Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
330 First Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sf-local.com/
- Phone: (415) 777-4200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: LUNCH 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: HAPPY HOUR 4:00-6:30
Sunday - Tuesday: DINNER 5:30-10:00
Wednesday- Saturday OPEN UNTIL 11:00
BRUNCH Every Saturday & Sunday 10:00-2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Happy hour now at Local...4pm to 6pm Monday through Saturday - that's right-Saturday!!
- Cross Street: Folsom Street
- Public Transit: Accessible by all major Muni lines and BART. Close to the 80 freeway onramp.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking on Folsom Street and 1st Street. Free parking after 6pm. One hour residential permit parking on Guy Street and Lansing Street.
A word from Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant is in Rincon Hill serving pizzas from the wood-burning oven, savory selections from the rotisserie and fresh house-made pastas. Our style is Urban Rustic comfort food. We use organic and local ingredients while offering a global yet approachable wine selection. Our dining room serves Lunch: Monday-Friday, Dinner: Monday-Sunday. Brunch Saturday/Sunday 10:00-2:30 Sunday night is 1/2 price pizza night.Continued
Happy Hour: 4pm to 6:30pm Monday through Friday!
Happy Hour: 4pm to 6:30pm Monday through Friday!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (30)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (15)romantic (13)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Foodie618Dined on 11/23/2014good place for group to try out new approach to staple dishes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious food, ordered tapas styleburrataVIPDined on 11/16/2014We were a group of 7, ordered many small plates and two bottles of great wine, the food is outstanding, very nice server Lizz, and affordable. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but loudSabineDined on 11/7/2014Restaurant and food are nice but it is really loud and hard to carry a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/5/2014I've tried several of the specials and they were all yummy!!Special Features:
- brunch was okayFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014My potatoes had too much spice and I could not eat it. My bacon was undercooked.Special Features:
- Love this spot!MKB63VIPDined on 10/29/2014Enjoyed dinner at Local Kitchen for the first time with a friend from out of town. It was the night of Game 7 of the World Series, so the place was hopping and LOUD! But seated at the counter in front of the kitchen, we had super great service and the food was excellent. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- disappointed with new menushorafDined on 10/28/2014I discovered this place a couple months ago on a first date.. just picked it randomly, and it ended up being a lovely place with great food, while not busy! After that, I had came back a couple more times. This time though, my sister was visiting and I brought her and my gf thinking it is going to be the same exact great food (I used to love the scallops with lentils and I wanted to try the steak that night) but the menu DID change, and it was mostly downgraded. (I just checked online and it has not been updated either) The food was still decent (aside from the weird smelling mussels that I had to return) Dessert was great though. But overall, I personally would not return since I know the food is not what I loved about this place initiallySpecial Features:
- great foodelsalilliVIPDined on 10/22/2014love the food and the service. The buratta, Brussel Sprouts and all the pizza's are fabulous. The only down fall is that it is noisy, so if you want to be able to have a quiet conversation, this isn't the place...but otherwise great. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food better than everEastsiderDined on 10/21/2014I've been here before, the food has improved. The pizzas (esp mushroom) were better than before, the house salad still terrific, a couple of new delicious appetizers, including the short ribs, and the afigato ice cream dessert was excellent. Portions are very generous. Good selection of wines by glass. Bill was very reasonable. Staff was very very professional and attentive- excellent front desk, wait staff, and assitant staff. The baseball game was on- so naturally noisy-but this is a noisy restuarant in general- high energy for sure- so just not a relaxed dining experience- but fun bar scene -otherwise I would have given 5s across the board. It was nice to see that the food here is better than ever.Special Features:
- Second time in 1 weekDcieslak59Dined on 10/21/2014Loved it so much I had to come back. Food was off the charts and service was amazing. What a find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too loudgeewhizVIPDined on 10/20/2014The food here is consistently good with inventive touches and the wait staff are all terrific. However, the music is too loud given the acoustics in the place so that makes it hard to talk over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJb63VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our local go to restaurant. Brussels sprouts are off the charts and We always get the chicken and have never been disappointed. Pizzas are delicious and fresh and are the perfect size. We mostly go with a couple people so that we can share plates. It's the best way to go because you will want a bite of whatever is on the table :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014Loved the food! Delicious pizza, salad, yummy brussels sprouts and creme brulee cheesecake! I would come back to try the rest of the menu:) We were sitting super close to the kitchen and it got noisy and at times disrupting to our conversation,Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/23/2014So glad that this is across the street from my apartment!Special Features:
- It's LocalChargoldDined on 9/20/2014We walk by daily since we moved here a month ago and decided to give it a try. Sorry we waited, but so happy that we gave it a try. The restaurant is small and well designed. You can sit at a group table, small table or sit at the counter in front of the kitchen. The menu was interesting and we tried several small plates and were impressed with them all. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. It is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Loved it will be there again soonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014We had many dishes that we shared and so enjoyed each tasty dish. The service was wonderful/food is very special and we even had the luxury to be seated in the private dining room for my daughters 17th Birthday! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food, Bad Happy Hour PolicyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014We had a great time at the Local Kitchen and the food was excellent! However, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with their bar policy. A group of us left work earlier for their happy hour. When we tried to order our drinks at the table, we were told that happy hour drinks/appetizers were for the bar and counter only. The bar and counter area is rather small (~6 seats). We arrived fairly early (around 5pm) and only 1 seat was available at the bar and there were 3 of us. As you can imagine, we were not too happy about that. I would rate them a higher score if it weren't for their happy hour policy.Special Features:
- Great place to visit with friendsDaveyRVIPDined on 9/7/2014This urban neighborhood gem has a well thought out wine list, good food, and attentive and friendly but not rushed service. Their pizza was a highlight of the evening as was the short ribs app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh.MonsieurBongout1Dined on 8/25/2014interesting cavelike atmosphere but food and service unimpressive tho passable.
- Nice Neighborhood SpotKatyVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Local, and we will definitely return. The ambience is soothing, and the staff is very friendly. John, the bartender, was especially warm. We ended up eating at the bar and would probably do so again. The heirloom tomato salads were the stars of our meals. My partner's pasta was also good as was my chicken. It's nice having a reasonably priced restaurant so close to home.Special Features:
- SusieZVIPDined on 8/17/2014The good - easy street parking, open fairly early. The bad - chipped cup, beverages arrived at different times, cream came after coffee was cold, had to request spoon. Refills not forthcoming. Pancakes needed salt in batter, orange flavor missing. Overall mediocre.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceCitrusgrowerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a was a great find. It was recommended by a friend and lived up to my expectations. Our eyes were definitely bigger than our stomach but we seemed to finish everything put in front of us. The cocktails were also amazing. My date had a great citrus Cosmo and I had a vodka on the rocks made with Corbin Sweet Potato Vodka. I will frequent this new treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service with foodto matchDaveyRVIPDined on 8/10/2014Attentive friendly service, nice varied wine list, our entrees were cooked perfectly; save room for the chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkSfgirlDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great except for the fact that we had to wait 45 minutes after our reservation to get our table. There were 3 other birthday parties of people that weren't leaving their tables so instead of asking them to leave they made us an hour later. Would return, but not with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, amazing fungi pizzaWineandDineOaktownDined on 8/5/2014The food was very good. Was a little surprised with the Burratta being flavored with a spicy oil (I have always had it with sweet balsamic), but the fungi pizza was amazing. The noise level, however, is a real challenge. Even with a 6:30 seating time, by the time the main course came, you can't carry on a conversation with the person next to you without yelling.
- Local Brilliant Food and ServiceJBJBDined on 7/30/2014The evening could have been a disaster. I booked a business dinner for five but the reservation only reflected two. The hostess on a very busy night found seats for us to wait, gave us a complimentary drink and fries and treated us not as a problem but with sincere concern and desire to keep us happy. We were seated and the experience with both the food and service continued to be excellent. I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 591 reviews are from the Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant reviews archive.
- great place for food w/ friendsMarkVIPDined on 7/20/2014large communal tables; great service or small 2-tops for date night my wife and I live around the corner - this is our go-to spot in SOMASpecial Features:
- Another great dining experiencegoodydineVIPDined on 7/17/2014And a great wine list. Have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- JLauDined on 7/16/2014Food is always great. Brussel sprouts and truffle fries are must haves. My first Fungi pizza was burnt and they remade it immediately. Took some time, but it was worth the wait!Special Features:
- A Costly LunchAOKAYDined on 7/11/2014Pros - The food and the wait staff were outstanding. Cons - The hostess was rude, lunch was overpriced and we received an unpleasant surprise at the end of our meal: A 4% surcharge was added to our already-expensive check "to meet San Francisco mandates."
- LarryLarryDined on 7/2/2014The food was great, especially the special: steck sandwich with blue cheeses and caramelized onions. And, of course, a heap of fries! Our waiter made a wonderful recommendation.Special Features:
- Returning DinersJanButlerVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been to Local several times but this last visit was the best. Their bolognese was wonderful! The pasta was velvety smooth and the sauce was a traditional sauce with ca hint of heat. Pork chop was extremely moist, which is difficult from my experience. Wait staff was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- San Francisco Must Do!SF2DenverDined on 6/18/2014I have been coming here for years when I am in SF....and I love it! The food is great, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the wine selection is always outstanding. And with rare exception, the service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left HungryInExileVIPDined on 6/16/2014Their meat order had not arrived by lunchtime, so the choice of entres was quite limited. Left hungry.
- Service was lackingFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014We waited for too long to be attended to by a server. Then our order was also delayed. The host comped our first glass of wine and apologized.
- excellent as always!ThomasMurrayJrDined on 6/13/2014A neighborhood favorite of mine. Food is great, service excellent, and highly recommended to anyone who is looking to stay away from the tourist traps. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soTolly666Dined on 6/12/2014Average food at above average prices. Greasy pizza
- Very tasty!tryingfoodsinSFDined on 6/11/2014Went here with a group of 7 for a business dinner and were so pleasantly surprised. Food was really impressive. Drinks were good but most were pretty sweet. Really looking forward to eating the leftovers for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodLuLuDined on 5/30/2014Portions more than ample; Nice variety of lunch specials; The Best Truffle Salt fries in the bay area; Really good soup - Black Bean; Gorgeous salads; Service is improving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!FolsomFoodieDined on 5/24/2014The food and service is always reliable and above average!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.