Local Bistro + Bar
20581 North Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Local Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.localbistroaz.com/
- Phone: 4803026050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Andrea Volpi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Local Bistro + Bar
Local Bistro celebrates the flavors of Italy, France and Spain. We are a casual, family-friendly modern bistro focused on preparing traditional dishes with a minimalistic and straightforward approach. Local Bistro’s menu offers a vast array of European classics that range from handmade pastas, wood-burning Neapolitan-style pizzas, chops, steaks, salads and seafood. The bar features an ample selection of hand-picked award-winning wines and serves fresh cocktails made from scratch with our farm-to-bar concept. Local Bistro’s contemporary design, complete with large chalkboards outlining specials, create an upscale yet relaxing experience for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Local Bistro + Bar - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Local Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (98)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (56)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (36)vibrant bar scene (31)great for brunch (27)special occasion (26)hot spot (24)good for groups (21)late-night find (15)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- DisappointingAZRetireeVIPDined on 8/21/2014We have eaten here many times and, for the most part, it has always been very good. My husbands roasted chicken was excellent, but my kale salad was not good. I had it before and really liked it, but this time it was mostly just a bunch of chopped kale with a few orange slices, a few dried cranberries, enough blueberries, and very dry grilled chicken. I'm sure I could have sent it back and gotten something else, but I didn't want to wait while my husband ate his dinner. It is nice when restaurants are willing to take care of you that way, but it should have been right the first time. Also, energetic doesn't begin to describe the awful noise level.Special Features:
- Great placeWskychefVIPDined on 8/17/2014We eat brunch at local almost every Sunday and it is always great. Love the staff and the menu. The morning crew might need some work on the pizza but other than that it is flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BistroculinarycriticDined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Thought it was better than most restaurants around Scottsdale. The service was wonderful as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have probably been her six or more times. Food always good. Noise level just too much.Special Features:
- FABULOUS EATERYfrankDined on 8/14/2014Very exciting, busling restaurant. The food is outstanding along with the service and decor. A real hotspot in North Scottsdale. Even though we live in FOUNTAIN Hills it is worth the 30 minute drive. My wife and I have eaten at Local Bistro a number of times and have never been disappointed. Try it, you will love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placefoodieDined on 8/10/2014But not for special occasions, only for a regular night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentWineanddineDined on 8/5/2014Food is outstanding, every dish is wonderful with great flavor. Excellent service. This is my favorite restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- Great Local Bistro!littleoneVIPDined on 8/3/2014A lovely upscale establishment that offers great food at reasonable prices. The Skirt Steak and Pomme'Frittes are always a consistent winner along with the Chicken Parmesan! The drunken bread is a sure winner and a nice starter that can be shared! The service is always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but deliciousPennyDined on 8/3/2014Really high noise level in here whenever there's a crowd, but the wonderful brunch makes it worth it!Special Features:
- Not their best!!BwanDined on 8/2/2014We have to Local Bistro many times over the past few years and almost always hard a great experience. However, this past Saturday night was very disappointing. Our waitress was terrible. She was not engaged with her clients and it was obvious that she wanted to be elsewhere. That unfortunately set the bad tone for the night. Our main courses were just OK and asking for additional ketchup and mustard was a chore. May have been an off night but with no wait at 7:30 on a Saturday night the restart not that full I would have expected better. AgSpecial Features:
- LBannazVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food good..service too..restaurant is VERY NOISY.wish something could be done so shouting wasn't necessary to carry on a conversation..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!DanMDined on 7/29/2014Too noisy for dinner, but lunch was fine. Roast chicken at dinner very generous. Mushroom soup was very good. Server wasn't all that pleasant. Still, we'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great N Scottsdale spot.mamaGDined on 7/27/2014Very good food and cocktails, great wine list. Service top notch. Wish N Scottsdale had more like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was insanely good!Kdb92Dined on 7/27/2014We drove 35 miles to get to there and it was worth it! The food was amazing! The service was wonderful! We had the Drunk Bread which was outstanding! I don't even want to know how many calories it was. The Seafood Salad had a ton of perfectly prepared seafood. The shrimp were exceptional! And then there was the Local Burger. The burgundy onions were to die for. We were feeling fat and happy and couldn't even think of eating anything else. We asked for the check. But instead the manager came over with Panna Cotta saying that the chef likes to end on a sweet note and since this was our first time there, we should enjoy this complimentary dessert. I don't even like Panna Cotta but this was absolutely delicious! We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local bistrobeachdocDined on 7/25/2014Food here is wonderful It is consistently very good with good serviceSpecial Features:
- Very good restaurantAnnhVIPDined on 7/25/2014Everything about this restaurant is great except the noise level. It is so loud that it is hard to carry on a conversation. We really enjoy the food and wine. Also the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iluv2eatDined on 7/24/2014Really enjoyed it- had business meeting there- perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would move to AZ just to eat hereDerrolMDined on 7/22/2014This is my new favorite restaurant in Scottsdale. Here for 5 days and already been here twice. Haven't been disappointed with a single menu item. This place should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menu always fresh.tuliptoriDined on 7/19/2014Our favorite for eIther appetizers and drinks to a full meal. Love the clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good eatsMerlinDined on 7/17/2014Frequent visits to Local Bistro never disappoint. From the blackboard specials to the menu staples (chicken parmigiana, steak frites, etc), the quality of the food and service puts thus high on our list of Scottsdale dining experiences. The clams marinara appetizer is off the charts,with dunking the toasted bread a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but VERY noisySierrasmomDined on 7/12/2014The noise level is a bit unsettling because it made it hard to carry on a conversation or to hear our waitress, but it was a Saturday night and the restaurant was packed. Excellent food combinations and good evening specials to choose from. The appetizers were okay, but nothing special (the Drunk Bread was burned on the bottom and soggy on top). 3 of us had the seafood linguini and 1 had a daily special of salmon risotto. These dishes were excellent - wonderful flavor and texture. Tiramisu was just okay, like eating whipped cream with a touch of coffee flavor. All in all, we will come back again. The good stuff definitely outweighs the "so so."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemKateVIPDined on 7/12/2014We hate to broadcast this for fear that everyone will flock to Local Bistro, but this restaurant has become our local favorite. My husband and I dine at Local Bistro at least 1-2x per week. Little wonder why the place is hoppin'. The food is fresh and relevant and the staff is always so personable.Special Features:
- Chef Andrea Volpi dazzzlesunderwhelmedVIPDined on 7/11/2014Local Bistro is fortunate to have the attention of Chef Andrea. He has created a beautifully balanced menu. His Northern Italian creations are the best in the valley by far. Try his risotto. It is one of his special dishes and it wont disappoint.Special Features:
- Great food, great armosphere !DeeDeeDined on 7/11/2014Great food, great vib, service a little off. Management made good on the situation which means a lot :) Thnx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyTrudeVIPDined on 7/8/2014No use level was so bad, worse than ever, that I am not certain tat we will come back, despite great food......Special Features:
- Sundayperky1Dined on 7/6/2014The food was great. It was slow as they said, but how hard is it to put baby arugula and shaved rolled up salmon on a plate? For instance. Our waiter was rather out of it, poor memory. We would eat there agib. Hopefully better server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great menu and specialsIlikefoodVIPDined on 7/4/2014Local Bistro seems to never disappoint, from great new seasonal cocktails, to fresh summer and special menu items, we grabbed an early dinner on the 4th of July, enjoyed a couple of quick drinks at the bar, then had dinner. The fresh salmon/pasta special was delicious. My wife was looking for a wine pairing and Wade and the bartender let her sample several 'pours', that allowed her to select the right vintage for her entree. As always, a "go-to" spot that never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frustrating!LEDmavnVIPDined on 6/29/2014We had a difficult time being seated, was not offered other booth-back locations although several were available. Server was "snippy" with us when we ask to change a menu item 5 minutes later. Marinara sauce way too spicy-hot. Strange, odd and weird music was playing thru the speakers... Lastly, left cash for the tab and $20.00 turned up missing, they chased us down in the parking lot to "pay up" We refused since I knew exactly how many 20's I had in my possession. (At least they didn't call police.) Not likely to return....Special Features:
- Local BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Definitely one of our favorite restaurants. The food and service is consistently wonderful.Special Features:
- Love it!NickDined on 6/28/2014But its noisy! If you like that its awesome, great food, wine and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great Visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/25/2014Local Bistro is consistently great and never disappoints!!Special Features:
- lovemyfoodDined on 6/22/2014My only complaint was the music was very loud and it was hard to hear. We do love eating here. Always busy and the food is consistently good. Wine prices are excellent. My husband and I always order a bottle. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Brunch at the BistroStanVIPDined on 6/15/2014First time we had brunch here. Food was great, and service was excellent. Omelettes were well prepared and delectable. Great job! We will be back.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesscottpDined on 6/14/2014Have been to Local Bistro 4 times and each time the food and service have been a cut above the average in this part of Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AudiAudiVIPDined on 6/7/2014Always very enjoyable. The halibut special was excellent!Special Features:
- Our "Go To" Does Not DisappointRKentVIPDined on 6/7/2014"Local Bistro" is one of our "go to" restaurants whenever we are looking for reliable, top quality meals and good service. We have not had a bad meal there--ever! Service has always been excellent and if we have ever had a question or the kitchen has gotten something wrong (very rare) they have always taken care of the issue immediately and it's always been done in a manner that makes you feel appreciated. "Local Bistro" is a neighborhood gem and we are delighted that it's in OUR neighborhood!Special Features:
- Great brunchWskychefVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is our favorite brunch spot and it happens to be just a few miles up the road which is nice. The monkey bread French toast and the croque Madame are a must try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!NickDined on 6/2/2014Love this place. Great food, service and atmosphere. It is loud inside which really doesn't bother me. Not good for a business dinner, other than that - enjoy.Special Features:
- Happy B'dayStanVIPDined on 6/1/2014Food and service is consistently great. Wonderful wine selection.Special Features:
- Anhoter noisy anonymous placeThegooddiningDined on 5/30/2014Sito reservation We were seated near the patio door near the main passageway for the staff. Noise unbearable not a single structure in the single dining room can absorb noise. Food ok but similar to another 30 equqlly godo restaurante in Scottsdale. Service did The best they colu screaming At us. Dessert tiramisu' to be avoided. Friends of boss accommodated in better seats that were kept for them: that is ok in a mafia restaurant but is not for my restaurant if I have a reservation I am a client too. Will never go back.