33-02 34th Ave.
Astoria, NY 11106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.localeastoria.com/main.html
- Phone: 7187299080
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jesse Davis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Locale
Locale Restaurant is located in the heart of Astoria NY. It's style reflects the neighborhood, modern, yet multi-cultural chic aspect, which has become a signature of present day Astoria. Locale's diverse menu can accommodate almost any taste whether its early afternoon, brunch or an intimate dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Locale - Best Restaurants in Astoria ›
Locale reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (26)great for brunch (18)romantic (16)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)special occasion (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Tried this place for dinner with my girlfriend and it was wonderful. We started with cocktails at the bar where they were projecting a movie on the wall, specialty cocktails were seasonal and refreshing. We decided to eat dinner outside to enjoy the nice weather and quaint neighborhood vibe. The service was excellent as was the food, I had the veal Milanese and it was juicy and succulent. Would definitely recommend this place for a nice dinner and can't wait to come back for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary ExperienceNeoclassicismDined on 8/14/2014My partner and I celebrated our two year anniversary at Locale and had a wonderful time. The food was delicious (in fact, I think it was the best gnocchi I've ever eaten), and the service was wonderful. They were very attentive and made sure we had a lovely anniversary. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014We were looking for a restaurant in the Long Is City/Astoria area after a long day in Manhattan. Came across Locale on Open Table and thought we would give it a try. What a great neighborhood gem! Staff was welcoming and attentive. Food was delicious and ambience was great. I can't think of a better place to have spent the evening!Special Features:
- A pleasant surprisechefboyarveeDined on 8/8/2014Booked a reservation here not expecting much but was very glad I did. Great ambiance with dim candle-lighting. Drinks were on point, I went the bourbon route and had the gunslinger, respect your elders and the bartenders special concoction. The food did not disappoint, most notably the Balsamic Glazed Lamb Ribs (unreal, fall off the bone goodness) and Atlantic Salmon (the crispy top layer adds great texture to the dish, not to mention the lobster gnocchi which was perfectly cooked). My girlfriend had the Tagliatelle Aragosta which had a decent amount of lobster in it and the pasta was again cooked to perfection. I have my eyes on the Goat Cheese Ravioli and Orechiette next time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian food!!GitzDined on 8/6/2014The food is too good!!Service is really nice. The house made pastas are must try.Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Engagement CelebrationBennyDined on 8/3/2014We were celebrating our recent engagement,and started at a party of 2. Adjusted to 4, then 6, 8 and FINALLY 10. Every single time we called the staff was completely accommodating! Could not have asked for a better experience. The entire family enjoyed themselves. The staff was cordial, patient with a large group and so sweet. I thank you again, Locale. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2014Great find in Astoria. Reasonable prices, great food and friendly staff. Sunday brunch was packed recommend reservations.Special Features:
- Good brunchThetaSigmaVIPDined on 7/20/2014I went here for brunch. The outside tables are nice, the food is good, and the service is good, but the portions were small. Both me and my girlfriend thought the omelettes were very small compared to any other omelettes we've ever had.Special Features:
- NoisyVIPDined on 7/5/2014What a great find! The gnocchi was some of the best I've had, and all the food was fresh and had an interesting (but always authentic) modern twist. Beers were interesting, wine list good. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who Knew???WhineNDineDined on 7/1/2014Locale is the best kept local in Astoria. Great care is taken with food preparation and the staff was accommodating. The crostini were as good as any I've had in Umbria and the fish dishes were outstanding. Very reasonable corkage fee makes it an outstanding value. We'll be back often.Special Features:
- fine dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Went for dinner the other night their service and food was fantastic. I will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!BennyDined on 6/16/2014Was celebrating a 6yr. Anniversary with my love and it was an absolute GREAT time/experience. Food was amazing (compliments to the chef!). Service was perfect, attentive and suggestive to items on the menu. Great scenic view to enjoy the sun setting over the neighborhood. Will DEFINITELY be back...soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Locale reviews archive.
- Fabulous Local RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014I have been to Locale three times in the last three months and each time have brought friends. The food, drinks and service are outstanding. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfect!AlitzapiaVIPDined on 4/24/2014Celebrated a birthday,....lovely ambiance, very attentive staff, all done with plenty of smile. Just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best place in AstoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/23/2014black linguine is out of this world!!! Italian food like grandma makes!Special Features:
- Delicious and Great ServiceGunnyDined on 4/5/2014The food was excellent: the shaved Brussels sprouts appetizer is both brilliant and delicious. The Linguine Nero was just the right amount of spicy. Locale is the kind of restaurant you want to come back to so you can try every single menu item. The space is great with huge windows looking out onto the street. Most of all, we had a great experience with the staff. Even on a busy Saturday night, they were able to accommodate our somewhat-rushed timeline to catch a movie. Couldn't ask for a better night of food and can't to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a new local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/24/2014Fantastic. Food . Service .. price . Make it a point to get here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findfoodlvrVIPDined on 3/21/2014Great place for a birthday celebration. Great food, great service. Check it out.Special Features:
- Exellent place and food!!!!LovelynightDined on 2/21/2014The food was amazing super delicious. The personnel very attentive. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/19/2014Locale is a home run. The new Chef and Management has really upped the game and every menu selection we tried was outstanding. Service was completely on point and the vibe was great. Excellent spot, highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!MikeDined on 2/9/2014Had an awesome brunch date here. Great environment, friendly staff, interesting menu. Good stuff!Special Features:
- Food is good, servers don't careAPAPVIPDined on 2/2/2014We were not able to make a reservation for 4 with several tables being available once we arrived. When we were seated it was very drafty at our table due to absence of outer door. So every time clients would come in or out - it would be cold to the extend that we had to have our coats on shoulders. Given it was a very warm February day, we were lucky. We asked to be moved - staff did not put any effort to accommodate us. Food was good, but not good enough to get over the discomfort of the chill.
- Adorable!CandyDined on 1/26/2014My friend and I went here because we tried to go somewhere else but the wait was too long and that was the best thing that could have happened! We went for brunch an the food was awesome, service was great and the ambiance was lovely for a cute date or hang out with a girlfriend! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, romantic spot for a dateLucasDined on 1/23/2014It was a great spot for a midweek date! Quiet, cozy, and a lovely menu. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood spotDianeDined on 1/19/2014My friend and I had brunch here one weekend. Food was very good and price was reasonable. Small and cozy place. Great place in the area and would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm looking for a place toMonicaStellaDined on 1/16/2014I'm looking for a place to host my sisters first baby shower and spoke with john who I believe is the owner and was so helpful friendly and informative about hosting her shower at his restaurant. Our waiter Tyrell was also very nice and attentive, I hope I spelled his name correctly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantdwonderVIPDined on 1/11/2014Good food, good service, will definitely be coming back...side note white chocolate martini is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot for AstoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/5/2014Probably one of if not the best place in Astoria everything is amazing for brunch I recommend the extra spicy special bloody mary they makeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013The ambiance was beautiful, very romantic. The staff was amazing and very professional and organized. The food was great and inventive. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great place in Queens!TonalismVIPDined on 12/27/2013Coming in from Manhattan I know little about Queens and just picked this placed from OpenTable recommendations by Steinway Station. The maître d' was this cool polite hipster guy. The staff was very attentive, salad, pasta, and veal scallopini great, and to top it off cocktails were awesome. If this place was nearby me I'd be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they got new tables up byOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/8/2013they got new tables up by where the coaches are wow what a difference !! Great job guys
- Great Astoria SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2013Great place. Service was a little slow but extremely friendly. The food was AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and drinks withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2013Great food and drinks with great service. One of my favorite places in Astoria. Better for a couple or very small group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Waitress/hostess for the evening was very warm and friendy. Our water glasses were also continuously filled. Excellent service snd the food was just right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Brunch spotKateForsterDined on 10/19/2013My best friend and I went for brunch while she was in town this weekend. She loved the portabello mushroom benedict and I REALLY loved the cheddar grits I had with poached eggs and an English Muffin. Just lovely! And the owner, Johnny, was very welcoming. Will definitely be back! I am curious about dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Egg-salent !kmac1017Dined on 9/29/2013my friends & I had brunch there yesterday and the spinach & goat cheese omelet & ham & cheese omelet were cooked to perfection! And the flourless chocolate cake was off the chain! Kudos!Special Features:
- Awesome food!PeteDined on 9/7/2013This was a GREAT restaurant. Service was excellent, and the food was incredible! Drinks weren't bad either :-) Try the AntioxitiniSpecial Features:
- Great food and cocktails!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2013Tasty food and good drinks, a nice neighborhood spot right off the corner with outside seating. I would recommend for couples!Special Features:
- Gluten free Italian!LadyDiDined on 7/21/2013I was most excited about their gluten options, with not of their pasta dishes available GF! The flourless chocolate cake with espresso gelato was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Freshly made pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2013for a delectable, creative, luscious meal. The service was warm,welcoming and attentive. The barkeep was quite amiable and willing to create a drink that was not on the menu. It was a relaxing, and fulfilling evening had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.