Local Restaurant and Bar
55 North Cache St.
Jackson Hole, WY 83001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Local Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.localjh.com/
- Phone: 3072011717
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 - 2:30pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Bar Menu served 2:30pm to close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Bradof and Paul Wireman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small private dinner parties to large events, please visit our catering & event tab on our website for more information regarding catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room is available for seated dinners up to 30 or cocktail parties for 40. The view from the dining room overlooks the antler arches on Jackson’s Town Square.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Bradof 3072011717
A word from Local Restaurant and Bar
Local is a modern American steakhouse and bar located on Jackson’s historic Town Square. The menu features both classic and specialty cuts of locally ranched meats and wild game alongside fresh seafood and shellfish, custom house ground burgers and seasonally inspired food. Owned and operated by Chefs Will Bradof and Paul Wireman of Trio, An American Bistro, Local showcases their passion for in-house butchery, with a focus on dry aged steaks, house-made sausages, an extensive wine list and an abundance of locally sourced products. Local offers a casual and vibrant bar atmosphere with over 12 local beers on tap as well as a relaxed dining room with contemporary western design. Local is the perfect spot to grab a burger for lunch or drinks and dinner with friend, all while you sit and watch the action on the Town Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Local Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Jackson ›
Local Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (50)special occasion (31)vibrant bar scene (31)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (29)good for groups (19)romantic (18)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Totally wonderful burger and fries--worth Every calorie!! Pork shank first rate also! We would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great In-town RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014While on vacation in Jackson walked by Local and liked the look of it and it's menu. My husband enjoyed the Ribeye, my son the filet and I enjoyed the trout. One of our favorite side dishes was the creamed corn with bacon and chives.Special Features:
- First Time at the WYWolf53DvrDined on 8/21/2014Was attending a conference in Jackson Hole and needed to have a meal with clients. Hit OpenTable and found Local. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Initial reservation was for 4 people. It quickly grew to 12 and the restaurant didn't miss a beat. Although they were crowded, the team managed to get us all seated and we didn't experience any delays in getting service or our orders. The food was good but a bit overpriced (10% - 15%) for the quality but it is Jackson Hole… I would recommend to friends who find themselves in that far corner of Wyoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food noisy crowdSandervitreusDined on 8/19/2014My wife and really enjoyed the localy-sourced and finely prepared meal, it was really excellent.We were seated in the dining area very close to a loud group, and the are in general does not dampen sound, to the point where it was difficult to carry on a conversation in normal speaking voices, which was dissappointing and probably our only real gripe. Service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodWinter23Dined on 8/18/2014Local with its chic interior and notable wine list is a great place to go while visiting Jackson. It is good for large parties or a romantic evening. The food is delicious american with an artist presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good SteakhouseRemyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I enjoyed the steak and one side. My companions also enjoyed their steaks. The price of the steaks was on the expensive side since they did not seem to be prime meat. The service was only adequate. The restaurant was very busy so we had to wait awhile despite a reservation. The noise level was more than I like. Overall, we enjoyed the experience, but I am not sure I would return.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014We were in the Tetons for vacation and drive into Jackson for dinner. We were thrilled with how good Local was for dinner and went back the next day for lunch on our way out of town. The only 2 downsides: the service staff was less than friendly (but sadly that seemed to be a theme in our Wyoming dining experience) and the lunch menu offered no vegitarian or seafood options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charchuterie and CheeseSophiefox1VIPDined on 8/13/2014WE had a lovely dinner at LOCAL. Started with great cocktails, and then in a very short time followed by Gorgeous Oysters Rockefeller. Main Course: Charchuterie we chose: Spicy Elk Sausage, Tuscan Salami, Pheasant Sausage paired with Sheep's Milk hard chees, and super Cheddar, and a soft Tome. WE love it all. Ended with a very sizable Caesar salad with a light touch with the dressing! That's the way I prefer it. All told it as a delicious and light dinner. Enjoyed by both my us. Jane Folgeman, a 40 year "local" in Jackson Hole.Special Features:
- Modern Spot with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Was surprisingly good for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. We had a wonderful meal and great wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatpestomomDined on 8/11/2014We went to Local 3 times in 2 days and LOVED every meal. With a fabulous assortment of duck and game, adventurous eaters will be very happy. There are also more standard offerings including one of the best burgers we've ever had. Services is friendly and helpful. While we weren't impressed by the drink list, the wine and beer offerings are enough to keep your thirst quenched. Will absolutely visit again and again. Kudos to the chef for delicious meals--it was hard to pick our favorite. Feel free to ask to sit away from families as they will accommodate you.Special Features:
- good service, mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Wanting a good trout dinner, it sounded promising, but was very disappointing. The trout was overcooked and overpowered by the spice rub. Sides were good but nothing to write home about, especially for the price.
- JjblomDined on 8/7/2014Good service from a friendly waitress. The food was good n wait time was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPDaddyDined on 8/4/2014Great food, oysters rockerfeller delicious, 32 oz dry aged ribeye was outstanding, peach crisp nice finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and overcookedGourmandVIPDined on 7/25/2014A steak house only needs to get one thing right : medium rare Medium is not medium rare. Food took too long waiting with kids . Many other steakhouses in jackson or grill your own . Prices should reflect a perfectly cooked steak not overdone .
- Upscale steakhouseLorimccarDined on 7/25/2014An newer, upscale steakhouse in Jackson Wyoming, but you can find great, more affordable steaks at legendary landmark locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/22/2014We are finishing our first week ever in Jackson, which has several very good restaurants. But Local has been the best. Nice, largely regional menu - great, knowledgeable service - and a very warm, and conversation-friendly atmosphere. Idaho trout and wild salmon dishes were very good. And the peach crisp was delicious.Special Features:
- Local continues to satisfyJHLocalVIPDined on 7/18/2014We've been eating at Local since it first opened. It was good when it opened and has continually improved. The bar is great for burgers and cocktails. Restaurant is nice for a fine meal. Prices for entrees range from about $20-$40 for most entrees, and local and wild-game steaks that are up to $60. Nice assortment of inexpensive sides to accompany your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food… great serviceHiddenPawDined on 7/16/2014The buffalo tartare started our meal off right! Definitely something you can't get just anywhere and a must have for foodies. The filet mignon was perfectly cooked and one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. The pork shank was fall off the bone incredible and the grits were a perfect pairing. The third dish at our table was the elk medallions. They were good, but not as huge of a hit as all of the other things. It was a unique taste… the coffee rub seemed like a good idea, but was a little overpowering. And not sure the huckleberry and sweet potato (or yam?) was the best combo. But overall, a very great night filled with great food. Also, both the hostess and our waiter were fantastic!Special Features:
- Good but not the bestGrapevineDined on 7/13/2014Local was good. My issue was having eaten in all, yes all the 4+ star restaurants in the area, Local did not match up. Elk was over done even though I asked for Chefs recommendation of medium rare. I will try again in case it was an off nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Barrel-Aged Boulevardier!ChadsfDined on 7/13/2014We love Local- we live in JH seasonally & it's always the first, last (and lots in the middle) stops in and out of our stays. Burgers are amazing. Great fries. Great drinks, especially the house barrel-aged Boulevadiers (basically a Whisky Negroni), top-notch service (not the norm in JH!) and fantastic interior style- 'mountain modern' that we love. Sister restaurant to Trio, also one of our faves :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itJenngDined on 7/8/2014Everything was amazing. Service was attentive. Didn't have wine, but there was a good selection available.Special Features:
- IdafamDined on 7/1/2014Very accommodating; great service; excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingAlexDined on 6/30/2014Great food and service. I would come here anytime I'm in Jackson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!SandyBDined on 6/30/2014After finding this restaurant on Open Table, we were excited to arrive. It is wonderfully located and is very vibrant upon arrival with a very friendly and accommodating staff. The food however, was not quite up to our expectations. Two of our party of four ordered the Idaho trout and while it was tasty, it was more than a bit overcooked and the balance of the food on the plate was just barely warm. That was the recurring comment from our entire party - the food was only just warm and not quite up to expectation.Special Features:
- A good choice for Jackson HoleRitaVIPDined on 6/29/2014We met a friend here for an impromptu dinner. The food was quite good and the waiter was very responsive.Special Features:
- From MontanaMontanaTravelerDined on 6/26/2014Great food, menu was very original. Price was right for the location and the great food. Waiter and Staff were super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You won't be sorryscb399VIPDined on 6/23/2014This is an amazing restaurant. The ambiance, the unpretentious staff, the inspired beverages, and of course, the ah-maz-ing food. My duck confit salad was perfectly cooked, perfectly seasoned, and perfectly fresh. My husband's elk filet was also completely amazing with the super-fine coffee 'dust'. We sat at the bar actually, because the vibe was even more laid back and we were taken care of completely by the knowledgeable and attentive bar tending staff.Special Features:
- Best Dinner in Jackson HoleSocialFanVIPDined on 6/21/2014Food is outstanding, the buffalo tartar was great as well as the large portion of Elk Medallions. The cashew bark in the chocolate tasting dessert is the best ever. Comfortable atmosphere, wonderful presentation of food, server answered all of our questions and was great. Would definitely come backSpecial Features:
- Local LocalricwigVIPDined on 6/20/2014My wife and I were looking for a great food restaurant devoid of the cowboy clichés and actually have a great local meal. We found it in the Local. It was very good. Both Carol and I had the Elk and it was wonderful. The wine list was good. Try it you will like it.Special Features:
- Tourist Place for sureCSLODined on 6/19/2014It was "okay" not great. The food all seemed previously frozen, nothing fresh. They turn those tables over fast!Special Features:
- Great Find!RNurse13Dined on 6/18/2014For steak enthusiasts, the 32oz Dry-Aged grass fed Ribeye is a must try. They may have six different steak sauces to compliment the meal, but you don't need the condiments as the cut is very flavorful alone. But if beef's not your gig, definitely get the Pork Shank. Not a big fan of swine, but very comparable to a well-known Filipino dish ("crispy pata"). As for families, I highly recommend making reservations. Dining area was already full by 6pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burgerbosdinerDined on 6/17/2014Burger was expensive, but probably the best I ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst restaurant experience ever!GDTRDined on 6/7/2014We really never complain but our entrees were cold. Our server gracefully took our meals back to the kitchen. Ten minutes later a different server brought our food back to us reheated...a steak, cut, reheated and returned to us. The trout reheated was DRY!!! We sent the food back again asking politely for new entrees and to speak to a manager. When she finally came to our table she was confrontational, rude and extremely defensive. She called us rude and basically liars. She said we had offended her and her kitchen staff and that she is the owner. The Chef came out and asked "how do you like your re-plate?" Seriously, we have never been treated like this before.
- Love it!!yesmanDined on 5/11/2014Lauren was especially nice to us!! The vegetable sides were outstanding!!! Loved the Caramel De Pot too!! Like looking out into the square too. KJSpecial Features:
- Awesome Food!CodyDined on 5/10/2014Local is relatively new to town. It is a bit pricey, but then again, not much more than most places. The food and service is awesome! Been there twice now and can't wait to go back next time the budget permits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow....421976VIPDined on 5/8/2014We've been to Local several times and loved it. A friend recommended that we sit in the bar. We did and we will not do it again. The high noise level came and went as groups arrived which we noticed because it took an hour to get our dinner. Patrons at the bar were served in 10 - 15 minutes-we watched them come and go. As always, the food was great. We will return but not to the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 168 reviews are from the Local Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- Classy PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014We ate here for an early dinner and happy hour. I highly recommend the burger. Oh my gosh, it is good. Make sure you mention any deals you are wanting to use when you order. We went there because they had BOGO on entrees during the off-season and were told after being charged for both entrees that we were supposed to mention it before-hand. They still honored it, so that was a plus. This is a great place for a date night. It is quiet and has a very romantic feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in the center of JacksonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014We visited Local because they were offering an off season discount. The restaurant was busy but we found it easy to get a last minute reservation. The food was very good and I appreciate the vegetarian option on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Lovers ParadiseSteakgirlDined on 3/25/2014What can you say about a place that has mastered the art of cooking steak - or anything on their menu for that matter. We have tried steaks and game at every restaurant in Jackson that claims to be a "steak house," and all have failed in comparison to the meals we have loved while dining at LOCAL. Although a bit spendy, at the end of your meal, you are left with the feeling that it was well worth every penny. After many expensive, disappointing and some embarrassing meals at other upscale restaurants in Jackson, LOCAL is now the only fine dining restaurant we will take our guests. Now if we could just find an Italian restaurant that is half as good as LOCAL, our search for food heaven would be complete! Thanks again LOCAL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Jackson mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2014Food was delicious. Definitely get the pork belly wedge salad. Tim the server was awesome. Elk medallions were very good but I think the braised short rib was better. Great place overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.