4059 Lincoln Blvd.
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://locandapositano.com/
- Phone: 3105263887x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday 5:30pm to 10pm
Saturday and Friday 5:30pm to 10:30pm
Sunday 5pm to 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michelangelo Pinto
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We will be happy to work with you to accommodate your business meeting or special event with our traditional and innovative Italian dishes and pasta specialties. Locanda Positano offers an extensive selection of Italian and California wines. Menu highlights include traditional chi
- Private Party Contact: Paolo Scovolo 8555490243
A word from Locanda Positano
Welcome to Locanda Positano, a cozy small gem in the heart of Marina Del Rey. Our Chef, , created an authentic Italian menu focusing on the seasons. Using local, fresh, and organic produces and only quality ingredients imported directly from Italy, Locanda creates a refined and sophisticated feel in a romantic setting. Our wine list offers a wide and selected variety of Italian wines and, as well of beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Locanda Positano reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (36)romantic (35)special occasion (30)notable wine list (17)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Outstanding as usualShelleyDined on 9/26/2014I've been to Locanda several times and keep going back. . that sums it up. Also, the wild boar pappardelle is still my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, attentive serviceCorbinDined on 9/23/2014My expectations were perhaps too high, based on others' reviews. The food was good, not exceptional (except for the octopus carpaccio which was outstanding). The pastas were cooked just right, and not particularly inspired. The pappa al pomodoro tasted heavily of tomato paste. The lasagna was comfort food, and a little bit dark and murky. The torta di fomaggio was awesome. So overall, it's an OK place, but not one to rush back to, especially at the cost. For a very similar amount of money, you can dine at Piccolo and experience a true culinary delight. Oh, and the wine list, while extensive and interesting, is outrageously priced - the least expensive bottle is $44? C'mon.Special Features:
- Excellent Old country foodSonnyDined on 9/23/2014As a Italian I though the food was definitely old country and Excellent, I also thought it was a little pricey for its location and hard seating, not very comfortable, but worthwhile at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, ambianceGeorgeDined on 9/22/2014We had an excellent dinner. The matre d' recommended a Barolo that was superb.Special Features:
- consistantly excellantlabelmanceVIPDined on 9/20/2014Never been disappointed. Some of the best Italian on the West Coast. Not flashy, just good.Special Features:
- JacarandaVIPDined on 9/17/2014Cute little restaurant with one very small dining room and the tiniest tables I've ever seen. The service was very good and the food was decent although nothing special. The big drawback was the prices on the menu which were outrageously high. I had a Blackboard Eats coupon for a third off the bill and I'd never go back unless I had another a similar discount. Even then, the ambience was a little claustrophobic.
- Neighborhood gemmarinagirlDined on 9/15/2014I need to go back! Started with the fried calamari and zucchini appetizer- it was nice and crispy and the sauce was good. Next was a mixed green, walnut and gorgonzola salad- the salad was good but would have liked a little less dressing. I'll request it on the side next time. The main course- Tagliatelle in a creamy parmesan sauce and shaved black truffles!! Wow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarVistaDined on 9/6/2014I have gone there before and the food is always good. This time, however, I was disappointed. The food is still good but they have gone to a totally a la carte menu so when the Chicken Parmesana, that was all that was on the plate for (I believe) $28. I was very surpised that there was not even a few broccoli spears. I would think twice about going back here and although I would recommend it, it would be with the caveat that it has gotten much more expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Service improvedVWbhVIPDined on 9/5/2014We have enjoyed it here in the past, but had some really scketchy service sometimes....did not honor reservation, food came out in installments. This time was great. Very attentive service, good food. I do not recommend this for large parties or for children. Small, but charming, it loses appeal if you can't hear each other because of too large a group.Special Features:
- Great eveningNicknameDined on 8/30/2014Perfect service and fantastic food. Highly recommend locanda positano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant is very quaint and personal. The owner waited on us and he was very charming and helpful on menu choices. The food was flavorful and cooked to perfection and my husband and I were very happy with our dishes as well as the beautiful Italian wine we chose. Wonderful evening! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine!LuvncaDined on 8/26/2014We were in town for business, and wanted a quiet and cozy place with outstanding food. The food was outstanding, the service wonderful, and it is so cozy. We felt like we were back in Positano, and with even better food! The pastas are so delicious, and the waiters recommended the best choices. Go and enjoy, but let's not tell too many people!Special Features:
- Nice hidden spotUnosixtyDined on 8/24/2014Super nice small italian spot with a great menu. I tried the calamari and they were super fresh and tasty, as well as the pear arugula salad they make. Great wine list too. It's not cheap but worth it for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014This is the fourth time we have dined at Locanda, its comfortable, good food and very relaxing. Fair warning the place is small and the tables are very tightSpecial Features:
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 8/16/2014This first time try for us was a last minute pick. Being greeted by Paolo, the owner, was our first hint that we'd made the right decision. The modest sized room, with its simple decor, is somehow nevertheless bursting with charm. We definitely ordered more food than we needed -- but no regrets :-) Our starters were Asparagus Soup (of the day) which was brilliant, and Burrata Caprese which initially seemed a tad too clean and basic, but did grow on me and by the time I finished it I was in heaven. For mains we had Linguini Vongole, and Linguini Positano (mixed seafood in tomato sauce) -- both pretty straightforward and we enjoyed them. My dining partner was happy with his Gelato Misto dessert; and my Cheesecake was quite delectable!Special Features:
- Great foodyoshikDined on 8/15/2014Although the prices are bit high, the foods were all great. Homemade squid ink pasta was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JDSRPMVIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was Honestly Very Good. I didn't expect much, but it was truly delicious! The pasta with the braised wild boar was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very attentive serviceFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Food is great and service is fantastic. Top it off, it is very close to where I live. I can't ask for more especially when it is quite easy to get reservation since I am sure not many people know of this gem. I've lived in the marina for 15 years and only found out about this place last year. Only negative comment would be that it is kind of pricey.Special Features:
- DHRHDined on 8/6/2014I would like to give it an A+, but I don't want it to become so popular that I can't get a table. Best Italian dinner I have had in LA.Special Features:
- Nothing specialnoiseadverseDined on 8/1/2014We did not order their daily specials but instead when with their regular menu. The seafood pasta had a nice little zip to the sauce but the small shrimp, mussels etc were like anywhere. The appetizer of tomatoes and burrito had a nice balsamic reduction but a little too sweet. The short ribs pasta was so so. The pasta was chewy but the meat was tasty, but it was not a large dish. Overall the prices were expensive for the quality of the meal. The wait staff also looked a little disorganized and not having a good time. We went on a travel zoo special, if we had paid full price we would have been very unset, instead we were just not impressed.
- Fantastic Italian FoodBarryTVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I have dined here previously, and my family was in from out of town so I decided to make a reservation at Locanda. The food did not disappoint and they sat us promptly. Being a small restaurant, there was only one server working and honestly, they could have used more. Despite having to constantly call either the server or the busboy over when we needed something, it was still a fun evening, and we will return.Special Features:
- Delicious foodYogahorseDined on 8/1/2014Loved their salads and pasta. Very clouded place and must have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did these guys get a new chef??LaFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014I come to this restaurant a lot, have introduced many friends to it, and have boasted it as our favorite Italian restaurant from LA to Italy. The food has always been so delicious, authentic and wonderful. This time, we came in with friends we'd introduced to the restaurant and there was a noticeable change. The steak that is usually so tender you can easily cut it with a butter knife was tough and under-seasoned. The rigatoni short rib dish with meat that is usually tender enough to cut it with a fork was tough and under-seasoned. The bread, that is usually served hot and sliced like a normal Italian restaurant were sliced so thin they were actually hard. Every dish was bland, none were tender, and the love seemed to be missing.Special Features:
- DanaMDined on 7/29/2014Authentic Italian! Delish! Highly recommend. Small spot. About 10 tables. Intimate. Romantic. And big menu to pick from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerSuzyCreamCheeseDined on 7/29/2014We were taking clients (that we had never met in person before) out for dinner and being from the East Coast we wanted to choose a restaurant close to their office. Well, we certainly picked a winner! None of our 4 guests had ever eaten there before and loved every morsel. Wine selection, appetizers, entrees and desserts were all delicious. They raved about it for days. Thank you for making our dinner a HUGE success. We only wish we weren't 3000 miles away. Bravo Locanda Positano!!!Special Features:
- Still GoodLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/17/2014This was one of the hottest restaurants in the city 20-25 years ago. Things have quieted down a bit, but the food is still good. Service was excellent, but it was a quiet Sunday night with no pressure on the kitchen or waiter. Pasta dishes were excellent....bread too. Expensive in my opinion if you venture out of the pasta selections. Don't think you will be disappointed with your visit.
- A bust for Dine LA!TimetodineDined on 7/16/2014Went for dinner on a weekday, during the July Dine LA event. Easily got a reservation for 2 on Open Table - no wonder, it was an overall lousy experience and our bill was over $120!!! From the moment we walked in, we knew it wasn't going to be a good experience. And we were so excited to try a new place. We didn't get a proper greeting at the door, in fact the hostess was nowhere to be found for a good 2 minutes. Nice to be ignored, especially when the restaurant wasn't even half full - and it's a small restaurant! The service was slow & completely disorganized and the food was fair (when you've had the chance to eat great Italian-i.e. Bottega in Napa-you know!) and it was a horrible value, $45/person, and we had to share an app & dessert!
- FabulousLadybergVIPDined on 7/13/2014Took my mom here for Sunday dinner. We were the first guests of the evening, but only had the place to ourselves for a short time. It's a cozy place and the service was great. We had the Gorgonzola salad, lightly dressed & delicious. I had a scallop special which was perfectly cooked & seasoned. Mom loved her rack of lamb. The tiramisu dessert was great too. We will definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a placeBanksVIPDined on 7/11/2014So after driving past this place twice a day for years i finally decided to take a look, not expecting a great experience as its on lincoln blvd, was i wrong!! first time in a long time we have left a restaurant and not left feeling disappointed by something, our starter was great, main course of ild boar was to die for, normally not a desert person but we had to have a couple to try which were great, oh try the Lemon Chello!! it will knock you're boots off, The chef popped by to see how we were enjoying our meal which was nice but not have the waiter come by 30 seconds after getting the meal to check was nice as we could enjoy our meal. The waiter was great and made sure we were happy, top marks for this little gem.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/3/2014The owner is so wonderful and kind. He was our waiter which made our meal execeptionally special. He helped guide us with our wine and then the food was amazing. Super high quality and delicious without being too rich. I loved everything. We will definitely back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful and Charming RestaurantmjmsVIPDined on 7/3/2014We love this wonderful Italian restaurant. It has delicious, authentic Italian food and excellent service. The chef/owner is so gracious and talented. We always enjoy our dinners at this charming restaurant.
- I taste of Italy in MDRdinneronmeVIPDined on 6/17/2014We've been frequent diners at Locanda Positano since they expanded their menu. Wonderful food and great service. The Owners run the place and it shows!Special Features:
- Positive in PositanoCharmelVIPDined on 6/13/2014Tho close andncozy the photos of Positano make the experience more spacious Home cooking comfort food feel on busy Lincoln Blvd Yay they have a valet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 562 reviews are from the Locanda Positano reviews archive.
- A Little Italy in Marian Del ReyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/31/2014The food, athmostphere and service all add up to a wonderful, intimate experience transporting you to a trattoria in Italia.Special Features:
- What a gem!FoodfanDined on 5/30/2014I was so pleasantly suprised by Locanda Positano. The location is not 'sexy' on Lincoln Ave. But once you enter the restaurant, this is long forgotten. It is such a humble, yet wonderful, restaurant. The staff was accommodating, friendly, and attentive - not to mention the enticing Italian accents! ;) Most important, the menu was diverse and our party of three loved EVERY SINGLE MORSEL of food that was served to us.Special Features:
- Like dinner in FlorencePaniolopeteDined on 5/23/2014Whenever I wish I could have a meal at that tiny Florentine osteria we love so much, I book a table at Locanda Positano. A wonderful wine list and a shifting batch of wine specials rivals anything in Italy. The kitchen continually astounds me with their authentic entrees, antipasto, pastas, sides and desserts. Mille grazi Locanda Positano, mille grazi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Neither the quality nor quantity of the food- warrant prices charged. Service was so-so. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- SurpriseSurpriseVIPDined on 5/13/2014It if hadn't been for BlackBoardEats.com I would have never heard of this place or eaten there. Across from an IHOP on a dark street the outside is not that inspiring but once inside you are greeted by Donato and see they have a thriving restaurant. Though we were the oldest couple in the place we felt very comfortable the whole evening. The wines were a little on the higher end than we like but we found one we could enjoy. Our meal was excellent and the service was perfect. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trip to ItalyaileenaVIPDined on 5/13/2014We took advantage of a Blackboard Eats promotion, as we've been wanting to try this restaurant for a while. We've been to the other restaurants that have preceded it, and thought as locals it's worth investigating. Read reviews and saw YELP pics which were good. Nice to walk in and see a familiar face with the maitre'd who we knew from Antica Pizzaria which has closed with the new Marina Marketplace redevelopment. Tried calamari fritti and burrata speck salad, then scallops and the lasagna. All were fresh, delicious, authentic, and we were able to enjoy each of them without being rushed; well orchestrated timing; as soon as we were done with 1 course and smiling, the next would arrive. A wonderful evening with great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was spectacular as were staffMDSAJ51Dined on 5/11/2014Great food with wonderful wine selections; consistency in all dishes--we chose an app and four different dishes for Mother's Day and all four very different dishes were wonderful. Our favs: pasta with wild boar and greens, large sea scallops on a bed of spinach with mushrooms/garlic. Yum!! Would recommend highly to anyone who loves nuanced Italian food in a small, intimate environment with attentive but unobtrusive staff!Special Features: