Local Gastropub - Downtown
95 S. Main St.
Memphis, TN 38103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Local Gastropub - Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.localgastropub.com/
- Phone: 9014739573
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-5pm
Dinner: Sunday-Wednesday 5pm-1am (limited menu from 11pm-1am)
Thursday-Saturday 5pm-2am (limited menu from 12am-2am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Derk Meitzler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Saturday and Sunday mornings ( weather permiting ) outside for brunch.
- Cross Street: Union Avenue
- Public Transit: Being located in the heart of the Main Street Trolley Line we do not have on site parking, but are centrally located to numerous parking garage"s including "Parking Can Be Fun" as well as "The Peabody Parking Garage"
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Being located in the heart of the Main Street Trolley Line we do not have on site parking, but are centrally located to numerous parking garage"s including "Parking Can Be Fun" as well as "The Peabody Parking Garage"
A word from Local Gastropub - Downtown
Welcome to "Local Gastropub" where we mix high quality ingredients with a casual pub environment to give you the ultimate dining experience. Here at Local we are about providing you traditional dishes with unique modern twists, from our Fried Crab Stuffed Avocado & Braised Short-Rib Bolognese to one of our ever changing specials that will be sure to rock your pallet. Pair it off with one of our hand crafted speciality cocktails and you will definitely be coming back for more. We can easily accommodate large parties. Please contact us to inquire about parties larger than 20.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Local Gastropub - Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lunch at LocalsdjkriegerVIPDined on 4/12/2013Been there multiple times, food is always excellent, service can be spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I both hadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013My husband and I both had the specials and cleaned our plates! The fish tacos were phenomenal. He had the pork which was also delicious. My husband does not care for fish in general and was apprehensive in trying them. He was pleasantly surprised that they did not have a "fishy" taste, but fresh and yummy. I tried one of the drink specials, a Ginger Mule. I loved it - if you like ginger it's a must. We splurged and shared dessert- the blondie. So yummy, we were both full but cleaned our dessert plate too. The wait staff was friendly and provided e cell ent service. We will be going back - great meal!Special Features:
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Absolutely love the food!!! My two friends and I shared all of our entrees and loved everything. This was my very first introduction to pork belly, of all things! It was very tasty! My seared tuna salad didn't disappoint - as usual it was amazing!Special Features:
- UnevendriverDined on 3/9/2013We had eaten here in the evening once before, seated downstairs, and really enjoyed it. This time we were there at 4:30 on Saturday afternoon. The service was slow, though the waitperson was pleasant. My husband needed a drink refill that never came. One of the items on our order was incorrect, but we had waited so long to receive our food that we just ate what we got. We had tried the short rib Reuben at the mid-town location and thought it was fantastic there. Here, it was very tough and dry. So, all in all, not great. Hopefully, this was just a bad day.
- This is a great gastropubOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2013This is a great gastropub located along the Trolley line in downtown Memphis. It is a young, hip, vibrant restaurant/bar scene with inventive choices on the menu. The food is executed beautifully and combines great flavors. You can't go wrong with anything on his menu.Special Features:
- Good food; service w/out a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/27/2013On advice of a friend, we went for early Sunday brunch before leaving Memphis, quite looking forward to their eclectic menu, and the food was better than average in execution. However, even though we were practically the only customers, wait staff not particularly friendly, and downright rude when my topheavy mimosa flute tipped right over when my husband leaned on the super-wobbly table. They cleaned up juice (plus food that was still on floor from night before) in sullen silence. Could tell they couldn't wait for us to leave...kind of ruined our last hour in Memphis. Even the chef/manager(?), who came by to ask us how we liked everything never smiled. The right words were there, but no enthusiasm behind them.Special Features:
- Might be my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/26/2013Might be my favorite restaurant in Memphis! Great drink and food menu - lots of variety!Special Features:
- The local is a standard goOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012The local is a standard go to when I am craving comfort food. They use very high quality locally sourced ingredients and execute dishes perfectly and consistently. The short rib sliders and bar fries (crispy frites w/ bleu cheese) are sure bets.Special Features:
- I loved the atmosphere ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012I loved the atmosphere of this place- a mix of dark, modern with a vintage twist, and cozy. We went on New Year's Eve so it was especially crowded. The bar area upstairs was packed, but everyone in my group got a drink at the bar easily. With our reservations, we didn't have to wait long for a table in the dining area. The food was great (the rotisserie chicken and short rib tacos were especially hits of our table) and the service was friendly and timely. The warm brown sugar blondie with bacon and vanilla bean gelato was amazing! I would go back just for that! I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Exceeded expectations in numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Exceeded expectations in numerous ways. The environment and ambiance is not a surprise given that the word "pub" is in it's name. The crab-stuffed stuffed avocado appetizer was a great start. My chilean sea bass (Special) was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem! Found this onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Hidden Gem! Found this on Open Table and was not disappointed. Really good meal - appetizers, main and dessert. Great recommendations from wait staff. Very enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Lots of fun, great food, extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2012Lots of fun, great food, extremely loud so be ready for that if you actually want to talk-- but fun placeSpecial Features:
- Fun Place, Fabulous BurgerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Really enjoyed our visit to Local....we tried to go on Friday night without a reservation which was a mistake....definitely play it safe and make a reservation for regular dinner hours. We ordered the burger and the fish and chips and enjoyed both. The burger in particular was great..probably one of the best we've ever had and the fish was prepared as well as any we've had, but keep in mind the tartar sauce is not the traditional tartar sauce you'd find in the store or most pubs. Personally we prefer the traditional tartar sauce, but we're not foodies and can appreciate that to someone looking for a slightly different take on a normal dish the difference would have been welcome. In both cases the side of fries was great.Special Features:
- Had the crab cakes and theyTNfoodieVIPDined on 11/2/2012Had the crab cakes and they were lovely. Well-flavored, lots of crab. Underwhelmed by the chipotle cheddar mashed potatoes, however. Great idea, but too much chipotle, not enough cheddar. My friend thought the chicken cobb salad was the best salad she's had in Memphis.Special Features:
- Great contrast btwn bar & diningGinaDined on 10/31/2012This was our 1st visit to Local - Gastropub and it will not be our last. When we entered we were promptly greeting and promptly seating. The upstairs was a bar area with some private and community seating it was muted when we arrived, but became more energetic as the night went on. Hostess took us downstairs. It was more romantic, really remind me of maybe what a Speakeasy would have been like in the day. This area seemed great for small parties, but didn't ask if they book the area for events. Our food was great. We both enjoyed what we got and look forward to trying other things on the menu.Special Features:
- Had a great time for my firstGuestDined on 10/19/2012Had a great time for my first time dining here. The atmosphere was a vibrant and upbeat pub without all the rowdy crowd that bars attract. The menu items are what you would expect from a bar but taken to a whole other level. A BLT is not just a BLT anymore when you add lobster and tobasco mayo. Im excited about this find and also look forward to the Midtown location to come. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Not my first visit, but myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012Not my first visit, but my fist brunch at Local, everyone loved their food choices. We ate out front (outside) because it was a nice day, excellent people watching on Main...Special Features:
- Very great place to eat! TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012Very great place to eat! Tasty and very specialty drinks! Lots of food for ure money! Quality was excellent!Special Features:
- Cold food?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2012Good atmosphere and interesting menu although some items were not available. My wife's entree was a bit cold and the server reduced the check by 15% on her food which was OK but a bit arbitrary. Beer range is good with local beer discounted well on our visit. But overall a pleasant place to meet up. Not for a quiet, romantic evening!
- Dined her on a recommendation56BWDined on 10/5/2012Dined her on a recommendation by a much younger friend-- not expecting stellar, but hoping for good... Local exceded those hopes. Requested an outdoor table which they tried to accomodate, but weather didn't cooperate so we were seated at a long table in between some other diners. That turned out to be a great thing... we were able to visit with a couple touring the states from Germany- he was practicing his English, and we enjoyed the company of a young couple about to be married in a few weeks. Calamari was not so good-tasted of cornstarch. Server accepted our criticism and removed the item from our bill. Grilled portabella panini was very nice. This was a fun, casual spot--We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Ahi tuna tostada was excellent;OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2012Ahi tuna tostada was excellent; blondie brownie with maple bacon and vanilla bean ice cream should not be missed!!Special Features:
- Great meal and I really appreciatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Great meal and I really appreciated that our reservation was a true reservation and the table was ready when we got there.Special Features:
- Give it a try, you'll be impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012Great food, good service and an overall fun experience. The waitress Kelly was accomodating and my father claimed the garlic potatoes with his steak were te best he's ever had! My one critique would be to offer more variety in beers on tap.Special Features: