4015 Ruston Way
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Shop South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lobstershop.com/
- Phone: 2537592165
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 1:30pm
Easter Sunday: all day buffet 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Juan Olivares
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two excellent rooms for private parties. Each room can hold up to 40 persons, great for company or family functions. Rooms are available most days and nights of the week. Please call us directly for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Marie Myers (253) 759-2165x
The Lobster Shop restaurants have been operating since 1977, offering some of the Pacific Northwest’s favorite seafood dishes.
The restaurant sits over the waters of Commencement Bay, offering breathtaking views of both Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountain Range.
During the summer months the restaurant offers outdoor dining and with a dock available for boaters, makes for an excellent day getaway.
The Lobster Shop has always been the place where the South Sound loves to celebrate; whether a birthday, anniversary or promotion you just can't beat the atmosphere.
Annually rated by the well known Zagat Survey, the Lobster Shop takes a great deal of pride in making sure that every experience is a memorable one. We look forward to serving you soon.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- A metal tray mealPiwholeDined on 9/12/2014They could have served the potatoes and broccolini on a metal tray and it would have been copacetic. Worst spuds and vegetable I've ever had there, steam table potatoes and cool broccolini, and we've been going to The Lobster Shop for 30 years or so. I've had better 10 oz Australian lobster there so who knows, time of year, handling, cooking??? Our anniversary is the 15th, but that falls on a Monday this year so I wanted to make certain that our options for lobster was optimal, so we went to dinner on the Friday before. Won't bother with that calculation again. Service was a little slow to get started but attentive enough from then on. We'll probably look for another place for the next "special occassion".Special Features:
- great view, great foodladiesnightoutDined on 9/12/2014An excellent evening with out of town guests. all our food was great, and the view is one of the best in TacomaSpecial Features:
- Over doneBowtyDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the Lobster Shop. The scenery and water views were great. The service was good, but the meal itself was over cooked. We had the lobster tails and the turned out to be rubber. I don't think we'll be returning especially for the price you pay for your meal.Special Features:
- Lovely View, Food OKMellyBVIPDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful setting right on the water. Décor is modern and fresh. Waiter was attentive; but busy. When dinner arrived my husband's halibut and mine were room temperature at best. Clearly sat at the pass too long and continued to cook under the lights, so the fish was over cooked. My son's dinner was better; he had the cedar plank sampler, but it too wasn't that hot. He ate it anyway. Waiter was very apologetic and offered to heat up or re-fire. We opted for re-fire. Came out pretty quickly and was cooked nicely. At the end of the night he offered us coupons for free appetizers on our next visit.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!jndndmVIPDined on 9/7/2014Lobser Shop has an outrageous Sunday brunch. Satisfied the appetites of my two sons and husband! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want a great brunch buffetduckie2551Dined on 9/7/2014We went on Sunday to celebrate my hubby's birthday. We made a reservation through Open Table, and our table was ready when we walked in with a beautiful view of the Sound. The food was outstanding. Made-to-order omelets and eggs benedict (not in a warming tray). Good selection at the carving station. Yummy small bite desserts. And cold shrimp, crab legs, salmon and oyster shots. Wonderful cheese tray and salad bar selections. Everything made with highest quality standards. Good value for the price paid.Special Features:
- Should worth more pointsNightoutDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Prices were shown as 30 or less but many items were well above this. Our final bill for two was above $150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceChoicemealDined on 9/5/2014We have enjoyed the Lobster Shop for years. It is one of our favorite places to eat and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, well prepared foodartichoke777Dined on 8/31/2014We went to the Lobster Shop for dinner and were not disappointed. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and decided to have a drink at the bar while we waited. Our table was available after about ten minutes, and they transferred our tab, drinks, and appetizer order to our server. We were sat at a table right in front of the window, and the view here is amazing. The calamari appetizer was perfectly fried, not chewy, although we wished the sauce came on the side (rather than underneath the tower of calamari). My boyfriend ordered the filet and I ordered scallops. Both were well prepared, although my boyfriend's vegetables were undercooked. Our server was really prompt and didn't overdo it. We would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchhappydinersDined on 8/31/2014After being a bit disappointed the last couple of times we had been for brunch, we were very pleasantly surprised at the expanded selection of dishes being presented. My husband was particularly thrilled to see the lox and bagels were back, as well as a couple more favorites. As this is our very favorite place to dine and bring guests in Tacoma, and as long time patrons, we were very happy the improvements!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We ordered from the twilight menu. The choices were great and the food was outstanding. The ambiance, view and service was top notch. Pricing was very reasonable for the quality and portions. We will go again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningHalYesDined on 8/29/2014For no particular reason, we had not been to the Lobster Shop for about 20 years. Decided to take my wife to dinner for her birthday. We found the total experience to be outstanding. The salmon was superb and the service excellent. We will certainly return more frequently.Special Features:
- GREAT FIRST EXPERIENCEWINEDIVADined on 8/29/2014HAD A WONDERFUL FIRST EXPERIENCE HERE FOR MY WIFES BIRTHDAY LUNCH!!! THE WAITER RECOMMENDED THE SHRIMP PO-BOY AND I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER! YUMMY....... MY WIFE HAD A STEAK WHICH WAS DELICIOUS ALSO. THE WAITER WAS FANTASTIC, THE SERVICE PROMPT, AND WE THROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR TIME THERE. I CANT WAIT TO COME BACK!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoritegearhaesDined on 8/27/2014Lobster Shop South always a great experience. I've been coming to this restaurant for special occasions for over 15 years. From my high school graduation, return home from college to visit with the family, to now causal dinning with friends. The food is always made the way you order, tastes fresh and never pre-made. A great bargain is the Twilight hour before 5:30p.m. a 3 course meal for $21. But beyond the food is the ambiance and view of the puget sound and Mount rainier are incredible. The waitstaff and hostess are always nice and polite. Its always a treat to come back!Special Features:
- Kathryn AlvesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Food was amazing. Our server josh was terrific. We had an absolutely wonderful experience. Thank you so very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014This was very disappointing - the food was laid out in a very strange fashion - the tartar and cocktail sauce was after the salads - melted butter next to the clam chowder. Several platters were empty and we had to ask them to be filled. The muffins and cookies looked like they had come from Costco. The wait staff is very nice and attentive. Would not go back
- anniversary dinnershreveclanDined on 8/22/2014We had an enjoyable evening, the food was excellent and our waiter was awesome. He killed a bee that had crawled up the window inside the restaurant. The only issue I had was the flies, I kind of get the fact there is seafood being served and the doors are being opened but they were annoying. Will that stop us from going back....NO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The restaurant was clean and well maintained. The staff was very welcoming. The food was very good. Price range was moderate.would go again if I lived near, or for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sit outsideDolphinaliDined on 8/19/2014We sat outside and the view of Mt. Ranier was spectacular! The Halubut topped with Dungeness crab special was very good and the peach cobbler dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- discriminodineVIPDined on 8/18/201412 of us ate here and everyone left happy; the variety of options was extensive; there were early bird lower priced options and some inventive sauces/toppings for fish. Desserts were also delightful; quantities were also ample and the wine list was generous; the service was quite good for a large party function; all around an excellent choiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Our entire exoerience was terrific. We got held up in traffic and couldn't make our reservation time...called and the gal was very accommodating and just advanced the time. We dined on the balcony and it was awesome! Our waiter was delightful and the food was 5 Star. We definitely will come back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2014One of our favorite places! We love seafood so this is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch2forfoodDined on 8/17/2014The atmosphere, service and food were all fabulous. I would recommend the brunch to anyone for a special occasion. It was our 10th anniversary! The only complaint we had was that some of the hot food was not hot enough, otherwise it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014We were pleasantly surprised to find it sunny and warm enough to dine outside. It was raining at our house when we left for dinner. The food was fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014calamari is the best in all of Washington...food is always excellent...service is greatSpecial Features:
- Fabulous service ViewhungrygirlDined on 8/13/2014The water view & great service made this a wonderful birthday celebration. Two of the three dinners were excellent. The cod fish fry was not up to standards with the parmesan potatoes tasting like they had been sitting in a warming drawer & the fish strong & chewy. When the staff asked if something was wrong with the dinner, I told them the issues. They quickly offered another meal which I did not take. Without a word they took the dinner off the bill & we paid for just the salad I did enjoy. They were very discrete & handled it well. Our wait person was excellent...fun, sweet, & professional. We will return & this time I will order what mom ordered, the fried shrimp. They were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall experienceDinnerGroupDined on 8/13/2014The setting is beautiful. We were in a small group and everyone was over 60-years of age. The seating was comfortable with nice views. The service and food were very good. It was the noise from adjacent groups that made conversation difficult for our table. We would have talked longer but it was challenging being heard, so we departed after a delicious meal and ended up talking for another half hour in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Shop South missing the markSKOVVIPDined on 8/12/2014Our experience for a Tuesday evening was less than expected based on previous visits. Our waiter was slammed, billed us incorrectly and the wrong food was brought to our table. The bartender ran out of agave for one of their signature drinks and the substitute was less than par. The amount of time to get a second round of drinks was almost too late before we decided to leave. Not a great experience this time, will look for other experiences somewhere else in Tacoma next time.
- Family CelebrationFoodLoverDined on 8/12/2014I've been going to the Lobster Shop for many, many years. The menu offers a large variety of seafood, and the view is breathtaking. The food at the Lobster Shop is good--I like it--I don't love it. In my opinion, the food tends to be lacking a little something that would make it fabulous. I have high expectations for expensive restaurants and would like the price of the food to match the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceeatoutVIPDined on 8/11/2014Good food, beautiful view sitting outside, nice decor inside.Special Features:
- impress your out of town gueststiggerDined on 8/10/2014Our "go to" place when we want to take someone to very special place for seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MSuzanne1Dined on 8/10/2014A good brunch with a great water view, pleasant waitstaff, and reasonable price. The best flourless chocolate cake! This is one of our favorite places to take our out of town guests.Special Features:
- Exquisite service and foodolydinersDined on 8/9/2014Joshua, our server, was very attentive and had a great sense of humor. We ate outside to enjoy a gorgeous view of the bay right on the water. When I got chilly, with a simple request, the umbrellas came down and the warm and toasty heat lamps came on. Everything was delicious. Here are the highlights: The lobster bisque soup, as an appetizer, was amazing. If you have room for dessert and you love chocolate the flourless chocolate cake is a must have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOBSTER AND MORELibbyDined on 8/9/2014A group of eight celebrated three birthdays and had a wonderful time. Food, service, and our wait staff were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience.nrbseattleDined on 8/8/2014We visited Lobster Shop South on a Friday night at 7:30pm. We originally had 7:15 reservations however traffic was horrible so we called to let them know and they were very friendly. It wasn't an issue and they continued to hold the reservation for us. The staff was very friendly which is always extremely important to us. The food was good (and that's all). I had the Sea Bass and my wife had the Halibut fish & chips. The Sea Bass had good flavoring but it wasn't very memorable. The Halibut Fish & Chips was pretty good and we would probably order it if we dine again. I would have liked to try the Halibut Oscar and would order that next time. Overall it was a good experience and the views are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic CrablegsRoxiDined on 8/7/2014They may be known for their lobster but I chose the crablegs . . . . delightful! and the desserts were yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectgreatfoodDined on 8/6/2014It was my wife's birthday and this restaurant is always high on our list to eat at. Just a great time at a place that holds a lot of memories.Special Features:
- Awesome service and foodBandBDined on 8/5/2014Been here a few times, of you're in the area and wanna take ur wife to a nice night out Go there, if you're like me and never could find the time with the hectic life of being a parent and traveling professional, this is an awesome place to leave the kids with the neighbors and take the wife to a nice night, I highly encourage itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningJeffDined on 8/4/2014On the spur of the moment my wife and I decided we wanted a waterfront restaurant on a hot summer night, and had a wonderful dinner in a beautiful setting. The calamari was exceptional, and both of us had halibit dishes which were well prepared. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We'll definately be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place and foodOlychickDined on 8/2/2014We had reservations, but the parking lot was gridlocked with cars parking for waterfront activities NOT the restaurant. It was frustrating & made us late for our reservation. Had a bit of a wait, with others being seated before us, who had walked in without a reservation. I asked for an outdoor table, but when we finally were shown to our table, it was indoors. They did move us outdoors when I asked again. Our server was charming & knowledgeable and made good recommendations on food & wine. Shared lobster bruschetta, which was great. We both had the scallop dinner; it was delicious. While not a very authentic tasting risotto, the wild mushroom one accompanying the scallops was quite tasty. I'll return! All in all, a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.