800 S. Figueroa
Los Angeles, CA 90017Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.localtable-la.com/
- Phone: (213) 488-2654
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday Dinner: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Local Table
A new gem to downtown LA's Financial District. Local Table - LA is a new casual elegant restaurant that offers local farm to table concept, from fresh salads and sandwiches to cold pressed juices and organic smoothies. We also offer pastries and desserts made in house daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Local Table - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Local Table reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- the food is excellent but the service not so goodlunchtimeDined on 11/20/2014the service has not been so great and it has taken forever to get the check and usually I do not mind but since we are on our lunch hour most of the time it is a bit frustrating but the food is very delicious and have recommended to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to Table Delicious FoodJambudVIPDined on 11/19/2014This place is a gem. Organic and farm to table. They even brew their own beer. The food are delicious. Their desserts are to die for. Great place for Happy Hour. You just feel good after eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, casual downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/13/2014I've been to Local Table several times and each time we've had great service and delicious food. Although the atmosphere is more that of a casual lunch place, the food is consistently good. Our party of four had salmon and halibut and both were tasty. There's also a nice happy hour with reasonable house wine varietals from Israel. There an eclectic sound track that's not too loud so you can actually have a conversation without yelling. And if you have room for dessert they have delicious offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food made it goodsbergonziDined on 11/1/2014The service, both waitress and kitchen, left much to be desired. Get in and grab a desert to go. They were on the house do to the food delay and they were terrific!
- Gem in the middle of DTLAoldluvieDined on 10/28/2014Great, healthy food. Not overpriced. Casual. Friendly. Welcoming. A bit of calm in the storm of Downtown LA.Special Features:
- Before the Theatre...ArmchairFoodiesDined on 10/16/2014When we arrived, they couldn't find our Open Table reservation. But, it didn't matter because it was virtually empty. The host sat us at the window next to the loudest group of people ever. Hundreds of people were walking by to go to a Kings game. Our server didn't know the menu and left twice to go ask about ingredients. We were not told it was Happy Hour and decided to order off of that menu. Great beer/cider mix, bland spring rolls, salty meat skewers, spicy muscles. Everything had red peppers on it. We split the burger, which made us forget that the appetizers were sub par. You have to get up to look at dessert. Just weird. We gave it a 6.5 but the next day, after waking up with fat salt fingers we dropped our score to 4.Special Features:
- Our new "Local" Favorite!!!dtlaexplorerVIPDined on 10/9/2014We live Downtown and try restaurants all over. But it's nice to have a "go to" place when you want great food at an affordable price, with friendly staff and walking distance from home. This is all of those things. Very casual and friendly, with wonderfully unique offerings, like: Watermelon Caprese (awesome), cauliflower steak (what? Yes, a solid entrée without the meat. It's amazing). The DTLA salad is great as well - among several other things on their menu. Oh - and the Sangria is delicious, with lots of fruit in it. Two people, two to four drinks, shared plates, all for under $100. Can't beat that.
- Fresh FoodOTfunVIPDined on 10/7/2014The food is fresh but lacks flavor. The service was good and the environment was fun. Recommend the Calliflower Soup.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodAvalon2Dined on 9/22/2014This newer restaurant features locally sourced food. They have a varied selection of food on their menu. The service could be better as there were only two tables occupied during my recent visit and it took a while for our food to be served. We ordered chicken and salmon dishes which should have come out sooner. The waitress was extremely attentative and made up for the slow kitchen service. I would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- lunch - yummy and bustlinghyperchrisDined on 9/9/2014Had the open faced ahi "sandwich" and it was really delicious. I also added the grilled brussels sprouts and those were great. I'm not a juice guy so I tried the acai lemonade which was nice and tart. Tasty AND healthy meal and I will be back! Room at lunchtime is noisy like so many places (does every surface have to be reflective people?)Special Features:
- Healthy Options....KatKDined on 9/8/2014It's an okay place - very laid back service. Atmosphere is somewhat dull......
- Restaurant in need of an identityPurrfectPawsVIPDined on 9/8/2014Style sent mixed messages: there were communal tables (definitely not my favorite seating concept) of well dressed business people eating 'healthy' food (i.e. vegan, gluten free). Concrete floors and walls prevented conversation as sound bounced off everything. Couldn't figure out who are they trying to attract? Is the place button-down or artsy? Is the menu diverse, or pretentious? They tried to be all things, but didn't hit the mark on any of them. Service was attentive, but portions were small and the noise level was an agitation. Local Table needs to decide who their targeted customer is, and don't pretend to the rest of us that it's a viable dining option.
- Great but priceyPuckertartLemonsqueezeDined on 9/5/2014The food was great; I had avocado toasts, hangar steake, chocolate moose, mango and ginger ale for a drink. I didn't pick the restaurant, and was there for a meeting, so I wasn't thinking about the food, but each thing made me go, "hold up - this is really good." The waitress was very friendly. But... I spent like 50 bucks, no alcohol. But I mean, the entree I think was 22 bucks? Which is actually cheapish for a steak dish at a medium-fancy place, and is way cheaper than fancy steakhouse, but it was a smallish amount of steak. But that's not what I was there for. And it's downtown, so I had to pay for parking and drive down there. And the restaurant validates but I forgot to validate. So I guess my complaints aren't their fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/27/2014really liked the grilled salmon sandwich and the tuna appetizer. Lots of healthy options at reasonable prices and will go back whenever in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumYumVIPDined on 8/26/2014A lot of healthy options on the lunch menu plus a good selection of beers and wine. I like the turkey meatball sandwich and the salad it came with. The beer list was good and they have a long menu of smoothie and juice options as well. Would go back again
- Fresh and FlavorfulPhillyboyVIPDined on 8/5/2014Found this relatively new concept on OpenTable and took the staff for lunch. What a terrific find. The salads, sandwiches and veggie burgers all were flavorful, fresh and well prepared. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. Beverages include cold pressed juices, a wide variety of cold and hot teas, and a house made ginger ale. For those with a sweet tooth, they have a pastry chef and again, all fresh and really tasty. Finally, the price of the dishes is very reasonable. All in all, a little gem in the heart of downtown....enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 19 reviews are from the Local Table reviews archive.
- Delicious LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/30/2014We had a birthday lunch for a co worker and it was great. Food was delicious and they have the best cheesecake I have EVER had. Servers were nice and not a long wait for food.Special Features:
- Great Food at a Good PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/28/2014The atmosphere isn't much if you're looking for a more upscale feel, but definitely go for the food. Most people in our party didn't care about the atmosphere, but it was unanimous that they did like the food. I recommend the Halibut, but people had many items and all were praised. And the pricing is rather reasonable for the quality of the food prep and presentation. We found service a bit slow but not bad in the least - we were not in a hurry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014fresh ingredients and unusual flavor combinations, that are worth a try, even if sometimes clumsily executed.Special Features:
- Disgusting and Nasty FoodPalateDined on 7/24/2014The mussels with the prosciutto had a very unpleasant smell a disgusting taste over cook most of them were out of the shell. The hamachi taste nasty(3 to 4 slices). Mussels returned We order the Niman Ranch Pork Chop in cornmeal and the Packing District 80z filet biggest mistake we made. The pork chop has no taste, the filet had been drench in an over powering liquid smoke gave us a headache at this time we decided was time to leave. The manager had the odyssey to offer us dessert on the house, which we paid in the prefixes Dine LA Offers. We refuse our paid dessert. Eat at Your Own Risk, Not Professional Cooks. Don’t insult your followers with disgusting restaurants, this place is not even for “the darkness evil demons.”
- janeDined on 7/22/2014the food left a great fresh taste in my mouth. i would recommend this to everyone interested in healthy eats and great food.Special Features:
- LOCAL GEM AT LOCAL TABLEAvicadoDined on 7/22/2014Excellent offerings. Enjoyed the Cauliflower Steak Tiramisu fantastic! Everyone at our table was please, very please. This was a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SJmoxieDined on 7/21/2014Finally a place that does not over salt the food but still created amazing flavors! The halibut and filet were perfectly cooked and delicious. Vegetables were fresh and interesting also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014Friendly service, interesting sounding menus, complex ingredients that don't quite work
- decent at bestStevenDined on 7/19/2014came for dine la but the prefix menu lacked novelty and value. We ordered salmon and share a few appetizer/deserts. Disappointed to have been served cold potatoes on the entree along with cold refrigerated cupcakes. Quality of food was poor.
- Delicious, modern and elegantrednikkiDined on 7/18/2014Local Table focuses on fresh produce, something I hugely appreciate as a vegetarian! They combine ingredients in unexpected ways that truly bring out the vibrancy of what you're eating. I had a watermelon caprese (not anything I would EVER think of doing, but delicious), a cauliflower steak (who knew cauliflower could be that good?) and their tiramisu (to die for). The only downside: the timing of the dishes was a little off, and the server dropping off our food also had to clear the previous course. It was Restaurant Week and I wonder if they were a little more swamped than expected? At any rate, I will be back and I can't wait to try their brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local find!visitorDined on 7/11/2014Inventive menu where taste is just as remarkable as the selection. The service is very friendly and the place is both casual and elegant. Well done!Special Features:
- Great for Vegans!ahnooshVIPDined on 6/17/2014Love coming here. Their salads are amazing...just tell them you're a vegan and ask for no cheese. The food is fresh, beautifully presented, and delicious. I always photograph my plate because it's just so pretty. The servers are nice and very accomodating. I have never been disappointed with my selection.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my brunch at the Local Table. Perhaps they could expand the number of options on their menu. I was in a group of 5, many of whom found it difficult to find something on the menu that they were excited to eat. The service was great, the food was good, and I loved the bottomless mimosas. It's also great that they validate parking in an area where affordable parking is an issue.Special Features:
- Pretty Good Saturday Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I went for Saturday brunch with a friend and there weren't a lot of meat choices so I had steak and eggs which were marvelous! My friend had the french toast which was spectacular! I will have that the next time I go, but I have to have a side of bacon with it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/28/2014We were there for a conference and originally had a reservation for 12 ppl but only 4 arrived. The staff was very accomodating and the food was excellent and had a nice presentation. Both the owner and waitress were very pleasant. Would definitely return if we were in town again. The ambience is not formal but was comfortable for a get together with our co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Table gets it rightCLW1800Dined on 4/25/2014Had dinner here last Friday night. Crowd was a mix of hip DTLA locals and professionals still lingering from post-work cocktails. Started with a glass of red, a Malbec which was also biodynamic. - DTLA Paradise Salad, which consisted of mixed greens, fruit, walnuts, a house made vinaigrette. - Next was the Hamachi - which was plated very well and thankfully tasted as wonderful as it looked. Great balance of flavors with the pea puree and thai chillies! - We finished with the Chicken Breast, which had quinoa and roasted a baby carrots - cooked perfectly and the chicken was so juicy! Overall - impressed with what this little local restaurant could come up with, and anticipating another visit again soon - hopefully for brunch!Special Features:
- SO VERY DISAPPOINTINGRoadWarriorVIPDined on 4/8/2014This restaurant open across the street from my office. I ignored the one negative comment and booked a reservation. I should've listened instead. The waiter was friendly, but did not volunteer information. Although there was only 1 other couple there, (6pm), after ordering an appetizer he told us they just served the last one. The spicy shrimp app was overcooked and bland. Nonetheless we ordered our main meals. After studying the menu, my husband ordered 1 of the fish dishes; once again they were out. Why not tell us ahead of time what they were out of? The portions were small and unexciting. The waiter said they were about to change the menu; a new chef start two weeks ago. I don't plan to return to try their menu.
- growing painsDTLAresidentDined on 4/1/2014Local Table has the common hook of getting all their ingredients from local sources. Except for the turkey meatballs, fish and 3rd menu item (of their already-short menu) that they were out of. We walked in on a Tuesday night and were the only patrons there for most of our meai. This place may be nice - but there are definite growing pain that they need to solve before I would recommend it
- Great new find in DTLAlak1VIPDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I decided to try this restaurant before an early Kings game. We were not expecting anything other than good food but we had some fantastic food. The spicy shrimp were so good - the spring rolls were nice but the spicy shrimp was best. For a meal I had the stuffed chicken breast and quinoa - chicken was juicy and nicely flavored and I am not the biggest fan of quinoa but this was well seasoned and tasted good not dry and bland as I have had before. My husband had a lovely steak (KTown) and enjoyed it very much. Then came desert - we walked past the pastry case and chose two deserts (they were small) - a Key Lime tart and a chocolate chip cupcake - these are to die for. We were VERY pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.