearty without being heavy. Then a vanilla custard that was divine. I work in a Restaurant, The Grill on the Alley in Beverly Hills, and have to say I had a great experience. I have already told about a dozen of my guests about your establishment and will continue to do so. Go have a great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artfuldiner66Dined on 7/15/2014The food was quite good, just not particularly distinctive. The service was attentive but not overbearing. It was somewhat pricey.Special Features:
- Terrific in every waySuSuDined on 7/15/2014The menu is diverse and can satisfy any patron. Every dish we ordered was well prepared--visually appealing-- and delicious. The portions were generous. The service was courteous. This intimate restaurant is a jewel. We will definitely keep this restaurant on our "favorites" list.Special Features:
- ExcellentgreatneckDined on 7/12/2014Massimo is the consummate host and food is wonderful!
- Great food, excellent serviceil2eVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was a great dining experience. We listened to Ernesto's recommendations and we are glad we did. They were spot on. We will definitely come back and will request Ernesto as our server. He is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old FavoriteLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/6/2014Many years ago we were frequent visitors to Locanda Veneta. It was an "in" spot on the local restaurant scene for Italian. After disappointing visits we stopped going there a few years ago. Our dinner Sunday night was quite good. The restaurant was quiet so service was exceptional. Bolognaise was excellent & my mother & wife shared a good Spaghetti Pomodoro. Bread, salad and steamed spinach were all good. Including a bottle of Sparkling Water and only one glass of wine for the table of three we had a bill of $107 including tip. We had a booth to the left as you enter that provided a degree of privacy....seating is in rows throughout most of the restaurant where privacy is limited. Other than pasta most entrees are expensive.
- Always excellent.Ck1000VIPDined on 7/4/2014The grilled calamari is the best in town. Crab risotto special is amazing.Special Features:
- Always terrific ItalianWeedyVIPDined on 7/3/2014I've been coming to Locanda Veneta everytime I come to LA for nearly 25 years now. And it never disappoints. The regular menu is excellent but it's the daily specials that are truly exceptional. A small intimate friendly and wonderful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch near Cedars HospitalFernDined on 6/30/2014If you want to feel happier after a visit to a Doctor or patient go across the street for a decent Italian meal. You can leave your car parked in the Cedars garage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was Good as it Once WasItalianVIPDined on 6/28/2014This used to be a bustling restaurant and I haven't been here for years since I stopped working in the area. Went back with and was surprised to find that it was very quiet. Not many people at this gem. The food was still outstanding but the food came our really slow considering how few people were there. I'd still go back. Perhaps they'll revive the service at some point so things come out faster.Special Features:
- Went twice in two weeks:GreatDined on 6/16/2014It was so good, I went twice in two weeks and will probably continue. The tomato soup is...the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThjnvcVIPDined on 6/12/2014It's a special place? I have loved it for years and will keep coming back.Special Features:
- The following 474 reviews are from the Locanda Veneta reviews archive.
- Food and service are impeccableLeemsBDined on 5/20/2014My husband and I really enjoy coming to Locanda Veneta. The food (appetizers, pastas, desserts) are incredible. The Maître D is also very warm and welcoming. This is definitely our go-to Italian place! The Calamari, Crab Risotto, Parpadelle Filet and lastly Panna cotta are amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PRICES WOULD HELPROCCOTACODined on 5/13/2014Had a great meal and service was stellar.Wonderful pasta and a diverse menu,but u won't know costs until bill comes.This makes me a little nervous and serves no purpose which makes it a bad policy,despite which i would still return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect place to dine and talkLewieDined on 5/8/2014Besides the wonderful food and service, this is a place to be able to have a nice dinner and be able to talk to your guests. The risotto is always delicious as well as the wild boar parpadelle which is our favorite. The Remo salad was delicious, fresh and perfectly dressed. We had not seen our friends in months and wanted someplace that was a little more intimate to catch up. This definitely was the place.Special Features:
- This place is wonderful - always!LosAngelesVisitorVIPDined on 4/25/2014Every time I come here, which is often enough to be able to judge its consistency, but sadly not so often that I could be classified as a “real” regular, the food is delicious. Fish dishes so fresh, not to mention well prepared/seasoned, you relish every bite; pasta that makes you wake in the middle of night wishing for more; and dessert (that I normally would skip, but rarely do at LocandaV) to die for. Diverse wine list, which is perfect for whatever your mood, and reasonably priced (relatively speaking) - yummy. Service is beyond reproach. Literally a FAV spot. You can't go wrong at Locanda Veneta!
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014Great place to take out-of-towners to. Food is always excellent, service impeccable. Never fails to impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, frustrating service.overpricedVIPDined on 4/23/2014A pain to find - took us almost an hour to get there just from Rodeo drive. In such a random neighborhood. We were in a rush when we finally got there - service was horrible. He just stood there, didn't give us a menu, didn't clear the tables. But the food came out surprisingly fast and was delicious. Parking difficult. If you get there on time and don't expect 5 star service and are more laid back than I- place is excellent. Would go back more mentally prepared next time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden charmsThosspotDined on 4/13/2014Unassuming but the food was fantastic. Much like what you might get in Roma. We went on a Monday night so a little quiet. Branzino was terrific, as we're the chicken and fettuccini/filet dishes. Tuna carpaccio special the night we went was excellent. Had a great Heitz cab to go with all. As said, it doesn't look like much but the food was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going backBHDinerDined on 4/5/2014We had a great dinner with friends and love this as one of our neighborhood spots. Authentic Italian with very good food. Good wine list too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old fashioned home styleGDinerVIPDined on 3/30/2014Good old fashioned home style cooking. A great place for a fantastic meal.Special Features:
- A small but excellent diningGDinerVIPDined on 3/18/2014A small but excellent dining experience. Food is to die for.
- Thank you, Richard!JeanneDined on 3/8/2014I met my son in LA to support him in the marathon. My friend who lived in LA for years recommended this restaurant and boy were we glad. The black squid lobster ravioli was absolutely delicious. The food was authentic Italian from the waitstaff to the last bite. This restaurant will become part of my LA itinerary when i return to LA.Special Features: