Local Bistro + Bar
20581 North Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Local Bistro + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.localbistroaz.com/
- Phone: 4803026050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Spanish, French
- Executive Chef: Andrea Volpi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Local Bistro + Bar
Local Bistro celebrates the flavors of Italy, France and Spain. We are a casual, family-friendly modern bistro focused on preparing traditional dishes with a minimalistic and straightforward approach. Local Bistro’s menu offers a vast array of European classics that range from handmade pastas, wood-burning Neapolitan-style pizzas, chops, steaks, salads and seafood. The bar features an ample selection of hand-picked award-winning wines and serves fresh cocktails made from scratch with our farm-to-bar concept. Local Bistro’s contemporary design, complete with large chalkboards outlining specials, create an upscale yet relaxing experience for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Local Bistro + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (82)fit for foodies (64)notable wine list (44)hot spot (35)great for lunch (31)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (27)good for groups (22)special occasion (21)great for brunch (18)late-night find (10)romantic (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (1)Show More
- Perfect for usOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We live locally and wanted a good, lively restaurant we could walk to. This place absolutely hit the spot,an real find. Thank you.Special Features:
- Dining delightGaileeVIPDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful as usual. The arugula salad is enough to share before entries. The seafood linguini is always a favorite. For some reason we had a little problem getting bread before our meal. Usually the busboy brings bread right away. We asked our waiter a couple of times for bread and then had to request butter several times. Obviously that's not a show stopper but rather just an annoyance. Overall the dining experience was positive with wonderful food.Special Features:
- Great eatsMattKDined on 10/17/2014Thanks again for the great meal and service! We'll continue bringing friends to Local.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014We love Local Bistro!! From the moment we walked into the restaurant, the service is outstanding. The food is exceptional, and the deserts are outstanding, especially the chocolate lava cake.Special Features:
- b'day lunch was greatAnnaVIPDined on 10/6/20144 ladies out to celebrate a birthday lunch, and we had a great time! There's something on the menu for everyone, and our server it made it so easy for 3 of us to share 3 wonderful dishes (tuna tartare, Tuscan chopped salad, arugula salad with beets)! Plus she brought out a crème caramel with a candle at the end for our b'day girl. Thanks for a delightful lunch. It's also great for dinner - my hubby and I are there often!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJJ32VIPDined on 10/4/2014Great casual local dining spot. Good food and service.Special Features:
- Love the food!Foodie479Dined on 10/3/2014We have been to Local Bistro and the food and service have always been excellent. If you go with a party of two, you most likely will sit at tables that are very crowded together. That is the only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broad menu , great serviceRigatonyDined on 9/29/2014This is a go to restaurant. Consistently good. Friendly servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodsizzDined on 9/27/2014The restaurant was very nice. The food was excellent, fresh and done quickly with perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014The pasta, the wine and the service were just great. This is one of our neighborhood favorites!Special Features:
- Great Local FindJOANNDined on 9/26/2014I tried this one day when I first moved to the area in September. I've been there again and brought friends because its a great find. Loved the ambiance and the food! I look forward to going again and bringing others who have not tried it before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnjoyed2dineDined on 9/22/2014We are from Canada but own a home in scottsdale, it's always great when we find a wonderful place to dine with great service and excellently quality food and atmosphere. We will definitely bring our friends when we return in November and will pass on our new restaurant finding . Thank you so much for the great service and great food . A new fanSpecial Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 9/19/2014We had another great experience at Local Bistro. All of us ordered off the specials board. Sea Bass was fabulous as was the salmon and penne. Service was outstanding. Isaih provided excellent guidance regarding the entrees and clearly knows his wines.Special Features:
- HappyDinerDined on 9/19/2014Very nice menu with options for healthier choices too.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemSunshineDined on 9/17/2014Local Bistro is a neighborhood gem with an interesting menu and great service. In addition to the regular menu, the chef usually has specials each day. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014Local Bistro is our favorite neighborhood Restaurant. From the moment we entered the front door, the staff is amazing. Great ambiance, excellent food, and an outstanding wine list.Special Features:
- Always a great place to goSimon64Dined on 9/11/2014Andrea always comes up with great options. I love the restaurant, friendly and dynamic. Service and food are constantly remarcable. Dare to try the specials. A little noisy at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific findmjsiegelVIPDined on 9/10/2014Local Bistro offers great ambiance with outside dining should the noise inside be a little loud,, a varied and delicious menu and terrific service. What could be better.Special Features:
- Great service thanks LeslieOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2014They split our order (they charged for that) it was fish and delicious Very accommodating did not feel rushed at all ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food average to poor serviceNPhoenixdinerVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was nice, good wine list. Atmosphere is good but a little loud depending on the noise level you like. Service was below average, server was unfriendly, seemed put out by any request.Special Features:
- FantasticDaleVIPDined on 9/1/2014Have visited Local Bistro multiple times and never disappointed. Our table of four on this visit had entrees of skirt steak, trout with saffron risotto, chicken parmigiana, and salmon risotto. All perfect. Tim has waited our tables for several years and always knowledgable and attentive. Our great meal ended with carmel panna cotta and great coffee!!! Highly highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetiredOldfoodieDined on 8/31/2014This is one of our favorite spots. The food is great and the people are friendly, flexible and attentive without hovering over the table.Special Features:
- Always great!ScottadalelisaDined on 8/30/2014Food and service are consistently outstanding. Best calamari and risottos around! The only negative about this amazing restaurant is the noise level for dinner because it is always full. It is truly hard to hear someone diagonal from you. That is why I didn't check that is is good for special occasions, romantic and big groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAZRetireeVIPDined on 8/21/2014We have eaten here many times and, for the most part, it has always been very good. My husbands roasted chicken was excellent, but my kale salad was not good. I had it before and really liked it, but this time it was mostly just a bunch of chopped kale with a few orange slices, a few dried cranberries, enough blueberries, and very dry grilled chicken. I'm sure I could have sent it back and gotten something else, but I didn't want to wait while my husband ate his dinner. It is nice when restaurants are willing to take care of you that way, but it should have been right the first time. Also, energetic doesn't begin to describe the awful noise level.Special Features:
- Great placeWskychefVIPDined on 8/17/2014We eat brunch at local almost every Sunday and it is always great. Love the staff and the menu. The morning crew might need some work on the pizza but other than that it is flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local BistroculinarycriticDined on 8/16/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Thought it was better than most restaurants around Scottsdale. The service was wonderful as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have probably been her six or more times. Food always good. Noise level just too much.Special Features:
- FABULOUS EATERYfrankDined on 8/14/2014Very exciting, busling restaurant. The food is outstanding along with the service and decor. A real hotspot in North Scottsdale. Even though we live in FOUNTAIN Hills it is worth the 30 minute drive. My wife and I have eaten at Local Bistro a number of times and have never been disappointed. Try it, you will love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placefoodieDined on 8/10/2014But not for special occasions, only for a regular night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentWineanddineDined on 8/5/2014Food is outstanding, every dish is wonderful with great flavor. Excellent service. This is my favorite restaurant in the valley.Special Features:
- Great Local Bistro!littleoneVIPDined on 8/3/2014A lovely upscale establishment that offers great food at reasonable prices. The Skirt Steak and Pomme'Frittes are always a consistent winner along with the Chicken Parmesan! The drunken bread is a sure winner and a nice starter that can be shared! The service is always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy but deliciousPennyDined on 8/3/2014Really high noise level in here whenever there's a crowd, but the wonderful brunch makes it worth it!Special Features:
- Not their best!!BwanDined on 8/2/2014We have to Local Bistro many times over the past few years and almost always hard a great experience. However, this past Saturday night was very disappointing. Our waitress was terrible. She was not engaged with her clients and it was obvious that she wanted to be elsewhere. That unfortunately set the bad tone for the night. Our main courses were just OK and asking for additional ketchup and mustard was a chore. May have been an off night but with no wait at 7:30 on a Saturday night the restart not that full I would have expected better. AgSpecial Features:
- LBannazVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food good..service too..restaurant is VERY NOISY.wish something could be done so shouting wasn't necessary to carry on a conversation..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go once and you'll be back againDesertPeopleVIPDined on 7/31/2014Look, this is no pretentious high end restaurant so don't expect the same menu. It does have creative pasta with some delicious sauces and a very nice wine menu all at very reasonable prices. It is a typical neighborhood gem type restaurant that you will go back to 4-5 times a year and enjoy a good meal without much wallet damage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find!DanMDined on 7/29/2014Too noisy for dinner, but lunch was fine. Roast chicken at dinner very generous. Mushroom soup was very good. Server wasn't all that pleasant. Still, we'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great N Scottsdale spot.mamaGDined on 7/27/2014Very good food and cocktails, great wine list. Service top notch. Wish N Scottsdale had more like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was insanely good!Kdb92Dined on 7/27/2014We drove 35 miles to get to there and it was worth it! The food was amazing! The service was wonderful! We had the Drunk Bread which was outstanding! I don't even want to know how many calories it was. The Seafood Salad had a ton of perfectly prepared seafood. The shrimp were exceptional! And then there was the Local Burger. The burgundy onions were to die for. We were feeling fat and happy and couldn't even think of eating anything else. We asked for the check. But instead the manager came over with Panna Cotta saying that the chef likes to end on a sweet note and since this was our first time there, we should enjoy this complimentary dessert. I don't even like Panna Cotta but this was absolutely delicious! We WILL be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local bistrobeachdocDined on 7/25/2014Food here is wonderful It is consistently very good with good serviceSpecial Features:
- Very good restaurantAnnhVIPDined on 7/25/2014Everything about this restaurant is great except the noise level. It is so loud that it is hard to carry on a conversation. We really enjoy the food and wine. Also the service is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.