Local Restaurant and Bar
55 North Cache St.
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Local Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.localjh.com/
- Phone: (307) 201-1717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Bar Menu served 2:30pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Bradof and Paul Wireman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small private dinner parties to large events, please visit our catering & event tab on our website for more information regarding catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is available for seated dinners up to 30 or cocktail parties for 40. The view from the dining room overlooks the antler arches on Jackson’s Town Square.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Bradof 3072011717
A word from Local Restaurant and Bar
Local is a modern American steakhouse and bar located on Jackson’s historic Town Square. The menu features both classic and specialty cuts of locally ranched meats and wild game alongside fresh seafood and shellfish, custom house ground burgers and seasonally inspired food. Owned and operated by Chefs Will Bradof and Paul Wireman of Trio, An American Bistro, Local showcases their passion for in-house butchery, with a focus on dry aged steaks, house-made sausages, an extensive wine list and an abundance of locally sourced products. Local offers a casual and vibrant bar atmosphere with over 12 local beers on tap as well as a relaxed dining room with contemporary western design. Local is the perfect spot to grab a burger for lunch or drinks and dinner with friend, all while you sit and watch the action on the Town Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Local Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Local Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (58)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (30)special occasion (27)good for groups (25)great for lunch (18)romantic (15)notable wine list (14)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Eating out after a day at workGourmandDined on 11/21/2014Started with 1/2 price drinks in the bar. They didn't want us to sit at a table or booth as we were not going to order food in the bar. BUT we did! The drinks were excellent...Dinner - Oyster rockefeller for starters in the dining room were delicious...3 good size and one lost most of its topping for $12. We would order them again. Split a caesar salad and we appreciate them splitting it prior to serving. Pork Shank was delicious but the applesauce surrounding it had spices that overshadowed the apple flavor. Chicken was moist, tender and delicious. Panna Cotta for dessert would have looked great served in a glass instead of a cup...one of us thought it was fruity and light and a nice ending to the mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT STEAK! bad service...........MuffinVIPDined on 11/10/2014Its the off season! And with it comes two things every year; 2 for 1's & bad service. Lacal has one of the best steaks in Jackson. Unfortunately, Local doesn't offer the 2 for 1 discount if you order their steak. We had mushrooms, augratan potatoes and truffled mashed potatoes as side dishes, which are ala carte; 3 items for $12.00 doesn't exactly break the bank. Our server was pretty unfriendly. He almost acted like he was some kind of elitist. He was what a Ken doll would look like, were he human. So he's probably used to doing as little as possible and not getting into trouble for it. If you want a good steak, they've got it. But if you're concerned about service, just tell your host you'd prefer a female server, or someone really ugly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, blah serviceSushiLoveDined on 11/9/2014Food is phenomenal! But the waitress was lacking. Waitress acted like we were inconveniencing her by being there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tricky newspaper adFlashVIPDined on 11/4/2014The ad for 2 for 1 entrees did have a vague disclaimer about restrictions, but did not make any reference to steaks (your best stuff). We had good meals at 2 for 1 prices on other entrees. I'll call next time. Other restaurants in Jackson rarely do it this way.Special Features:
- LOVE IT!bkingDined on 10/26/2014The food was perfect, our server Lindsey was awesome and no complaints! The only exception...don't ask the server if you can have a different table, she cops a serious attitude which we shared with the manager. In spite of the hostess I would return again and again! It's an amazing restaurant with a great atmosphere and the best food!Special Features:
- Best place for steaks in JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/24/2014Our group of 4 started with tuna ceviche and the fries (tasty but nothing outstanding about either). We then had the ribeye for 2 with blue cheese sauce (perfectly done and flavorful), salmon filet (good but nothing unique) and the crispy pork shank with cheese grits and cherry chutney (highlight dinner of the evening). We live in Jackson and have been to Local many times but this is the first time for the pork shank and we would definitely order again. We asked for a table as far from the bar as possible since this popular watering hole is quite LOUD. Not conducive to a romantic evening out, but tolerable for dinner with friends. We have lots of excellent choices for dining in Jackson and Local is one of our choices for steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe GenevievesmoothiemeisterDined on 10/13/2014Nice cafe with outside seating in downtown Jackson. Good variety of food and drink Building is a historic cabinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place to go in Jackson Hole!KoreanderVIPDined on 10/11/2014When we told one of the local residents where we had dinner reservations for our 4-day stay in Jackson Hole, he couldn't believe that we didn't have Local on our list so we changed our reservations to include Local on our first night in JH. Best advice ever! Everything was perfect. The restaurant has a really nice vibe - upscale but warm and friendly. The food was delicious from the appetizers through dessert and our waitress was attentive, friendly and helpful. Wish we lived in Jackson Hole so we could eat at Local again (as well as for other reasons!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodLarrybDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food. Service was too slow. They gave us dessert when we pointed it out. I'd have given a better rating if the service had been responsive.Special Features:
- Wow. The food was superbMaggieVIPDined on 10/4/2014Too bad we found this restaurant towards the end of our trip. We were there on Friday night, and we had to eat here again on Saturday before coming back to NYC. The steaks were that good...! The value for them was spectacular especially when we have been paying NY prices for our steak meals.Special Features:
- IncredibleHongryMermaidDined on 9/30/2014From start to finish, one of the best meals I've ever experienced! Cocktails simply outstanding and innovative, wine list small but interesting, oysters and daily oyster shooter (today's choice: the Salty Dog) over the top. The various locally grown beef choices can be mixed and matched with savory sauces and imaginative sides. My husbands pork shank over white cheddar grits with a cherry chutney was simply incredible (have I already used that word?). Service was attentive, charming and not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate eveningCandaceDined on 9/27/2014The main issue with this restaurant is it lacks professional wait staff in our experience. The waiter barely spoke, made no effort to highlight the menu, not engaging at all. My niece found a large piece of hair in her food and clearly sent her plate back. She of course did not receive her meal until we were virtually finished with our meals. The waiter never checked back, never brought us a dessert menu, and more importantly did not offer any gesture to apologize for the hair in the food. Dessert, a cup of coffee or an after dinner drink. We could not wait to leave this place. What the server didn't get was we were there to check out the restaurant to see if my niece would like to hold her grooms dinner there. Over all the.Special Features:
- The Local in Jackson WyomingHazemanDined on 9/24/2014If you want a top of the line meal in Jackson, Wyoming, then the Local Restaurant and Bar is the place to go. Bring your appetite, culinary experience, and a bucket of money - this place is not cheap, but it's GOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rj4141Dined on 9/24/2014outstanding beef selections: quality, preparation and taste! excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filet Mignon was deliciousNotAFoodieDined on 9/23/2014We enjoyed the Filet Mignons (8 oz cut which was seasoned and well prepared), House Salads, Idaho Potato and Cheddar Gratin and our glasses of Malbec. The service was courteous and prompt. We were visiting Jackson for the first time and didn't know The Local had multiple dining areas; when I made the reservation I had no way to know to request the quieter side of the restaurant. Therefore, the only negative to our dining experience was the noise level. We had to be seated in the dining area adjacent to the bar where the patrons were watching a sport event on TV and were quite loud. Conversation was virtually impossible. While the food and service were very good, the overall experience was less than we were expecting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Experience Very GoodPGA2065VIPDined on 9/23/2014We hadn't been back to Local in 2 years and found it now much busier than before - with good reason. The food was very well-prepared and tasty, the selection was ample and the service was very good, too. Local is now very high on our list of favorite Jackson restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServicenjdianekDined on 9/22/2014We were able to make a reservation through OPen Table which meant we didn't need to wait to be seated. I had the pork shank with cheesy grits and a cherry chutney - it was absolutely delicious. Service was very professional and created a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Wild Game Pasta!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014The wild game pasta is the best I have had!! All the ingredients are fresh and it is an amazingly light dish yet very flavorful! I would definatly go back again just for this dishSpecial Features:
- food tastes goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014duck confit salad, bison burger, grilled trout all best of breed. noisy. lively.I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmdcDined on 9/18/2014Noise level so high unable to carry on a conversation without yellingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half and HalffromTexasDined on 9/13/2014Service was great on a very busy Saturday night on a very busy weekend in Jackson. Food was hit and miss. The appetizer and desert we selected to share were not good. The filets and three sides were very good. Again, service was great.
- Good foodLvmaryrnDined on 9/13/2014We have been here a few times and the food is good, and consistent. The steaks are aged and it is noticeable. Downside is the place is small and very noisy. This time we went with family, and the food was not practical for kids. We will be going back again, but will try other restaurants in the area. We definitely like the ambiance better in the slow season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in JacksonReeseDined on 9/13/2014Great service and wonderful food! Couldn't ask for a better view of the town square...the entire experience was quintessential Jackson Hole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GloriaDined on 9/3/2014Although we received the table we asked for, by the time we had our main course the noise level was so loud that we could hardly hear one another. The food was good and our waiter did a good job. One of the delights of dinner with friends is conversation...it was impossible.Special Features:
- Great sounding menu, poor executionAshleyDined on 9/2/2014Everything on the menu sounded great!! It was just okay once we got it. The server was extremely nice and provided good service. Just disappointed by the food unfortunately. Tried the elk, salmon, and a few sides and we're as than thrilled.Special Features:
- Local is extraordinarySophiefox1VIPDined on 9/2/2014My husband and I have dined at Local repeatedly and have found the food well prepared, fresh and delicious each time. Local holds the level of consistency very high. We love it.Special Features:
- Fabulous burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Totally wonderful burger and fries--worth Every calorie!! Pork shank first rate also! We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed opinionloraliVIPDined on 8/29/2014Food was excellent. However, we felt frustrated that the wait staff know nothing about their wine list. Restaurant needs to educate their staff. Otherwise a great experience.Special Features:
- Eat more ElkTexasTwoDined on 8/26/2014The buffalo and Elk were wonderful to this Texas couple!
- Great In-town Restaurantfoodfor4VIPDined on 8/23/2014While on vacation in Jackson walked by Local and liked the look of it and it's menu. My husband enjoyed the Ribeye, my son the filet and I enjoyed the trout. One of our favorite side dishes was the creamed corn with bacon and chives.Special Features:
- First Time at the WYWolf53DvrDined on 8/21/2014Was attending a conference in Jackson Hole and needed to have a meal with clients. Hit OpenTable and found Local. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Initial reservation was for 4 people. It quickly grew to 12 and the restaurant didn't miss a beat. Although they were crowded, the team managed to get us all seated and we didn't experience any delays in getting service or our orders. The food was good but a bit overpriced (10% - 15%) for the quality but it is Jackson Hole… I would recommend to friends who find themselves in that far corner of Wyoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food noisy crowdSandervitreusDined on 8/19/2014My wife and really enjoyed the localy-sourced and finely prepared meal, it was really excellent.We were seated in the dining area very close to a loud group, and the are in general does not dampen sound, to the point where it was difficult to carry on a conversation in normal speaking voices, which was dissappointing and probably our only real gripe. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodWinter23Dined on 8/18/2014Local with its chic interior and notable wine list is a great place to go while visiting Jackson. It is good for large parties or a romantic evening. The food is delicious american with an artist presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good SteakhouseRemyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed the steak and one side. My companions also enjoyed their steaks. The price of the steaks was on the expensive side since they did not seem to be prime meat. The service was only adequate. The restaurant was very busy so we had to wait awhile despite a reservation. The noise level was more than I like. Overall, we enjoyed the experience, but I am not sure I would return.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014We were in the Tetons for vacation and drive into Jackson for dinner. We were thrilled with how good Local was for dinner and went back the next day for lunch on our way out of town. The only 2 downsides: the service staff was less than friendly (but sadly that seemed to be a theme in our Wyoming dining experience) and the lunch menu offered no vegitarian or seafood options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charchuterie and CheeseSophiefox1VIPDined on 8/13/2014WE had a lovely dinner at LOCAL. Started with great cocktails, and then in a very short time followed by Gorgeous Oysters Rockefeller. Main Course: Charchuterie we chose: Spicy Elk Sausage, Tuscan Salami, Pheasant Sausage paired with Sheep's Milk hard chees, and super Cheddar, and a soft Tome. WE love it all. Ended with a very sizable Caesar salad with a light touch with the dressing! That's the way I prefer it. All told it as a delicious and light dinner. Enjoyed by both my us. Jane Folgeman, a 40 year "local" in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Modern Spot with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Was surprisingly good for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. We had a wonderful meal and great wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatpestomomDined on 8/11/2014We went to Local 3 times in 2 days and LOVED every meal. With a fabulous assortment of duck and game, adventurous eaters will be very happy. There are also more standard offerings including one of the best burgers we've ever had. Services is friendly and helpful. While we weren't impressed by the drink list, the wine and beer offerings are enough to keep your thirst quenched. Will absolutely visit again and again. Kudos to the chef for delicious meals--it was hard to pick our favorite. Feel free to ask to sit away from families as they will accommodate you.Special Features:
- good service, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wanting a good trout dinner, it sounded promising, but was very disappointing. The trout was overcooked and overpowered by the spice rub. Sides were good but nothing to write home about, especially for the price.
- JjblomDined on 8/7/2014Good service from a friendly waitress. The food was good n wait time was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.