550-C Amsterdam Ave
Atlanta, GA 30306Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.loca-luna.com/
- Phone: 4048754494
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday 5:00-10:00, Wednesday 5:00-11:00, Thursday 5:00-11:00,
Friday & Saturday 5:00- 12:30 (Venue closes at 2:30AM)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our restaurant is built to handle large parties. Whether it's for a party in our VIP Room (up to 50 guests) or in one of our main rooms, we can accommodate over 400 guests at one time!
- Private Party Contact: Thaddeus Keefe 4048754494
- Entertainment: Live Music nightly- Featuring Live Salsa Music, Samba & Bossa.
A word from Loca Luna
Loca Luna is Atlanta's premier dining and Entertainment venue. Offering a wide variety of Spanish & Latin dishes, this tapas style restaurant is a great venue for large parties as well as romantic dates. Featuring live salsa bands nightly, we're your good time destination. Voted one of the top 10 Latin Entertainment in America by USA today. Stop by and enjoy one of our refreshing Mojitos or Caipirinas today!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Loca Luna - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Loca Luna reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (11)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (9)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best Tapas in the USA!AtlantaLadyDined on 10/18/2014This is my go-to place for good eating and fun - so enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere - 360 degrees!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014We continue to bring new friends & family, it never gets old. With a variation of Samba on Friday and Salsa with MaCuba on Saturday this is certainly a place for everyone, depending on what one wants. During the week with Salsa lessons on Wednesdays - just fun. On Friday we enjoyed the Samba music while sitting right upfront with a long table - dinner with my team from work. Great food, music, top service and a great scene to watch people. Congrats to team Loca Luna for keeping it up, hard to do on a consistent basis. The overall ambiente was great.Special Features:
- Love Loca LunaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014The food never fails .. every thing on the menu is rediculasly good. I love celebrating my birthday there because they have space big enough without blocking us off from the rest if the restaurant. Its like it transports me to an islandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free salsa lessonsgoodFoodFunSalsaDined on 9/10/2014My date and I decided we'd go to Loca Luna for date night and I must say that we had a blast. To start off, the ambiance was perfect. The live band played nice tunes that had me moving in my seat. Now about the food.... It was sooo good. I had a tilapia small plate and it was fresh and tasty. I fell in love with the beef soft taco... It was amazing and probably the best taco I've had in my life (no exaggeration). The salsa lessons were really fun. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Time...But LOUDNicknameVIPDined on 8/21/2014I like Loca Luna. Good food and in a neat location. But this time the band was WAY too loud...and I'm not the fuddy-duddy who says things are too loud, normally. They need to re-think the whole band thing and work on letting their patrons actually talk at a table without having to shout to each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!lver4funDined on 7/25/2014Love this place! The food is delicious, the BEST mojitos and the live band is an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timespartyof5Dined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our time there. Food is great, Prices good. They did a special birthday cake for us. Absolutely plan on coming back. Only negative comment is that immediately after we paid, bus boys seemed to be rushing us out by reaching over and between us to take all the glasses off the table. I felt it was bad manners as we were not the perpetual sitters that needed to be pushed out.Special Features:
- Toss the dice at Midtown Loca Luna1974GatorDined on 6/27/2014This is an outdoor/indoor venue with a funky ambiance. The great hand made mojitos are the stars. Tapas other foods are average. Live music and a Cuban vib make this a fun place to visit. Can't tell if it's on it's way up or down.Special Features:
- Pisco sourMuseVIPDined on 6/24/2014Get one or two. Be careful of three. Four makes you call a cab.Special Features:
- The following 455 reviews are from the Loca Luna reviews archive.
- Good tapas!finikyVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great casual atmosphere for tapas however be aware this is loud and not airconditioned! We were there at end of June and this was fine - we did eat early but somewhat humid. No frills and loud music but the food is always good and great for sharing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good atmosphereMelGVIPDined on 6/18/2014Cute little restaurant nestled within Amsterdam walk. Love the vibrant energy.Special Features:
- Awesome dinner and atmospherebirthdayDined on 5/31/2014Took my sister and bro in law from out of town here after a long work day. The service was awesome and the music was fantastic but what sold us was the food. We tried the ribs the potatoes the beef nachos and the pork tenderloin and every single thing was fabulous! Everyone in our party wa extremely please and we are looking forward to our next time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/31/2014we've been here many times and have never been disappointed. Our server did a great job too.Special Features:
- Pisco Pisco Pisco SourMuseVIPDined on 5/25/2014Get one, drink one, get another one. And the tacos and tapas were killer also.Special Features:
- Great server-kudos to Angel!TravelQueenDined on 5/21/2014Loca is one of our favorite spots, so we decided to bring my Mom for her first time. She loved the plantains and lamb chops. We also enjoyed the ceviche, fish tacos and patatas bravas. We tried the fried green beans, and they were a bit greasy, so we probably won't order those again. Our server Angel was great-she was very personable, prompt to acknowledge us and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used to love this place!RegularATLGuyDined on 5/9/2014Showed up early awaiting the rest of the group with a reservation for 8:30pm. Another couple came and they attempted to seat us at a table for 4. After feeling like I was begging for service was given the table in corner for 8 with the cold air to our backs while smelling the smoke from smokers on the patio right next to us. When we asked if other tables could be put together to make one large enough for our group we were told those all had reservations even though way more then half were empty when we left at around 11:30pm. The manager was rude and almost condecending as if we weren't there to spend money. The waiter had an attitude until it was time to get a tip. Never going back and this was one of me and my girlfriends first dates.Special Features:
- Always excellentSantinomanVIPDined on 5/3/2014Been here many times. The food, drinks and the service never disappoint.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Loca Luna!TravelQueenDined on 4/24/2014We've become regulars at Loca, and just love the music and laid-back atmosphere. Recently we tried their ceviche and that has become our new starter! Our favorite night to visit is Thursday for $2 Taco night, the pescado (fish) and Bistec (beef) are excellent!Special Features:
- Tapas!amesyfVIPDined on 4/22/2014This restaurant is bustling with activity all the time! Check out their website for daily specials. Tuesday is unlimited tapas for $18! Green beans, fish tacos, and chimichurri steak are a must have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An improvement. ..andyresendeDined on 4/16/2014After they moved from their prevoius location, the quality had glne down a bit... I still went back a few more times... I tried again this week, and everything went back to the way it was originally. Great food, cool decor, nice live music, good service, great drinks... I'll go back more often now...Special Features:
- Good spot for a fun night outChengoDined on 4/16/2014We came here Wednesday night for a light dinner before salsa dancing to the love band. Great server who was attentive and kind. He brought out a dish that was prepared wrong, and graciously took it back to fix without a second glance. The music is great, the restaurant is fairly open, and the tapas and drink selection are spectacular. Planning to go back next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome time. The food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014Awesome time. The food was EXCELLENT! Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014We had a group of 8 people going to celebrate a birthday. We loved the atmosphere, the music was fun, it was great for a large group. The only part we were not impressed with was the service. Our server rarely came back to the table, he wasn't familiar with the menu items, he forgot to put in an order for one of the menu items we wanted and when I reminded him, it came out after we were done eating. It would've been a much better experience if our server was more attentive. We were also double charged for certain items.Special Features:
- Best Tapas around townSweeatyDined on 3/27/2014To start off Mark was our server in training and he was efficient and fabulous. Everything I ordered was outstanding. You must try the bacon wrap shrimp. Can't wait to go back. The service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group hang out spotSundaeDined on 3/21/2014Had fun with my girls and enjoyed an array of tapas! Drinks were great too but a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing findSusanVIPDined on 2/28/2014Stuck up guests were not very pleasant but the staff at the reception desk handled them well.The menu is not the best for a tapas place,very confusing and have over fifty or more items I have to say the food is more Mexican mediocre food!!However Loca is a great place for Dancing and fun time with a live Latin band and the turn to club after!great place to get away from Crescent Ave hassel since the don't charge at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. But the serversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Great place. But the servers would take a lot of time checking back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphere, great food!TravelQueenDined on 2/20/2014We started coming to Loca Luna since they have live Latin music and dancing on Fridays and Saturdays. We kept coming for the food, lots a tapas that make it easy for us gluten free eaters to have a very nice meal. I especially like their salad with red & golden beets, and the Spanish-style ribs. We frequently go for $2 Taco Thursdays-the pescado (fish) and bistec (beef) tacos are the best! The atmosphere is very casual, and upbeat with salsa and other Latin music styles represented. It can be VERY noisy on Fridays, as many groups come to eat and then stay for dancing. Oh, and they have valet parking on Fridays-it's very busy on the weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEarlyDined on 2/18/2014We all had a great tine. Have not been to Loca Luna in a couple of years. The Tuesday menu has changed. Everything was excellent. No wait for the food to come out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexy latin nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Went here for vday dinner with my husband on a saturday night. We had reservations and were seated quickly. Low lighting, candle on table and latin musicplaying made it very. sexy and fun ! I ordered the chicken skewers and the lamb chops. They were both good, but my lamb chops were not as well done as i wanted,so i sent it back and they fixed it. Overall, ee enjoyed ourselves and would go back!Special Features:
- pleasant hidden gem.SusanVIPDined on 2/5/2014We dined here last Saturday the 8th.We were happy we had a reservation as this place had every seat taking had a few plate to share and everything was great,we were also impressed with the level of service for a Mexican restaurant from the prompt setting to the pleasant service of our server(Nina) the live music was an awesome touch as well!Special Features:
- An alright timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2014The food here is really good. The drinks were not that great, especialy the sangria. However, few places in Atlanta have good sangria. It was pretty dead when we were there so it's a nice place to go if you want to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find in AtlantaMaggieDined on 1/19/2014Absolutely amazing experience. The food was great, drinks were kept full, so many options and energetic atmosphere. Definitely a place I would go back time and time again. The place looks low key from outside with the rest of the shopping center around it closed, but it is worth the venture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and varietyKCCOMMENTSDined on 1/19/2014Menu has a wide variety of tapas. Chicken nachos and bacon wrapped shrimp are very good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodfurgalemDined on 1/18/2014Loca Luna is normally one of my favorite places to go for tapas and good music. The food and atmosphere Is great but it is always crowded. I made a reservation to avoid being stuck standing up and being over crowded at the bar but it took them over half an hour past our reservation to even seat us. Once we got seated it was pretty fast for the most part but they struggled to maintain excellent service throughout the rest of the evening. Overall its a great restaurant but I will definitely try to keep in mind that it is a bar later in the evening to avoid having the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loca Luna Food & Fun!FriendsFoodFunDined on 1/10/2014Really enjoyed my birthday dinner @ Loca Luna! Music was great!Special Features:
- Great atmosphereJgjackVIPDined on 1/3/2014Great atmosphere and Energy, they normally have some live music and the food is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas, Salsa, and Cocktails!amesyfVIPDined on 12/29/2013This restaurant has a well appointed tapas selection, unique cocktails, and delicious mojitos. The service was adequate but not as attentive as I would have preferred for our party, possibly because the restaurant had few seated tables when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013Well, we went back to Loca Luna for the 2nd week in a row, were seated outside (covered & enclosed of course - it's December), and actually got the same sweet waitress, Nina. We were thrilled to have her as our waitress again, and she was excited, too. Tried new items which is always good - they have changed the menu a little bit. Really, really like this restaurant. Again, Great food, Terrific service and just an overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio Party EventFoodFetishistDined on 11/20/2013We had a dozen people for my husband's 40th birthday, and it was wonderful. They created a long table on the covered and perfectly lit patio and kept everything topped up, dishes cleared, and food hot and ready. The salsa band was great, perfect noise level, and very entertaining. We had two smaller children who were enthralled with the singer, and they received mini-maracas! David was fantastic and the food was delicious (particularly the mushrooms, chicken empanada, and risotto). Thanks to all for a memorable birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.