413 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mylocal127.com/
- Phone: 5137211345x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Happy Hour Tuesday thru Saturday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Closed Monday and Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kyle Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Filipski 513-721-1345x
- Entertainment: Please allow 1.5 hours for parties of 4 or less and at least 2 hours for parties of 5 or more. If you have a time constraint, please make a note of it and we will do our best to accommodate. Thank you.
A word from Local 127
Local 127 is a new American eatery using only the freshest ingredients. Local 127 combines traditional American dishes handed down over time with practices from the modern American culinary world. Local 127 starts with the farmers. Working closely with the farmers the team is able to use only the finest ingredients according to the season, delivering incredible, tasty dishes. With the art of gastronomy being the driving force, everything from the taste, the presentation, the smell and the feel of Local 127 ties into the idea that without history there would be no today and that without progression there would be no tomorrow. Rather than a tribute to America, Local 127 is more of a celebration of all things American. America being the melting pot that it is, one never knows what might show up on your plate or in your glass at Local 127.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Local 127 reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (15)special occasion (6)romantic (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was lousy...slow, unfriendly. My grits were way too salty. I explained this to the server and he whisked them away. He never came back to ask if I wanted another dish, so I sat and watched my wife eat. When I asked for the bill, he dropped it off with no explanation and never returned. I was forced to go to the bar to pay. I've been here before and I've always enjoyed it, but this was catastrophic...ruined our night!!!Special Features:
- Loved it as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Flavors impeccable. Great value. Well executed all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like what they are doingccurranVIPDined on 6/17/2014The new menu kicks it up a notch. We had a great experience.Special Features:
- A DisappointmentLSP0Dined on 6/14/2014It's not that the food was bad; there was nothing on the menu that appealed to us. The server was attentive, but he apparently thought we were hicks in from the country because instead of talking up the flavors and cuts, he described the chicken as just a plain broiled chicken breast and the sauce as not too spicy, but having lots of herbs. We ended up splitting the porkapolis, which was more than enough for two. Things like sautéed beet greens neither sound, nor look appealing. We tried the panna cotta for dessert, something I make frequently in the summer, and it had so much gelatin that it was like cream jello. We should have just had a drink and moved on.
- Quite a disappointmenttrekkerDined on 6/14/2014I've been here before with a group and thought the food was decent. Something must have changed. My husband and I came for a dinner and the service was incredibly slow. We sat for 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged that we were there. Took another 10-12 minutes before someone came to take our order. After we ordered, it took even longer to wait for food. We were also very disappointed with the quality of the food, esp consider the price they charge. While the location is great, we won't come back here again.
- A gem!FoodfestVIPDined on 6/11/2014Among all the fantastic restaurant choices around town, this is one of the best in terms of the total "deliciousness" of the food! Service was extraordinary! Our waiter gave me a recipe for the Korean wings.Special Features:
- enjoy-lifefoodisfunVIPDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed a fresh preparation of the chicken. It definitely lived up to the review done just last week in the Enquirer. I entertained family there and felt we were well taken care of and I believe that my foodie cousins enjoyed the experience very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food; Great Service!MARYMASONDined on 6/7/2014Best food we have had in along time. I booked a table before the review by Polly Campbell but took her recommendations for our food choices. The Grits are to die for, the chicken is superb. We opted for the scallops instead of the salmon and were not disappointed. The entire staff was friendly, welcoming and respectful of the fact that we were there for a relaxing dinner. Go see for yourself; Local 127 is a must on anyone's bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- htminkVIPDined on 6/7/2014Dinner was wonderful. We shared the deviled eggs and smoked trout appetizers - both were delicious. The scallops were so fresh and prepared creatively. My husband loved the pork entree. Knowing the ingredients are locally sourced adds to the enjoyment. We will be back.Special Features:
- mormsDined on 6/7/2014Had to search for something that sounded really good "except for", and that I thought was really healthy.Special Features:
- Best meal we've had in yearsformerfoodcriticDined on 6/6/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at Local 127. The food was fresh and well presented. The service was exceptional. The atmosphere is relaxed yet polite.Special Features:
- The following 1226 reviews are from the Local 127 reviews archive.
- Love itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2014I get here whenever i can but live an hour away. Best meal ive had in a long time. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBorntoeatDined on 5/23/2014A kind and caring staff. Great bartender. The food was good to excellent and plentiful. My wife's steak was perfectly done. My burger was not quite cooked to order but still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Restaurant!!!TallestTreeVIPDined on 5/17/2014Our server Peter, was super. We told him we needed to be at the Taft Theatre at 9:30pm and he had the timing perfect. The chicken mousse was delicious. All 3 of us each had the Sea Scallops which were scrumptious, the best I've ever had so far inland!! And the accompanying asparagus was divine!! Service was top-notch, only wish I could say the same about the Westin, where we stayed, across the street. Wonderful Restaurant!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is creative and delicious!VannyDined on 5/17/2014The menu has something for everyone, and it is very creative and thoughtful. I had one of the best burgers there, and the fries are addicting! The service is friendly and attentive. I like how the food is sourced locally and the owners support sustainability. The ambiance is bright, cheerful and contemporary, and unlike a lot of restaurants of similar quality in OTR, Local 127 is comfortable and relatively spacious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family and come back again to see what is new on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceJBV23Dined on 5/16/2014Staff was very friendly and paid attention to detail. Fast service and food was excellent. Will be coming back to try other items from the menu.Special Features:
- Local 127 ReviewfeastgeekDined on 5/13/2014My husband and I took an important professional colleague to Local 127 while he was briefly in town. Our colleague (who is accustomed to a pretty impressive dining scene) could not say enough good things about the restaurant. The food was, as always, excellent, and the service was absolutely outstanding. Thank you for your amazing work - you all have an exceptional restaurant. My husband and I will be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For me a 3 but my friend thought 5CintiBonnieVIPDined on 5/13/2014Gave Local 127 a try early on a Tuesday evening. It was definitely not busy, but between loud background music & the bar, sounded like it was. Service was friendly and knowledgeable. We each got a large salad & shared appetizers and small plates. That worked out well so we got an opportunity to sample a greater variety. My friend really liked everything and said he would rate it a 5. I thought the food was good enough but for me didn't rise to the level of "wow, I'll return for this again." I don't plan to return. It's not because there were problems but, for my dollar, I think I can do better. Also, the menu is very limited - what you see on the web is it. I asked about the evening's specials and was told there were none.Special Features:
- Great food and service!AndersonFoodieDined on 5/10/2014This was our second experience at Local 1207. During both experiences, our meal and service were outstanding. This time, though, the service went above and beyond the call of duty. We were 30 minutes late for our dinner reservation because we realized we'd forgotten our theater tickets when we were half way to the restaurant. We called to let them know we were running late and that we still needed to make an 8:00 show. The hostess was extremely gracious and made a point of letting our server know our time restrictions. Our server helped us choose dishes that fit within our tight schedule and we were able to enjoy a cocktail, a lovely appetizer and an amazing dinner with time to spare!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014Your place there is beautifully done, all around. I loved the decor, the wall color, the furnishings, and your preservation of the old character of the building. The food portions were just right, not too much, not too little. Great quality, interesting combinations and recipes for a fun change. Great service. Perhaps maybe just a few more gluten-free options, for the initial "bread basket" for instance...also I don't remember seeing the sourcing of your meats and fish? I like to know where my food is coming from and how it was treated/grown...just some suggestions from a thoughtful consumer :) All in all, a great experience! Thank you!Special Features:
- Love me some Local 127Christie1213Dined on 5/6/2014This was my second visit and I absolutely love this place. The first visit I had the sea scallop dinner - best scallops I've ever eaten. This past visit I had the Duo Chicken because I was interested in trying wheatberries and I also recently was turned onto ramps and those were in the dish. Absolutely delish. I recommend this place to anyone who wants great fresh food and great service.Special Features:
- Good food & drinkDeborahDined on 5/6/2014Excellent choice of wines and beer on tap. Interesting salads & appetizers Entrees - not as interestingSpecial Features:
- Very NiceNKYDinersDined on 5/3/2014We did the tasting menu. Everything was great except for the pork course. Two out of three of the pork entrees were dry and over-salted. Everything else was excellent. Peter--our server--was superb.Special Features:
- Perfect!KevnVIPDined on 5/3/2014Was there to celebrate a friend's birthday and everything was exceptional. It was the first visit for 2 of the 3 of us and i know we'll be back Thanks!Special Features:
- Menu keeps changingRichieVIPDined on 5/3/2014I've been to Local 127 many times. The reason I come back is that the menu keeps changing. I love to see the new items on the menu. But don't fretted, they always keep a few of the best entrees there, too. Service was great from the time we entered the door, the drinks, food, and receiving the check. I plan on returning in a month or two.Special Features:
- Wow!LizzieZDined on 5/2/2014The six of us were blown away by this restaurant! Friendly reception, knowledgable service, interesting and yummy food added up to a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/2/2014I ate here shortly after it opened and felt it was better. It's okay but I'm not sure it's worth the price. The menu also seems pretty limited as well. Again, it's okay but I think you can find better options in OTR.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experiencephotobyjabDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I had dinner at Local 127 before a show at the Arnoff, and it was great that everything we did that evening was easily walkable from our hotel. Local 127 was intimate without feeling small or crowded. The service was excellent, easily offering helpful suggestions without being too present. I thoroughly enjoyed the Porkopolis, which was just-right sized (from the name and other reviews, I had feared it would be gargantuan). My wife had the Steak Frittes, and we enjoyed the local beers available and thoughful wine list. We found the ambience ideal; cozy and dynamic.Special Features:
- DownhillSJD1VIPDined on 4/25/2014Well. I had not been at Local 127 since the new chef took over and I will not go back. I had some chicken sandwich with a potato leek soup which was more like a watery thing that a realy soup. My girlfriend had the bowl of the same soup. she did not eat it and a chopped salad or something like that and it was pathetic. Yet she dished out $35 for her lunch (with a bottle of sparking water). Service was marginal with our waitress not really paying any attention. The day before I had lunch at Lavomatic, another disaster where food took so long to arrive that they brought us a free appetizer and the bun for my crab cake sandwich was literaly burned! Two places that are off my list. Too bad, they both used to be decent
- It was really funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The menu was really fun, and we sat next to green eggs and ham prints because the hostess said it matched my wife's dress. We had the thai wings for appetizer. We were offered sparkling water right off the bat and that was fantastic. The beer and wine list were fantastic, lots of local favorites. My wife had the scallops and I had the steak fritas with chimichurri, they were both awesome. The menu really generated a lot of conversation between my wife and I. My wife had the deconstructed sour cream cheese cake with basil whip cream and LOVED it. I had coffee for dessert which was from a french press and the roast was delicious. Everyone in the restaurant was super nice and smiley.Special Features:
- My experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Went to this place for the first time and absolutely loved it. Everything we got was a winner! You can't go wrong!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local porkopolis in townKEileenDined on 3/29/2014Local 127 delivers a fresh menu in a retro atmosphere just a block off Fountain Square. They very much capitalize on the history of Cincinnati as porkopolis. At least half the items on the menu (appetizers, small plates, and entrees) include pork. The small plates were our favorite. We ordered the mac & cheese and the animal fries (both of which included pork). I thoroughly enjoyed my entree of scallops, but my husband's porkopolis was just a little bit too much pork for him (or for pretty much anyone). Overall a great experience and a delightful evening - we just won't order quite as much pork next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average onlySouthernGentlemenVIPDined on 3/27/2014I went to dinner here with a group of men friends. Allof us thought the menu was limited. Though the meals were alright they were certainly not anything above average. The service was good and the noise level not a problem. For us this was nothing special.
- Thoughtfully preparedRuss4DawnDined on 3/25/2014The atmosphere is entertaining mix of neighborhood cafe and upscale chic. The cheese plate made us laugh at the nibbles of cheese with dabs of jellies and sweets when they arrived. Hard rolls were served water glasses filled then the B.L.T. with soup and burger with fries arrived. The sandwich hit the spot but the burger was overkill. Five or six inches tall it was a monster that I couldn’t finish and enough fries for three people. Came to sixty dollars with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a very nice dinnerNancyDined on 3/22/2014We had a very nice dinner at Local 127. The food was great and the servers were wonderful. We loved the setting. The food was trendy and also very good. We had the dates as an appetizer and they were amazing, my date had the cauliflower soup which he loved, I had the Cesar salad which was the best I ever had. Which each had the burger which was amazing, I could not finish and made a great lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Fabulous!BarbVIPDined on 3/20/2014WOW!!! The whole experience from start to finish was GREAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken liver the best everPackerDined on 3/19/2014The burger was wonderful service was great , we needed to make a show time and they cranked it outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemNancyDined on 3/15/2014We had always wanted to try Local 127 and decided to make a reservation for Saturday evening. Luckily for us, the place was packed, but our table was waiting. Service was timed perfectly, the server/waiter were friendly and efficient, and the hostess was very nice. We ordered two burgers, which we think were the best we've ever had. The fries were spot on. Their amuse bouche was a great touch, as were the rolls that they brought around. The salad was ample and tasty, but the pork belly bites left much to be desired (looked like chicken nuggets). All in all, a great experience. We plan to return soon!Special Features:
- Good food!RuthDined on 3/14/2014We had a group of six got to Local 127 and four of them had never been before. Everyone loved the food selections and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent with reservationsJeffVIPDined on 3/14/2014This is my second time at Local 127. The first visit was for lunch, the second for dinner. On both occasions, the food was awesome, and the service was superb. In fact, I'd go a bit further and say that the food was memorable. Just two reservations to note. First, my wife and I shared an appetizer (deviled eggs, best I've ever had), each had a salad, and shared an entree. The salads came out with the entree, which I'll chalk up to innocent mistake, but is a mistake nonetheless. Second reservation was the cocktails. If you're going to charge 11.00 for a cocktail, it had better be a good pour. These weren't. I'd say just a touch more than a straight shot. They'd do a lot more business if they paid attention to that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.