Lobster Pot Bistro
478 Mandalay Ave
Clearwater Beach, FL 33767Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Pot Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lobsterpotbistro.com/
- Phone: (727) 446-8809 ext. 302
- Hours of Operation:
7 DAYS: 11:30 am - 11 PM, LOUNGE STAYS OPEN LATER ....... Closed Christmas & NY Day
We feature live jazz entertainment from local area favorites with special appearances by artists from around the world. Resort casual.
Steak/seafood/pasta & Chicken dishes - large appetizer menu & Gluten Free Options and pleasing Childrens Menu
Martini Lounge is a delight
Special event catering onsite or offsite available.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Z
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact management for more information. Both Private Parties on-site and off-site catering available.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer Private Banquets and the hottest spot on the beach for Wedding Contact Management for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Sheri 7274468809x
- Entertainment: We feature LIVE MUSIC from local area favorites with special appearances by recording artists from around the country.
- Special Events: Clearwater Beach Restaurant week
Taste of Clearwater,
After party location for Clearwater Jazz Holiday and Suncoast Jazz Festivals
- Cross Street: Baymont
- Public Transit: The Jolly Trolley & PSTA Trolley both stop at our restaurant. Be safe and enjoy the ride! The Jolly Trolley covers all of Clearwater beach from Tarpon Springs, Downtown Clearwater and runs every 20 minutes. Just tell the driver you want to go to The Lobster Pot Bistro and he'll let you know when to get off!
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There are 3 public lots within 2 blocks, plus plenty of street parking, metered until 6 pm. $5 for optional Valet on weekends.
A word from Lobster Pot Bistro
A favorite of the locals, The Lobster Pot Bistro offers a great place for food, and live music & lobsters as we have been voted "BEST ENTREE" (2013) and "BEST APPETIZER" at the Taste of Clearwater & Clearwater Restaurant Week and voted "BEST LOBSTER" by Tampa Bay Magazine. Creative appetizers. From award winning seafood entrees, steak, and pasta PLUS the BEST Burger on the beach something for everyone. Conveniently located between the Hilton Resort and the Sand Pearl Resort on North Clearwater Beach and 1/2 block to the beach. Live jazz in the lounge Thurs-Sun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Lobster Pot Bistro - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Lobster Pot Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Choosing the Lobster Pot Bistro for an evening with the ladies, we were thrilled with the setting, menu, drink selection and service. The food was amazing, and we were told that the chef is a recent transplant from Manhattan. He brought the best of the Big Apple with him! We had so much fun that our husbands decided to join us, after completing their business meeting at another restaurant. We stayed for more than an hour with them, and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! It is a wonderful place to go and you will not be disappointed by anything! Don't be afraid to ask your server about how the dish is prepared, or how to get a drink that may not be on the menu. They are extremely accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantabalous nite for romanceOneLuckyManDined on 9/26/2014To quote Van Morrison, looking forward to the next time! hope it's sooner than later,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Pot BistroGerryDined on 9/15/2014Were missing the Lobster Pot in Redington, so drove up to Clearwater Beach. Everything was fine, but we were hoping to get South African lobster tail. Server was attentive in the tradition of the Lobster Pot.
- Christian our serverPerfection2DineDined on 9/5/2014We were greeted very nicely by the restaurant. The parking valet was a super gentleman and the hostess was very glad to see us. We were able to pick our table of 4, which had a nice view of the street, great for people watching. Christian was our server, he did a wonderful job! We had South African Rock Lobster tails, which are the best. The other couple had mussels and the pork chop, which were very good. Nice wine selection as well. Music from the bar was a little loud, but our table was far enough away not to be a distraction. Great dining experience, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The staff at Lobster Pot Bistro were fantastic! Great recommendations, extremely well versed on the menu and very capable when making suggestions. The food was done perfectly and everthing was well worth the price.Special Features:
- FantasticAwesomeDined on 8/31/2014Everything was perfect the food, atmosphere, and the drinks it was all around a great experience. I will be returning very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLewisDined on 8/30/2014In Clearwater looking for something with in walking distance of hotel found this place. Food was excellent, great waiter, knowledgable-explained dishes, great jazz playing in other room not too loud. Would go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roz and TeeRozandTeeDined on 8/10/2014We were seated and looking at the menu and a table of 12(with 5 of them youth-who were behaving as kids do and the family doesn't do nothing about it(because they are having fun). We got up and moved to the back and just decided to leave-due to aggrevation. It ruined my birthday dinner. We came back after we finished eating at another place and listened to Pepper and Thyme.Special Features:
- Dreadful PlaceDavidBVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was very ordinary, perhaps think Denny's quality but the price was more in line with a nice upscale restaurant which this is not. The service was pathetic and the ambiance leaves a lot to be desired. Stay away....
- Bland experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014I had the steamed lobster (1 1/2 lb). Husband had NY strip. Steak was tough. Lobster was fine. Prices were good. Went here for the lobster. The place was nearly empty at 7:00. Waitstaff were nice. Overall the place didn't offer much to recommend.
- The following 156 reviews are from the Lobster Pot Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014The food was great, I really didn't like their corn friatta's. Due to it being a small plaace the noise level was very loud. Joel was great!!!Special Features:
- The IntimidatorJM106Dined on 7/20/2014The place was extremely loud! Not enjoyable, disorganized, and unpleasant. The server and manager were very intimidating and rude. They stood in close proximity and stared me down while I was signing the check and writing a tip. They would not leave me alone. Just sat there about a foot away from myself and girlfriend. It was very awkward. Never had a manager and a server stand in front of me, in my personal space while staring me down why talking about the tip in an effort to make sure I left a tip to their satisfaction, or ensure I did. Will never go back.
- Horrible foodClearwaterDined on 7/1/2014This was the worst meal I have had in a long time. Run, do not walk away from this restaurant.
- could be bettermartieVIPDined on 6/23/2014Each step of the process lacked. I was the only customer for lunch and entered to an empty room, with no employee to greet me until I banged on the kitchen door. The waiter provided the lunch menu, containing no lobster. I chose as best I could. When I was almost finished eating, I asked to see the dinner menu and was told then that I could have ordered from it. He seemed to start a conversation, asking me where I came from, and responded to my answer with no follow-up.Special Features:
- CubsDined on 6/20/2014I was disappointed to see half of the small the small dining area was blocked off by a black curtain due to a private party. I reserved on line & if I knew a private party would be there, I would have changed the date for a different day. The overall beauty of the restaurant was hidden. In addition our server was not very attentive. My seafood was outstanding HOWEVER when coffee was requested, INSTANT coffee was served vs. fresh brewed...yuck. Paying $3 for a cup of instant coffee in a nice restaurant was very disappointing & I feel that was a hustle to make more $$$ for an inadequate product. It was returned needless to say. The bar area & entertainment was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible FoodRoseDined on 5/31/2014The lobster was okay, and I was not sure if this was my filet mignon or a tasteless hamburgerSpecial Features:
- Expectations not quite metOHFoodLoverDined on 5/25/2014The waiter was friendly, but not overly attentive. The Caesar salads seemed mass-produced with pre-packaged croutons and too much dressing. Our entrees were good, but the seafood selections (lobster pot and lobster tail dinner) were small for the price; sides were nothing special at all, just steamed veggies and mashed potatoes. The chicken Parmesan was overcooked and greasy -- my mother didn't complain but clearly did not enjoy her meal. The best dishes were the lobster mac and cheese and the blue crab manicotti, which were creamy and had good portions of seafood. Things just seemed to be consistently short of excellent, but the check reflected what should have been a spectacular meal.
- No late diningrojo2000Dined on 4/24/2014We were looking for a place to eat at about 10:30 PM and OpenTable showed available reservations. When we arrived, they were not serving any food and only the bar was open. Everybody there was dancing. They should change their system to not take dining reservations at this hour.Special Features:
- Good food, quiet restauranthappyeaterDined on 4/20/2014We went for lunch on Easter and we were the only table for the majority of our time there. That makes for an odd ambiance. The food was good. The majority of the group got lobster rolls which were quite tasty and the fries were delicious. Good shrimp cocktail and mimosas. The lobster flatbread was bland with too much cheese. Fish tacos were good as well. Would like to try again when there's more going on in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food reasonably pricedKristeDined on 4/18/2014Glad we had reservations because it is small. Not for kids.Special Features:
- A Great Lobster FeastlobsteraficionadoDined on 4/5/2014In our estimation, few restaurants provide the quality and diversity of fresh sea food--particularly lobster dishes--that the Lobster Pot Bistro offers. It is superbly prepared and served in a professional manner. The setting compliments the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Pot - a Pot o'Goldseamus249Dined on 3/31/2014This was our second visit and we were as impressed as the first time. It is on the main road, but a hidden gem. It was not crowded so service was wonderful. Henry was very attentive to us and recommended great items on the menu. all item were fresh, flavorful and cooked to perfection. A must for seafood lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findLittlelinVIPDined on 3/29/2014We enjoyed a fabulous lunch at this awesome spot on a rainy Saturday. Everything was fresh and the lobster sandwich outstanding. The ambience was awesome and Christian our waiter was excellent. Although it was daytime it looked like an excellent place to return too for evening food and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster lobster lobsterGGGGDined on 3/25/2014If you decide on this restaurant, you have to order lobster. They know how to make lobster! Everything else is "ok." But with the prices they slap on their menu, you'll be disappointed with the steaks and sad to have spent so much on it. Stick to what they are good at and overload on lobster. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try Something NewcrobVIPDined on 3/22/2014We tried this on our 4th visit to Clearwater Beach. You enter the bar which was pretty busy and the dining room is off to the side. We were concerned that the dining room was not crowded but as soon as the food and drink arrived, we knew we had nothing to worry about. The seafood was very fresh and everything tasted great. The wine list was affordable with many options. We will go back the next time we are in town!
- Go to Bob Heilman's!KlinePtaszekDined on 3/18/2014Our group of 4 wanted to have a nice dinner for our last night out. I made reservations for Lobster Pot in Clearwater Beach based on a previous visit to the Reddington Beach location and remembering how good my dinner had been on that visit, made the recommendation for this trip BOY WAS I DISAPPOINTED. 3 in our party ordered the surf & turf. The South African lobster tails were delicious! But of the 3 steaks, all 3 were overcooded, 2 overcooked to the point of not being able to eat them. Our waiter was par at best. We were not offered bread while waiting for our food. Did not check back once our entree's were served. When he did return he did agree to remove my steak charge. Next time we'll be going to Bob Heilmans.
- Great PlacecotrainerDined on 3/8/2014This was a very nice place for an evening out. The music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014Absolutely gorgeous restaurant! Outstanding Food and service! Lobster Mac & Cheese was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tight quarters & lack of waterDeanaDined on 3/7/2014The seating arrangement felt as if I was going to see a fortune teller, service was hard to find, lacked water refills and overall attentiveness
- ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2014We had been there a year ago and thought it was great. This year, we felt that the prices had gone up, and we weren't that impressed overall. We had to pay extra for salads. That had formerly been included, and added to the overall price. Two of our party were going to order the single lobster tail, which we had had before, and they didn't have any. Then, why is it on the menu. Plus it is very noisy. We're not sure that we will go back again, especially when there are so many restaurants to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/15/2014This was our first time dining at this restaurant. My wife's seafood tasted "fishy," apparently not fresh. The salads had much too much dressing. The overall presentation was unappealing. The waiter was inept. He never offered me a second glass of wine; after I finished eating he brought a second glass that I did not request. He said the bartender must have been confused and took the glass away. We were never offered dessert or coffee, just the check after finishing our entrees. We will not return and would not recommend.
- Our experienceLuv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Food was good.. Menu selection leave a bit to be desired .. And our service was horrible.. Took us 2 hours to eat..and 20 mins for drinks.. Waiter didn't bring bread with water..I will never recommend this restaurant to anyone and we will never be back..Special Features:
- Disappointing for first visit.BKB4EverDined on 2/14/2014Was a bad night overall, wanted to take my wife to a nice Jazz restaurant. Some of the artist were late, took 40 mins to start. We wanted to be seated near the music, but didn't really like the high tables. We were first placed in the corner, but asked to be moved after constantly being bumped by bartender having to squeeze his way through to get drinks. We were highly disappointed, because my wife is pregnant so she's picky on her foods and knew prior to coming what she wanted to order. The menu was only a select menu and there was no type of prior notice of these changes. Drove two hours so we stayed. Issue in the kitchen so the food took around 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Received 5 green beans and 3 carrots for veggies. We made the best of it!Special Features:
- Valentines HeartbreakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I thought we would try this resturant for Valentine's Day. We arrived 45 minutes early & we had 2 glasses of wine at the bar, we were thrilled with our bartender, the atmosphere and wine choices. We were really looking forward to dinner after our great experience at the bar. Our waiter was slow, it took 30 minutes for bread to come out, 25 minutes for our appetizer and over an hour for our food which was cold upon arrival. I had to ask 3 times for a glass of water, it was never refilled once I finally got it. The whole process was a mess!! I would NEVER eat here again! $200 for food and a bottle of wine was extremely ridiculous in exchange for the service and quality we received. Steer clear!!Special Features:
- Great ServiceDOCSVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great Service on a busy Valentine's Day night. Our waitress did a fabulous job and made our evening memorable. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not actually opensimonepdxDined on 2/12/2014I can't review this restaurant, because when we showed up for our late evening reservation, the restaurant was closed, even though the reservation was accepted and confirmed. Please ensure that restaurants give Open Table their correct hours. It was quite late; we were starving after a full day of travel, and driving out to the place we "found" only for it to not be serving was frustrating and disappointing.
- FantabulousMaryMacDined on 2/8/2014I truly enjoyed my evening out with my husband. The music was great and the food was delicious. I had South African Lobster tail and my husband had the salmon. Both were very tasty. The music just made my night. I could sing along with ALL of the songs. It was definitely the best part of my evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good. The nightPatDDined on 2/1/2014Food was very good. The night we went there were only about a half dozen other people in the restaurant, so the service was very attentive. Tables are close together but have curtains hanging between so you have a little more sense of privacy. The only drawback was the bar with some loud conversations & music that took away from the ambience of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great escargotkco45VIPDined on 1/13/2014Had escargot, which was great, and crab cakes, which were good. Beer was ice cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LobsterDinerDined on 12/31/2013Noisy, but not unpleasant due to live bands and lively bar. Great lobster although pricey. I loved the ambiance and would have given higher rating save for three minor drawbacks which may be more important to me than for you. A very average salad was served for an upper scale restaurant, one I could get at a Denny's, and near frozen rock hard butter is served with the rolls. I know this is common but I never understood why restaurants pay so little attention to such a small detail. Server was pleasant but always placed the wrong order in front of the wrong person. Probably wouldn't have noticed if it didn't happen every time he came to the table. I gave one less star than it deserves due to value. For the price I can get more elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.