121 Washington St
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.local121.com/
- Phone: 4012742121x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
12pm-1am, Monday - Thursday
10am-2 am, Saturday
10am-10pm - Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tyler Demora
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our "Speakeasy" is a private space for dinners, meetings and events that can accommodate up to 60 people. Please call or email with an inquiry for the space and to discuss needs.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Carpentieri 4012742121x10
- Entertainment: DJ Series Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10pm - close, Friday and Saturday 11pm - close. No cover, 21+.
A word from Local 121
Local 121 believes that seasonal, regional, organic sustainable cuisine is not a trend - it is a method of creating beautiful, responsible, delicious dishes. By building relationships with local farmers and suppliers, we ensure not only that your food is fresh and healthful, but that it has been harvested in a way that pays respect to land and sea. When that food is combined with the exceptional efforts of local wineries and breweries, the result is a completely satisfying dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Local 121 reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)romantic (41)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- GemFunandDiningDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated out 26th Wedding Anniversary at Local 121 and had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding, the ambiance was terrific, our server, Emma, was attentive w/o being intrusive. Overall we had a WONDERFUL time. We loved the food. Portion sizes were perfect (not large, but enough to make us happy). The food, full of flavor (which is an understatement). We felt like we had an opportunity to try things that we'd never put together, which worked so perfectly!Special Features:
- Providence Perfect1050LynnDined on 9/7/2014Local 121, with its emphasis on local products and California inspired Nouvelle Cuisine and presentation delighted us. The simple yet refined salad dressing, fish, accompanied by a cream mustard sauce, chicken,cheeses and vegetables were prepared beautifully. While we rarely eat dessert, the star of the evening was the Chocolate Pave : rich, velvet chocolate , dark and not sweet. Perfect! Chef Ryan stopped by to accept our compliments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulMommaSiefertDined on 9/5/2014We loved everything about our visit to Local 121. The food was not only locally sourced but also absolutely delicious. Try the calamari - the tomato butter sauce it comes in was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnaDined on 8/24/2014I visit Local 121 each time I'm in downtown Providence and love this restaurant. The food and service never disappoint. The restaurant is elegant and romantic and it's a very special place. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special nightEverettCHoneyworthDined on 8/22/2014The menu, drink list, and service were all above expectations. It's a very quiet, so it's a great place to go with your significant other or small group to simply enjoy each others company.Special Features:
- Service A+ Food CPVSBVIPDined on 8/7/2014Local 121 was a mixed dining experience for us. The complimentary valet parking was appreciated. The service was simply outstanding. I loved the Velvet Jone srum cocktail. Where we came up short was with the food. The scallops appetiser was terrific but the other three small plates we order, zucchini soup, calamari and foie gras where, at best, adequate. We did not walk away dazzled by the culiary prowess in the kitchen. A shame given how well the front of the house was managed.Special Features:
- August 4, 2014nhdinerDined on 8/3/2014We found the host very friendly. Both brunch dishes were delicious. We had the Eggs Benedict with smoked trout and the Pork Belly with grits and cheese. It was our anniversary, and even though the eggs came out at room temperature, it was replaced as quickly as possible, and we were rewarded with a wonderful blueberry dessert personally delivered by the pastry chef and no additional charge. The English Muffins used in the Eggs Benedict are made in the restaurant, and we were later given a hand-written copy of the recipe with the chef's personal phone number in case we had any questions. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work lunchAS2222Dined on 7/30/2014In the past, my (brunch and dinner) experience at Local 121 had been great, but this (lunch) time it was mixed. The portion sizes were inconsistent -- some sandwiches required extra large plates, but the pasta and quiche were starter-size, even though there is a separate "small plates" section. When we asked about the tossed greens that were supposed to come with the quiche, we were brought two small plates with just green lettuce leaves, after we had finished the quiche. The quiche was quite tasty, but the presentation was disappointing and the portion left one of us hungry, while some of the sandwiches were not finished.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Went on the recommendation of a friend and it was a great recommendation. Fresh food, friendly service, great atmosphere. Went on a first date and they gave us plenty of time to talk, peruse the menu and had helpful hints about what would be the better choice. Food came quickly and was amazing. My date just kept saying how nice the place was, how delicious the food was and how great of a time it was. Made breaking the ice that much easier for me. Would recommend again and again to anyone looking for a fresh, locally grown meal.Special Features:
- Beautiful yet a bit pricyAljackdonDined on 7/19/2014The restaurant was great, much more classy than what we expected from the pictures! Perfect for romantic dinners. Price vary from 15 to 30+ $ so be careful what you orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceCindyDined on 7/19/2014This was my second visit to Local 121, and it did not disappoint. We brought out of town guests for the first time. All concerns for us were exceptional.....atmosphere, service and food. This restaurant is a gem....from the moment you walk in the door and are greeted with a friendly smile, until you are so satisfied at the completion of your meal, and YOU walk out with the smile! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely nightLocalLadyDined on 7/12/2014Another lovely night in Providence at a neighborhood anchor. Delicious dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentRob1764VIPDined on 7/8/2014Everything from the appetizer to the pork tenderloin to the dessert was outstanding...Special Features:
- mqwfVIPDined on 7/6/2014Initially we were a bit reluctant because the restaurant was noyt rated at all. However, we decided that this is neither good nor bad news. The place was really nice and cozy and the food was absolutely delicious. Definitely ready to come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2014The food was excellent. My only complaint was the limited menu, but I understood going in that the menu would be limited because they serve only locally sourced food. Preparation was outstanding. I had the rabbit which was juicy and delicious. My wife had an the marinated squid and shellfish appetizer as her main course and loved it. The dining room has white table clothes and the bar is old mahogany - reminder of the fancy restaurants of years gone by. Now added to my favorite restaurant list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRK17VIPDined on 6/28/2014All the dishes we had were delicious and very well presented. The portions were the right size and the desserts outstanding. The service was quick and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Food, Great AmbienceGJE1Dined on 6/27/2014Local 121 is another of Providence's great culinary gems. The food is delicious, creatively developed, with excellent artistic plating. A night at Local 121 is one that should not be missed.Special Features:
- Long time patrons very disappointed121dinerDined on 6/26/2014Food quality has fallen dramatically. It's like the kitchen doesn't care any more, very sad.
- A StandoutBillinVADined on 6/26/2014local 121 is very close to the convention center. We chose it for that reason but frankly expected to trade a quality experience for that convenience. We were wrong. It was a unique and varied menu, a lovely, elegant setting, with very good service and reasonable prices. They handle couples and large crowds equally well. Our group had pasta, two types of seafood, and vegitarian- everyone was delighted with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ExperienceJoJODined on 6/22/2014The tempura beans were very greasy, the calm chowder too salty, the service mediocre, the ambience very loud next room, out of Monk Fish early on a Monday evening... Bad choice... very pretentious... boss must have been out.
- WonderfulMacPacDined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed local 121. Staff, food and chef are great. It truly is a treat as the menu is unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRIPharmieDined on 6/13/2014My last visit here was over 5 years ago and I remember a delicious fresh local menu and great service. Sadly none of that was here anymore. We were conveniently seated quickly thanks to our reservation, however that might have been the only plus. The menu was strange and didn't have really anything exciting... The service was slow and messy (ie beer spills and fork dropping). Way too overpriced for a half non-edible monkfish and boring cod. Just a sad experience. Will not be back.Special Features:
- Place to go!Suzeq27Dined on 6/13/2014My friend and I go to Local 121 every time we have tickets to Trinity. There is valet parking that keeps our car for the entire evening. Our table is always ready. The food comes in a timely fashion so we can enjoy a leisurely meal and get to the play on time. Food is all fresh, creative, and proportionally perfect. I HIGHLY recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Presentation & DeliciousFriarjDined on 6/7/2014Local 121 still has the most unique menu around with local produce and dishes. I loved the Hudson Valley Foie Gras! I was especially impressed this time with the elegance and artfulness of the dishes presented, and of course the food was very tasty as well. Service was very attentive. The round booths feel like a fun retro throw back, and I will want to sit in them again. But there is a large distance between the booth and the table that makes it a tad uncomfortable. Wonderful dinner experience overall and hope to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMaryBVIPDined on 5/31/2014We were a group of 6 with 4 vegetarians. Menu has a lot of choices for all diets. I love the fresh local flavors. The service was just right -attentive but not overbearing. A nice wine list and excellent cocktails.Special Features:
- My one complaint...SweetandSavoryDined on 5/30/2014...was that I asked that my steak be cooked medium (hot pink center) and it came out rare (bright red, practically still mooing). They took it back, cooked it to my liking but did not offer any kind of discount which I think is unusual for a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerLove4FoodDined on 5/27/2014My fiance and I came here for dinner for her 27th birthday. It was a Tuesday so the restaurant wasn't too busy but that did not take away from our experience. Our waitress was very attentive and the food was great, get the charcuterie plate! Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 796 reviews are from the Local 121 reviews archive.
- always the bestacwpvdVIPDined on 5/23/2014there is simply no comparable experience in PVD to dining at Local 121Special Features:
- our second visitNICKIEDined on 5/18/2014Our second visit and we will be back.....great place for post theater dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at 121OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014We had mothers day brunch. The setting is nice and comfortable. Friendly service. Different and tradtional foods locally sourced.Special Features:
- outstanding!krtsphdDined on 5/11/2014So impressed with our latest experience at Local 121! Great service, delicious food, and amazing cocktails (the bartender deserves an award)! 5 stars!Special Features:
- Fantastic Birthday DinnerVictoriaVIPDined on 5/9/2014Once again, our meal was flawless. Love the ambiance -- low-keyed elegance, tasteful music at just the right decibel level. Kayla was, once again, our server and was, once again, absolutely superlative. And the food was beyond description -- beautifully presented, perfectly cooked, creatively conceived. We will return again and again!!!Special Features:
- OutstandingAndyDined on 5/8/2014My wife and I had been here for lunch, but this was the first time for dinner. We came for a pre theater meal...had 2 appetizers and split an enter. Everything was fantastic. The server count not have been betterSpecial Features:
- Perfect before a PPAC showOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/6/2014This was our second visit to this restaurant. Once again my girlfriend and I were having dinner before a show at the PPAC. We like the local aspect at this establishment. The dining room is elegant, the service is friendly and the prices are affordable for fine dining. They knew we were headed to the show and accomodated us without feeling rushed. We had the cheese plate as an app. Three cheeses were served, each with it's own complementary side that I never would have guessed go together. I recomend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here before.DHZKDined on 5/4/2014Very good food. Fit for foodies and others. Very good service. Open early on Sunday for brunch. Convenient downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandEMVIPDined on 5/1/2014Our first visit and I consider this restaurant in the top 5 in ProvidenceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/1/2014Our before theater dinner was excellent. Inventive menu. Expertly prepared. My beef tartar with quail egg is just one example of a very nice riff on a classic. The swiss chard dolmas were also outstanding. These two apps made for a perfect light supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mirror mirrorPDXDevineDineDined on 4/28/2014Monday night dinner with my family. Cool ambience with mirrors dominating the decor. Excellent service, delicious food though it seemed like there should have been more pasta dishes, but too loud. Get the scallops as an appetizer. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu SelectionAspireVIPDined on 4/25/2014Everything about the restaurant was very good except the limited menu selection. This was disappointing to us so check it out online if it is available. As I recall the selection included fish (pollock and fluke), burgers, chicken, spaghetti, lamb and a vegetarian dish. However, what was served was excellent taste and presented well.
- Good but not GreatfoodiewhotravelsDined on 4/23/2014I was in Providence for a conference and ended up going to Local 121 twice. Both dinners were good. Service was great. The food was good, but was not great. Nothing really wrong, just no wow factor.Special Features: