Lobster Bar Sea Grille
450 E. Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Bar Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/lobster-bar-sea-grille/
- Phone: 9547722675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Pfeiffer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Enjoy pristine seafood, live lobsters and prime steaks in a fresh, upscale casual atmosphere at Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Filled with modern-contemporary nautical touches, the experience will leave you feeling like you have just dined on a luxury yacht. Beautiful tiled archways and custom lighting give the dining room a more intimate feel, while the lounge’s vibrant U-shaped bar and channel-back seating welcomes guests to relax and dine with friends and colleagues. The fully covered patio with cushioned furniture is ideal for cocktails and light outdoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Lobster Bar Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Lobster Bar Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)fit for foodies (91)hot spot (77)romantic (65)vibrant bar scene (65)good for groups (56)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (54)great for lunch (24)late-night find (15)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- SUDRESUDREDined on 9/19/2014In my many years in the area it is far away the best restaurant I ever founded for sea food and grilled fish. To whom that love crab cake. For sure the Lobster Bar Sea Grille have the best one in Florida. I strong recomend the Lobster Bar Sea GrilleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, fantastic, superbMitchVIPDined on 9/19/2014What a surprise to find such an upscale, excellent food and service restaurant that we haven't been to yet. This was a very enjoyable evening to say the least. A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomersJennao57Dined on 9/13/2014Get the octopus appetizer. Just do it. Outstanding service - they really know the menu.
- reservations mean nothingaoxomoxoaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Don't worry about arriving on time for your reservation because you will always have to wait a minimum of 30 min before you are seated. We've eaten here several times & its always the same song & dance. I'd prefer that they just admit that they want you to spend money at their bar. Either that or they just don't know how to run a restaurant. Service is good....food above average. Just be prepared to wait.
- Always a winner!FantasticDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated our son's 18th birthday there and it could not have been better! Definitely get the seafood tower! The fish is absolutely the best in town-minimally prepared and tastes so clean and fresh!!Special Features:
- excellentframDined on 9/12/2014our first time--we were impressed--food was cooked perfectly - very few restaurants cook fish well--too many over cook it. service excellent.Special Features:
- Great seafood0to60in4VIPDined on 9/11/2014Food and service exceeded expectation. Excellent bar scene and evening late night place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDaveVIPDined on 9/11/2014Great experience! Wonderful service, and food was outstanding!Special Features:
- AmazingLobsterBuddyDined on 9/10/2014I must say, I had a great time with me family. The food was so delicious and the waiters were top notch. I went on a Wednesday and had such a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaddoversoleDined on 9/10/2014The Dover sole was not prepared well it was greasy and over cooked to the point of it being difficult to cut into a for the price you can not substitute sides is also surprising the provide side again was tasteless and did not go with the sole. The fact I was entertaing two guests made me refrain from returning the meal.Special Features:
- Always greatEJlovefoodVIPDined on 9/8/2014The lobster bar never disappoints Great food , service atmosphere All make for a grat evening ThanksSpecial Features:
- great restaurantnounouVIPDined on 9/7/2014AS USUAL, WONDERFUL STAFF, PROFESSIONAL VERY GOOD QUALITY OF FOOD NICE RESTAURANTSpecial Features:
- NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is excellent. Unfortunately, the restaurant is extremely noisy and it was difficult to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed every minute98563214VIPDined on 9/6/2014Dined Saturday, September 6th with another couple. We all enjoyed our meal selections, Fried lobster tail, whole snapper and lamb chops along with sides. We were all impressed with how delicious the entrees were and would definitely be back again.Special Features:
- @nd Time HereEdwardDined on 9/3/2014Excellent food, really good service. Kimberly was wonderful. This place is another slice of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A superb fish restaurantDinerDined on 9/3/2014One of the best places to go in South Florida for fish and lobster. The restaurant is constantly good and although expensive it is worth the prices charged. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACEtallyhoVIPDined on 8/31/2014From the decor to the food, Lobster Bar is top notch in its food and service. The surf and turf was amazing and the 49 dollar tasting menu offers many selections. The octopus salad is great. Service was personable and prompt. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!DisappointingVIPDined on 8/31/2014This time we went for the $49 special dinner. All was delicious and portions were quite large. We truly enjoyed the food, ambience and friendly, professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstanding!FloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thank you for a great evening out! We truly enjoyed our dinner as well as the outstanding service. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014If you desire remarkable seafood this is the place?service, hospitality, and decor are top notch . Try the branzino.prepared so simply but totally delicious. Same for calamari, dorado, in fact everything is a winner right down to the passion fruit sorbet.Special Features:
- fantastic dinnernicolasDined on 8/28/2014Amazing octopus, and grated oysters, incredible salted cooked snapper I will go back many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting betterMonicaBVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was expecting to be wowed and was not. I did like the atmosphere, very downtown chic. It was my husband, myself and our 12 year old son, we were placed next to the kitchen. They made an assumption. I'm also guessing they place the less experienced servers in the back, too. The food was OK. My white fish was served on white rice with a pale sauce. I can do that at home. My son and I ordered from the tasting menu and dessert was included, a nice way to taste several things. Our server served the dessert and never even asked or presented a dessert menu for my husband. It will be a long time before I will be able to get my husband to go back there. Not worth the hype, at least not our night.Special Features:
- like a grotto in romepdeveloperDined on 8/22/2014i must have taken ten pictures of the tiled ceiling and arches ...... great atmostphere, really hopping at the bar. And the food was out of this world. Just a little loud, the tile bounces everybody's sound around a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/22/2014Amazing service and the good was fantastic. I would recommend a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuParty4blueDined on 8/21/2014This was the first visit for a special occasion. I recommend that management make enhancements or changes to the menu. The quality of the food was not the best. The lobster was overcooked and tough, it lacked flavor even with the choice of a sauce. The steak was dry. The only thing that was delicious was the glass of wine I ordered and the dessertSpecial Features:
- OverratedC4urselfDined on 8/20/2014Recommended by a friend I went to this restaurant with an out-of-town guest and was disappointed. Had the Ahi Tuna Carpaccio as an appetizer. That was great! Had the lobster tail for dinner, when you consider the price it did not meet expectations.
- Exccellent RestaurantJudiVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful meal here. Quality of the food was outstanding and presentation was excellent too. Our Server Swannee was attentive, knowledgeable of the menu items, and always around when we needed her or had a question for her. Restaurant itself, which is in the location of the old Jackson's Steakhouse was redone inside to be more modern and more attractive. However, only negative was the noise level -- they need better acoustics. But it won't stop us from going there again.Special Features:
- Great for business diningRobertKDined on 8/18/2014Lobster Bar is one of the best places to take clients for a lunch and or dinner. Special family occasions are good here too. It's a little too noisy for a romantic dinner. The service is impeccable and prompt. The food is consistently very good. Good selection on the menu with a nice wine list. It impresses your guests for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodJennao57Dined on 8/16/2014The food here is absolutely amazing!!! I am not a big fan of lobster but I loved it here! I will definitely be returning. Also, the halibut with risotto is definitely a must try! Could not find one thing on the menu that I wouldn't want to try. Appetizer - Try the char-grilled octopus.. Sounds interesting but it is absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- AventuradinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014I'm a local and it was our first time there. I remember when it was Jackson's and it sat empty during the recession. They really did a great job with the renovations and decor. Our server was friendly, very hospitable and when my steak was a bit undercooked for my taste, they quickly added more fire till it was perfect. I appreciated that. We are not desert eaters in general but the profiteroles were worth the added calories! I highly recommend it and look forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mininna33Dined on 8/8/2014Loved it sooo much! The food was delicious and service impeccable and the ambiance was perfect. The place is so beautifully decorated, it's a must go. Will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMimosaDined on 8/8/2014Service is Great Food Excellent ! MY sever was Knowledgeable and Attentive . Host knew it was My fiancé Birthday and he made us feel special . I love the I think the 5lb lobster was a little to much but delicious and fresh from the sea .Special Features:
- Great ChoiceEdwardDined on 8/8/2014Picked this place because of ratings posted to Open Table. We were not disappointed. The food was great and Kimberly, our server, was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeDFWSGJDined on 8/6/2014Excellent service from the bar to the exit door. Consider the flash fried South African Lobster out of the shell, as an appetizer. Absolutely delicious. The portion is huge. Followed this with a shared bone in rib eye steak cooked to perfection. Two hungry men and had to get a to- go box. Our waiter was amazing.Special Features:
- Pros and Cons, lobster feastMarineFoodieDined on 8/5/2014If we had been seated on time and didn't order dessert I would give it 5 stars. We had a 7:45pm reservation and didnt get seated until 8:20pm, so expect a but of a lag. However, we ordered a few "towers" consisting of a mixture of chilled lobster, crab oysters jumbo shrimp and ceviche and a lobster bisque as appetizers, all of which were divine. As a main dish the sea bass, halibut, New York strip and one and a half pound lobster were tasted. I would definitely recommend the lobster the most, but the fish was great as well. Now for dessert: they can deliver a tea and coffee but the citrus tart is actually the WORST dessert I have ever had at ANY RESTAURANT in my life. Everything from the tart, to the whipped cream was uneatable; HORRIBLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish Restaurant in DowntownGerryDined on 8/3/2014Great vibe and look! New York South, with wonderful service, and FOOD.Special Features:
- Great Addition to Las OlasGeorgiaDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful and very comfortable. Our waiter was excellent! The whole fish was delicious. There was a 4 Course Menu for $49 that we did not try, but offers exceptional value. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love it, but a bit too noisyPrisEatsDined on 8/1/2014We love the décor so much that we are planning on doing the same treatment to our kitchen at home. They do extraordinary things with seafood and it all taste great. Just wish that we could hear each other better while dining.Special Features:
- Smooth SailngGreatDatePlaceDined on 7/31/2014What a great restaurant and a great waitress (I think her name is Marni?). Chris the bartender was terrific and hospitable also making up a great refreshing drink to start the night. Our waitress was an energetic lady with a passion for the food and the way she described each item made the anticipation and great and the end result surely did not disappoint. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrifficFabulousDined on 7/30/2014I thought the food was terrific. The staff and waiter were attentive and on the ball. Loved the decor.Special Features: