Lobster Bar Sea Grille
450 E. Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Lobster Bar Sea Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.buckheadrestaurants.com/lobster-bar-sea-grille/
- Phone: 9547722675x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeff Pfeiffer
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Lobster Bar Sea Grille
Enjoy pristine seafood, live lobsters and prime steaks in a fresh, upscale casual atmosphere at Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Filled with modern-contemporary nautical touches, the experience will leave you feeling like you have just dined on a luxury yacht. Beautiful tiled archways and custom lighting give the dining room a more intimate feel, while the lounge’s vibrant U-shaped bar and channel-back seating welcomes guests to relax and dine with friends and colleagues. The fully covered patio with cushioned furniture is ideal for cocktails and light outdoor dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lobster Bar Sea Grille - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Lobster Bar Sea Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
200 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)fit for foodies (90)hot spot (79)vibrant bar scene (66)romantic (64)good for groups (58)notable wine list (57)neighborhood gem (52)great for lunch (30)late-night find (19)great for brunch (14)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- GREAT PLACEtallyhoVIPDined on 8/31/2014From the decor to the food, Lobster Bar is top notch in its food and service. The surf and turf was amazing and the 49 dollar tasting menu offers many selections. The octopus salad is great. Service was personable and prompt. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was outstanding!FloridaFoodDivaVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thank you for a great evening out! We truly enjoyed our dinner as well as the outstanding service. We will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014If you desire remarkable seafood this is the place?service, hospitality, and decor are top notch . Try the branzino.prepared so simply but totally delicious. Same for calamari, dorado, in fact everything is a winner right down to the passion fruit sorbet.Special Features:
- fantastic dinnernicolasDined on 8/28/2014Amazing octopus, and grated oysters, incredible salted cooked snapper I will go back many timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was expecting betterMonicaBVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was expecting to be wowed and was not. I did like the atmosphere, very downtown chic. It was my husband, myself and our 12 year old son, we were placed next to the kitchen. They made an assumption. I'm also guessing they place the less experienced servers in the back, too. The food was OK. My white fish was served on white rice with a pale sauce. I can do that at home. My son and I ordered from the tasting menu and dessert was included, a nice way to taste several things. Our server served the dessert and never even asked or presented a dessert menu for my husband. It will be a long time before I will be able to get my husband to go back there. Not worth the hype, at least not our night.Special Features:
- like a grotto in romepdeveloperDined on 8/22/2014i must have taken ten pictures of the tiled ceiling and arches ...... great atmostphere, really hopping at the bar. And the food was out of this world. Just a little loud, the tile bounces everybody's sound around a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/22/2014Amazing service and the good was fantastic. I would recommend a trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuParty4blueDined on 8/21/2014This was the first visit for a special occasion. I recommend that management make enhancements or changes to the menu. The quality of the food was not the best. The lobster was overcooked and tough, it lacked flavor even with the choice of a sauce. The steak was dry. The only thing that was delicious was the glass of wine I ordered and the dessertSpecial Features:
- OverratedC4urselfDined on 8/20/2014Recommended by a friend I went to this restaurant with an out-of-town guest and was disappointed. Had the Ahi Tuna Carpaccio as an appetizer. That was great! Had the lobster tail for dinner, when you consider the price it did not meet expectations.
- Exccellent RestaurantJudiVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had a wonderful meal here. Quality of the food was outstanding and presentation was excellent too. Our Server Swannee was attentive, knowledgeable of the menu items, and always around when we needed her or had a question for her. Restaurant itself, which is in the location of the old Jackson's Steakhouse was redone inside to be more modern and more attractive. However, only negative was the noise level -- they need better acoustics. But it won't stop us from going there again.Special Features:
- Great for business diningRobertKDined on 8/18/2014Lobster Bar is one of the best places to take clients for a lunch and or dinner. Special family occasions are good here too. It's a little too noisy for a romantic dinner. The service is impeccable and prompt. The food is consistently very good. Good selection on the menu with a nice wine list. It impresses your guests for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014The food here is absolutely amazing!!! I am not a big fan of lobster but I loved it here! I will definitely be returning. Also, the halibut with risotto is definitely a must try! Could not find one thing on the menu that I wouldn't want to try. Appetizer - Try the char-grilled octopus.. Sounds interesting but it is absolutely outstanding!Special Features:
- AventuradinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014I'm a local and it was our first time there. I remember when it was Jackson's and it sat empty during the recession. They really did a great job with the renovations and decor. Our server was friendly, very hospitable and when my steak was a bit undercooked for my taste, they quickly added more fire till it was perfect. I appreciated that. We are not desert eaters in general but the profiteroles were worth the added calories! I highly recommend it and look forward to coming back again soon.Special Features:
- Awesome!Mininna33Dined on 8/8/2014Loved it sooo much! The food was delicious and service impeccable and the ambiance was perfect. The place is so beautifully decorated, it's a must go. Will be back very soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousMimosaDined on 8/8/2014Service is Great Food Excellent ! MY sever was Knowledgeable and Attentive . Host knew it was My fiancé Birthday and he made us feel special . I love the I think the 5lb lobster was a little to much but delicious and fresh from the sea .Special Features:
- SublimeDFWSGJDined on 8/6/2014Excellent service from the bar to the exit door. Consider the flash fried South African Lobster out of the shell, as an appetizer. Absolutely delicious. The portion is huge. Followed this with a shared bone in rib eye steak cooked to perfection. Two hungry men and had to get a to- go box. Our waiter was amazing.Special Features:
- Pros and Cons, lobster feastMarineFoodieDined on 8/5/2014If we had been seated on time and didn't order dessert I would give it 5 stars. We had a 7:45pm reservation and didnt get seated until 8:20pm, so expect a but of a lag. However, we ordered a few "towers" consisting of a mixture of chilled lobster, crab oysters jumbo shrimp and ceviche and a lobster bisque as appetizers, all of which were divine. As a main dish the sea bass, halibut, New York strip and one and a half pound lobster were tasted. I would definitely recommend the lobster the most, but the fish was great as well. Now for dessert: they can deliver a tea and coffee but the citrus tart is actually the WORST dessert I have ever had at ANY RESTAURANT in my life. Everything from the tart, to the whipped cream was uneatable; HORRIBLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fish Restaurant in DowntownGerryDined on 8/3/2014Great vibe and look! New York South, with wonderful service, and FOOD.Special Features:
- Great Addition to Las OlasGeorgiaDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant is beautiful and very comfortable. Our waiter was excellent! The whole fish was delicious. There was a 4 Course Menu for $49 that we did not try, but offers exceptional value. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Love it, but a bit too noisyPrisEatsDined on 8/1/2014We love the décor so much that we are planning on doing the same treatment to our kitchen at home. They do extraordinary things with seafood and it all taste great. Just wish that we could hear each other better while dining.Special Features:
- Smooth SailngGreatDatePlaceDined on 7/31/2014What a great restaurant and a great waitress (I think her name is Marni?). Chris the bartender was terrific and hospitable also making up a great refreshing drink to start the night. Our waitress was an energetic lady with a passion for the food and the way she described each item made the anticipation and great and the end result surely did not disappoint. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrifficFabulousDined on 7/30/2014I thought the food was terrific. The staff and waiter were attentive and on the ball. Loved the decor.Special Features:
- Summer prix fixe menu wonderfulfranklyrayVIPDined on 7/30/2014Great choices and value. Must use opentable.com for reservations to be safe. Attentive service by ample service staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SofldinerSofldinerDined on 7/29/2014A delightful dinner experience from the moment we arrived to the end of our meal with Happy Anniversary written on our dessert. The food was delicious. We started with the highly recommended grilled oysters and ahi tuna appetizer. Both were delicious. Their chopped salad was the best I have had. The Mediterranean snapper was beautifully prepared. The desserts we had were a perfect ending to our anniversary celebration. Our waiter was a pleasure. I am looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettinaDined on 7/28/2014This is a great spot for a business lunch or to catchup with a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget about itbesttorontoVIPDined on 7/27/2014was recommended that we try out lobster bar. We were excited to go, even more excited upon arrival. When my wife discovered it was a sister to her favorite restaurant kyma. (Heading to Atlanta in sept and all she has talked about is heading there for dinner...now questioning.). Our disappointment started just a few minutes after arriving . We had reservations and we checked in with the hostess and had a seat at the bar until our table was ready, kind of odd since the restaurant was 3/4 empty on a Sunday. We watched after table after table was seated. The bar tender had to go ask why we were not seated yet. The hostess had forgot and did not check us in as she said The food was good. But so disappointed from start was hard to shakeSpecial Features:
- LaurenVIPDined on 7/27/2014Very nice Sunday dinner. Love the $49 special all day on Sunday and wish it would be available Monday through Friday too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Find another placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014Our food was slow coming out of the kitchen. When the food arrived, it was moderately warm. The restaurant is over priced.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/25/2014The service was great, the appetizers was delicious, the entree's were okay. The deserts were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to be more hospitableUnhappyVIPDined on 7/25/2014As the resturant got crowded the quality of service declined. Our food was brought to our table and not once did the waitress came by to see how was it or how we were doing. Until it was time to order desert that's when we were attended to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2014Food was excellent. Waited for main course. Noise unbearable. Will not return.
- Snapper failed to snap!QualitydiningDined on 7/23/2014I was disappointed. Having visited several times before, I bring guests that I care about. This time, we had a whole snapper. It was mush by the time it was served. My guest and I had a spoonful of mushy fish, still attached to skin, luke warm and all for the price of $80 plus! My lobster bisque was missing the lobster (was added later), my other guest's steak, though excellent, was missing the mushrooms (added later) and all the food was warm rather than hot. The tater tots and octopus were good. The menu insert was dog eared which caused immediate concern as to presentation. I was also there for lunch a few days ago. Just didn't please as much as it used to. Overall I will have to think twice before inviting any more guests.
- Food good / service awfulARW57VIPDined on 7/22/2014For a high quality restaurant the service was awful. While I never want to be rushed it took forever to get served. After bringing out one of the meat dishes the server never asked if it was cooked properly (which it was not) and I had to track down the waiter to get it cooked some more. At the end the server only cleared the plates which were "to go" and left the rest of the dishes on the table for a long time. I had to get up and ask for the rest of the table to be cleared
- Excellent But LoudHappy2Dined on 7/15/2014Superb restaurant but it can be difficult to hear your dining companions due to how loud it can be. It is an excellent choice for many types of dining needs and very impressive if you need a place for a business diner, however don't plan on getting much business done, once again, due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysStanDined on 7/15/2014Great in all aspects. Alhough table next to us had very loud people, we realize that servers & staff have little control over those annoyances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic eveningamdwfdDined on 7/13/2014everything was perfect,fantastc food, Marney our server was one of the most professional servers we have had in a very long time, she was fun and helpful with suggestions, very efficient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experienceBarbaraDined on 7/13/2014This is the 2nd time we dined at the Lobster Bar Sea Grille. Our server is excellent and remembered us from the previous week. I am vegan and enjoyed the kale salad. My boyfriend absolutely loved everything he ordered from the South African lobster tails to the steak he ordered and Olivier made excellent suggestions. The price fixe menu is excellent. The service is impeccable and a very nice touch to show they care is the manager will go from table to table to ask how everything is. Definitely an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014great lobster....enjoyed every piece of it. it was lovelySpecial Features:
- excellent!jaymieDined on 7/11/2014This was one of the best restaurants I've ever been to, excellent food, amazing service and just a beautiful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDannyDined on 7/11/2014It was my wife birthday and when we arrived the hostess wished my wife a happy birthday. When seated the waiter greeted us with our names, nice touch. Food was excellent, service was excellent and beautiful restaurant.Special Features: