Local Restaurant and Bar
55 North Cache St.
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Local Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.localjh.com/
- Phone: 3072011717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Bar Menu served 2:30pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Bradof and Paul Wireman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small private dinner parties to large events, please visit our catering & event tab on our website for more information regarding catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is available for seated dinners up to 30 or cocktail parties for 40. The view from the dining room overlooks the antler arches on Jackson’s Town Square.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Bradof 3072011717
A word from Local Restaurant and Bar
Local is a modern American steakhouse and bar located on Jackson’s historic Town Square. The menu features both classic and specialty cuts of locally ranched meats and wild game alongside fresh seafood and shellfish, custom house ground burgers and seasonally inspired food. Owned and operated by Chefs Will Bradof and Paul Wireman of Trio, An American Bistro, Local showcases their passion for in-house butchery, with a focus on dry aged steaks, house-made sausages, an extensive wine list and an abundance of locally sourced products. Local offers a casual and vibrant bar atmosphere with over 12 local beers on tap as well as a relaxed dining room with contemporary western design. Local is the perfect spot to grab a burger for lunch or drinks and dinner with friend, all while you sit and watch the action on the Town Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Local Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Local Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
103 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (38)vibrant bar scene (38)special occasion (37)hot spot (34)good for groups (24)romantic (22)notable wine list (17)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- The Local in Jackson WyomingHazemanDined on 9/24/2014If you want a top of the line meal in Jackson, Wyoming, then the Local Restaurant and Bar is the place to go. Bring your appetite, culinary experience, and a bucket of money - this place is not cheap, but it's GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rj4141Dined on 9/24/2014outstanding beef selections: quality, preparation and taste! excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon was deliciousNotAFoodieDined on 9/23/2014We enjoyed the Filet Mignons (8 oz cut which was seasoned and well prepared), House Salads, Idaho Potato and Cheddar Gratin and our glasses of Malbec. The service was courteous and prompt. We were visiting Jackson for the first time and didn't know The Local had multiple dining areas; when I made the reservation I had no way to know to request the quieter side of the restaurant. Therefore, the only negative to our dining experience was the noise level. We had to be seated in the dining area adjacent to the bar where the patrons were watching a sport event on TV and were quite loud. Conversation was virtually impossible. While the food and service were very good, the overall experience was less than we were expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Experience Very GoodPGA2065VIPDined on 9/23/2014We hadn't been back to Local in 2 years and found it now much busier than before - with good reason. The food was very well-prepared and tasty, the selection was ample and the service was very good, too. Local is now very high on our list of favorite Jackson restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicenjdianekDined on 9/22/2014We were able to make a reservation through OPen Table which meant we didn't need to wait to be seated. I had the pork shank with cheesy grits and a cherry chutney - it was absolutely delicious. Service was very professional and created a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Wild Game Pasta!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014The wild game pasta is the best I have had!! All the ingredients are fresh and it is an amazingly light dish yet very flavorful! I would definatly go back again just for this dishSpecial Features:
- food tastes goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014duck confit salad, bison burger, grilled trout all best of breed. noisy. lively.I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmdcDined on 9/18/2014Noise level so high unable to carry on a conversation without yellingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half and HalffromTexasDined on 9/13/2014Service was great on a very busy Saturday night on a very busy weekend in Jackson. Food was hit and miss. The appetizer and desert we selected to share were not good. The filets and three sides were very good. Again, service was great.
- Good foodLvmaryrnDined on 9/13/2014We have been here a few times and the food is good, and consistent. The steaks are aged and it is noticeable. Downside is the place is small and very noisy. This time we went with family, and the food was not practical for kids. We will be going back again, but will try other restaurants in the area. We definitely like the ambiance better in the slow season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in JacksonReeseDined on 9/13/2014Great service and wonderful food! Couldn't ask for a better view of the town square...the entire experience was quintessential Jackson Hole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriaDined on 9/3/2014Although we received the table we asked for, by the time we had our main course the noise level was so loud that we could hardly hear one another. The food was good and our waiter did a good job. One of the delights of dinner with friends is conversation...it was impossible.Special Features:
- Great sounding menu, poor executionAshleyDined on 9/2/2014Everything on the menu sounded great!! It was just okay once we got it. The server was extremely nice and provided good service. Just disappointed by the food unfortunately. Tried the elk, salmon, and a few sides and we're as than thrilled.Special Features:
- Local is extraordinarySophiefox1VIPDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I have dined at Local repeatedly and have found the food well prepared, fresh and delicious each time. Local holds the level of consistency very high. We love it.Special Features:
- Fabulous burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Totally wonderful burger and fries--worth Every calorie!! Pork shank first rate also! We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed opinionloraliVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent. However, we felt frustrated that the wait staff know nothing about their wine list. Restaurant needs to educate their staff. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- Eat more ElkTexasTwoDined on 8/26/2014The buffalo and Elk were wonderful to this Texas couple!
- Great In-town Restaurantfoodfor4Dined on 8/23/2014While on vacation in Jackson walked by Local and liked the look of it and it's menu. My husband enjoyed the Ribeye, my son the filet and I enjoyed the trout. One of our favorite side dishes was the creamed corn with bacon and chives.Special Features:
- First Time at the WYWolf53DvrDined on 8/21/2014Was attending a conference in Jackson Hole and needed to have a meal with clients. Hit OpenTable and found Local. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Initial reservation was for 4 people. It quickly grew to 12 and the restaurant didn't miss a beat. Although they were crowded, the team managed to get us all seated and we didn't experience any delays in getting service or our orders. The food was good but a bit overpriced (10% - 15%) for the quality but it is Jackson Hole… I would recommend to friends who find themselves in that far corner of Wyoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food noisy crowdSandervitreusDined on 8/19/2014My wife and really enjoyed the localy-sourced and finely prepared meal, it was really excellent.We were seated in the dining area very close to a loud group, and the are in general does not dampen sound, to the point where it was difficult to carry on a conversation in normal speaking voices, which was dissappointing and probably our only real gripe. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodWinter23Dined on 8/18/2014Local with its chic interior and notable wine list is a great place to go while visiting Jackson. It is good for large parties or a romantic evening. The food is delicious american with an artist presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good SteakhouseRemyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed the steak and one side. My companions also enjoyed their steaks. The price of the steaks was on the expensive side since they did not seem to be prime meat. The service was only adequate. The restaurant was very busy so we had to wait awhile despite a reservation. The noise level was more than I like. Overall, we enjoyed the experience, but I am not sure I would return.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014We were in the Tetons for vacation and drive into Jackson for dinner. We were thrilled with how good Local was for dinner and went back the next day for lunch on our way out of town. The only 2 downsides: the service staff was less than friendly (but sadly that seemed to be a theme in our Wyoming dining experience) and the lunch menu offered no vegitarian or seafood options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charchuterie and CheeseSophiefox1VIPDined on 8/13/2014WE had a lovely dinner at LOCAL. Started with great cocktails, and then in a very short time followed by Gorgeous Oysters Rockefeller. Main Course: Charchuterie we chose: Spicy Elk Sausage, Tuscan Salami, Pheasant Sausage paired with Sheep's Milk hard chees, and super Cheddar, and a soft Tome. WE love it all. Ended with a very sizable Caesar salad with a light touch with the dressing! That's the way I prefer it. All told it as a delicious and light dinner. Enjoyed by both my us. Jane Folgeman, a 40 year "local" in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Modern Spot with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Was surprisingly good for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. We had a wonderful meal and great wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatpestomomDined on 8/11/2014We went to Local 3 times in 2 days and LOVED every meal. With a fabulous assortment of duck and game, adventurous eaters will be very happy. There are also more standard offerings including one of the best burgers we've ever had. Services is friendly and helpful. While we weren't impressed by the drink list, the wine and beer offerings are enough to keep your thirst quenched. Will absolutely visit again and again. Kudos to the chef for delicious meals--it was hard to pick our favorite. Feel free to ask to sit away from families as they will accommodate you.Special Features:
- good service, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wanting a good trout dinner, it sounded promising, but was very disappointing. The trout was overcooked and overpowered by the spice rub. Sides were good but nothing to write home about, especially for the price.
- JjblomDined on 8/7/2014Good service from a friendly waitress. The food was good n wait time was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPDaddyDined on 8/4/2014Great food, oysters rockerfeller delicious, 32 oz dry aged ribeye was outstanding, peach crisp nice finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and overcookedGourmandVIPDined on 7/25/2014A steak house only needs to get one thing right : medium rare Medium is not medium rare. Food took too long waiting with kids . Many other steakhouses in jackson or grill your own . Prices should reflect a perfectly cooked steak not overdone .
- Upscale steakhouseLorimccarDined on 7/25/2014An newer, upscale steakhouse in Jackson Wyoming, but you can find great, more affordable steaks at legendary landmark locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014We are finishing our first week ever in Jackson, which has several very good restaurants. But Local has been the best. Nice, largely regional menu - great, knowledgeable service - and a very warm, and conversation-friendly atmosphere. Idaho trout and wild salmon dishes were very good. And the peach crisp was delicious.Special Features:
- Local continues to satisfyJHLocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been eating at Local since it first opened. It was good when it opened and has continually improved. The bar is great for burgers and cocktails. Restaurant is nice for a fine meal. Prices for entrees range from about $20-$40 for most entrees, and local and wild-game steaks that are up to $60. Nice assortment of inexpensive sides to accompany your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food… great serviceHiddenPawDined on 7/16/2014The buffalo tartare started our meal off right! Definitely something you can't get just anywhere and a must have for foodies. The filet mignon was perfectly cooked and one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The pork shank was fall off the bone incredible and the grits were a perfect pairing. The third dish at our table was the elk medallions. They were good, but not as huge of a hit as all of the other things. It was a unique taste… the coffee rub seemed like a good idea, but was a little overpowering. And not sure the huckleberry and sweet potato (or yam?) was the best combo. But overall, a very great night filled with great food. Also, both the hostess and our waiter were fantastic!Special Features:
- Good but not the bestGrapevineDined on 7/13/2014Local was good. My issue was having eaten in all, yes all the 4+ star restaurants in the area, Local did not match up. Elk was over done even though I asked for Chefs recommendation of medium rare. I will try again in case it was an off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Barrel-Aged Boulevardier!ChadsfDined on 7/13/2014We love Local- we live in JH seasonally & it's always the first, last (and lots in the middle) stops in and out of our stays. Burgers are amazing. Great fries. Great drinks, especially the house barrel-aged Boulevadiers (basically a Whisky Negroni), top-notch service (not the norm in JH!) and fantastic interior style- 'mountain modern' that we love. Sister restaurant to Trio, also one of our faves :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itJenngDined on 7/8/2014Everything was amazing. Service was attentive. Didn't have wine, but there was a good selection available.Special Features:
- IdafamDined on 7/1/2014Very accommodating; great service; excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAlexDined on 6/30/2014Great food and service. I would come here anytime I'm in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!SandyBDined on 6/30/2014After finding this restaurant on Open Table, we were excited to arrive. It is wonderfully located and is very vibrant upon arrival with a very friendly and accommodating staff. The food however, was not quite up to our expectations. Two of our party of four ordered the Idaho trout and while it was tasty, it was more than a bit overcooked and the balance of the food on the plate was just barely warm. That was the recurring comment from our entire party - the food was only just warm and not quite up to expectation.Special Features: