Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
330 First Street
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sf-local.com/
- Phone: 4157774200x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: LUNCH 11:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday: HAPPY HOUR 4:00-6:30
Sunday - Tuesday: DINNER 5:30-10:00
Wednesday- Saturday OPEN UNTIL 11:00
BRUNCH Every Saturday & Sunday 10:00-2:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Californian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Happy hour now at Local...4pm to 6pm Monday through Saturday - that's right-Saturday!!
- Cross Street: Folsom Street
- Public Transit: Accessible by all major Muni lines and BART. Close to the 80 freeway onramp.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking on Folsom Street and 1st Street. Free parking after 6pm. One hour residential permit parking on Guy Street and Lansing Street.
A word from Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant is in Rincon Hill serving pizzas from the wood-burning oven, savory selections from the rotisserie and fresh house-made pastas. Our style is Urban Rustic comfort food. We use organic and local ingredients while offering a global yet approachable wine selection. Our dining room serves Lunch: Monday-Friday, Dinner: Monday-Sunday. Brunch Saturday/Sunday 10:00-2:30 Sunday night is 1/2 price pizza night.Continued
Happy Hour: 4pm to 6:30pm Monday through Friday!
Happy Hour: 4pm to 6:30pm Monday through Friday!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (24)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)romantic (13)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our local go to restaurant. Brussels sprouts are off the charts and We always get the chicken and have never been disappointed. Pizzas are delicious and fresh and are the perfect size. We mostly go with a couple people so that we can share plates. It's the best way to go because you will want a bite of whatever is on the table :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014Loved the food! Delicious pizza, salad, yummy brussels sprouts and creme brulee cheesecake! I would come back to try the rest of the menu:) We were sitting super close to the kitchen and it got noisy and at times disrupting to our conversation,Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/23/2014So glad that this is across the street from my apartment!Special Features:
- It's LocalChargoldDined on 9/20/2014We walk by daily since we moved here a month ago and decided to give it a try. Sorry we waited, but so happy that we gave it a try. The restaurant is small and well designed. You can sit at a group table, small table or sit at the counter in front of the kitchen. The menu was interesting and we tried several small plates and were impressed with them all. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. It is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Loved it will be there again soonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014We had many dishes that we shared and so enjoyed each tasty dish. The service was wonderful/food is very special and we even had the luxury to be seated in the private dining room for my daughters 17th Birthday! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Food, Bad Happy Hour PolicyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/10/2014We had a great time at the Local Kitchen and the food was excellent! However, I have to say that I was a bit disappointed with their bar policy. A group of us left work earlier for their happy hour. When we tried to order our drinks at the table, we were told that happy hour drinks/appetizers were for the bar and counter only. The bar and counter area is rather small (~6 seats). We arrived fairly early (around 5pm) and only 1 seat was available at the bar and there were 3 of us. As you can imagine, we were not too happy about that. I would rate them a higher score if it weren't for their happy hour policy.Special Features:
- Great place to visit with friendsDaveyRVIPDined on 9/7/2014This urban neighborhood gem has a well thought out wine list, good food, and attentive and friendly but not rushed service. Their pizza was a highlight of the evening as was the short ribs app.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh.MonsieurBongout1Dined on 8/25/2014interesting cavelike atmosphere but food and service unimpressive tho passable.
- Nice Neighborhood SpotKatyVIPDined on 8/24/2014This was our first time at Local, and we will definitely return. The ambience is soothing, and the staff is very friendly. John, the bartender, was especially warm. We ended up eating at the bar and would probably do so again. The heirloom tomato salads were the stars of our meals. My partner's pasta was also good as was my chicken. It's nice having a reasonably priced restaurant so close to home.Special Features:
- SusieZVIPDined on 8/17/2014The good - easy street parking, open fairly early. The bad - chipped cup, beverages arrived at different times, cream came after coffee was cold, had to request spoon. Refills not forthcoming. Pancakes needed salt in batter, orange flavor missing. Overall mediocre.Special Features:
- Love this PlaceCitrusgrowerVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a was a great find. It was recommended by a friend and lived up to my expectations. Our eyes were definitely bigger than our stomach but we seemed to finish everything put in front of us. The cocktails were also amazing. My date had a great citrus Cosmo and I had a vodka on the rocks made with Corbin Sweet Potato Vodka. I will frequent this new treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service with foodto matchDaveyRVIPDined on 8/10/2014Attentive friendly service, nice varied wine list, our entrees were cooked perfectly; save room for the chocolate dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkSfgirlDined on 8/9/2014Everything was great except for the fact that we had to wait 45 minutes after our reservation to get our table. There were 3 other birthday parties of people that weren't leaving their tables so instead of asking them to leave they made us an hour later. Would return, but not with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, amazing fungi pizzaWineandDineOaktownDined on 8/5/2014The food was very good. Was a little surprised with the Burratta being flavored with a spicy oil (I have always had it with sweet balsamic), but the fungi pizza was amazing. The noise level, however, is a real challenge. Even with a 6:30 seating time, by the time the main course came, you can't carry on a conversation with the person next to you without yelling.
- Local Brilliant Food and ServiceJBJBDined on 7/30/2014The evening could have been a disaster. I booked a business dinner for five but the reservation only reflected two. The hostess on a very busy night found seats for us to wait, gave us a complimentary drink and fries and treated us not as a problem but with sincere concern and desire to keep us happy. We were seated and the experience with both the food and service continued to be excellent. I highly recommend the restaurant.Special Features:
- great place for food w/ friendsMarkVIPDined on 7/20/2014large communal tables; great service or small 2-tops for date night my wife and I live around the corner - this is our go-to spot in SOMASpecial Features:
- Another great dining experiencegoodydineDined on 7/17/2014And a great wine list. Have never been disappointed here.Special Features:
- JLauDined on 7/16/2014Food is always great. Brussel sprouts and truffle fries are must haves. My first Fungi pizza was burnt and they remade it immediately. Took some time, but it was worth the wait!Special Features:
- A Costly LunchAOKAYDined on 7/11/2014Pros - The food and the wait staff were outstanding. Cons - The hostess was rude, lunch was overpriced and we received an unpleasant surprise at the end of our meal: A 4% surcharge was added to our already-expensive check "to meet San Francisco mandates."
- LarryLarryDined on 7/2/2014The food was great, especially the special: steck sandwich with blue cheeses and caramelized onions. And, of course, a heap of fries! Our waiter made a wonderful recommendation.Special Features:
- Returning DinersJanButlerVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been to Local several times but this last visit was the best. Their bolognese was wonderful! The pasta was velvety smooth and the sauce was a traditional sauce with ca hint of heat. Pork chop was extremely moist, which is difficult from my experience. Wait staff was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- The following 585 reviews are from the Local Kitchen & Wine Merchant reviews archive.
- San Francisco Must Do!SF2DenverDined on 6/18/2014I have been coming here for years when I am in SF....and I love it! The food is great, the atmosphere is relaxed, and the wine selection is always outstanding. And with rare exception, the service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Left HungryInExileVIPDined on 6/16/2014Their meat order had not arrived by lunchtime, so the choice of entres was quite limited. Left hungry.
- Service was lackingFoodieVIPDined on 6/13/2014We waited for too long to be attended to by a server. Then our order was also delayed. The host comped our first glass of wine and apologized.
- excellent as always!ThomasMurrayJrDined on 6/13/2014A neighborhood favorite of mine. Food is great, service excellent, and highly recommended to anyone who is looking to stay away from the tourist traps. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soTolly666Dined on 6/12/2014Average food at above average prices. Greasy pizza
- Very tasty!tryingfoodsinSFDined on 6/11/2014Went here with a group of 7 for a business dinner and were so pleasantly surprised. Food was really impressive. Drinks were good but most were pretty sweet. Really looking forward to eating the leftovers for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodLuLuDined on 5/30/2014Portions more than ample; Nice variety of lunch specials; The Best Truffle Salt fries in the bay area; Really good soup - Black Bean; Gorgeous salads; Service is improving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!FolsomFoodieDined on 5/24/2014The food and service is always reliable and above average!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lauraVIPDined on 5/23/2014Service was very good, portion sizes were quite large, ambiance was nice, but the food was good/okay, not great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDineeeeeDined on 5/18/2014Love this restaurant. Great food, amazing ambiance, good wine and cocktail list. Also, very walkable from my home which is a huge plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomodating and deliciousBossyPDined on 5/14/2014We were late for our reservation and needed to hurry to make our next appointment, our waiter was helpful and thoughtful, allowing us to eat and leave in a very short time. The food was wonderful and the leftovers divine!Special Features:
- Wonderful Mothers Day brunchSTMissionDined on 5/11/2014Our family spend Mothers Day here - mom, grandmother, grandfather, and 2 school age boys. The ambiance was great, the service excellent, and the staff was incredibly warm and receptive. The menu had choices for everyone - even the 5 year old. Bottomless mimosas, too. For our family, the option for an early reservation (9am) was also great. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza at Locale KitchenpizzalovrDined on 5/10/2014We had two of their pizza's and both were excellent. My favority was the funghi which is served with Truffle oil and argula. The place is small, and quite noisy. You really had to talk loud to be heard by people at your own table. Even though it was loud I would go back for the pizza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SFdinerDined on 5/3/2014I can always count on a great meal. The food is delicious and plentiful and I love the communal table.Special Features:
- Groupon Brunch- YummyFatKidAtHeartDined on 5/3/2014Went to the city for a weekend trip and found this Groupon gem. Bottomless mimosas and delicious brunch choices. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Good Food but Too NoisyFoodFriendDined on 4/30/2014This was my second time dining at Local Kitchen. The first time it was early and a chilly, foggy SF night. The harvest pasta and red wine were great and I really enjoyed it. The second time was just at the end of happy hour on a warm evening. There was confusion about our reservation, the service was haphazard although well meaning. The biggest problem is the noise level. Cement floor, metal stools and an open kitchen combine to make it far too noisy to hear the person across the table. I won't go back because i am tired of restaurants where the din is so loud I end up with a headache and a sore throat at the end of the meal.
- Amazing lunch!jjettDined on 4/29/2014I came for lunch with a friend who had never been before. The service was off the charts amazing, super friendly and attentive. I had the tuna and salmon salad which was very generous with the fish and the salad was really fresh. My friend had the burger w/ bacon and fries and said it was one of the better burgers he has had in a while. Food and service is always amazing here, one of my favorite spots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Averagefoodie4lifeDined on 4/27/2014This is a good place for a quick dinner or brunch if you live in the neighborhood. The decor is simple and the food is really good, especially the pizza and cocktails! Service could be improved a but (i.e. hostess seems stressed and doesn't smile), but it wasn't bad service either.Special Features:
- "BRUNCHTASTIC"Food4LifeDined on 4/27/2014Had an awesome brunch before heading to the Giants game. The food was delish, the waiter super attendant and friendly. Will definitely be back for more.....Special Features: