Local Bistro + Bar
20581 North Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Local Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.localbistroaz.com/
- Phone: (480) 302-6050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Andrea Volpi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Local Bistro + Bar
Local Bistro celebrates the flavors of Italy, France and Spain. We are a casual, family-friendly modern bistro focused on preparing traditional dishes with a minimalistic and straightforward approach. Local Bistro’s menu offers a vast array of European classics that range from handmade pastas, wood-burning Neapolitan-style pizzas, chops, steaks, salads and seafood. The bar features an ample selection of hand-picked award-winning wines and serves fresh cocktails made from scratch with our farm-to-bar concept. Local Bistro’s contemporary design, complete with large chalkboards outlining specials, create an upscale yet relaxing experience for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Local Bistro + Bar - Best Restaurants in Scottsdale ›
Local Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (89)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (44)hot spot (42)great for outdoor dining (35)vibrant bar scene (29)good for groups (28)great for lunch (28)special occasion (23)great for brunch (17)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (8)romantic (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Really fun placeLisaVIPDined on 11/17/2014This restaurant is really fun. I've been twice and each time the food has been very good. It's fresh and well prepared. The wine list is also extensive and there is a nice array of cocktails as well. The ambiance is fun either for a date or for a group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lccal placeIanmtnbikerDined on 11/15/2014This is our go to local place for casual dining. Food and service are always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JuneDined on 11/15/2014Always enjoy Local Bistro. We live across the street in Grayhawk. Definitely bring our out of town guests here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOverwhelmedDined on 11/10/2014Maybe it was their 1st busy night of the season, but the service was terrible. Besides it taking way to long for our food, our waitress never checked on us while we waited 25 minutes for salads. We are year round residents and the Local Bistro is our "go-to" spot, alone and with guests. My husband is now looking for a new spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysTroseVIPDined on 11/6/2014We have eaten at this gem often. It is difficult to to decide if the food is better than the service, or the service better than the food. They are both outstanding. Probably the best, and most caring, service in town. Never a bad meal.Special Features:
- never disapoointedChicagoAmyVIPDined on 11/5/2014We go to Local Bistro each time we visit Scottsdale from Chicago because we can depend on a fun evening and a good meal. This time we noticed a quote on the wall about respecting and appreciating the customer, which they've obviously taken to heart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold weather comfortAusMumDined on 11/3/2014I have been going to Local Bistro for three years. The food is consistently great. The service is usually very good, but for the first time the other night we had a server who seemed to be struggling with his tables. Our orders for mains were not taken until 36 minutes after all members of our party were seated. One person ordered a drink and he left without taking the other for another. We made the manager aware of the situation and he made amends and took good care of us. They haven't lost our business because the manager listened and the food was terrific as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014We love Local Bistro. Never a bad meal and the service is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014Has been at this site for years and continues to satisfy. Providing a consistent memorable experience is the key to successful restaurant and Local Bistro delivers this each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014By the time the two of us got to the restaurant at 5:30 all the outside tables were taken but we did sit at the window and enjoyed our dinner. We definitely will go there again and try other dishes on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, Good, Suburban VibenonamesformeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Local Bistro has a relaxed, affluent suburban vibe. Small sidewalk patio dining and small sidewalk patio bar with couches. Varied menu, with Italian features prominent. Lots of wine available. The food was well above average. Service was okay. Desserts were really good. Portions are generous. Crowd is a bit older-towards the retirement end. Very noisy. We return for the food and struggle with the noise.Special Features:
- Can not get a "quiet table for 2"emilypDined on 10/30/2014I requested a "quiet table for two", and we were placed between two large groups that were quite loud. It wasn't their fault -- if you want to be heard inside the restaurant you have to be screaming to over-ride the din in this accousitc nightmare! We thought a mid-week evening would perhaps be quieter, but it was just as noisy as the weekends. My husband was dissapointed with the 'Greek' salad -- nothing Greek about it!!! (It should NOT have lettuce in it!) He was also disappointed that the ribs were no longer on the menu. The French onion soup was divine! I always have that. If you can enjoy 'dining' in an atmosphere where the noise level exceeds that of a turbo-prop at full throttle; you will have a wonderful experience!Special Features:
- Perfect for usTrudgeDined on 10/25/2014We live locally and wanted a good, lively restaurant we could walk to. This place absolutely hit the spot,an real find. Thank you.Special Features:
- Dining delightGaileeVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful as usual. The arugula salad is enough to share before entries. The seafood linguini is always a favorite. For some reason we had a little problem getting bread before our meal. Usually the busboy brings bread right away. We asked our waiter a couple of times for bread and then had to request butter several times. Obviously that's not a show stopper but rather just an annoyance. Overall the dining experience was positive with wonderful food.Special Features:
- Great eatsMattKDined on 10/17/2014Thanks again for the great meal and service! We'll continue bringing friends to Local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014We love Local Bistro!! From the moment we walked into the restaurant, the service is outstanding. The food is exceptional, and the deserts are outstanding, especially the chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- b'day lunch was greatAnnaVIPDined on 10/6/20144 ladies out to celebrate a birthday lunch, and we had a great time! There's something on the menu for everyone, and our server it made it so easy for 3 of us to share 3 wonderful dishes (tuna tartare, Tuscan chopped salad, arugula salad with beets)! Plus she brought out a crème caramel with a candle at the end for our b'day girl. Thanks for a delightful lunch. It's also great for dinner - my hubby and I are there often!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJJ32VIPDined on 10/4/2014Great casual local dining spot. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Love the food!Foodie479Dined on 10/3/2014We have been to Local Bistro and the food and service have always been excellent. If you go with a party of two, you most likely will sit at tables that are very crowded together. That is the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad menu , great serviceRigatonyDined on 9/29/2014This is a go to restaurant. Consistently good. Friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodsizzDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was very nice. The food was excellent, fresh and done quickly with perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The pasta, the wine and the service were just great. This is one of our neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Great Local FindJOANNDined on 9/26/2014I tried this one day when I first moved to the area in September. I've been there again and brought friends because its a great find. Loved the ambiance and the food! I look forward to going again and bringing others who have not tried it before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnjoyed2dineDined on 9/22/2014We are from Canada but own a home in scottsdale, it's always great when we find a wonderful place to dine with great service and excellently quality food and atmosphere. We will definitely bring our friends when we return in November and will pass on our new restaurant finding . Thank you so much for the great service and great food . A new fanSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had another great experience at Local Bistro. All of us ordered off the specials board. Sea Bass was fabulous as was the salmon and penne. Service was outstanding. Isaih provided excellent guidance regarding the entrees and clearly knows his wines.Special Features:
- HappyDinerDined on 9/19/2014Very nice menu with options for healthier choices too.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemSunshineDined on 9/17/2014Local Bistro is a neighborhood gem with an interesting menu and great service. In addition to the regular menu, the chef usually has specials each day. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Local Bistro is our favorite neighborhood Restaurant. From the moment we entered the front door, the staff is amazing. Great ambiance, excellent food, and an outstanding wine list.Special Features:
- Always a great place to goSimon64Dined on 9/11/2014Andrea always comes up with great options. I love the restaurant, friendly and dynamic. Service and food are constantly remarcable. Dare to try the specials. A little noisy at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific findmjsiegelVIPDined on 9/10/2014Local Bistro offers great ambiance with outside dining should the noise inside be a little loud,, a varied and delicious menu and terrific service. What could be better.Special Features:
- Great service thanks LeslieOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014They split our order (they charged for that) it was fish and delicious Very accommodating did not feel rushed at all ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food average to poor serviceNPhoenixdinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was nice, good wine list. Atmosphere is good but a little loud depending on the noise level you like. Service was below average, server was unfriendly, seemed put out by any request.Special Features:
- FantasticDaleVIPDined on 9/1/2014Have visited Local Bistro multiple times and never disappointed. Our table of four on this visit had entrees of skirt steak, trout with saffron risotto, chicken parmigiana, and salmon risotto. All perfect. Tim has waited our tables for several years and always knowledgable and attentive. Our great meal ended with carmel panna cotta and great coffee!!! Highly highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetiredOldfoodieDined on 8/31/2014This is one of our favorite spots. The food is great and the people are friendly, flexible and attentive without hovering over the table.Special Features:
- Always great!ScottadalelisaDined on 8/30/2014Food and service are consistently outstanding. Best calamari and risottos around! The only negative about this amazing restaurant is the noise level for dinner because it is always full. It is truly hard to hear someone diagonal from you. That is why I didn't check that is is good for special occasions, romantic and big groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAZRetireeVIPDined on 8/21/2014We have eaten here many times and, for the most part, it has always been very good. My husbands roasted chicken was excellent, but my kale salad was not good. I had it before and really liked it, but this time it was mostly just a bunch of chopped kale with a few orange slices, a few dried cranberries, enough blueberries, and very dry grilled chicken. I'm sure I could have sent it back and gotten something else, but I didn't want to wait while my husband ate his dinner. It is nice when restaurants are willing to take care of you that way, but it should have been right the first time. Also, energetic doesn't begin to describe the awful noise level.Special Features:
- Great placeWskychefVIPDined on 8/17/2014We eat brunch at local almost every Sunday and it is always great. Love the staff and the menu. The morning crew might need some work on the pizza but other than that it is flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BistroculinarycriticDined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Thought it was better than most restaurants around Scottsdale. The service was wonderful as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have probably been her six or more times. Food always good. Noise level just too much.Special Features:
- FABULOUS EATERYfrankDined on 8/14/2014Very exciting, busling restaurant. The food is outstanding along with the service and decor. A real hotspot in North Scottsdale. Even though we live in FOUNTAIN Hills it is worth the 30 minute drive. My wife and I have eaten at Local Bistro a number of times and have never been disappointed. Try it, you will love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.