550-C Amsterdam Ave
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loca-luna.com/
- Phone: 4048754494
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday 5:00-10:00, Wednesday 5:00-11:00, Thursday 5:00-11:00,
Friday & Saturday 5:00- 12:30 (Venue closes at 2:30AM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is built to handle large parties. Whether it's for a party in our VIP Room (up to 50 guests) or in one of our main rooms, we can accommodate over 400 guests at one time!
- Private Party Contact: Thaddeus Keefe 4048754494
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly- Featuring Live Salsa Music, Samba & Bossa.
A word from Loca Luna
Loca Luna is Atlanta's premier dining and Entertainment venue. Offering a wide variety of Spanish & Latin dishes, this tapas style restaurant is a great venue for large parties as well as romantic dates. Featuring live salsa bands nightly, we're your good time destination. Voted one of the top 10 Latin Entertainment in America by USA today. Stop by and enjoy one of our refreshing Mojitos or Caipirinas today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Loca Luna - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Loca Luna reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)romantic (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- very good!lver4funDined on 7/25/2014Love this place! The food is delicious, the BEST mojitos and the live band is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timespartyof5Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our time there. Food is great, Prices good. They did a special birthday cake for us. Absolutely plan on coming back. Only negative comment is that immediately after we paid, bus boys seemed to be rushing us out by reaching over and between us to take all the glasses off the table. I felt it was bad manners as we were not the perpetual sitters that needed to be pushed out.Special Features:
- Toss the dice at Midtown Loca Luna1974GatorDined on 6/27/2014This is an outdoor/indoor venue with a funky ambiance. The great hand made mojitos are the stars. Tapas other foods are average. Live music and a Cuban vib make this a fun place to visit. Can't tell if it's on it's way up or down.Special Features:
- Pisco sourMuseDined on 6/24/2014Get one or two. Be careful of three. Four makes you call a cab.Special Features:
- Good tapas!finikyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great casual atmosphere for tapas however be aware this is loud and not airconditioned! We were there at end of June and this was fine - we did eat early but somewhat humid. No frills and loud music but the food is always good and great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good atmosphereMelGVIPDined on 6/18/2014Cute little restaurant nestled within Amsterdam walk. Love the vibrant energy.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner and atmospherebirthdayDined on 5/31/2014Took my sister and bro in law from out of town here after a long work day. The service was awesome and the music was fantastic but what sold us was the food. We tried the ribs the potatoes the beef nachos and the pork tenderloin and every single thing was fabulous! Everyone in our party wa extremely please and we are looking forward to our next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014we've been here many times and have never been disappointed. Our server did a great job too.Special Features:
- Pisco Pisco Pisco SourMuseDined on 5/25/2014Get one, drink one, get another one. And the tacos and tapas were killer also.Special Features:
- Great server-kudos to Angel!TravelQueenDined on 5/21/2014Loca is one of our favorite spots, so we decided to bring my Mom for her first time. She loved the plantains and lamb chops. We also enjoyed the ceviche, fish tacos and patatas bravas. We tried the fried green beans, and they were a bit greasy, so we probably won't order those again. Our server Angel was great-she was very personable, prompt to acknowledge us and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used to love this place!RegularATLGuyDined on 5/9/2014Showed up early awaiting the rest of the group with a reservation for 8:30pm. Another couple came and they attempted to seat us at a table for 4. After feeling like I was begging for service was given the table in corner for 8 with the cold air to our backs while smelling the smoke from smokers on the patio right next to us. When we asked if other tables could be put together to make one large enough for our group we were told those all had reservations even though way more then half were empty when we left at around 11:30pm. The manager was rude and almost condecending as if we weren't there to spend money. The waiter had an attitude until it was time to get a tip. Never going back and this was one of me and my girlfriends first dates.Special Features:
- Always excellentSantinomanVIPDined on 5/3/2014Been here many times. The food, drinks and the service never disappoint.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Loca Luna!TravelQueenDined on 4/24/2014We've become regulars at Loca, and just love the music and laid-back atmosphere. Recently we tried their ceviche and that has become our new starter! Our favorite night to visit is Thursday for $2 Taco night, the pescado (fish) and Bistec (beef) are excellent!Special Features:
- Tapas!amesyfVIPDined on 4/22/2014This restaurant is bustling with activity all the time! Check out their website for daily specials. Tuesday is unlimited tapas for $18! Green beans, fish tacos, and chimichurri steak are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 444 reviews are from the Loca Luna reviews archive.
- An improvement. ..andyresendeDined on 4/16/2014After they moved from their prevoius location, the quality had glne down a bit... I still went back a few more times... I tried again this week, and everything went back to the way it was originally. Great food, cool decor, nice live music, good service, great drinks... I'll go back more often now...Special Features:
- Good spot for a fun night outChengoDined on 4/16/2014We came here Wednesday night for a light dinner before salsa dancing to the love band. Great server who was attentive and kind. He brought out a dish that was prepared wrong, and graciously took it back to fix without a second glance. The music is great, the restaurant is fairly open, and the tapas and drink selection are spectacular. Planning to go back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Awesome time. The food was EXCELLENT! Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014We had a group of 8 people going to celebrate a birthday. We loved the atmosphere, the music was fun, it was great for a large group. The only part we were not impressed with was the service. Our server rarely came back to the table, he wasn't familiar with the menu items, he forgot to put in an order for one of the menu items we wanted and when I reminded him, it came out after we were done eating. It would've been a much better experience if our server was more attentive. We were also double charged for certain items.Special Features:
- Best Tapas around townSweeatyDined on 3/27/2014To start off Mark was our server in training and he was efficient and fabulous. Everything I ordered was outstanding. You must try the bacon wrap shrimp. Can't wait to go back. The service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group hang out spotSundaeDined on 3/21/2014Had fun with my girls and enjoyed an array of tapas! Drinks were great too but a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findSusanVIPDined on 2/28/2014Stuck up guests were not very pleasant but the staff at the reception desk handled them well.The menu is not the best for a tapas place,very confusing and have over fifty or more items I have to say the food is more Mexican mediocre food!!However Loca is a great place for Dancing and fun time with a live Latin band and the turn to club after!great place to get away from Crescent Ave hassel since the don't charge at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. But the serversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Great place. But the servers would take a lot of time checking back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphere, great food!TravelQueenDined on 2/20/2014We started coming to Loca Luna since they have live Latin music and dancing on Fridays and Saturdays. We kept coming for the food, lots a tapas that make it easy for us gluten free eaters to have a very nice meal. I especially like their salad with red & golden beets, and the Spanish-style ribs. We frequently go for $2 Taco Thursdays-the pescado (fish) and bistec (beef) tacos are the best! The atmosphere is very casual, and upbeat with salsa and other Latin music styles represented. It can be VERY noisy on Fridays, as many groups come to eat and then stay for dancing. Oh, and they have valet parking on Fridays-it's very busy on the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEarlyDined on 2/18/2014We all had a great tine. Have not been to Loca Luna in a couple of years. The Tuesday menu has changed. Everything was excellent. No wait for the food to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexy latin nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Went here for vday dinner with my husband on a saturday night. We had reservations and were seated quickly. Low lighting, candle on table and latin musicplaying made it very. sexy and fun ! I ordered the chicken skewers and the lamb chops. They were both good, but my lamb chops were not as well done as i wanted,so i sent it back and they fixed it. Overall, ee enjoyed ourselves and would go back!Special Features:
- pleasant hidden gem.SusanVIPDined on 2/5/2014We dined here last Saturday the 8th.We were happy we had a reservation as this place had every seat taking had a few plate to share and everything was great,we were also impressed with the level of service for a Mexican restaurant from the prompt setting to the pleasant service of our server(Nina) the live music was an awesome touch as well!Special Features:
- An alright timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014The food here is really good. The drinks were not that great, especialy the sangria. However, few places in Atlanta have good sangria. It was pretty dead when we were there so it's a nice place to go if you want to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find in AtlantaMaggieDined on 1/19/2014Absolutely amazing experience. The food was great, drinks were kept full, so many options and energetic atmosphere. Definitely a place I would go back time and time again. The place looks low key from outside with the rest of the shopping center around it closed, but it is worth the venture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and varietyKCCOMMENTSDined on 1/19/2014Menu has a wide variety of tapas. Chicken nachos and bacon wrapped shrimp are very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodfurgalemDined on 1/18/2014Loca Luna is normally one of my favorite places to go for tapas and good music. The food and atmosphere Is great but it is always crowded. I made a reservation to avoid being stuck standing up and being over crowded at the bar but it took them over half an hour past our reservation to even seat us. Once we got seated it was pretty fast for the most part but they struggled to maintain excellent service throughout the rest of the evening. Overall its a great restaurant but I will definitely try to keep in mind that it is a bar later in the evening to avoid having the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereJgjackVIPDined on 1/3/2014Great atmosphere and Energy, they normally have some live music and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, Salsa, and Cocktails!amesyfVIPDined on 12/29/2013This restaurant has a well appointed tapas selection, unique cocktails, and delicious mojitos. The service was adequate but not as attentive as I would have preferred for our party, possibly because the restaurant had few seated tables when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013Well, we went back to Loca Luna for the 2nd week in a row, were seated outside (covered & enclosed of course - it's December), and actually got the same sweet waitress, Nina. We were thrilled to have her as our waitress again, and she was excited, too. Tried new items which is always good - they have changed the menu a little bit. Really, really like this restaurant. Again, Great food, Terrific service and just an overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio Party EventFoodFetishistDined on 11/20/2013We had a dozen people for my husband's 40th birthday, and it was wonderful. They created a long table on the covered and perfectly lit patio and kept everything topped up, dishes cleared, and food hot and ready. The salsa band was great, perfect noise level, and very entertaining. We had two smaller children who were enthralled with the singer, and they received mini-maracas! David was fantastic and the food was delicious (particularly the mushrooms, chicken empanada, and risotto). Thanks to all for a memorable birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/16/2013Our server was very attentive. The food was just okay. Nothing special. The meat in the beef taco was so tough I couldn't chew it. The table was sticky. The focus here is on being a rockin bar scene.
- Celebrating Another BirthdayDeeCDined on 10/17/2013My husband and I had a change of plans last minute on my birthday. We ended up at Loca Luna and it was a great! Not sure how he spells his name but "Bri" was the best server. The host/manager was wonderful and so was the live band. I've been to this establishment before on a weekend and its always Crunk!! This Thursday was a nice, small crowd which was more intimate. The $5 drink special was a plus too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Latin themed spot in ATLterryg128Dined on 10/12/2013The best mojitos I've ever had! A hot spot - beautiful people, great atmosphere, good food and amazing Latin bands. Can't beat Loca Luna. If you haven't been you MUST go on a Friday or Saturday night! Trust me!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There have been some changesSaddenedDined on 9/27/2013In the past we needed a reservation if we wanted to get there Friday night 7:30p without a bad wait; so we made one. We suspected something was askew when we arrived and the parking lot was wide open. Upon getting seated, we were puzzled at the lack of patrons, wondering if there was an event elsewhere that we missed. But, soon after that the band started. Awful. What happened to the old band? This sounded like it was supposed to be latin music, but the band members seemed to all be playing different songs at once. This must be what repelled the other patrons, we thought. We left without dancing. The food was OK, but didn't seem to have the bold and well matched flavors to it that it once did.
- Great place!JoeyGDined on 9/27/2013Loca Luna is a great spot to get some food and hang out. Drinks were fresh and interesting. I was there at 6:30 and there weren't many people there at that time. It looked like it would be a nice hot spot to be in the evenings though. The patio is awesome, great ambience. Customer service and food/drinks were fast. The only thing that is kind of tricky is finding the place. The signage on the main streets is good. I don't think I ever saw a sign on a building. It is brightly colored sunshades of green and yellow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME Tapas!JacquieVIPDined on 9/24/2013I went for the Tuesday night all you can eat Tapas and I never ate so much in my life! It was all awesome. The best was the pesto pasta aong with the stuffed peppers. Will go back for Tapas again - once I lose the 3 lbs I gained. At least the Latin band had me dancing, that helped. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.