4015 Ruston Way
Tacoma, WA 98402Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Shop South
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lobstershop.com/
- Phone: (253) 759-2165
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 1:30pm
Easter Sunday: all day buffet 8:30am - 6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Juan Olivares
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two excellent rooms for private parties. Each room can hold up to 40 persons, great for company or family functions. Rooms are available most days and nights of the week. Please call us directly for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Marie Myers (253) 759-2165x
The Lobster Shop restaurants have been operating since 1977, offering some of the Pacific Northwest’s favorite seafood dishes.
The restaurant sits over the waters of Commencement Bay, offering breathtaking views of both Mount Rainier and the Olympic Mountain Range.
During the summer months the restaurant offers outdoor dining and with a dock available for boaters, makes for an excellent day getaway.
The Lobster Shop has always been the place where the South Sound loves to celebrate; whether a birthday, anniversary or promotion you just can't beat the atmosphere.
Annually rated by the well known Zagat Survey, the Lobster Shop takes a great deal of pride in making sure that every experience is a memorable one. We look forward to serving you soon.
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
- Awesome experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/25/2014This was my wife birthday dinner so I had requested a view table. The host wished her a happy birthday when we were seated and our server also made her feel special on this evening. The service and food was awesome. We both enjoyed this dinning experience and will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, Again!EatingOutagainDined on 11/23/2014My friend and I do monthly brunch. This month we went to Lobster Shop. We loved it. She said let's come back here. We had another person with us who went back 4 times! I was so glad she was pleased with my choice. I had Lox--excellent, with all the fixings, a slice of good rare beef and an excellent mini egg pie--not quiche, although that's what they called it. My friend had an omelet, ham, crab, and some sausage. Our friend ate from every choice over the 2 hr visit. Including shrimp and crab I'm too lazy to hull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early bird dinner!GeorgeDined on 11/21/2014I have eaten at Lobster Shops for decades. The food has always been good, and the service great. I have their salmon when we have the early bird dinner, and it's delicious....never dry, or overcooked. They also have a great happy hour, which has a packed house, so get there early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Shop Rocks!Chloe99Dined on 11/20/2014The lobster shop is an amazing restaurant! Excellent food, ambiance, view... It doesn't get any better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for dadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We arrived and my 89 year old dad was greeted with Happpy Birthday. The wait staff were excellent/knowledgable/friendly. The menu choices and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- DelishRedHopeCDined on 11/16/2014Went to the Lobster Shop to celebrate our son's 18th birthday. Wow. The food was incredible. The crab legs were steamed perfectly: moist without being wet and easy to get the meat out. We visited the buffet several times and ate at our own pace- a good 2 hours long. Didn't feel rushed, was taken care of well by two servers. A good celebratory meal. Only downside was we were stuck around a corner with the other larger parties, so it was a bit of a tight fit. I'd go back with a smaller crowd to get a better table at the front.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place ever!VeronicaRDined on 11/15/2014The first time I went to the lobster shop was for lunch with a friend it was during the summer and we say outside. The view was just amazing and so was the service so I decided to take my husband for dinner a few months later. He is a very hard 'food' pleaser. He absolutely loved it! The food was everything I talked it up to be and so was the service . Thank you so much for the awesome get away dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super food in a foodie region of Washington.WilliamDined on 11/14/2014Another good night at this restaurant. This was a repeat visit for us and we will continue to visit whenever we can. Great service from a staff that is knowledgeable about the food and drinks they are presenting. The salmon was terrific. I had the mussels as an appetizer and they are the best in the region; believe me, I sample a lot of them wherever we go. My wife had the lobster linguine dish and she loved it. Please go and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite as advertisedBruncher5Dined on 11/2/2014We found the brunch lacking in some advertised foods such as a waffle bar and Asian selections. We also thought the food was lukewarm at best and the desserts were not kept chilled. The waitress was attentive and effecient We found the food lacking in advertised items such as a waffle bar and Asian items. We also thought the food was lukewarm at best and the desserts were not kept chilled. The waitress however was attentive, efficient and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- WonderfulGingerDined on 10/26/2014Had a lovely meal with our family. Excellent fish and steaks, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening OutsamiamDined on 10/24/2014My husband surprised me with dinner out for our anniversary. It has been two years (since our son was born) that we went out on an actual date night. We tried a couple restaurants on 6th ave. in Tacoma but without reservations (which we didn't think to make) there was no way we were getting seating. So we decided to try the Lobster Shop. We made reservations online on the way there. Arrived early and were immediately seated. The staff went above and beyond to make our experience special. The food was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. We will be going back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceWilliamDined on 10/10/2014Outstanding restaurant. Great food(seafood)and knowledgeable friendly service. If you like mussels then get the starter portion. Absolutely the best I have had in this area. I went for the Halibut as my main course and the chef whipped up some Indian inspired spices that did a victory dance in my mouth. Absolutely great. My wife went for the beet salad as the starter(red and gold beets) and the lobster carbonara. She is Italian and she loved this dish. A major victory for the restaurant. The service was super. Ask for Courtney and you will find a person who is very friendly and really knows what is on the menu. Will visit this restaurant again in the very near future. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itRahmedineDined on 10/5/2014I would def recommend the Sunday brunch, especially if you have picky eaters in your group. I loved the crab legs, salmon and omelette bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was exceptionalSoundFoodieDined on 10/5/2014We enjoyed a lovely buffet brunch. The food choices were endless and the food quality was exceptional. I had the best French toast I've ever had, and I've had a lot of french toast in my life, so that is saying something! My son especially enjoyed the chocolate fountain. We had made to order eggs Benedict which was very good. They serve a decent Bloody Mary. The service was impeccable, especially during a busy Sunday brunch service. The view is beautiful and the seating is very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE UNUSUALLY EXCESSIVEMikeDined on 10/4/2014Noise level was extreme - could not hear the person next to us. Service was incredibly poor. I am a very patient person, however, the time it took to get even a cup of coffee, or a refill took "forever". Waitress blamed everything (slowness) on the cook. Waitress was highly nonresponsive. This was supposed to be a special night - 80th birthday for my wife - had asked for seating with a good view - didn't really get what I expected, even though reservations were made early. To summarize, I would not recommend your restaurant to anyone. Highly disappointed.
- Good choice for special occasionLike2dineDined on 10/4/2014We had fish choices from the daily menu, Sea Bass and Halabit. Both were very good. Service was also very good. Nice night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twilight MenuBarryDined on 10/1/2014My wife and I ordered off the twilight menu that is available until 6 pm. She ordered the prawns and I had the cedar planked salmon. This came with a very tasty lobster bisque and I ordered the flourless chocolate cake for desert. The service was prompt and the waiter was attentive. The food was good but nothing to get excited over. My brocollini was very tough and not real warm but the salmon was quite tasty. My wife enjoyed her prawns. All in all, it was a good dinner but certainly not "great". The view is always nice and the Lobster shop has reupholstered the booths which adds to the appearance of the interior which needed an upgrade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful brunch experiencelove2eatDined on 9/28/2014We went to the brunch for our first time and it was fantastic. The food selection was outstanding and was cooked excellent. We have decided it needs to be at least a once a month dining experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kctassDined on 9/26/2014Server was pleasant, but missed a lot of opportunities. Check backs were slow, coffee refill lukewarm, melted butter cold. Food was good and the view is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & nice atmosphereLindaVIPDined on 9/25/2014The shrimp po boy sandwiches were excellent as was the clam chowder but the crab louie was a major disappointment especially for the price. Very little crab...puny salad...Special Features:
- Nice Place, Nice View, Good FoodColinDined on 9/22/2014The menu was good choice, obviously predmoninantly fish. We had excellent lobster and hallibut. The Clam Chowder was particularly enjoyable. The only downside was the two nearby tables of elderly Harley-Davison fanatics who were in town for a rally and were carrying on loud conversations between tables; not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:
- JR76Dined on 9/22/2014Early dinner for a special ocassion. Pleasant expierence.Special Features:
- Outstanding!RCarterDined on 9/21/2014Everything exceeded our expectations, highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ruston Way DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014Sunset dinning on Ruston Way. GREAT water view with very good service. Food was well prepared and delivered in a pleasing fashion. For a Friday night at 7:30 it was not crowded. Appetizer, drinks, salads, main course and deserts ran $210 for 3 persons. We will be back.Special Features:
- HappydinerHappydinerDined on 9/16/2014We always consider going to the Lobster Shop for any kind of occasion because we've always had excellent service, wonderful views, and outstanding food every time we've been there. The wine list and bar have extensive selections to satisfy almost any request. Our server Justin actually listened to our requests to take our time and savor the ambiance and food by keeping the timing slower and not feeling the least bit rushed. It's a great location to spend ones 53rd wedding anniversary!Special Features:
- Brunchfdru22VIPDined on 9/14/2014We've been already several times at the Lobster Shop but this was the first time for their Sunday brunch. It was great. Definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A metal tray mealPiwholeDined on 9/12/2014They could have served the potatoes and broccolini on a metal tray and it would have been copacetic. Worst spuds and vegetable I've ever had there, steam table potatoes and cool broccolini, and we've been going to The Lobster Shop for 30 years or so. I've had better 10 oz Australian lobster there so who knows, time of year, handling, cooking??? Our anniversary is the 15th, but that falls on a Monday this year so I wanted to make certain that our options for lobster was optimal, so we went to dinner on the Friday before. Won't bother with that calculation again. Service was a little slow to get started but attentive enough from then on. We'll probably look for another place for the next "special occassion".Special Features:
- great view, great foodladiesnightoutDined on 9/12/2014An excellent evening with out of town guests. all our food was great, and the view is one of the best in TacomaSpecial Features:
- Over doneBowtyDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our anniversary at the Lobster Shop. The scenery and water views were great. The service was good, but the meal itself was over cooked. We had the lobster tails and the turned out to be rubber. I don't think we'll be returning especially for the price you pay for your meal.Special Features:
- Lovely View, Food OKMellyBVIPDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful setting right on the water. Décor is modern and fresh. Waiter was attentive; but busy. When dinner arrived my husband's halibut and mine were room temperature at best. Clearly sat at the pass too long and continued to cook under the lights, so the fish was over cooked. My son's dinner was better; he had the cedar plank sampler, but it too wasn't that hot. He ate it anyway. Waiter was very apologetic and offered to heat up or re-fire. We opted for re-fire. Came out pretty quickly and was cooked nicely. At the end of the night he offered us coupons for free appetizers on our next visit.Special Features:
- Great for brunch!jndndmVIPDined on 9/7/2014Lobser Shop has an outrageous Sunday brunch. Satisfied the appetites of my two sons and husband! Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want a great brunch buffetduckie2551Dined on 9/7/2014We went on Sunday to celebrate my hubby's birthday. We made a reservation through Open Table, and our table was ready when we walked in with a beautiful view of the Sound. The food was outstanding. Made-to-order omelets and eggs benedict (not in a warming tray). Good selection at the carving station. Yummy small bite desserts. And cold shrimp, crab legs, salmon and oyster shots. Wonderful cheese tray and salad bar selections. Everything made with highest quality standards. Good value for the price paid.Special Features:
- Should worth more pointsNightoutDined on 9/6/2014Enjoyed our dinner. Prices were shown as 30 or less but many items were well above this. Our final bill for two was above $150.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceChoicemealDined on 9/5/2014We have enjoyed the Lobster Shop for years. It is one of our favorite places to eat and enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view, well prepared foodartichoke777Dined on 8/31/2014We went to the Lobster Shop for dinner and were not disappointed. We arrived a few minutes early for our reservation and decided to have a drink at the bar while we waited. Our table was available after about ten minutes, and they transferred our tab, drinks, and appetizer order to our server. We were sat at a table right in front of the window, and the view here is amazing. The calamari appetizer was perfectly fried, not chewy, although we wished the sauce came on the side (rather than underneath the tower of calamari). My boyfriend ordered the filet and I ordered scallops. Both were well prepared, although my boyfriend's vegetables were undercooked. Our server was really prompt and didn't overdo it. We would definitely eat here again!Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchhappydinersDined on 8/31/2014After being a bit disappointed the last couple of times we had been for brunch, we were very pleasantly surprised at the expanded selection of dishes being presented. My husband was particularly thrilled to see the lox and bagels were back, as well as a couple more favorites. As this is our very favorite place to dine and bring guests in Tacoma, and as long time patrons, we were very happy the improvements!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We ordered from the twilight menu. The choices were great and the food was outstanding. The ambiance, view and service was top notch. Pricing was very reasonable for the quality and portions. We will go again in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningHalYesDined on 8/29/2014For no particular reason, we had not been to the Lobster Shop for about 20 years. Decided to take my wife to dinner for her birthday. We found the total experience to be outstanding. The salmon was superb and the service excellent. We will certainly return more frequently.Special Features:
- GREAT FIRST EXPERIENCEWINEDIVADined on 8/29/2014HAD A WONDERFUL FIRST EXPERIENCE HERE FOR MY WIFES BIRTHDAY LUNCH!!! THE WAITER RECOMMENDED THE SHRIMP PO-BOY AND I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER! YUMMY....... MY WIFE HAD A STEAK WHICH WAS DELICIOUS ALSO. THE WAITER WAS FANTASTIC, THE SERVICE PROMPT, AND WE THROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR TIME THERE. I CANT WAIT TO COME BACK!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoritegearhaesDined on 8/27/2014Lobster Shop South always a great experience. I've been coming to this restaurant for special occasions for over 15 years. From my high school graduation, return home from college to visit with the family, to now causal dinning with friends. The food is always made the way you order, tastes fresh and never pre-made. A great bargain is the Twilight hour before 5:30p.m. a 3 course meal for $21. But beyond the food is the ambiance and view of the puget sound and Mount rainier are incredible. The waitstaff and hostess are always nice and polite. Its always a treat to come back!Special Features: